Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. (70337 Views)

The Edos And The Rains / The Edos / The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by naijaking1: 4:45am On Feb 05, 2012
High_Chief:

^^^No sir, I dont but do sometimes. I asked an Onitsha friend of mine why they call other Igbos "nwa Onye Igbo" and that was what he told me.

Yes, the issue of Onitsha people and their descendancy is quite interesting. I mentioned Prince Eweka of Bini and Obi Iweka of Onitsha as having similar names.
Then again, there's clearly a difference between  the Owerri/Umuahia Igbos vs their Awka/Onitsha/Nnewi counterparts vis a viz their likely origins.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Onlytruth(m): 5:09am On Feb 05, 2012
BlackPikiN:

There are communities with little Igbo history. Some Esans share a little bit of Igbo history and share Igbo names too.
Also you have the Igbanke people who share some similarity with the Aniomas of delta.

It's more of 50-50 thing.
I have seen Edo people attached to the people of the SE and also to the SW.
No biggie.

But damn, the topic is really calling for wahala.

The Esans are very Igbo looking in particular. The rest of Edos look Igbo more than Yoruba. Every group in Nigeria knows how to identify Igbo -our complexion and build.
Politically, the Edos are more likely to lean East and Southwards more than they would ever lean Westwards. The Biafran war masks all of that, but we know better!
Papabrowne captured much of this sentiment. cool
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Proxytalk: 5:18am On Feb 05, 2012
this an intereting arguement but i think major cultuers and laguages has a way of influencing minor cultuers they shared border with. igbos influenced old bendel state in areas of culture and language up till the first few towns of edo state after delta. these places shared a lot with igbos like trad title holders atire - bids hand fan, melon cultvtn. and soup, word like oko- meaning a man which igbo okolobia -man. while edos closer to yorubas in ogun state speaks yoruba and have lots in commom
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by emofine2(f): 6:48am On Feb 05, 2012
GAR3TH:

If anything most edo people affiliate themselves with other groups in delta state because historically those groups came from the same Bini empire, hence why they share similar cultures. Culturally speaking, apart from the Oba, both igbos and yorubas don't really share anything cultural with edos.

What of the fine artistry from both the Binis and Yorubas (Ile Ife) . . . I heard there was a link there, no?

GAR3TH:

Its a bit confusing but there are Edo(bini) ethnic group, Edo (state) and Edo (people/speaking groups). The first two are simple to define but the last one, edo people/speaking groups, are people who have cultural, linguistic, ancestral or biological links to the original benin empire. So people who are considered edo(bini) people can be found in other states and speak different language variations, for example the Urhobos in delta can be call edo speaking people. On the other hand Igbos can live in edo state but they aren't necessarily edo (ethnic) or edo( people/speaking groups)

GAR3TH:

You guys do realize that when people refer to edos they are mainly talking about edo people (speaking groups), such as the Bini, Esan, Afemai, Isoko, Urhobo and many other edo groups. In other words what may be true for one edo group may not necessarily be true for other edo groups.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 05, 2012
The Edos have a lot of cultural ties with the Yorubas.
Edos will lean towards the West and not the East.

The average Edo or rather Bini man is wary of the Igbos. tongue
They see them as. . .

1 Like

Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by boles80sg(m): 7:43am On Feb 05, 2012
Some of Auchi speak yoruba. Some of okpe and Auchi pple bear yoruba name
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by stpat1(m): 7:47am On Feb 05, 2012
I wonder why anyone would still be thinking the Edos are more closely tied to the Igbos than the Yorubas when all evidence clearly leads to them originating from the west. Its just the rivers ppl being more closely knitted to the Igbos than the akwa ibom even if they also share border with akwa iboms, they are more close to the Igbos.

I am Edo and I ahve said it times without number and will continue to say it
EDOs have no relationship with the Igbos, the only contact the had was in trade. chikena. No relation to culture, religion, names, kingship system, beliefs, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by stpat1(m): 7:50am On Feb 05, 2012
Not only auchi sef, what of the akoko edos, the okadas, even some part of ishan, I am ishan and my surname is a Bamidele, forget these ple who are clueless, I am not trying to say the Yoruba race or Edo race is superior to the Igbos, I am not just seeing any ties with the Igbos who are so far away from Edos.

1 Like

Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 05, 2012
Onlytruth:

The Esans are very Igbo looking in particular. The rest of Edos look Igbo more than Yoruba. Every group in Nigeria knows how to identify Igbo -our complexion and build.
Politically, the Edos are more likely to lean East and Southwards more than they would ever lean Westwards. The Biafran war masks all of that, but we know better!
Papabrowne captured much of this sentiment.  cool

At times I wonder if, like Beaf, youre also on drugs. Since Ive joined NL, not a sensible post can I point to you ever making. If its not distortion of facts, its out right lies.

You need to find a girl friend to occupy more of your time (Or Boyfriend-------- if thats your preference)

SMH
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by stpat1(m): 8:08am On Feb 05, 2012
lemme give u some similarities in names and other stuffs

Izomo (edo), Ikomo (Yoruba) : the naming ceremony that takes place 7 days after a child's birth.
Omo (edo), Omo (Yoruba): Child
Oba (edo), Oba (Yoruba) : King
Onogie (Edo), Ijoye (Yoruba),: Chief
Wese (Edo), Ese (Yoruba) : Thank You
thats all I can remember for now
Its not surprising that an Edo person finds it very easy to understand the Yoruba language just cos of a lot of words that are similar.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by monex(m): 8:14am On Feb 05, 2012
i am angry when dayokanu calls people retarded vut i have to agree with him. how really can you compare southern nigerians by looks. two benin peeps will not look the same: one could look dark (shey yoruba abi?) while the other looks fair (ibo??)

to original post, you are going to ifnd it difficult to ever prove this. Edo has cultural, linguistic and even political ties with Yoruba more than Igbo. even the urhobo, itsekri and isoko peeps will rather align with the west than the east.

also, when we say Edo, do we mean the Edo as a state or the Edos (Binis)? cos some part of Esan are geographically close to Igbo-speaking areas. e.g. Uromi junction in Agbor leads to some Esan towns. My village used to share farmlands with the people from Onicha-Igbo. also those from etsako are more northern than either eastern or western. so Edo (i mean the state)culture is not necessarily homogenous.

regarding the "Yoruba prince became benin oba or benin prince became yoruba Oba" story, The story is not the same from both sides. for the yorubas, the Edos (Binis then) banished their Ogiso and asked Oranmiyan to give them one of his sons to rule (Oba Eweka 1). for the Edos, the heir apparent whom they banished, OmoOduwa, is whom the yorubas call Oduduwa. therefore it was still their son that came back to them. the Edos and esan people practice strict monarchy (first son rules)
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by lastpage: 8:39am On Feb 05, 2012
I can see that "everyone" is preparing earnestly for the BREAK-UP OF NIGERIA! shocked

People are trying to create "ALLIANCES" even where non exists! grin grin

If you have Crude Oil on your land, TWO THINGS CAN HAPPEN:

1.) You are either courted like a beautiful bride so that your "LOVER TRIBE" can fleece you of the Oil!
Thats is how l see most of this threads where one group tries to "attache-by-force" to another group! grin grin
I am still shaking my head trying to figure out how all the Bini peeps l know, will feel if you tell them they have Igbo Origins! shocked shocked

2.) On the other hand, the more "bigger and more violent" tribe may take your resources with the use of force!
It nearly happened during the Civil War when "Biafra" attacked  Bini kingdom and went as far as Ore town (Ondo State) before being routed back by the Federal Army, even though neither the Binis nor the  Ondos were part of the war!

We have also seen the same "stealthy attache"  on some threads whereby the East thinks the Niger Delta (Ijaws, Urobhos, e.t.c) will be a part of Biafra, in the event of a secession!
Well, maybe or maybe not!

The problem is that most "smaller/minority nations" like Akwa Ibom, who are also blessed with a lot of Crude Oil are very very wary of the Igbos.
Why this is so, l dont want to say here (let everyone do their own investigations! wink wink )

In the long run, l foresee a situation where those minority but highly resource-blessed nations will "form an alliance" with another bigger/major tribe (as against the one they fear most) or even with a foreign power (like Ukraine did with Europe/U.S, to counter the power of the Russian Republic) so as to safe-guard themselves and their resources, from any voracious and stronger neighbor!

ITS ALL POLITICS, BELIEVE ME!

Lastpage!
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2012
Only two of the major tribal groups are the Edos linked to: The Yorubas and the Hausa/Fulani. Those two groups have influenced the Edos to a high degree and you can find similarities in their cultures and way of life. Any Kinship NL Igbos are looking for in that region will start from Asaba, not before.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Sleekjd(f): 9:11am On Feb 05, 2012
See attache oo! It annoys me any time I say I am Edo n d person I'm talkin to says," hee, u r yoruba naa", gawd its so annoyin.

Whatever, I m still a Nigerian for now. Bt wen d time comes, cool
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by OmoTier1(m): 9:18am On Feb 05, 2012
Wetin concern Bini people with the Igbos I am shocked at the dwarfness of the intelligence of a few folks who claimed the Binis are NOT related to the Yorubas culturally! Perhaps they lack a proper education on Bini history.

LET IT BE KNOWN TODAY. BINIS THOUGH REMAIN AN INDEPENDENT, POWERFUL AND PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE, THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON WITH THE IGBOS! RATHER THERE IS SO MUCH THE BINIS HAVE IN COMMON WITH THE YORUBAS.

@beaf,
Abeg dn't compare Binis and those juniors that dot Delta state! If you people like become an annex of Onitsha, that is not the business of the Binis! When you cried foul that your state should be carved out for you, and that your oil was still being used to developed other region, we obliged without firing a gun. But today, there are more deltans living in Edo State for SURVIVAL than there are Binis or Edos in Delta State!
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by ihustler(m): 9:22am On Feb 05, 2012
@ OP i would appreciate ur asking a more intellectual question rather than trying to usurp facts that have historical references. Such display of lack of thought often renders posts enamating from the poster useless. Imagine someone saying the igbos do not look like jews physically hence it cannot be true dat they originated from them.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by tpia5: 9:25am On Feb 05, 2012
^^

how does the thread concern igbos and jews.

and what's your point btw.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by ektbear: 9:35am On Feb 05, 2012
Hehehehe

I am glad that this thread was created, moreover that it was created by an Igbo  cheesy
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by BlackBaron: 9:41am On Feb 05, 2012
The topic was a good one but until the opening line displayed his myopic and ethnic bias.

Same dude on another thread claimed 'no relations' with the Igbos until now.

Can't be bothered to post its statements here anyway.

End of the day, they would probably form an alliance with SS states than yoruba or igbo groups. Then again, I ain't edo and can't speak on their behalf
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by stpat1(m): 9:47am On Feb 05, 2012
Forget these Igbo guys with Low mental faculty, they are always eager to display their illiteracy and unintelligible ability. Where does the jews relate to the Igbos again.
It still does not amaze me that it was an Igbo folk that opened this thread.
I do not mean to demean the amazing abilities of the igbos but sometimes they just makes u wonder if there are no schools but only markets in Igbo land from the way they argue pointlessly sometimes.
No offense meant

1 Like

Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by PhysicsQED(m): 10:28am On Feb 05, 2012
stpat1:

Forget these Igbo guys with Low mental faculty, they are always eager to display their illiteracy and unintelligible ability. Where does the jews relate to the Igbos again.
I do not mean to demean the amazing abilities of the igbos but sometimes they just makes u wonder if there are no schools but only markets in Igbo land from the way they argue pointlessly sometimes.
No offense meant

lol, you're Esan right? A few Esan clans claimed Igbo origins when traditions of origin were originally recorded (check R. E. Bradbury's The Benin Kingdom and the Edo speaking peoples of South-Western Nigeria (1957)).

Your last name may be Bamidele, but it would be ironic if one of your great-great-great-great-great grandfathers was an Igbo man. . . grin grin grin
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by pcicero(m): 10:56am On Feb 05, 2012
@alj-harem
Ibeju Lekki in Lagos, much like Epe is Ijebu speaking.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:04am On Feb 05, 2012
Greetings to brothers & sisters,

I'm from AGBOR in delta state.
We speak Ika:   IGBO
We dress like:    IGBO
We dance like:   IGBO
Music like:          IGBO
Religion Like:     IGBO. (None Moslem)

I think we prefer to Join our Eastern IGBO brothers.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by ACM10: 11:22am On Feb 05, 2012
stpat1:

Forget these Igbo guys with Low mental faculty, they are always eager to display their illiteracy and unintelligible ability.

Ol boy!
You are proud, arrogant and disgusting.

stpat1:

Where does the jews relate to the Igbos again.

Well I wont go into this debate today.
Igbos does circumcision for every male child on the 8th day after birth just like Jews. I think that's a coincidence. I can still point to other similar cultural practices if u want.
BTW, how many tribes does compulsory circumcision in ancient times outside Jews and Igbos. But I'm not arguing that Igbos are Jewish descendants since I have insufficient evidence to back it up. But too many coincidence in the ancient cultural practices between the two tribes is mind-boggling.

stpat1:

No offense meant

I've been following your arguement all along.
Your arguement is that Yorubas share common boundary with Edos and therefore they are more related to Edos than Igbos. Well, at times it doesn't work that way.

Greece shares common boundary with Turkey, but they are not related to Turkey. Turkey is a conqueror tribe that migrated from central Asia of inner Mongolia. Had it been that their history is not well documented. Turkey will rise tomorrow to argue that they are more related to Greece and Armenia because they share common boundary. Ofcourse refresh your knowledge by absorbing the fact that Armenia is more related to Rome than Turkey. Does Rome and Armenia share common boundary?

Afterall Yorubas has co-existed with Edos for many centuries. Why haven't they mixed beyond doubt?

Igbos have co-existed with Ibibios and Ogonis, and if u ever visits those areas, you'll see some undeniable evidence of centuries of relation between the tribes. I'm amazed that many Ogonis and Ibibios can understand Igbo. But how many Yorubas can understand Edo, vice versa. This is not about forced attache. This is just about setting the record straight. It's on record that Awolowo wants Oba of Benin[i](who is the custodian of Edo language)[/i] to attend a crash course in Yoruba language. Why should that be? Why wont Awolowo attend crash course in Edo language? But go to the court of Obong of Calabar. You'll see that a lot of them can speak a simplified Igbo. What does it benefit u by twisting the record inorder to serve your bigoted intention?
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by jude33084(m): 11:34am On Feb 05, 2012
AGBOR-MAN:

Greetings to brothers & sisters,

I'm from AGBOR in delta state.
We speak Ika:   IGBO
We dress like:    IGBO
We dance like:   IGBO
Music like:          IGBO
Religion Like:     IGBO. (None Moslem)

I think we prefer to Join our Eastern IGBO brothers.

, and yet u guys bears edo names like omoruyi, osagie, osawe, ovia, osawaru etc
what xplanation do u hav to giv 4 dat because i knw ika from north-east to ika south bears almost all edo names as their deep root family names.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Jayjey(m): 11:51am On Feb 05, 2012
The summary of the long talk is that Edos are closer to the yorubas geographical, culturally, traditionally and otherwise. The history of the Benin empire cant be told without the mention of yoruba because the very first king of Benin was the son of Oduduwa.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by jude33084(m): 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2012
Jayjey:

The summary of the long talk is that Edos are closer to the yorubas geographical, culturally, traditionally and otherwise. The history of the Benin empire cant be told without the mention of yoruba because the very first king of Benin was the son of Oduduwa.

thank u my guy. A simple question that requires a simple answer has bn made vry difficult by some nairalanders who divertd by sayin igbos r frm d jew. lol.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by ACM10: 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2012
Jayjey:

I'm not arguing otherwise. But I frown at people who base their arguement on geography.
I will be happy if you share the evidence that Yorubas are culturally and traditionally related to Edos. That one for me is more concrete than geography, since many tribes are constantly on the move in ancient times
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by emmatok(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
ACM10:

Ol boy!
You are proud, arrogant and disgusting.

Well I wont go into this debate today.
Igbos does circumcision for every male child on the 8th day after birth just like Jews. I think that's a coincidence. I can still point to other similar cultural practices if u want.
BTW, how many tribes does compulsory circumcision in ancient times outside Jews and Igbos. But I'm not arguing that Igbos are Jewish descendants since I have insufficient evidence to back it up. But too many coincidence in the ancient cultural practices between the two tribes is mind-boggling.

I've been following your arguement all along.
Your arguement is that Yorubas share common boundary with Edos and therefore they are more related to Edos than Igbos. Well, at times it doesn't work that way.

Greece shares common boundary with Turkey, but they are not related to Turkey. Turkey is a conqueror tribe that migrated from central Asia of inner Mongolia. Had it been that their history is not well documented. Turkey will rise tomorrow to argue that they are more related to Greece and Armenia because they share common boundary. Ofcourse refresh your knowledge by absorbing the fact that Armenia is more related to Rome than Turkey. Does Rome and Armenia share common boundary?

Afterall Yorubas has co-existed with Edos for many centuries. Why haven't they mixed beyond doubt?

Igbos have co-existed with Ibibios and Ogonis, and if u ever visits those areas, you'll see some undeniable evidence of centuries of relation between the tribes. I'm amazed that many Ogonis and Ibibios can understand Igbo. But how many Yorubas can understand Edo, vice versa. This is not about forced attache. This is just about setting the record straight. It's on record that Awolowo wants Oba of Benin(who is a custodian of Edo language) to attend a crash course in Yoruba language. Why should that be? Why wont Awolowo attend crash course in Edo language? But go to the court of Obong of Calabar. You'll see that a lot of them can speak a simplified Igbo. What does it benefit u by twisting the record inorder to serve your bigoted intention?

How many Yorubas understand IJEBU AND EGUN.

The Edo people are HETEROGENEOUS(MIX) [/b]that is why find lot of tribes among them e.g the word [b]BENIN is ISEKIRI [/b]and not EDO.

[b]Do you also ask why most Auchi people are Muslims.

Yoruboid is a group of languages composed of Igala, a language spoken in central Nigeria, and the Edekiri group, the members of which are spoken in a band across Togo, Benin and southwestern Nigeria. The name Yoruboid derives from its most widely spoken member, Yoruba, which has more than 20 million speakers. Another well-known Yoruboid language is Itsekiri (Nigeria, 600,00-800,000 speakers). The Yoruboid group is a branch of Defoid, which itself is a branch of the Benue–Congo subfamily of the Niger–Congo language family.
Igala is a key Yoruboid language, spoken by 1.8 million people in the Niger-Benue confluence of central Nigeria, it is excised from the main body of Yoruboid languages to the west by Ebirra and the Edo languages. [/b]Igala is closely related to both Yoruba and Itsekiri languages.
[b]All Yoruboid languages are tonal, with most of them having three level tones.
Grammatically, they are isolating with a subject–object–verb basic word order.
The Itsekiri's are a riverine Yoruboid people who live in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. They maintain a distinct identity separate from other Yoruboid people. Their neighbours are the Urhobos, The Ijaws, and the Mahin Ilaje, a Yoruba clan.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by matetewater: 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2012
if asaba and agbor are ibos them benin is more closer to ibos and have good relationship with them, because the obi of agbor and asaba still pay homage to oba of benin, without the oba of benin, i dont think there will be any coronation of obi. the asaba and agbor chiefs dress like binis chief, they answer same names like iyase. infact i am confuse because binis and yoruba believe in same gods like orumiya sango ogun
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by ACM10: 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2012
emmatok:

How many Yorubas understand IJEBU AND EGUN.

The Edo people are HETEROGENEOUS(MIX) [/b]that is why find lot of tribes among them e.g the word [b]BENIN is ISEKIRI [/b]and not EDO.

[b]Do you also ask why most Auchi people are Muslims.

Yoruboid is a group of languages composed of Igala, a language spoken in central Nigeria, and the Edekiri group, the members of which are spoken in a band across Togo, Benin and southwestern Nigeria. The name Yoruboid derives from its most widely spoken member, Yoruba, which has more than 20 million speakers. Another well-known Yoruboid language is Itsekiri (Nigeria, 600,00-800,000 speakers). The Yoruboid group is a branch of Defoid, which itself is a branch of the Benue–Congo subfamily of the Niger–Congo language family.
Igala is a key Yoruboid language, spoken by 1.8 million people in the Niger-Benue confluence of central Nigeria, it is excised from the main body of Yoruboid languages to the west by Ebirra and the Edo languages. [/b]Igala is closely related to both Yoruba and Itsekiri languages.
[b]All Yoruboid languages are tonal, with most of them having three level tones.
Grammatically, they are isolating with a subject–object–verb basic word order.
The Itsekiri's are a riverine Yoruboid people who live in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. They maintain a distinct identity separate from other Yoruboid people. Their neighbours are the Urhobos, The Ijaws, and the Mahin Ilaje, a Yoruba clan.

I couldn't respond to to Alj_harem on this issue of yoruboid since I was using my phone then.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=sl_dDVctycgC&pg=PA422&lpg=PA422&dq=Ayere-Ahan+yoruba&source=bl&ots=4X2Hb9-ed_&sig=UQT1-yAtYIdMM8os3pqTi8p6wUI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=isQtT7uPA8Wh8gP0qNSWDw&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Ayere-Ahan%20yoruba&f=false

As far as I'm concerned, yoruboid is a neologism.

There is nothing like yoruboid, igboid, hausaoid, fulanoid, ijawoid etc

You crack me up by lumping Igala as part of yoruboid.

When i was growing up in Anambra, I could remember that news were broadcasted in both Igbo and Igala language.

Many people in Igboland can unerstand and speak Igala fluently and the cultural similarity between those two tribes is never in doubt.

That piece should be confined to the trash-bin
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by aljharem(m): 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2012
ekt_bear:

Hehehehe

I am glad that this thread was created, moreover that it was created by an Igbo  cheesy
+100 Hehehehehe

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply)

Human Face In Awube Stream, Benue State (Photos) / Meet Pastor Ivie Emiko - The Wife Of New Olu Of Warri - Pictures / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.