Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (12623 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / 10 Ways Youths React When Their Pastors Say They Should Not Engage in Sex / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 01, 2012
Its confirmed that these christians make their pastors to sin. Example is this scenario

If i have a bunch of followers who equate me with God, wow, i dont think i'll make them stop following the path of hero worshiping and worshipping me instead of worshipping the God i preach. Power corrupts and absolute power at that. Just take a look at elections, when even someone going for councillorship will kill for that position just because of Power (and then Money). If my followers call me Mama, Papa which is wrong according to Jesus who said dont call any man father on Earth, i dont think i'll make them stop because it makes me feel good and puffed up, when i know it is wrong.
These christians go to any length to pay tithes even stealing and lying just to pay tithes. I the pastor who receives such heathen money, also swims in the same pot of sin with my members. I receive an oil bloc from a member, when i know no oil business is free from sharp practices. As well my church member have made me to sin.

You see, nigerian christains are the one that make their pastors and reverend fathers to sin unknowingly to them.

If Nigerian christians could stop this excessive hero worship, then these men of God will stop their excessive lifestyle and tongue twisting. These hypocrisy of religion will come to a halt.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Acidosis(m): 8:46am On Feb 01, 2012
diluminati, please can we have a chat? nt on nairaland.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by debosky(m): 8:50am On Feb 01, 2012
The followers do what the leaders encourage - if you present yourself as someone not to be worshipped (as John the Baptist did) then no one will worship you or call you 'Papa and Mama'.

If as a spiritual leader of people you don't have the self discipline to condemn hero-worship and the like, then you should not be a Pastor in the first place.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 01, 2012
debosky:

The followers do what the leaders encourage - if you present yourself as someone not to be worshipped (as John the Baptist did) then no one will worship you or call you 'Papa and Mama'.

If as a spiritual leader of people you don't have the self discipline to condemn hero-worship and the like, then you should not be a Pastor in the first place.

+1

You have a good point here. This calls for serious consideration.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by dekung(m): 11:54am On Feb 01, 2012
I do believe these followers most times make their pastors to sin but it now depends on the pastor to caution them when they are going out of their make him a demigod. I attend a church where the pastor and his wife continually caution members to treat them like normal human beings. In fact the wife told members sometime ago that when she is coming to church no one should bother to collect any baggage she is carrying especially if she is coming with her any of her children. She said she carried by herself from whereever she is coming from so what makes them think she is tired of carrying. Even something as small as her bible people still try to help her carry. The husband on his part is quiet and unassuming, he tries to live a simple ordinary life to the extent that he drives himself and come to church through the same traffic that all other church members drive through despite having a congregation of almost 20,000 members. After church service you can't even tell the difference between pastor and congregation. Despite all these, members still try to outdo themselves in deifying him. On several occassions he had told members that he would rather celebrate his birthday and other anniversaries quitely with his family yet people still go out of their way in planning big budget parties for him. I think both sides share the blame but the congration take a larger part of the blame.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 01, 2012
dekung:

I do believe these followers most times make their pastors to sin but it now depends on the pastor to caution them when they are going out of their make him a demigod. I attend a church where the pastor and his wife continually caution members to treat them like normal human beings. In fact the wife told members sometime ago that when she is coming to church no one should bother to collect any baggage she is carrying especially if she is coming with her any of her children. She said she carried by herself from whereever she is coming from so what makes them think she is tired of carrying. Even something as small as her bible people still try to help her carry. The husband on his part is quiet and unassuming, he tries to live a simple ordinary life to the extent that he drives himself and come to church through the same traffic that all other church members drive through despite having a congregation of almost 20,000 members. After church service you can't even tell the difference between pastor and congregation. Despite all these, members still try to outdo themselves in deifying him. On several occassions he had told members that he would rather celebrate his birthday and other anniversaries quitely with his family yet people still go out of their way in planning big budget parties for him. I think both sides share the blame but the congration take a larger part of the blame.

I love this. Glowing Christianity at its best.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by eghost247(m): 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2012
power corrupts nigerian pastors are Like Mini Gods and its not right
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by dare2think: 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2012
debosky:

Correct.

There is a certain human element attached to it. Cult of personality. A feel good factor that can affect anybody, from Hitler and dictators to local government chairmen and office supervisors.

However, it takes self-discipline and humility to counter such effect. Such humility exemplified by Jesus in the bible  and Ghandi will attract more adoration and draw people closer to your cause.

Majority of Nigerian pastors are just arrogant charlatans and that is just the bitter truth.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Samoo01: 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
The nominal ”pastor” Adeboye is the number one one the list of errant ”pastors” in this regard. He's the most egocentric, nassisistic Nigerian out there. When he's not telling you how he could purchase a MCD double engines jet at a snap of fingers, he'll be telling you how everyone automatically felt the presence of an ”anointed spirit” when he entered a restaurant in Canada. He was the same SOB who claimed there would have been 49 crashes in 2005 but for his ”prayers” that averted it to five, including the one in which scores of innocent, home bound Loyola College teenagers perished.

The level of ignorance and gullibility of Nigerians is beyond any rational reasoning.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by martyns303(m): 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2012
well aint itin the position of the pastor to resist such undecided
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by stagger: 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2012
diluminati:

Its confirmed that these christians make their pastors to sin. Example is this scenario

If i have a bunch of followers who equate me with God, wow, i dont think i'll make them stop following the path of hero worshiping and worshipping me instead of worshipping the God i preach. Power corrupts and absolute power at that. Just take a look at elections, when even someone going for councillorship will kill for that position just because of Power (and then Money). If my followers call me Mama, Papa which is wrong according to Jesus who said dont call any man father on Earth, i dont think i'll make them stop because it makes me feel good and puffed up, when i know it is wrong.
These christians go to any length to pay tithes even stealing and lying just to pay tithes. I the pastor who receives such heathen money, also swims in the same pot of sin with my members. I receive an oil bloc from a member, when i know no oil business is free from sharp practices. As well my church member have made me to sin.

You see, nigerian christains are the one that make their pastors and reverend fathers to sin unknowingly to them.

If Nigerian christians could stop this excessive hero worship, then these men of God will stop their excessive lifestyle and tongue twisting. These hypocrisy of religion will come to a halt.

The way you are going, I would be very surprised if you make it beyond 2012 without God striking you with the worst death possible.

Continue your blasphemous posts.

And I do hope you remember how Abdulkarim Adisa, who was demolishing churches with reckless abandon as Works Minister under Abacha ended. Died like a rat!

You know how rats die when they are smashed? Try to watch a rat die. Because that is how you will end up if you do not stop your campaign of calumny against God's anointed.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by dare2think: 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^

Hahaha

Threats, Threats, Threats- Typical

Just for speaking your mind.

Yet boko haram that is killing people and burning churches are still roaming about.

Splendid how the mind of the deceived works.

By the way, is Dilliminati, the one whom you wished the worst possible death upon, not a child of God??

Or are Men of God Fraud the only anointed from God?
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by 2good(m): 2:17pm On Feb 01, 2012
stagger:

The way you are going, I would be very surprised if you make it beyond 2012 without God striking you with the worst death possible.

And I do hope you remember how Abdulkarim Adisa, who was demolishing churches with reckless abandon as Works Minister under Abacha ended. Died like a rat!

You know how rats die when they are smashed? Try to watch a rat die. Because that is how you will end up if you do not stop your campaign of calumny against God's anointed.

Boko haram is killing you christian like cockroach in the North and you are threatening somebody will die like a rat, when your prayers have been proven to be ineffective and a waste of time. Rather than prophesy negatively against somebody with a dissenting view from yours, why not instead divert your prophetic words to the likes of Boko haram and  corrupt Nigerian politicians that have put you all in your current poverty state.
These con men are not anointed but use your gullibility to milk you all from the little you all have while they live a life of affluence. Stop deceiving yourself and use your brain to be rational and objective, if you want to enjoy this life cos you have just one chance to live.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
stagger:

Prove to us there's a God

Then prove to us he has an anointed

Then prove to us so, so and so is his anointed

Then prove to us that if you say anything against his anointed, you will die in the worst way possible

because you've managed to stack up many unproven statements in your post.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by samstels: 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
@stagger,
Is this your reply the best response you can offer , IT SHOWS HOW INTELLIGENT YOU ARE.

You are such a big fool.

Go and read through what you just posted once more .

Good day .
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Efizzi: 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2012
@STAGGER, Your post just shows the type of human being you are. If the poster is wrong, Who are you to pronounce judgement? How can you say the poster would die like a rat or perhaps it is you (STAGGER) who would die like a rat. From what I see the poster did not insult God. The poster is just saying the truth about what happens in more than 50% of Nigerian churches. Of which deep in your heart you know its the truth. Its people like you who worship pastors without reasoning. Just see your name stagger( what a name). Your so called pastor should have even adviced you not to pick such names as usernames or nicknames( Take this as an advice)

PLEASE MAKE USE OF YOUR BRAIN BEFORE POSTING ON NL OR SOMEONE ELSE WOULD USE IT FOR YOU, (which is obvious)
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by malc619(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2012
Stagger is a stupid fellow.
I wonder where the Idea of cursing one who has a dissenting opinion from yours comes from.
Even Jesus Christ and Stephen prayed for forgiveness for those who killed them.
Keep licking your pastor's hairy arse and see where it leads you to,
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by KINGwax(m): 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2012
Well, if y'all think i care, then y'all are foolz!
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Tolulop001(f): 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
stagger:

Gosh! Why are you always angry? Unpleasant much undecided
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by kokoye(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2012
Wow . . wow wow

some people have definately placed men more than God . . really sad

You would think Nigeria would be a great place to live with all these worshippers of men and religion . . but nooooo, boko haram is having a field day all over the place and killing innocents everywhere.

Yet they keep worshipping men and religion.

God is surely laughing at our ignorance . .He will not come down to correct you.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by kokoye(m): 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
and who is God's anointed . . or who is not?

we all say the prayer in Psalm 23:5

. .except we dont believe in our prayers.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by cautious: 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2012
dekung:

This gives us hope that some church leaders get things right in our dispensation. It is heart-warming, to say the least. Btw, this description fits the leader of a church I know in Oregun. The significant thing is that the couple's simplicity is exemplary. Kudos to them,
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2012
I pity those of you that used to abuse pastors on this forum. You may become a pastor tomorrow and you will reap what you are sowing now. Please, for God sake stop these arrant nonsense because of the judgement of God. I have never read on this forum where you guys abuse babalawo or dibia or alfa whose activities are more dubious than the pastors
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by kokoye(m): 3:52pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^

I am also against abusing pastors but . . .

Because of their position, they are held to higher standards. They are human and flesh so they need to be cautioned at times as well,

the same way Goodluck Jonathan is cautioned. . .

And why should anyone talk about balalawo or ifa here . . they do not matter. I'm surprised you are comparing them.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by PA1982(f): 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2012
stagger:

How amusing!
More curses!
Been there, done that, got the mousepad:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=852413.msg10097369#msg10097369

Get over this nonsense.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by basadenet: 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2012
Your post has no solid base and can not be substantiate.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by olumolar55(m): 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2012

@stagger,  wetin we carry and wetin una throw,  why!!! Truth is bitter, Only God knows who serves Him !!!. If you are a Pastor or aspiring to be one, then change your way.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by PA1982(f): 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2012
basadenet:

Your post has no solid base and can not be substantiate.

My post, you mean?
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by sylve11: 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2012
Tolulop001:

Gosh! Why are you always angry? Unpleasant much undecided

he's created by baal to do just so. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Born Again: This Is The Only Way To Make Heaven / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / See What Pastor Kumuyi Preached This Morning That Surprised Many.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.