Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha (6615 Views)

APC Asks Buhari To Probe Supreme Court Judgment On Akwa Ibom Election / Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today / Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by supereagle(m): 5:59am On Jan 31, 2012
The family of the late Kudirat Abiola; a chief of the Pan Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo; Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State; former Ogun State Governor, Chief Segun Osoba; and the President, Campaign for Democracy, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, have hailed the judgment of the Lagos High Court which sentenced Major Hamza al-Mustapha, to death by hanging on Monday.

The daughter of the late Kudirat, Hafsat Abiola-Costello, in a telephone interview with our correspondent, described the judgment as a good news for Nigerians.

Abiola-Costello said, ‘’I am very happy. It (judgment) is a very good message for Nigerians. It sends a message that people who abuse power will not be able to get away with it.’’

Later, she issued a statement describing the judgment as “the end of a story.”

The statement reads, “Every story has a beginning, a middle and an end. The death sentence handed down by Justice Mojisola Dada in the case against Major Hamza Al-Mustapha and Mr. Sofolahan may well be the beginning of the end of a sad story that began on the 4th of June 1996 when my mother, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola’s car was ambushed and she was gunned down on the streets of Lagos.

“The story had many twists and turns such that my six siblings and I often wondered if those that executed the assassination of our dear mother might not simply get away with it. After all, the crime took place in Nigeria, where we often say ‘anything is possible.’ Yet, over 15years later, when all hope had been lost, Justice Dada restored my faith in my country’s judicial system and in the integrity of the Nigerian people when she courageously chose to hear my mother’s cry from the grave for justice.

“Every story has a moral; I hope the moral of this story is that though retribution may be slow in coming, one day everyone will get what they deserve. After all, in some parts of Nigeria, we also say, ‘every day for the thief but one day for the owner.’”

http://www.punchng.com/news/abiolas-family-nadeco-others-hail-court-judgment-on-al-mustapha/
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by seedord247(m): 9:13am On Jan 31, 2012
supereagle:

After all, in some parts of Nigeria, we also say, ‘every day for the thief but one day for the owner.’”

http://www.punchng.com/news/abiolas-family-nadeco-others-hail-court-judgment-on-al-mustapha/

Na one by one
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by damola1: 9:27am On Jan 31, 2012
supereagle:

The family of the late Kudirat Abiola; a chief of the Pan Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo; Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State; former Ogun State Governor, Chief Segun Osoba; and the President, Campaign for Democracy, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, have hailed the judgment of the Lagos High Court which sentenced Major Hamza al-Mustapha, to death by hanging on Monday.

The daughter of the late Kudirat, Hafsat Abiola-Costello, in a telephone interview with our correspondent, described the judgment as a good news for Nigerians.

Abiola-Costello said, ‘’I am very happy. It (judgment) is a very good message for Nigerians. It sends a message that people who abuse power will not be able to get away with it.’’

Later, she issued a statement describing the judgment as “the end of a story.”

The statement reads, “Every story has a beginning, a middle and an end. The death sentence handed down by Justice Mojisola Dada in the case against Major Hamza Al-Mustapha and Mr. Sofolahan may well be the beginning of the end of a sad story that began on the 4th of June 1996 when my mother, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola’s car was ambushed and she was gunned down on the streets of Lagos.

“The story had many twists and turns such that my six siblings and I often wondered if those that executed the assassination of our dear mother might not simply get away with it. After all, the crime took place in Nigeria, where we often say ‘anything is possible.’ Yet, over 15years later, when all hope had been lost, Justice Dada restored my faith in my country’s judicial system and in the integrity of the Nigerian people when she courageously chose to hear my mother’s cry from the grave for justice.

“Every story has a moral; I hope the moral of this story is that though retribution may be slow in coming, one day everyone will get what they deserve. After all, in some parts of Nigeria, we also say, ‘every day for the thief but one day for the owner.’”

God bless Nigeria my country, God bless you Mrs Costello for this short yet inspiring piece.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by Wily2wily: 9:36am On Jan 31, 2012
Mustapha didn't kill anybody, That Judge is a Yoruba and because of the hatred Yorubas have for Northerners, they want him dead by all means, This is Miscarriage of justice. Whether Yorubas like it or not Mustapha will walk the street.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by Ruthkaycee(f): 9:41am On Jan 31, 2012
thankGod
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by kasperone8: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2012
Wily2wily:

Mustapha didn't kill anybody, That Judge is a Yoruba and because of the hatred Yorubas have for Northerners, they want him dead by all means, This is Miscarriage of justice. Whether Yorubas like it or not Mustapha will walk the street.

@willywilly so the judge hated shofolan(The other yoruba man).You are really pathetic
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by kunle86(m): 9:46am On Jan 31, 2012
If it is truly mustapha killed he the justice as arived, then is ok. grin
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by hohafrank(m): 9:48am On Jan 31, 2012
wily2wily,your are an evil man.how can you say what is glaring even to a blind man is miscarriage of justice.nemesis will soon catch up with you.fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by Wily2wily: 9:53am On Jan 31, 2012
kasperone8:

@willywilly so the judge hated shofolan(The other yoruba man).You are really pathetic
Yorubas want Mustapha dead by all means, sacrificing a worthless Yorubaman for Mustapha to die is ok for them.
Abiola is a Thief
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by eghost247(m): 10:03am On Jan 31, 2012
Sighs
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by Dipwater(m): 10:17am On Jan 31, 2012
Its not as if abiola is a gud guy but justice must be served for others to learn 4rm
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by biilwwu(m): 10:17am On Jan 31, 2012
Wily ,pls don't call your fellow Man a worthless Man ,We are all precious before God.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by manosteel(m): 10:27am On Jan 31, 2012
Now it is the Yorubas vs Hausas, let's see how it goes. I hear someone say one Nigeria.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 31, 2012
Dis Wily2wily should shut his mouth up if he has nothing to say!! angry angry Did u read anything about Kudirat's death at all Did u hear the account Roger narrated when he was used as a witness? Stop annoying people with thoughtless statements please. What has Al-mustapha done for u that u rae backing his evil deeds undecided so because na Hausa man make no Nigeiran judge put mouth for the case shey? Shut up abeg angry
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by T9ksy(m): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2012
manosteel:

Now it is the Yorubas vs Hausas, let's see how it goes. I hear someone say one Nigeria.

Yeah so did i and he sounded igbotic. Did later found out that, indeed it was an igbo

businessman and he STILL lives in maiduguri with his family.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by GWslim(f): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2012
The judgment will still proceed to appeal court then supreme until then nothing to be depend on.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by ogunniyi2: 10:45am On Jan 31, 2012
AL MUSTAPHA HAS SUFFERED FOR HIS SIN.AT ANY RATE,I BELIEVE THAT THE GUY IS A MATERIAL.FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CAN PUT HIM INTO GOOD USE IN THE ARMY TO COMBAT CRIME [ESPECIALLY IN THE AREA OF INTELLIGENCE].

IS A WELL TRAINED ARMY  IN ISRAEL.

NOTE: THE VIEW IS MINE
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by mcnepow(m): 10:51am On Jan 31, 2012
GWslim:

The judgment will still proceed to appeal court then supreme until then nothing to be depend on.
Meaning another hundred years of court wahala.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by Kabai: 11:07am On Jan 31, 2012
“Every story has a moral; I hope the moral of this story is that though retribution may be slow in coming, one day everyone will get what they deserve. After all, in some parts of Nigeria, we also say, ‘every day for the thief but one day for the owner.

Let he who kill die by every means, irrespective of mix-feelings by the agents of devil in our society,
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by humblebee: 11:14am On Jan 31, 2012
Wily2wily:

bloody d0lt, if you're not fine with the judgement u can go down with him, i'll b glad to dust my riffle again, ol0shee
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by stagger: 11:48am On Jan 31, 2012
Wily2wily:

Yorubas want Mustapha dead by all means, sacrificing a worthless Yorubaman for Mustapha to die is ok for them.
Abiola is a Thief

You are a fool. Mustapha will die by hanging. If he succeeds in walking, there are many people he has wronged who will take him out, just the way Nino Brown was taken out in New Jack City!
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by y2kaustin(m): 12:00pm On Jan 31, 2012
Nigeria!!!! always wasting vital resources,the US would have keep that guy and use him.That i know this guy too well,when i was in training in the Directorate of Military intelligence,trust me that guy is a wonderful material.i would have suggested the government adequately use him to strengthen its security apparatus.What a waste!!!
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by okeymadu(m): 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2012
Wily2wily:

If Mustapha didn't kill Kudi, who did? you? smiley
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by Kx: 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2012
y2kaustin:

Nigeria!!!! always wasting vital resources,the US would have keep that guy and use him.That i know this guy too well,when i was in training in the Directorate of Military intelligence,trust me that guy is a wonderful material.i would have suggested the government adequately use him to strengthen its security apparatus.What a waste!!!
In other words, Nigeria should close the prisons against every form of crime and vice.
Use the armed robbers, prostitutes, thieves, criminals, murderers etc because they all have one thing or the other to strengthen our nation with, dont you think so?

Some weird reasoning!
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by Emmzalon: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2012
I saw the guy yestadai on news afta his sentence i think,i wonder why he was smiling? He shld be in a remorseful mood
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by Wily2wily: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2012
Abiola and his Family are Thievery Family, I don't Glorify Fraudulent lifestyle but Yorubas do.
We have to commend Mustapha for helping Nigeria Eliminate them, Abiola and Wife could have sold of Nigeria if they are still alive
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by y2kaustin(m): 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2012
@Emmzalon, is was smiling?he is s gallant infantry soldier,willing to die anytime the need arises.he is NOT like that coward so called general Diya and co that shyte on their panties,kneeling down and crying, grin grin grin
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by stoplier: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2012
kudos to Justice Mojisola Dada and others.but do we have to wait this long in this country for true justice.
and for u Willy2Willy, if u have nothing good in ur brain to offer this forum, i advice u deactivate ur account.
try and b objective and stop being sentimental, i wonder if u were even born when this evil act was committed.
so keep shut n let ppl who ar of age speak.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by stagger: 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2012
y2kaustin:

Wonderful material in what sense? All the guys who are in DMI and DIA currently still doing their work; is Mustapha better than them?

My only regret is that people like that monster Frank Omenka did not join him.
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by lee007(m): 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2012
DOG ON THE LOOSE, CAN SOMEONE TIE THIS WILIWILI GUY TO THE STAKES BEFORE HE INFECTS PEOPLE WITH RABBIS, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET DOES NOT MEAN YOUR BRAIN FUNCTIONS ABIOLA WAS A BUSINESS MAN LIKE ANY NIGERIAN BUSINESSMAN AND WAS SUCCESSFUL, HE ALSO HAS A RECORD OF GIVING TO OTHER EVEN THOSE WHO CAME BACK TO BACK STAB HIM, SO VOCAL IS HIS WIFE TOO ABOUT THE PLIGHT OF THE COMMON MAN AND THEY TRUELY DEMOSTRATED LEADERSHIP IN THIS DIRECTION. HOW MANY SS, SE, WOMEN SPEACK OUT AGAINST THE EVEIL OF THIER MEN, HOW MAY HEROHIC WOMEN HAVE COME OUT OF THOSE REGION AFTER MARY SLESOR?

THIS IDOT COME HERE AND STARTS SPEAKING LIKE A TWART, OPONU 1ST GRADE undecided
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by klear(f): 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2012
I have a nasty feeling dis man will escape in a well orchestrated drama jst like d boko haram man. I hope dat he doesn't. He cant deny that he had no part to play in Mrs Abiola death. At last the family can have closure
Re: Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha by owasoyo: 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2012
@y2kaustin;: D simple question is- if it were to be ur Mother dt was murdered,wound u have made dt suggestion::But sorry ,he has been sentenced to death,if u are not satisfy by it, i have a beta option here,u can go to a nearby transformer and hug it,

@ willywilly: i can see u seriously need help,firstly u said d judgment is injustice, then later said thks to Al-mustapha for killing Abiolas family, see,what goes around, comes around, as u are happi d way the family they were murdered,one day someone will be happi d  way ur family were murdered too.onelse u repent and ask for forgiveness from God

(1) (2) (Reply)

LIVE!!! Israeli Citizens From Jerusalem Are In Owerri With Nnamdi Kanu (video) / Behold! Picture Of The Masked DSS Operative Unmasked / Reps To Probe Federal Roads Constructed Under Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari Govts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.