Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,190 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Nigerians In Paris? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Paris? (1855 Views)

Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? / Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Paris? by suze(f): 11:50am On Jan 31, 2012
Hi nairalanders, any nigerians in paris on this forum. I have a schengen visa to visit germany, but I also want to use it as an opportunity to visit paris and spend like 3days there. Been to germany a couple of times, but never been to paris, just need someone to guide me on places to go while am there for a few days.
Re: Nigerians In Paris? by demmy79: 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2012
I Studied in France and Worked in Paris for many years before i moved to UK recently.There are many places to Visit in Paris it Depends on you and money.
Re: Nigerians In Paris? by LaParisienne(f): 3:29pm On Jan 31, 2012
suze:

Hi nairalanders, any nigerians in paris on this forum. I have a schengen visa to visit germany, but I also want to use it as an opportunity to visit paris and spend like 3days there. Been to germany a couple of times, but never been to paris, just need someone to guide me on places to go while am there for a few days.

I'll make a few suggestions:
-Eiffel Tower is a must see

If you are into Arts:
-Louvre Museum
-Bourdelle Museum
-Carnavalet Museum

Amusement Parcs
-Disneyland Paris
-Aquaboulevard Water Parc

Avenue des Champs-Élysées is renowned for luxury Boutiques, Theatres, Cinemas, cafes, clubs etc.
For shopping, try Galeries Lafayette. They have both luxury and high street labels.
Les Puces de Mentreiul is a good flea market

You can also make a boat trip around Paris(check Bateaux Parisiens). There are tons of Restaurants, Operas and Night shows.

This is all I can think of for now. You'll get a city guide at Charles De Gaulle Airport, or you can Google these places for their addresses.
Re: Nigerians In Paris? by suze(f): 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2012
D problem I have is that i dont speak french. Will the guide take me round or would just give me directions and how much do these guides charge?
Re: Nigerians In Paris? by LaParisienne(f): 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2012
suze:

D problem I have is that i dont speak french. Will the guide take me round or would just give me directions and how much do these guides charge?

City guide I asked you to get at CDG is a handbook that contains info about Paris.
Maybe you need a[b] tour guide[/b]. I don't knw how much professional tour guides charge cos I've never used them. There are a lot of companies that organize tours around Paris, Google is your best friend.

Don't bother about not speaking french, almost everybody in Paris is bilingual. You wont have much problems.
Re: Nigerians In Paris? by kennybuda: 8:57pm On Jan 31, 2012
Go to notredam in paris nice place and with loads of tourist you will love the atmosphere
Re: Nigerians In Paris? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 31, 2012
@La Parisienne
how can you send her to the marché aux puces de M[b]o[/b]ntreuil, when the one in porte de Clignancourt is 10times better/bigger?

@OP
what about: LES FOLIES BERGERE/LIDO for a great Parisian show, LE PALAIS DE VERSAILLES for arts, LE CENTRE GEORGE POMPIDOU for arts, la CATHEDRALE NOTRE DAME DE PARIS, LE SACRÉ COEUR/MONTMARTRE, LE PARVIS DE LA DEFENSE, and a ride on a BATEAUX MOUCHES, not to be confused with any other boat ride on the Seine. . . . . . . and if anyone goes to the Champs Elysées, then they should go and take picture of this great avenue from the top of the ARC THE TRIOMPHE, simply breathtaking! or simply take one of the city tour buses (hop on hop off) to have a glance of all the major spots.

for museum, after LE LOUVRE, i would rather recommend LE MUSÉE D'ORSAY and LE MUSÉE GRÉVIN instead.
as for tour guides, when you land at CDG, i suggest you go to the tourist information desk, and i am sure they will have a list of proper ones to help you with.
Re: Nigerians In Paris? by LaParisienne(f): 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2012
@MBJ
That's the one I could remember, I'm not really into flea markets. I was just making a few suggestions based on what I could think of at that time, anybody else can add whatever; just like you did.
Re: Nigerians In Paris? by Afam4eva(m): 1:46am On Jul 14, 2013
See Pari and die grin Where's the OP?

(1) (Reply)

Help Help!!! My Brother Visa Is About To Gone While He's Still In Nigeria. / If You Want To Travel Always Have A Plan B And C(photo) / I Have A Visa To Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.