Stats: 3,150,231 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? (13287 Views)

Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC (2) (3) (4)

Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by Xtfield(m): 10:04am On Feb 03, 2012
A relation who works in Ajaokuta just called that the Ajaokuta Cental Police Station as well as the branch of UBA inn the town was bombed overnight. It's however not clear whether Boko Haram did it or it's armed robbery. Please any NLer living around Ajaokuta should let the house know what's up with Ajaokuta.

Men suspected to be members of the Islamic fundamentalist sect, Boko Haram struck early this morning in Ajaokuta, Kogi State, North Central Nigeria, killing four persons. A police station and a first generation bank were burnt by the group.

Though a source claimed that it was a robbery attack, the incident had the trade mark of Boko Haram terrorist organisation.

P.M.NEWS gathered from an eyewitness that a pastor who heard the booming of guns at about 6.45 a.m. ran out of his house through the back door.

He successfully escaped with his wife and members of his family thinking it was an armed robbery attack.

However, a few minutes later, residents of Abuja Estate and those around Church Layout where most of the churches in Ajaokuta are located, realised it was a Boko Haram attack.

Victims of the attack have been identified as Dr. Ahmed, a medical personnel at Ajaokuta Steel Company Medical Centre and Mr. Balogun, a driver of the truck conveying fire service men to the scene of the attack.

P.M.NEWS learnt that as fire fighters approached the razed police station to put out the fire, their driver, Balogun, was shot dead by the attackers.

Two other fire fighters were reportedly killed and their efforts to put out the fire frustrated.

Some other persons were said to have also been attacked.

The attack has paralysed economic activities in Ajaokuta.

Offices, banks and shops were not opened this morning while school children who reported in their various schools were turned back.

A resident of Ajaokuta who attempted to report the attack to the Police Area Commander in the town told P.M.NEWS on phone this morning that the police boss’ phone could not be reached just as the lines of other police officers went dead.

As at press time, there was no official response from the police or government officials on the attack.

The Boko Haram sect has not spoken officially or claimed responsibility.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/03/boko-haram-strikes-in-kogi-kills-4-police-station-bank-burnt/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by musiwa43: 11:15am On Feb 03, 2012
why would boko haram look for trouble. Ajaokuta is not boko haram area. You see even the name ajaokuta is a Yoruba name.  Ajaokuta means the top of a mountain.  Lokoja is also a yoruba name. People should find out the history of an area,  before they claim it.

Ajaokuta means the top of a mountain
Abeokuta means the bottom of a mountain.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by NegroNtns(m): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2012
if a tire explodes these days. . . it is boko throwing bomb. lmao! This is very likely robbery or a wannabe group. before boko, pllice stations and banks have been targets by robbers. They first attack and scare or kill police off, then snatch their high powered rifles to take on robbery assignment or to sell off to the highest bidder.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

if a tire explodes these days. . . it is boko throwing bomb.  lmao!  This is very likely robbery or a wannabe group.  before boko, pllice stations and banks have been targets by robbers.  They first attack and scare or kill police off, then snatch their high powered rifles to take on robbery assignment or to sell off to the highest bidder. 

No mind our media. . .  . these people seem to be making desperate attempts to link it all to boko haram, probably to initiate some sort of civil crises in the country.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by moderattor: 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2012
these guys shot firefighters?!
God forgive them.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by ismhab(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2012
Lol. How comes the man of god is runing for his life, or is he a fake pastor.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by hooged: 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2012
Sensing danger in my dear country ,
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by Konnektions146(m): 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2012
bank operations suspended for now around dat axis due to insecurity but dont know if it boko H. dis people shouldnt come down to de east ooooooo
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by kim77: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2012
This cant be boko haram,

It must be robbery incident, that must be strategy to unsettle the police officers in the robbery arena,
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by KnowAll(m): 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2012
Abu qa qa is from Kogi State hence why there have been a few spate of bombings in and around Kogi State.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by jayplect(m): 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

No mind our media. . .  . these people seem to be making desperate attempts to link it all to boko haram, probably to initiate some sort of civil crises in the country.
[/quot
Negro_Ntns link=topic=862008.msg10111160#msg10111160 date=1328264396:

if a tire explodes these days. . . it is boko throwing bomb. lmao! This is very likely robbery or a wannabe group. before boko, pllice stations and banks have been targets by robbers. They first attack and scare or kill police off, then snatch their high powered rifles to take on robbery assignment or to sell off to the highest bidder.
e]
even if a pot drops on the floor and makes aloud thud na kobo ramha, boko haram or whatevajavascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by fesse(f): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2012
To all of you saying, it might not be Boko boys are kidding. May be you dont know how violent Kogi people are. Am not surprise to hear that. When kogi will start its own bombings, it will triple that of Bornu and d likes. Mark my words!!!
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by beackyBenneth: 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2012
I hope armed rubbers will not hide under  boko haram and be doing evil. Which way Nigeria, Which way to-which way to-i love love my father. i want to know2x which way Nigeria till Nigeria will die. But i believe Nigeria will never die in Jesus name.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2012
Anywhere danfodio steped foot is seen as a potential islamic region,so its a potential bh region,and remember d hausa muslim doesn't see d yoruba muslim as a true muslim
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by eejo(m): 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
on my way back to lokoja they is heavy police population in the town my car was stop at about 5 check points  the attack was boko haram  a security source told me
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by Ninapha(f): 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2012
kim77:

This cant be boko haram,

It must be robbery incident,  that must be strategy to unsettle the police officers in the robbery arena,

If its so then the banks would be in a better position to tell us else its Boko Haram's handiwork. Maybe they are running out of cash especially as the northern Governors are no more safe to pay them.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by Dede1(m): 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2012
musiwa,,.:

why would boko haram look for trouble. Ajaokuta is not boko haram area. You see even the name ajaokuta is a Yoruba name. Ajaokuta means the top of a mountain. Lokoja is also a yoruba name. People should find out the history of an area, before they claim it.

Bros, the level has changed and it seemed you are stuck in the era of Afonja. Those places were named when Old Oyo Empire's seat of government was located at a place still called Old Oyo few kilometers north of Ilorin. All the places you mentioned are now Boko Haram territory. grin grin

Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by purefella(m): 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2012
Boko Haram Once again who are this people God they kill anybody they like and fleed away , i am telling everybody here that the Boko Haram must have been working for the FG why would a sect be causing so much pain and fear to over 150million people if not that the FG is in supports of them . this is crazy oooo , shooting media reporters and fire fighters Na wa oo
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by KnowAll(m): 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2012
A resident of Ajaokuta who attempted to report the attack to the Police Area Commander in the town told P.M.NEWS on phone this morning that the police boss’ phone could not be reached just as the lines of other police officers went dead.

As at press time, there was no official response from the police or government officials on the attack.

The police always seem to disappear when you need them most.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by Rad1cal: 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2012
This is an armed robbery attack cool
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by osy77(m): 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2012
I just passed ajakuta enroute to owerri and there was nuffin that suggested tension
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by agabaI23(m): 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2012
beackyBenneth:

I hope armed rubbers will not hide under  boko haram and be doing evil. Which way Nigeria, Which way to-which way to-i love love my father. i want to know2x which way Nigeria till Nigeria will die. But i believe Nigeria will never die in Jesus name.
Hey we are Boko haram. Surrender your money or get bombed grin
I wish I'm a cartoonist undecided
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by KnowAll(m): 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2012
This is an armed robbery attack   cool

I beg to differ, that is the official line, but we no be mugu, this is the handiwork of Boko Haram. That new Governor had better start pulling his socks up.  undecided
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by Beaf: 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2012
[size=14pt]Abu qaqa is from Kogi state. Do the math.[/size]
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by highland(m): 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
Thieves are also using this BH issue to perpetrate evil. Be careful Nigerians.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by dino2006(m): 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2012
Business activities paralysed, banks closed down up to d other end of d state; kabba, isanlu, down to egbe,a source tells me. These people are stl recoverin from d spate of armed robbery attacks experienced last december. May God help us all. I don't blame any MOG that runs for his life; its just plain wisdom. Afterall, he is no different frm u and i.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by bulksms247(m): 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2012
Where is the yourobas that are spellin doom and hell if Boko Haram bomb youroba land. where una dey na time to act or una don become cowards. where is una opc naaaaaa. I wan hear new news that says Yourba retaliates bombing. I dey Wait oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by bulksms247(m): 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2012

LOL, all de police men phone were dead. on a serious note is this the work of PHCN?. why should their line be dead at a time they where needed?. de re crazi. sumtin is fishy here maybe they know of the attack before hand.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by T9ksy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2012
Dede1:

Bros, the level has changed and it seemed you are stuck in the era of Afonja. Those places were named when Old Oyo Empire's seat of government was located at a place still called Old Oyo few kilometers north of Ilorin. All the places you mentioned are now Boko Haram territory. grin grin

You are truly an "agbaya"! Always spewing gabbage which of course, when asked to substantiate , you can't. instead you

start ducking and diving like your dead ex-warlord. Caginess must have been hard-wired into your DNA.

Am still waiting (patiently) for your proof of the election result won by Zik in yorubaland , in 1951 o!
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by T9ksy(m): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2012
bulksms247:

Where is the yourobas that are spellin doom and hell if Boko Haram bomb youroba land. where una dey na time to act or una don become cowards. where is una opc naaaaaa. I wan hear new news that says Yourba retaliates bombing. I dey Wait oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

so to prove to id.iots like yourself, yorubas should start killing northerners in yorubaland when its not even certain that BK was

directly responsible for the bombing in Ajaokuta.
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by splashbaby(m): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
Pls let us be objective, I grew up in Ajaokuta and violent has always been alien to the community, it is the most peaceful and organised society in Nigeria, any crime in that town is usually very petty, My people their confirmed it to be Boko Haram and not mere robbers. Of all my 20yrs in Ajaokuta, I have never heard of gunshot before talk less of bombs
Re: Ajaokuta Bombed By Boko Haram? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2012
USE A BB? ADD ME ON BBM. PIN:26BE3874 grin grin grin grin grin grin

Victim Of 2012 Crash Shuts Dana Office / Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny / Tribunal Upholds Saraki’s Election