Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,806,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! (7716 Views)

Poll: Which bank do you think is as good as or better than GTB??

Access Bank: 8% (7 votes)
Zenith Bank: 21% (17 votes)
Wema Bank: 0% (0 votes)
Firstbank: 10% (8 votes)
NONE!!!: 60% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

How GTB Is Making Life Unbearable For Me / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by foluski: 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2012
I just finished reading a discussion by Nairalanders about their travails at hand of their banks, but it was discussed in 2008. However, four years on, I wish to personally say that I've had the greatest experience with GTB. I mean, apart from d fact dat deir branches r usually crowded(na many people sabi beta soup), dey R just superb. & all d reports  I hear of other banks & their money-getting schemes gives me the creeps. I only decided to try Access recently. Ain't saying dey r perfect, but like wat dey are.Love my GTB!
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Seun(m): 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
This is correct. GtBank is by far the most customer-friendly bank in Nigeria, except for the Sango-Ota branch.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by ranlaen: 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2012
I used other banks in past and GTB is certainly the easiest and most organised despite its high number of customers.
I spent 6 months abroad and 6 in nigeria and you can so easily move money ,check and bank online and if there any trouble phone them and get a fast answer and actual solution.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by mikymouse1(m): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2012
DiamondBank is equaly good!
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by freecocoa(f): 10:00am On Feb 04, 2012
I don't use GTB but my friend always laughs at me when I complain about my bank,she says GTB's the best,btw I'm sure OCEANIC BANK is a VERY useless bank,very poor customer service,very slow,most of their workers are just rude and feel funky for no reason,mscheew.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by bulksms247(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2012
Fuk diamond and first bank has de most insultive lady workers, everyone complains about dem. I rate GTB 100 percent and highly recommended for anyone seeking the best bank to operate an account, I operate 2 accounts there one savings and one coperate and I must say their services are sweet + plus de tea with bread I get to take wheneva I go there. Good bank
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 04, 2012
Although I raked at their staff in their Alagomeji branch yesterday and have also had a couple of unpalatable experience with their ATMs in the past, including making me stranded at Abuja airport 2 years ago, I still rate them the best.

Courteous and refined staff
Great environment
Excellent customer service
Great internet banking service
Less bureaucracy/procedure in opening and operating a/cs

You gotta love the bank. In fact, if I wanted to work in a bank, GTB is the only bank I can consider!
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Tafugo: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2012
I worked in the Banking industry for over 25 years leaving as a GM I find Diamond bank to be a very good and friendly bank and I rate them miles above even the bank I left as a GM. Try borrowing money from GTB if u do not work in Mobil,Shell etc then u will know that all the pazzaz is bullshit.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by CarlosVent(m): 10:30am On Feb 04, 2012
GTB is Bank of MEn and Women that understand.
I never step out to make payments at the banking all to any bank.
everything is done online.

their online money transfer token device is the best ever witnessed in Africa.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by jossy26: 10:40am On Feb 04, 2012
Yea Seun, you are very correct; that GTB sango ota is damn f***kd, I had to open a Zenith account cos of the crowd nd lackluster attitude of the GT staff
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Oskilala: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2012
Did somebody say DIAMOND BANK, yeah dats the bank.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by bulksms247(m): 11:38am On Feb 04, 2012
@carlosvent, long time dude, u re there I hardly remember de last time I went to GTB everything is done online.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by MisterNRC(m): 11:51am On Feb 04, 2012
The Make-Sense-"OFFICIAL" Bank of Naija for people wey sabi dieee.
The only think IMHO is that they should work on eliminating the middle man (CitiBank NY) when transferring money across continents at least to this corner wey i park myself.

Holla!
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by abhosts(m): 11:58am On Feb 04, 2012
I use both GTbank and Zenith. Both are equally good. The Service Quality also depends on the Branch you use.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2012
Hate Eco bank, esp the one in Zone 4 abj. Went there last week to pay in money, banking hall was dark due to power outage, pple cudn't withdraw, and were being asked to go to d branch opp nnpc towers. Even those of us paying in, d money was jst being stacked to be paid in later. Was so angry and in dis abuja heat, sweating. Then one of the staff in d counter was busy sleeping abi praying dunno, a guy kept trying to get her attention till he tapped her. Na wa.

I love me my gtb. To reduce d queue, those paying 100k and above hv their side, then small small money pple hv to go upstairs. Even thru out d subsidy palava only gtbank atm was working in my area. During festive and long holidays, I can always count on withdrawing cash.

Did someone say diamond bank, my acct has been dormant now for over a year. Used d acct while in Uni. Unnecessary charges. Put like 10K in d acct, u'll come back and  9k plus. So what's d use of d minimum balance? For me to get d new atm they sent it to d uni branch where I opened acct, and I had graduated, applied for transfer and waited over 3months till I got angry and went to sch to get it. Rubbish bank, let them stop flooding my fone wit their useless texts o!
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by acl200(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2012
GTbank is the best bank In 9ja I love the service rendered by Burma road branch apapa
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Oskilala: 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2012
acl200:

GTbank is the best bank In 9ja I love the service rendered by Burma road branch apapa

Hey! Dats a Big fat musculous Lie. i bank there too, they only attend to u if they know u'll drop smetin,
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Bishop(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2012
Yes,no doubt GT Bank has performed well using industry best practise but some branches need to meet up to customers expectation most especially thier customer service.

The ogba Branch customer service is horrible, very insultive set of women a sharp contrast to the Oba Akra Branch those young guys are great.

No appology just a positive citicsism

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2012
Oskilala:

Hey! Dats a Big fat musculous Lie. i bank there too, they only attend to u if they know u'll drop smetin,

I think it depends on the branch and staff who attends to you.

The Okota branch where i opened my account is superb.

but the ketu branch is something else, some staff there are just always angry, anytime you have an encounter with them, they will always kill your mood. while some in same ketu branch are very friendly.

BankPHB or keystone has the worst staff in Nigerian banking history.
I used the aguda branch 3 times for money gram and all 3 instance went sour.
so seeing their advert on TV is enough ground for me to reach for my remote and change channel
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by 76Naira(m): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2012
Yes, GTB is the best in Nigeria.
I have been a customer for 9 years and worked there also at a time.
No doubts at all.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by youngdee168(m): 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2012
I agree followed by zenith and 1st bank, d worst customer service bank is UBA, They luk and treat u as if u're begging them 4 moni.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by nettan: 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2012
youngdee168:

I agree followed by zenith and 1st bank, d worst customer service bank is UBA, They luk and treat u as if u're begging them 4 moni.

Very true, took me almost 3 weeks to re-activate my account. Those guys make me sick to my stomach
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by paleo(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2012
ALL NA FAT LIE, U B A IS D BEST, grin grin grin grin grin TRIED BANKING WITH UBA BANK @ALL, THEN YOU WILL FEEL LYK JOINING BOKO HARAM TO BLOW THAT HELL HOLE CALLED A BANK. BANKED WITH THEM FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS AND LOST CLOSE TO A 100K,,, undecided embarassed undecided
I SWEAR FIRST BANK AND ZENITH BANK BETTER PASS UBA, smiley
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by omoeso(m): 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2012
GTB all the way. Still the best to me. Opening my savings and current account was as easy as ABC, Sincerely, i took me less than 2hrs to open my current account. For the online banking, El Perfecto! Meanwhile, i'll say the worst of them all is Oceanic Bank. Kai! worst 2yrs of my banking experience. customers service=zero, ATM= -10, They charge you for everything in this world, even for using their banking hall doors grin
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by trix1: 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Stanbic IBTC or Union Bank? I'd love to hear what people think of these banks
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by felifeli: 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2012
Extremely thougtful bank. As someone who has lived long abroad one thing that struck me is that they have access (ramps) for disabled persons at most of their branches. Most people don't notice this of course.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by buzor(m): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2012
gtb my bank any day any time
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2012
For me, diamond is it. Gtb is overpopulated.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by initstime: 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2012
I hv proved Gtbank for about 8 yrs now,services gooood and improving, online banking swift,
FBN improving too on a fast pace, UBA left about 2k in my acct and ran away from the bank 5yrs ago, when i discovered they even charge me for looking at their bill board.
UBN decieved my yBrother and sized his 2k as minimum non-withdrawable balance. I ever remember the bass-like molelodious Humming Hullabaloos sound from their Airconditions @ the Unilag branch with dull looking big tommy- women every ever willing to get ur assistance in moving ur teller from table to table.
[size=14[color=#000099][/color]pt][/size]
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by yahyus(m): 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2012
GTB is splendid but JaizBank all d way.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by cameronese(m): 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2012
GTB Is good, that's the bank I've been using more consistently for about four years now.

However, they get funny at times - especially for online transactions. Recently, I attempted
to renew my Norton Anti-virus using GTB Mastercard. Norton delined the transaction and GTB
Held up my fund for 30 days!

It seems they aren't following the trend and dynamism of internet money transaction. Having
the tech is one thing, following the trend and adapting to changes is another thing.

UBA Is the most idiotic bank I've ever seen. I closed my current account with them last year
after they isseud ATM to unknown person on my behalf who withdraws N110,000. Though
they paid, but I don't like such lapses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alleged N8bn Fraud: EFCC Re-Arraigns Skye Bank Chair, Ayeni; MD, Oguntayo / How To Make Money Running A Video Game Store In Nigeria. / List Of Youwin Winners Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.