Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (808935 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LUCAS99: 3:58am On Oct 02, 2018
dustydee:

it could be those types of soap used for good luck, money, wife or husband etc. grin
or it could be bleaching type too, since it is illegal to sell in the UK, may be difficult to find.

grin grin grin

This table you're shaking...

Meanwhile I usually use Irish Spring OR Dove.

They both work perfectly fine.

You should be able to get them from the Grocery Store OR Pharmacy Shop.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LUCAS99: 4:02am On Oct 02, 2018
dustydee:

tell me you have not seen the advert in metro or evening standard before? Even on Gumtree there are plenty of herbalists and fortune tellers.

grin grin grin

So our Brothers have migrated to London?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by dustydee: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2018
LUCAS99:

grin grin grin

So our Brothers have migrated to London?
No just Nigerians even Indians and other nationalities.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2018
dustydee:

tell me you have not seen the advert in metro or evening standard before? Even on Gumtree there are plenty of herbalists and fortune tellers.

True true not seen those ads for a while now, ElHadji from Mali, spiritual healer from Senegal lol
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Adapapaokoye: 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2018
DisGuy:

Try the colourful churches....
i
Send me a mail
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
Adapapaokoye:
i
Send me a mail

undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Adapapaokoye: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2018
DisGuy:

undecided
Mistake.lol
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Adapapaokoye: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
Roland3699:
Is there any one going to the university of the west of England Bristol(UWE)?
I am a student
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Adapapaokoye: 12:20am On Oct 25, 2018
[quote author=jantil post=11423226][/quote]
Can I mail you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by KaBabs1: 4:33am On Dec 12, 2018
KaBabs1:

Cc justwise fizzle spacyzuma nchabuomo guiddoti orofun1
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fizzile(m): 10:23am On Dec 12, 2018
[quote author=KaBabs1 post=73766873][/quote] Any problem bro?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Kenneth10110(m): 1:34am On Dec 13, 2018
Can i join any football academy while studying in London
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 10:25am On Dec 13, 2018
Kenneth10110:
Can i join any football academy while studying in London
I would suggest you ask international staff of your school. since it wasn't stated in your visa, it is assumed secondary to me. You can play football, not like enrolling into another academy, though, you may be luck if home office isn't aware.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2018
Anyone in south wales?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmalexpharm: 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2019
Pls What happened to this thread
It has to start pls i need informations.
Where our Guru's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's kick up again. Sometimes we may not know how a saviour we can be to people with that small good information you think that is nothing. But it can bring live to the person, his family and his generation!!!!!!=

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fizzile(m): 11:56pm On Feb 16, 2019
Emmalexpharm:
Let's kick up again. Sometimes we may not know how a saviour we can be to people with that small good information you think that is nothing. But it can bring live to the person, his family and his generation!!!!!!=
Go ahead please
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by subcbouy: 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2019
Emmalexpharm:
keep it all coming!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by adesbaba: 10:30am On Feb 22, 2019
Yes oo..thread must come alive...where are our U.K Elders...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by subcbouy: 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2019
adesbaba:
Yes oo..thread must come alive...where are our U.K Elders...
yes oo UK hopefuls, go pack your bags, because dem politicians have no plans for you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kuru: 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
Hello People,

Anyone in Manchester? I need info on getting a flat, working distance from the University of Manchester, Oxford Road.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by subcbouy: 9:56pm On Feb 26, 2019
kuru:
Hello People,

Anyone in Manchester? I need info on getting a flat, working distance from the University of Manchester, Oxford Road.

Thanks
Google spareroom.co.UK using uni or near bye post code

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by chucksbadt(m): 7:23am On Mar 10, 2019
Morning house

Anyone in Salford?
What the cost of accommodation there like
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fabgirl22(f): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2019
Anyone in london want to send between £1500-2000 to Nigeria? I have the equivalent in naira in my access bank account, I just need the money in pound, pm if you are interested , we can meet up in London for the exhange. Both will be done by bank transfer. thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:18am On May 01, 2019
fabgirl22:
Anyone in london want to send between £1500-2000 to Nigeria? I have the equivalent in naira in my access bank account, I just need the money in pound, pm if you are interested , we can meet up in London for the exhange. Both will be done by bank transfer. thanks

You can do an international transfer from Nigeria direct to your UK bank account using our service. You pay Naira to us, and you receive pounds in your UK account. We have people paying school fees through us as well, and even depositing their maintenance funds in the UK for the 28days to mitigate currency fluctuations. Checkout the website for more info https://www.ohentpay.com
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LaaJiblik: 12:47am On May 12, 2019
Jjjkkk
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by steric58(m): 12:59am On May 12, 2019
Please is there any registered Nurse here working in UK? Got some questions please.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fabgirl22(f): 2:01pm On May 14, 2019
Has anyone here used ohentpay before?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Sparkles001: 9:11pm On May 29, 2019
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by TallTony75: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2019
Hi great team,

Please is any one going to university of Central Lancashire this September or does anyone have 1bedroom accommodation or share house close to the university?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ocheejemb: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
I am a prophet!

ocheejemb:

I disagree. Long term, say after 2020, Brexit will benefit international students. Short term, the situation is likely to not real change much. Although some employers might become more willing to sponsor good non-EU students now, if they are thinking forward to a post Brexit era.

The UK really does need some immigration, if there will be any economic growth. On one hand, the stoppage of an free inflow of hardworking EU workers means prices of goods and services will rise dramatically, when entitled Brits are the only one who can take these jobs, especially the low skilled ones. For instance, I read about truck drivers somewhere in England who used to earn £16 an hour years ago, but a glut of EU drivers crashed the wage down to £9. If these wages go back up, then prices of goods will have to rise as well.

It will even be worse with high skilled jobs. It has been proven that although Cameron's Govt had been pushing against immigration, without high figures for it, there would be no way that the current population can meet economic targets (budget surplus by 2020). Now that the workforce can't easily come from Europe, it means everyone else now has a fairer chance of getting a work visa. Of course, you still need relevant skills.

I don't think Theresa May was all that hostile towards international students as Home Secretary. She had a impossible directive from her boss; to reduce immigration to the tens of thousands. So, she ensured that many loopholes are blocked. Unfortunately she's also made it tougher for fresh grads to get sponsored. BUT, all in all, immigration has actually risen, despite all her efforts.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Zoey1: 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
You all should invite your friends, for real this thread could be of immense help if we devote time to it, connecting people to jobs etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (213) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.