Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria (12267 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund / What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by 79733139(m): 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2012
Please all the Northerners on NairaLand, answer this truthfully ----> what exactly does the North contribute to Nigeria's economy and Nigeria's progress? What does the North bring to the table? So many Southerners hate the North because they feel there are parasites, please let us know what the North-East and North-West brings to the table? So our Northerners, be factual and logical, remove emotions and sentiments!
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by efisher(m): 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
Agriculture (Livestock, foodstuff), power (dams), solid minerals. I think the north has enormous potentials but their leaders / customs have pulled them back and placed them at a disadvantage. People like Sanusi & El-Rufai should take over d leadership of d north.
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by 79733139(m): 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2012
Majority of the foodstuff are produced in the middle belt (North-Central) and these people do not like being called Northerners. The main Dams are in the middle belt (North Central) Kanji is in minna. Solid minerals are concentrated in the middle belt (North-Central) which is Jos. I do not see the North-West and North-Central in the picture. The only thing I see is the Livestock which is limited to the Nomadic fulanis, North-Easterners and North-Westerners tell us more,

2 Likes

Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Arosa(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2012
Almagiris and boko haram. undecided
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Rgp92: 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2012
Stop asking what the North contributes to Nigeria, ask rather "What can i do to improve Nigeria".
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by gokuu(m): 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2012
They bring BB(beggars/bombs) to the table! And as u know, Nigerians love 'BB'.
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by LogicMind: 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2012
parasites
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by gokuu(m): 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
Rgp92:

Stop asking what the North contributes to Nigeria, ask rather "What can i do to improve Nigeria".
Mr. 'Patriotic'.
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Arosa(m): 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2012
Rgp92:

Nice one! So the question can also be: how can we exploit boko haram and almagiris for the good of the nation. Interesting.
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by chei: 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2012
None that I can think of
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Rgp92: 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2012
chei:

None that I can think of

Then you got a dead brain.

Arosa:

Nice one! So the question can also be: how can we exploit boko haram and almagiris for the good of the nation. Interesting.

Boko haram exist because we allowed it to.
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Arosa(m): 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2012
Rgp92:

True!
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by emmke(m): 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2012
Accommodation for a start grin. It houses a significant % of southerners. That counts for something, i think. undecided
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2012
[quote][/quote]
Core Northerners allowed it to.
Opc for instance,became too much of a nuisance with their illegal 'police' work. Where are they now? Still around but not as effective because they lost popular support!
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by chei: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2012
Rgp92:

Then you got a dead brain.

Why dont you state what they contribute for a start?
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2012
boko haram sympathizer i hope you taste it and see how it feel cool
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
absolutely nothing. they are parasites who cant survive without the south
and nobody should tell me foodstuff water bla bla bla. .   . . its not as if they give it to us for free.we buy it from them.but they get free oil money from us every month.when they had ''peanut'' money, where they dashing it out to anybody outside their region?
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
@OP:
I initially wanted to take you up seriously, however, your username suggested otherwise.
In any case, you may want to refer to the national bureau of statistics for your answer and maybe take a peek at Nigeria's distribution of solid minerals for starters.
While, at it you may also wish to rephrase your question to ask what southerners actually actively contribute to the nations economy so that we can truly appreciate how the north is parasitic to justify your hatred. I am waiting, pls fire on.
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Ikengawo: 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
the whole 'agriculture' as the north's contribution is a total myth.
the South East is actually the most productive state agriculturally and nigerian's main crops for export are Cocoa and Palm Oil
the north does contribute agriculturally, but it's still punching way below it's weight.
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Ikengawo: 9:41pm On Feb 03, 2012
plus everyone else in nigeria is dying in the name of fulani cows, so i wouldn't call lifestock a contribution, it's really more of a national problem.
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2012
Ikengawo:

the whole 'agriculture' as the north's contribution is a total myth.
the South East is actually the most productive state agriculturally and nigerian's main crops for export are Cocoa and Palm Oil
the north does contribute agriculturally, but it's still punching way below it's weight.

So Cocoa is predominantly SE eh? Don't let the Yoruba SW hear you, besides you mean Nigeria's whole agricultural produce is centered around only these two export products? Wow, na so dem teach you for sch. abi? shocked shocked
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Rhino4dm: 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2012
^
Kai rabu mahaukaci. Tabar wewe ya sha.
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by ShangoThor(m): 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2012
This is my issue:

They say they do not want Western Education, and neither do their leaders push or implement policies to educate them. This has been the case since their earliest contact with Westerners.

In Southern Nigeria, it is the Christian Missionaries that originally started to educate people, not the State, (which probably explains why Education is in such the mess as it currently is). After the Civil War, the Northern wannabe Warlords sent all the missionaries packing because they claimed they supported the Biafran Struggle. Furthermore, Northern Leaders fiercely  resisted any attemp by the same missionaries to implement schools and education in Northern Nigeria, and fast forward to today, you can begin to understand where these prevailing attitudes stem from.

But my question is why did Northern Leaders have that attitude, and why is poverty so acceptable to them?

In my opinion, the answer to the above posed question lies in another question, What happened to the huge Slave Population of the Sokoto Caliphate that the British recorded in the late 1800's, and is there any relationship between the emerging Almajiri population of the North and the enslaved people(s) that the British recorded or noted?

Think about the above questions and you will get your answers. This is why I am proud to be a Separatist and believe that the Malfunctioning Nation State cannot be fixed. I know my questions are thought provoking and will be unpopular as Nigerians tend to prefer the Ostrich approach and tend to want to bury their heads in the sand.

Whilst you ponder I've got some additional questions, Is there any such thing as Western Education or are they refering to Scientific method? Aren't the Arabs (along with the Chinese) accredited for formulating Algebra, and if so why aren't Northerners pushing their masses for that kind of education? Last but not the least, was it not the Arabs that the Western world turned to recover the lost Aristotlean texts (works) of Poetics (335 BC) in the Middle Ages?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetics_(Aristotle)

Let's face it, we have got the worst type of Islam being practiced in Northern Nigeria, and that is why nothing fantastic will come out of this fake Nation State. We are all just delaying the inevitable and I want out.

1 Like

Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by chei: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2012
Me_Aboki:

@OP:
I initially wanted to take you up seriously, however, your username suggested otherwise.
In any case, you may want to refer to the national bureau of statistics for your answer and maybe take a peek at Nigeria's distribution of solid minerals for starters.
While, at it you may also wish to rephrase your question to ask what southerners actually actively contribute to the nations economy so that we can truly appreciate how the north is parasitic to justify you hatred. I am waiting, pls fire on.

Let me see. . .
1. First of all, over 90 percent of the federal governments revenue is generated from the south. No oil money also means no good roads in the north, no money to pay your illiterate lawmakers and politicians, no money to fund your boko haram terrorists. .
2. The southerners are more educated (or can I say schooled) and enlightened than the northerners. That means there are more southern medical doctors, engineers, lecturers, teachers, bankers, business men/women etc
3. The southerners control the entertainment industry in Nigeria, which contributes enormously to the national GDP. You abokis are too boring, name one northern super star if you can
4. 99 percent of Nigerians doing the country proud in the international/global stage are all from the south
5, angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by 79733139(m): 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2012
Me_Aboki:

@OP:
While, at it you may also wish to rephrase your question to ask what southerners actually actively contribute to the nations economy so that we can truly appreciate how the north is parasitic to justify your hatred. I am waiting, pls fire on.
@Me_Aboki
You have NOT said anything concrete except trying to turn the question backwards and my Southern brother Chei has replied you perfectly, now Me_Aboki or whatever you call yourself --> GET LOST since you have nothing factual and logical to say!
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by emmke(m): 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2012
chei:

Let me see. . .
1. First of all, over 90 percent of the federal governments revenue is generated from the south. No oil money also means no good roads in the north, no money to pay your illiterate lawmakers and politicians, no money to fund your boko haram terrorists. .
2. The southerners are more educated (or can I say schooled) and enlightened than the northerners. That means there are more southern medical doctors, engineers, lecturers, teachers, bankers, business men/women etc
3. The southerners control the entertainment industry in Nigeria, which contributes enormously to the national GDP. You abokis are too boring, name one northern super star if you can
4. 99 percent of Nigerians doing the country proud in the international/global stage are all from the south
5, angry angry angry

technically, tu face, M I, ICE PRINCE are all northerners and are great entertainers. Without oil money, the north would have easily looked for alternative source of income, which are abound, to "fix the roads". undecided. U might be unaware, but there are quite a significant number of intellectuals in the north at the moment. Why are u angry?
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by chei: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2012
^^
Who dash them north? they are from the middle belt jare! And besides, do the northerners patronize them?
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by Beaf: 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2012
This thread should be in the tribalism section. embarassed
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by emmke(m): 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2012
chei:

^^
Who dash them north? they are from the middle belt jare! And besides, do the northerners patronize them?
so u chose to divide the north (ne, nw, nc) when it helps your analysis and u unite the entire south (se, ss, sw) when it suits u? undecided
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by chei: 11:23pm On Feb 03, 2012
emmke:

so u chose to divide the north (ne, nw, nc) when it helps your analysis and u unite the entire south (se, ss, sw) when it suits u? undecided

OK. Apart from tuface, m.i and ice prince; what else?
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by aljharem(m): 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2012
Beaf:

This thread should be in the tribalism section. embarassed

shut it

was it not you that started the use of the word parasites to describe people angry angry angry angry
Re: What Does The North Contribute To Nigeria by aljharem(m): 11:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
@OP Let me educate you

1. Nigerian's major export are cotton, sugar cane, cowpeas and all of which are ONLY grown in the core north

2. Kaduna state alone generate more revenue than states like ebonyi because of the Large industrial textile companies

3. The only working refienery In Nigeria upto good capacity is in Kaduna becasue of the maintaince culture and non-wasting culture

4. Gold exportation and uranium is only found in Sokoto and no other State apart for 1 in the south

1. Adamawa state alone produces 70 % of all the meat eaten in Nigeria. Even to fast foods

2. Since Nigerians don't [size=13pt]eat[/size] Oil , bitumen, etc Majority of the food eaten in Nigeria are from the core north like kebbi, adamawar, taraba and co

3. Most of ur Nigeria made bread, where do you think the wheat for the flour comes from ? Yes North

4. Lead is been explored and exported in Nigeria today only from bauchi, everyone knows the health implication of lead if rain falls. ( South south people you have done well for Nigeria, I salute you people really and encourage smiley )

5. The military that provides security for Nigeria, where do you think they came from ?

6. Dangote today is the only and one of the largest africa indigenous company today that provides, cement, flour, sugar etc and all other processed goods

I can keep going on and on and on

Please don't be deceived

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Top 21 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Mike Omotosho: A New Sheriff Emerges In Labour Party Leadership / Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.