Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Match Against Mexico - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Match Against Mexico (788 Views)

The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa / Ethiopia Will Lose The Match Against Nigeria If? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Match Against Mexico by dreadeyez(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2007
guys!

who watch the match against Mexico, what do u think about the game?
Re: Match Against Mexico by wed123(m): 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2007
You're better off not watching it. Could have done something better with 90 minutes of my life. Taiwo is finished. Mikel looked like he had flu. Utaka now plays like he's a "big boy" (cos he's captain?), the coach is obviously a confused man. I cant score any player 3 out of 10 . Probably the Nigeria's worst game in recent times.
Re: Match Against Mexico by wed123(m): 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2007
, oh, by the way, the dude that lost the penalty kick on 90 minutes should be flogged! Did someone not tell him it wasnt a goal kick?
Re: Match Against Mexico by Arnold1(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2007
Nigeria is currently ranked No 1 in Africa according to FIFA, but I am really not impressed at the way we played.

Besides Martins' brilliant goals, our offense was lacking power.

I also thought Taiwo was unnecessarily rough; he cost us a goal (the penalty kick given to the Mexicans).

We really have a lot of work to do before the Nations Cup next year.
Re: Match Against Mexico by naijajew(m): 3:19am On Oct 15, 2007
I thought they put in quite a good performance individually.I was impressed with Apam,Uche,Etuhu,Ishiaku and Martins.I thought the midfield did well,they kept it simply and denied Mexico the chance to play their passing game.They also used route one tactics(long balls)- which players in this region struggle against-to unsettle the Mexican defense.
The whole team did well to keep up with the Mexican team, since they were playing at a bit of an altitude(700Km above sea level) and in hot/humid weather(the game was at 2pm local time).
They still have a lot of work to do though
BY THE BUSH(WAY):Berti Vogts looks really fit for a 60 year old.28 years after he retired from playing,he looked like he could still get in there and play.

(1) (Reply)

Forex / Champions League Myth? / Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.