Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? (134976 Views)

Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / How Genuine Is The NLC Mass And Affordable Housing For Workers / Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 8:57am On Mar 12, 2016
For your reading pleasure...
caveat: lots of lies in the lines.

https://www.thebusinessyear.com/nigeria-2016/not-so-secret-garden/interview
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Missonitemi: 9:28am On Mar 12, 2016
This is beginning to sound personal...

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 10:10am On Mar 12, 2016
Missonitemi:
This is beginning to sound personal...

Yeah, take it easy @eziokwu. The right to buy still reside with buyers.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
Tvegas:

Yeah, take it easy @eziokwu. The right to buy still reside with buyers.

@missionitemi, Not personal but pained at the attitude of Richard and LG towards the subscribers that gave him a soft landing on which he started out well. Think of the death of poor artisans all in the name to maximizing profit. I guess it time to dance to a different music.
"Things have fallen apart" and they will "No longer be at ease".

@ Tvegas, Will you buy or live in any of those 5 storey buildings?

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Missonitemi: 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hmm the already delivered Horizon 1 estate has also been padlocked. Residents can't drive in or out.

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
Missonitemi:
Hmm the already delivered Horizon 1 estate has also been padlocked. Residents can't drive in or out.

Why did they wait this long? Why has nobody been sacked in lasbca for aiding faulty constructions? Bunch of hypochrites.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 8:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
With the kind of grammar in that notice, I now understand why they are substandard in their service. If a general manager cannot take the time to proof read a notice that would be going outside his establishment (maybe they don't know better), then I wonder the quality of graduates in that department.

4 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Missonitemi: 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
[quote author=blank post=43716278]With the kind of grammar in that notice, I now understand why they are substandard in their service. If a general manager cannot take the time to pr :Doof read a notice that would be going outside his establishment (maybe they don't know better), then I wonder the quality of graduates in that department.
[/quote

cheesy] My thoughts exactly. I had to read it a few times to be sure it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Risken: 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
I'm so glad i didn't buy into the madness that is Lekki Gardens Estate! The price was unbelievably attractive. The old me would have damned all the consequences and gone in head first. If not for the intervention of God, restraint, and my own personal person! Now people are dead cos the buildings are structurally unsound. It doesn't leave much confidence for those buildings that are still standing, does it! Oju kokoro, greed, is a motherfucker. I hope the ghosts of the dead torment and haunt all those greedy bastards responsible for the tragedy!!! KMT.. May those who lost their lives in this Richard made tragedy rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by carpenter(m): 7:21am On Mar 14, 2016
Here I am thinking I made some bad investments over the past few years. I wonder what will be going through the minds of a lot of people that bought into these buildings. I hope the government and Richard and his group will be able to remedy buildings that can be remedied and probably take the rest down. May God have mercy on the souls of the departed. Amin

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by babestell(f): 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
Kyandy:
DID WE GET OURSELVES BURNED OR LG BURNT US!!!

I came across this trend two years ago and was very happy to have gone through it, page by page, post by post and actually, I learnt a lot from all that has been placed. It actually made me grow more curious, caused me to do more research and also I had to redirect some investors to other investment properties that were of better investment.

So did you get yourself burned or did LG burn you?

Hi I live in Portharcourt too. what other investment properties are there
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Sammiejo: 8:35am On Mar 15, 2016
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Coldplay007(f): 2:37am On Mar 16, 2016
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by antispexish(m): 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
deife:

You nailed it bro.You are so on point. Richard Nyong, MD CEO of Lekki Gardens needs to clean up his acts. He has a poor relationship with his staff and sacks them at will without paying them off. (You can take this to the bank). The so called buildings are disaster waiting to happen as there are cracks on some buildings due to the fact that he is trying to cut corners. I pray he repents from this ungodly act before the long arm of the law catches up with him.

this post was made last year.

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by antispexish(m): 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
eziokwu2015:

@guardiola,
I will say impressive pictures; but flying a quadcopter with a camera above lekki gardens or Horizons I or II doesn't really move me. It was "alleged" one of these houses on the beach sand collapsed. is it true? is it true that the houses had their roofs removed and an extra floor added? can you tell this honourable forum the truth? You claim these houses are occupied yet I see empty houses. Why are the houses being sold for " buy 2, get one free" OR " buy 3, get a free Range Rover". Who owns the land on which these estates sit? The bank rolled the billions that paid for these properties? Richard Nyong? Tell that to the marines, cos I don't believe it. Again, I have the right to believe what I want; you also have the right to disagree. What about Banana Island apartments? why has it not taken off? what about Ikoyi and the estates on the mainland? Show us those pictures as well via your quadcopter.
I hope that the wind of "change" will blow to lekki gardens and expose the skeletons in the cupboard. Again, you may disagree that there are skeletons in the cupboard; ask Bar Leo.

the wind of change has arrived.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 17, 2016
carpenter:
Here I am thinking I made some bad investments over the past few years. I wonder what will be going through the minds of a lot of people that bought into these buildings. I hope the government and Richard and his group will be able to remedy buildings that can be remedied and probably take the rest down. May God have mercy on the souls of the departed. Amin

I thought I was the only one with that line of thinking.

I'm thankful but I would never have bought into an HOA anyways. Hell will freeze over first before that happens.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 6:18am On Mar 17, 2016
I think ambode's relocation order is too far fetched, where does he want the occupants to go. They should focus the test on the MTU's and leave other structures for now.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by carpenter(m): 6:31am On Mar 17, 2016
Tvegas:
I think ambode's relocation order is too far fetched, where does he want the occupants to go. They should focus the test on the MTU's and leave other structures for now.

They should go anywhere...make dem dey under building which integrity is not trusted?

See, building/buying a house is seen as an investment by most people and government cannot be bailing them out just like the shareholders of the nationalized banks were not bailed out. They should move in with relatives , friends, rent another place.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 8:13am On Mar 17, 2016
carpenter:

They should go anywhere...make dem dey under building which integrity is not trusted?

See, building/buying a house is seen as an investment by most people and government cannot be bailing them out just like the shareholders of the nationalized banks were not bailed out. The should move in with relatives , friends, rent another place.

Actually, from TheGuardian newspaper today, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor clarified his stance. He said it is only those living in the Lekki Gardens around the affected buildings, (The ones that have been marked) that need to move out. And Lekki Gardens should bear the cost of relocating them. That it usually takes 2 weeks to do the integrity tests. Page 5.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by carpenter(m): 9:21am On Mar 17, 2016
blank:

Actually, from TheGuardian newspaper today, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor clarified his stance. He said it is only those living in the Lekki Gardens around the affected buildings, (The ones that have been marked) that need to move out. And Lekki Gardens should bear the cost of relocating them. That it usually takes 2 weeks to do the integrity tests. Page 5.

I agree with this (developer paying for relocation) but even if there isn't anyone to pay, do I need to be told before I move my family out of a building that could be distressed? I don't even have major problems with the 1 storey buildings but everyone in the 5 storey ones should be out if anything the government has issued on the approval of the buildings is true.

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 10:58am On Mar 17, 2016
blank:

Thanks for the clarifications, one can hope all this bad publicity wont affect the valuation of the lekki garden houses in the future. Investors have sunk millions into those projects.

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tvegas:

Thanks for the clarifications, one can hope all this bad publicity wont affect the valuation of the lekki garden houses in the future. Investors have sunk millions into those projects.

Ambode should't throw the baby out with the bathwater... He should punish the developer whilst ensuring that the investors are not consequently penalised. In the long term, 9ja needs to lure in foreign investors which will not be helped if decisions are made punishing errant developers and innocent investors...

In other words, punish Richard but make sure that he upholds his obligations to his investors and ensures the safety of the residents.

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by deife(m): 4:58am On Mar 18, 2016
antispexish:

this post was made last year.
Yes it was, Bro. Too sad my 'prophecy' came to pass.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by antispexish(m): 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
deife:

Yes it was, Bro. Too sad my 'prophecy' came to pass.

came across the thread after the collapse of that building.
So I decided to go back to the beggining and read all.

Was surprised that a lot of people had been talking about this things since 2011.
Was even more surprised that a lot of people had said the structures where not good, its a disaster waiting to happen, its a ponzi scheme etc.

The way I see it, a lot of people will lose their hard earned money forever! .
Lemme make ma own prediction now. That nyong guy will spend years in jail!

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by antispexish(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
SangoCrusader:

Ambode should't throw the baby out with the bathwater... He should punish the developer whilst ensuring that the investors are not consequently penalised. In the long term, 9ja needs to lure in foreign investors which will not be helped if decisions are made punishing errant developers and innocent investors...

In other words, punish Richard but make sure that he upholds his obligations to his investors and ensures the safety of the residents.

I can't see the possibilty of making Richard uphold his responsibilty.
where will he get the Money to do so. Even if he has the money, he would rather us it to secure his freedom or secure his future.
People will lose their investment for sure.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by donijeh: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Tvegas:

Rumours have it that Ambode is coming tomorrow 19/03/2016 to bulldoze 7 estates of Lekki Gardens including Phase 2, a town of 3,000 houses.

Is this the only estate that is not meeting up to the standards? Why can't he sanitize the ghettos where they need Government intervention more?

Na wa oh.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 10:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
donijeh:

Rumours have it that Ambode is coming tomorrow 19/03/2016 to bulldoze 7 estates of Lekki Gardens including Phase 2, a town of 3,000 houses.

Na wa oh.

You've said it's just a rumor. It's hearsay. I doubt if ambode can demolish 3000 houses just like that.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by antispexish(m): 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
Tvegas:

You've said it's just a rumor. It's hearsay. I doubt if ambode can demolish 3000 houses just like that.

What if the houses are faulty, would he leave them like that?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
antispexish:

What if the houses are faulty, would he leave them like that?

Rebound hammer test and other structural integrity tests takes about 2 weeks to conclude . There is no way you can do that on 3000 buildings within 14 days.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by antispexish(m): 11:11am On Mar 19, 2016
Tvegas:

Rebound hammer test and other structural integrity tests takes about 2 weeks to conclude . There is no way you can do that on 3000 buildings within 14 days.
Sir, I did not add a time period or number of buildings, only asked about what ambode should do if those buildings are found to be defective.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Coldplay007(f): 7:47am On Mar 20, 2016
antispexish:

Sir, I did not add a time period or number of buildings, only asked about what ambode should do if those buildings are found to be defective.

Structurally defective buildings have to be demolished bro. Nothing we can do about that. But the owners should still own the land..
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by amanikondo: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2016
Tvegas:

Why did they wait this long? Why has nobody been sacked in lasbca for aiding faulty constructions? Bunch of hypochrites.

Some have been sacked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.