Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West (11590 Views)

Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by chino11(m): 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2012
The former Minister of Petroleum during the administration of General Muhammadu Buhari, Prof. Tam David West has called on the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to resign. In an exclusive interview with SaharaTV, Prof. West said that he plans to conduct a campaign to make sure that Mrs. Okonjo Iweala resigns.

“Mrs. Ngozi Okonji-Iweala is overblown…” the Professor of Virology said, “in British standard what she made in the university was 2nd class. There is nothing special about her. She must resign. She has misled President Jonathan.”

In a sweeping analysis of the Nigerian oil sector, Prof. West declared that “there is nothing like oil subsidy…It is a lie. What Nigeria is subsidizing is corruption.”

The 75-year senior academic painted a horrifying picture of the Nigerian oil industry. “The Nigerian oil is the worst managed in the world,” Prof West said. “It is managed by crooks. They are all crooks.”

He described the mess at the National Assembly investigation of oil subsidy were the Ministers of Petroleum, Finance and the Central Bank officials were giving conflicting figures on how much oil Nigeria uses and imports as a vindication of his assessment of the rut in the oil sector.

In his assessment of President Jonathan’s performance, Prof. West said that, “President Jonathan’s performance is not just despicable, it is disgraceful.” He insinuated that a head of state prostrated in front of his ministers was as good as finished.

As Minister of Mines Power and Steel under General Ibrahim Babangida, Prof. West was relived of his job and sentenced to life in prison for accepting a cup of coffee and a wrist watch from a company. He went to court and was acquitted of any wrong doing. During the interview, he told SaharaTV that State Security Agents broke into his house via the roof and took the watch. “I’m not blood-thirsty,” he said, “but all corrupt politicians must be killed. When you shot a few of them, others will learn a lesson and they will behave.”

Quoting Shehu Musa, Prof. West said that, “In Nigeria, it is not that the officials are corrupt, it is that corruption is official.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-must-resign-%E2%80%93-prof-tam-david-west
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by chino11(m): 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2012
Fro what?

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Beaf: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2012
Tam David West: “Mrs. Ngozi Okonji-Iweala is overblown…” the Professor of Virology said, “in British standard what she made in the university was 2nd class. There is nothing special about her. She must resign."

Pathetic.
Tam David West sounds increasing empty and like he has low self esteem issues. cry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by chino11(m): 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2012
I think the guy is seeking for attention, he has been relegated to the background long time. So he need to kick so hard for him to be noticed.  grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Beaf: 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
chino11:

I think the guy is seeking for attention, he has been relegated to the background long time. So he need to kick so hard for him to be noticed.  grin

I believe he feels he should be the number one Ijaw man, otherwise why is he suddenly so loud and always talking about peoples degree's not being up to his own these days? Instead, he is losing the little respect he still had. Its saddening.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by maddock(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2012
Please before anbody decide to open his dirty mouth to start crucifyin Prof West, go through the post below and tell me if it is not enough reason mass resignation in all of these parastatals. Farouk Lawan: what is Nigeria’s daily fuel consumption?
Diezieni: 52million Liters
NNPC: 35m liters
DPR: 43m liters
PPPRA: 24M liters
Okonjo: 40M liters

Farouk Lawan: What was the subsidy for 2011?
Diezieni: 1.4Trillion
Okonjo: 1.3Trillion
CBN: 1.7Trillion

Farouk Lawan: Can we have the KPMG REPORT?
Okonjo: I have to go through the report first
Diezieni: I have not seen the report

Farouk Lawan: What is the production capacity of our local refineries?’
NNPC: 30%
PPPRA: 20%
DPR: 13%
Diezieni: 15%

Farouk Lawan: Does Nigeria pay subsidy on locally refined Products?
Diezaini: it depends
NNPC: The lay man cannot understand how it’s done
PPPRA: yes
DPR: No

Farouk Lawan: Why is Kerosene still scarce?
Diezieni: Because its use by the aviation industry as aviation fuel
NNPC: Because there is no subsidy so NNPC overstretched its resources
PPPRA: it’s not properly deregulated

Farouk Lawan: what is the balance in the subsidy accounts?
Diezieni: it’s a virtual account
NNPC: There is no account in existence as the lay man will look at it
PPPRA: The account is a technical one
CBN: There is no account with us for subsidy
Okonjo: The account exists but not with a bank.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Ufeolorun(m): 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2012
The emptiness of Okonjo has been exposed by her second coming,I really want to know what she was doing ( her role) at the World bank,seriously.Baba Obasanjo probably saw that shes basically empty and transferred her from Finance to another gloried ministerial position grin.
About 2nd class,School grade sometimes doesn't fully measure people's capacity.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Demdem(m): 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2012
I think i am with Tam David on this. Iweala is overblown even more than she looks. The Professor has nothing to gain. The old man is 75years old and about to die. Events during this fuel subsidy probe has made me to re-consider my stance about if Fuel subsidy exist in the first place.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Demdem(m): 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2012
Ufeolorun:

The emptiness of Okonjo has been exposed by her second coming,I really want to know what she was doing ( her role) at the World bank,seriously.Baba Obasanjo probably saw that shes basically empty and transferred her from Finance to another gloried ministerial position grin.
About 2nd class,School grade sometimes doesn't fully measure people's capacity.

Are u insinuating that she was sucking C*o*ck before getting to the topmost top at the world Bank?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Mogidi: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2012
Bad belle no good.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Ufeolorun(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2012
Demdem:

Are u insinuating that she was sucking C*o*ck before getting to the topmost top at the world Bank?
Olodumore o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy  ,sucking ke ,i 'dint' say that,you said it!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Demdem(m): 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2012
Ufeolorun:

Olodumore o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy  ,sucking ke ,i 'dint' say that,you said it!

Ufeolorun:

The emptiness of Okonjo has been exposed by her second coming,I really want to know what she was doing ( her role) at the World bank,seriously.Baba Obasanjo probably saw that shes basically empty and transferred her from Finance to another gloried ministerial position

Above is the basis for my deductions undecided undecided undecided
U categorically said she is empty.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by executinal(m): 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2012
Bloody attention sicker, TDW go die
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by duni04(m): 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
Beaf:

I believe he feels he should be the number one Ijaw man, otherwise why is he suddenly so loud and always talking about peoples degree's not being up to his own these days? Instead, he is losing the little respect he still had. Its saddening.
LMAO!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by ismhab(m): 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2012
Point of correction, she is not the minister of finance, she is the Prime minister of Nigeria.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Atigba: 4:19pm On Feb 05, 2012
Inpossicant, saying something that is nt possible, if she resign who will take over, Nonsense
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by ggappy: 4:24pm On Feb 05, 2012
the prof. is making a point. After the House probe the man will be vindicated
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Demdem(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2012
Atigba:

Inpossicant, saying something that is nt possible, if she resign who will take over, Nonsense

Out of over 150million citizens, no one again is qualified right? wont be surprised if u are one of those "i voted GEJ and not PDP"
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Funkymallam(m): 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2012
This Prof is begining to sound like a broken record.
I can see envy, during his time he only a cup of coffee n a wrist watch dat sent him to jail cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Demdem(m): 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2012
Funkymallam:

This Prof is begining to sound like a broken record.
I can see envy, during his time he only a cup of coffee n a wrist watch dat sent him to jail cheesy

chino11:

As Minister of Mines Power and Steel under General Ibrahim Babangida, Prof. West was relived of his job and sentenced to life in prison for accepting a cup of coffee and a wrist watch from a company. [b]He went to court and was acquitted of any wrong doing. [/b]During the interview, he told SaharaTV that State Security Agents broke into his house via the roof and took the watch. “I’m not blood-thirsty,” he said, “but all corrupt politicians must be killed. When you shot a few of them, others will learn a lesson and they will behave.”

Quoting Shehu Musa, Prof. West said that, “In Nigeria, it is not that the officials are corrupt, it is that corruption is official.”

End of story. Next accusation please.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by amtheone(m): 4:30pm On Feb 05, 2012
@ismhab
Point of correction, she is not the minister of finance, she is the Prime minister of Nigeria.

Guy u want finish me laff
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by YoursGEJ(m): 4:34pm On Feb 05, 2012
what we call people like him is ewu
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
Yeye and hungry prof in his old age!As if getting first class makes one smarter on the Job
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Ufeolorun(m): 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
Demdem:

Above is the basis for my deductions undecided undecided undecided
U categorically said she is empty.
Go back and listen,read and watch her actions/role and assertions during the subsidy protests.I believe strongly,no accomplished professional would do all she did;flimsy and unsubstantiated excuses,inability to reconcile figures and assertions made.
So relative to what we were made to believe about her,yes she's empty.

Wheres Oby Esekwesili? shes a pro. wink
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Demdem(m): 4:37pm On Feb 05, 2012
Ufeolorun:

Go back and listen,read and watch her actions/role and assertions during the subsidy protests.I believe strongly,no accomplished professional would do all she did;flimsy and unsubstantiated excuses,inability to reconcile figures and assertions made.
So relative to what we were made to believe about her,yes she's empty.

Wheres Oby Esekwesili? shes a pro. wink

I feel u and i strongly agree with u.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by sheyguy: 4:40pm On Feb 05, 2012
Oga Beaf, if i may ask what will the signifiance of the No.1 Ijaw man be?
Okonjo iweala is not even ijaw, besides i dön't see how this issue concerns Uncle Jonathan if that's what u are driving at.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2012
Prof. David West & co are planning some coup, and he is their spokesperson, look @ his msg
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Eltonluigi(m): 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2012
I co-sign the old man and true talk @shehuMusa quote.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Funkymallam(m): 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2012
Demdem:

End of story. Next accusation please.

D same way Bankole was acqitted of any wrong doing. cheesy

Can u give just one of his acievements as two time ministers in two diff parastatals?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by homie22(m): 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2012
A virologist n a historian heading the petroluem ministry n cbn, what dyu expect if not a dumb argument, naija funny sha
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Demdem(m): 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
Funkymallam:

D same way Bankole was acqitted of any wrong doing. cheesy

Unfortunately, i still have some level of faith in the judiciary. Bankole's case is still ongoing and efcc has promised to appeal. Till then he is unfortunately innocent.

Can u give just one of his acievements as two time ministers in two diff parastatals?

Open another thread and lets thrash this out. Out of order here.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
He his making so much sense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Frank Ibezim Emerges APC Candidate For Imo North Senatorial By-Election / Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students / David Smith Establishes Radio Station To Fight Boko Haram Insurgency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.