Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam (2285 Views)

Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Lying (taqiyya And Kitman) / Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by BANGZKIRKO: 1:26am On Feb 03, 2012
AL TAQIYYA IS THE ACT OF CONCELING THE TRUTH OR LYING IN OTHER TO ENTICE UN BELIEVERS OR NEW CONVERTS, OR LYING IN SITUATIONS OF LIFE AND DEATH OR DANGER. Muslims may appear very sincere; in fact, they are sincere, when they lie for their own protection or in the cause of Islam. They have permission to lie. Yes, Christians have also lied but never are they given permission to lie. However, a Muslim has no guilt since the Koran and Hadith permit his deception.

They will lie to make Islam more attractive to potential converts as they speak of “no compulsion in religion” while all of them know that verse was abrogated by later verses. They will quote verses that speak of tolerance and kindness knowing that those verses were written when Mohammed was desirous of “tolerance and kindness,” but when he climbed into the catbird seat, everything changed and he became a terrorist.I DONT MEAN TO BE OFFENSIVE.

Muslims have no hope for eternal salvation without their good works, so they must keep working to advance Islam. If a few lies will accomplish that goal, then lying is not bad but good. If they can get good publicity for Islam by lying, then lying is acceptable, even desirabE. The Muslim is earning his way to heaven by lying to a non-Muslim. HMMMMMM. JUST RECENTLY CAME ACROSS THIS TEACHING IN ISLAM CALLED AL TAQIYYA AND I HOPE, FOR THE SAKE OF MY MUSLIM FAMILY AND FRIENDS SOMEONE EXPECIALLY A MUSLIM SHOULD HAVE A BETTER EXPLAINATION OF THIS DEVILSH DOCTRINE.
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by Sweetnecta: 5:52am On Feb 03, 2012
^So belief in One God Whose Person Name is Allah, obeying Him and accepting His Commands, so much so that His Book, the Al Quran is left unadulterated, even in Language is counted in your mind as work and not Faith in Him? You are truly not offensive, but definitely you are deceitful or you do not know what faith in God is and its difference from Work or action of good deeds for the Pleasure of God is.

Faith in God and Work of God deeds go hand in hand. Did Jesus simply have faith in God or did he combined it with work of righteousness in the hope that God will elevate him?
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by proo212(m): 9:33am On Feb 03, 2012
Sweetnecta, I see you did not address the concept of Al-taqiyya.

Thank God for the Internet, I have read different takes on it. What is your own take on it?
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by manmacho: 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^So belief in One God Whose Person Name is Allah, obeying Him and accepting His Commands, so much so that His Book, the Al Quran is left unadulterated, even in Language is counted in your mind as work and not Faith in Him? You are truly not offensive, but definitely you are deceitful or you do not know what faith in God is and its difference from Work or action of good deeds for the Pleasure of God is.

Faith in God and Work of God deeds go hand in hand. Did Jesus simply have faith in God or did he combined it with work of righteousness in the hope that God will elevate him?

abeg address the topic please. we they wait.
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by mazaje(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
^^
You go wait tire. . . .
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by Sweetnecta: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2012
@Proo212 and manmacho: « #2 on: Today at 09:33:51 AM »
[Quote]Sweetnecta, I see you did not address the concept of Al-taqiyya.

Thank God for the Internet, I have read different takes on it. What is your own take on it?

Report to moderator   Logged
Wuerdig und Herrlich ist das Lamm, Jesus Dir allein sei Ehre
manmacho

Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam
« #3 on: Today at 12:22:31 PM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 05:52:23 AM

abeg address the topic please. we they wait.[/Quote]Ask the op or you could help him to get the word Al-taqiyya out of the Quran, then I will address it. All of us will agree that what you want me to address is less controversial that Jihad. The difference between the two is that Jihad is a known word and concept within Islam. I have participated in discussions on this board on Jihad. Whereas, Al-taqiyya is not a word in the Quran or a main stream Islamic concept. This is the reason I do not want to indulge in such a tangential issue.

But be that as it may, it is defined as lying to reserve you person against harm. In this case Peter the rock of Jesus or christianity did al-taqiyya to protect himself, denying his companionship of Jesus or his way as actual follower of Jesus. Thats would have been equal to Ali [ra] denying that he was a follower of Muhammad [as] at the time of Hijr. Yet he took the bed of the prophet [as]! See the difference in sincere faith and liars?

Al-taqiyya is also defined as lying to hide your agenda or actually advancing your religion. Almost all christians are guilty of this. Let me give you some examples and I will start from what you say of Jesus and what Jesus said of himself; You said he was the Creator or everything was created through him where as he said I can of my own power do nothing. You say that salvation of all men, starting from Adam to the last man on earth is through Jesus whereas we know that there were scores of people saved before Jesus ever walked the face of the earth [eg. Adam and his mate Eve, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Ishmael who God named and I hope you will not say God allowed him to be perished if He did not allow Jacob with all his deceit to perish, Isaac who can't handle his own affairs, Jacob, Joseph, the criminal and evil brothers of Joseph, Moses, Aaron, Joshua, Samuel, King Saul, David the killer and adulterer, Solomon the foreign nation idol worshiper [i guess thats how the moon god came to Palestine, henn Olaadegbu?], Jonah, Job, ELisha, Elijah, etc, Zacharias, John his son who is the greatest prophet of Israel, greater than human prophet Jesus unless Jesus was wrong in his statement here as he may be wrong of John being ELijah? Whereas Jesus was begging God Ellah as he called Him to save him in his so much petition, crying, weeping, prayers in Gethsemane.

I can give you more examples. I will be wasting my energy on this matter. Then I can use Paul to show that al-taqiyya is ingrain in the fabric of Christianity. This will be a great topic to discuss because it is Paul who developed the concept of Christianity, its doctrine, its essence.
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by Sweetnecta: 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2012
The waiting is not so long. Are you tired boys? You go read tire!
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by tbaba12345: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2012
Al taqiyya is not even a common muslim concept, The vast majority of muslims have no idea of what that is, It is practiced by a 10% shia minority.

Time for

ISLAMOPHOBIA FOR DUMMIES

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz1GeyWuC18&feature=plcp&context=C3674d6aUDOEgsToPDskLFHsfd0HvelX9q3kBP1vVF[/flash]
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by firebrand: 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2012
Dear swetnecta, I have never had such word as al-taqiyya before, and it is disappointing from religious point of view that it is allowed or acceptable, considering its meaning, in islam. You did mention Peter's denial of Christ, but you failed to mention that he wept bitterly for that singular sin (he did repented of it).

As a matter of fact, Bible categorically declared that all liars shall have their portion in the lake of fire, either white or black lies, holy or evil lies, any form of lie is unpleasant in the presence of God. Some of the apostles of Christ became martyrs for their faith, and standing by the truth. They refused to lie so as to escape being killed. This is the true martyrdom and not the killing of infidels as it is done today by some.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominables, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev. 21;8
So if your religion encourages you to lie in the face of threat, admosity, tribulation, etc then it is probably there is no light in that your religion. 

Besides, saying the truth always is evidence of of fruit of the spirit. A statement of your trust in God that even the people hates to hear it, God is happy to hear it.
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2012
firebrand:

Dear swetnecta, I have never had such word as al-taqiyya before, and it is disappointing from religious point of view that it is allowed or acceptable, considering its meaning, in islam. You did mention Peter's denial of Christ, but you failed to mention that[b] he wept bitterly for that singular sin (he did repented of it).[/b]

As a matter of fact, Bible categorically declared that[b] all liars shall have their portion in the lake of fire, either white or black lies, holy or evil lies, any form of lie is unpleasant in the presence of God[/b]. Some of the apostles of Christ became martyrs for their faith, and standing by the truth. They refused to lie so as to escape being killed. This is the true martyrdom and not the killing of infidels as it is done today by some.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominables, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev. 21;8
So if your religion encourages you to lie in the face of threat, admosity, tribulation, etc then it is probably there is no light in that your religion. 

Besides, saying the truth always is evidence of of fruit of the spirit. A statement of your trust in God that even the people hates to hear it, God is happy to hear it.

May you be eternally blessed.

TRUTH is the key word.

Any lie, every lie is a sin , and we know why, there is someone who is called the father of lies and by implication liars.

John 8:44
New International Version (NIV)
"44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him.When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by LagosShia: 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by Sweetnecta: 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2012
@Firebrand and Frosbel: « #9 on: Today at 03:57:02 PM »
[QUote]Quote from: firebrand on Today at 03:39:32 PM
Dear swetnecta, I have never had such word as al-taqiyya before, and it is disappointing from religious point of view that it is allowed or acceptable, considering its meaning, in islam. You did mention Peter's denial of Christ, but you failed to mention that he wept bitterly for that singular sin (he did repented of it).

As a matter of fact, Bible categorically declared that all liars shall have their portion in the lake of fire, either white or black lies, holy or evil lies, any form of lie is unpleasant in the presence of God. Some of the apostles of Christ became martyrs for their faith, and standing by the truth. They refused to lie so as to escape being killed. This is the true martyrdom and not the killing of infidels as it is done today by some.

May you be eternally blessed.

TRUTH is the key word.

Any lie, every lie is a sin , and we know why, there is someone who is called the father of lies and by implication liars.

John 8:44
New International Version (NIV)
"44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him.When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."[/Quote]If you guys only saw Peter in what I posted, I will like to remind you that I posted a little about Jesus and I also mentioned Saul who later became Paul. I guess you guys did not watch the video posted by tbaba? Have spines, boys and see how your Paul reveled in al-taiyya. But lets go to Peter for a moment. If his crying later on way a litmus for his goodness, then what do you do with the man Judas Iscariot who sacrificed himself, just because he participated in fulfilling the prophesy of Jesus? Didn't Jesus sacrificed himself to fulfill the prophesy of old? [Of course you know that i am mocking you like the jews who the Quran reported called Jesus the messiah].

Who is greater in deed and love as follower of Jesus between Judas and Iscariot? Who copied Jesus between the two in the way of choosing how death take their soul? grin
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by LagosShia: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2012
please you guys should review the links i presented earlier to know what is Taqiyyah and what it means to muslims and in islam and in those thread you see it is discussed in comparison to christianity and the bible.we all know Peter wept.but that doesn't mean he committed a sin.he denied Jesus to save his life and avoid committing suicide.if Peter could have defended Jesus (which he actually did by striking someone with a sword) he would have even overthrown the roman empire itself.weeping really doesn't mean guilt.he was obviously unhappy and sad.taqiyyah is expedient dissimulation where one is forced or compelled to deny his true identity.you dont naturally feel happy by denying who you believe in or cursing someone you love.ofcourse you will feel.so no one should think people perform taqiyyah out of happiness or joy or deception.taqiyyah is to save one's life from harm or death.
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 04, 2012
LagosShia:

please you guys should review the links i presented earlier to know what is Taqiyyah and what it means to muslims and in islam and in those thread you see it is discussed in comparison to christianity and the bible.we all know Peter wept.but that doesn't mean he committed a sin.he denied Jesus to save his life and avoid committing suicide.if Peter could have defended Jesus (which he actually did by striking someone with a sword) he would have even overthrown the roman empire itself.weeping really doesn't mean guilt.he was obviously unhappy and sad.taqiyyah is expedient dissimulation where one is forced or compelled to deny his true identity.you dont naturally feel happy by denying who you believe in or cursing someone you love.ofcourse you will feel.so no one should think people perform taqiyyah out of happiness or joy or deception.taqiyyah is to save one's life from harm or death.

"There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:

haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community."    -  Proverbs 6:16-19
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by proo212(m): 12:59am On Feb 04, 2012
There are tons of information on the web, even hadiths that have not been translated from arabic properly just to "hide" the true meaning to readers who do not speak and write arabic.

We see it for what it is.
Re: Al-taqiyya . Lying In Islam by Sweetnecta: 11:00am On Feb 04, 2012
@Frosbel: « #14 on: Today at 12:47:44 AM »
[Quote]"There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:[/Quote]He hates 6 and He detests 7. What's the difference between hate and detest? I didn't say love and hate.

[Quote]haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,[/Quote]Paul. How did you survive this to be able to write the a good portion of the NT?

[Quote]hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies[/Quote]We shall ask Paul about a few of these and whole christendom, nations and all of them.

[Quote]and a person who stirs up conflict in the community." - Proverbs 6:16-19[/Quote]This grade of people Muhammad [as] the judge under Order given him by his Lord God Almighty, ordered to be killed. And you people are complaining that he killed them when it is in your Bible?

(1) (Reply)

Islam: Fear Of Reprisals Makes Publisher Drop Hot Book On Mohammed's Child Bride / The Miracles Of The Quran / The Concept Of Imamah In The Infallible Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.