Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,583 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (808885 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Tochitee(m): 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2021
Pls,can anybody recommend any cost effective school in the UK for masters in automation or any subfield in electrical engineering for a graduate of 2.2 in Nigeria University?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by imoniyi(f): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2021
Iriabay:

Public Health is a lucrative course in the UK. The course is in the UK job shortage list and they are well paid. It's a YES for me

Thank you for a response, I have a bachelor’s degree in public health and I intend to do the same for masters.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LagosismyHome(f): 3:07am On Sep 21, 2021
Iriabay:

Public Health is a lucrative course in the UK. The course is in the UK job shortage list and they are well paid. It's a YES for me

Are you sure about this statement.....
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Iriabay: 10:11am On Sep 21, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Are you sure about this statement.....
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations
100%✓ even a simple Google search can affirm it. It's what I know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Iriabay: 10:13am On Sep 21, 2021
Tochitee:
Pls,can anybody recommend any cost effective school in the UK for masters in automation or any subfield in electrical engineering for a graduate of 2.2 in Nigeria University?
Tell us your budget. Only then can we advise you on which schools to look at.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ilovelearning(m): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
Please can anybody recommend any cost effective school in the UK for masters in data science/business intelligence for a graduate of 2.1 in Nigeria University?

My mom (sponsor), has a budget of N5million naira, can this suffix?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LagosismyHome(f): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
Iriabay:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations
100%✓ even a simple Google search can affirm it. It's what I know

Reality and Website are two separate things but I hear you.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Kimberleyade(f): 7:44am On Sep 22, 2021
Hi
I’m new here and I recently applied to Nottingham Trent University,
Is there anyone here that also applied?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by egembasam: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ireland might suit your budget more and you'd be in the EU as a bonus.
ilovelearning:
Please can anybody recommend any cost effective school in the UK for masters in data science/business intelligence for a graduate of 2.1 in Nigeria University?

My mom (sponsor), has a budget of N5million naira, can this suffix?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by egembasam: 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
Hello I applied to Coventry ,Middlesex, Hertfordshire and Northumbria for MSc Computer Science. I have gotten offers for the first 2. Anyone in these schools care to drop a review?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Yeanqa(f): 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Please can I dm you? I have some questions to ask and I need help as per what next to do. I am a January intake at Leeds. Thanks.

Leeds is a lovely town, the third largest city in the UK hence there abounds a lot of jobs. There are lots of student jobs around, just register at a local job agency when you get here. Warehouse jobs, care assistant jobs are some of the most popular for students. Thank God for lifting of lockdown retail jobs too would be back. You should be able to pay your rent/and upkeep with this. (Even with min wage and working 20 hours/week). I believe by the time you get unconditional admission you will get a discount of 3k, and even possibly up to 4k. You pay a 5k deposit and balance before end of your course. not sure how the placement year works, because there is no placement year for Jan start (maybe thats why we got the massive discount).[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mescanayo(m): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
Please how did you later go about this? Please I need your update
mrkenth:
Hello guys .. please I need information.. I’m presently studying in the uk .. although the study visa is just for me to leave Nigeria... I will love to stay back after my studies .. what’s the best possible route .. because I know getting a job is a bit complicated but not impossible .. I intend bringing my wife via dependant visa.. for me right now I trying to plan ahead .. I really need advice on steps to take from you guys that are already experienced in this ... I will really appreciate... Also I don’t know if working morethan 20hrs will affect my future application because I need to work more to be able to complete my tuition fees.. please advice
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by subcbouy: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
Tochitee:
Glasgow Caledonia university is cheap compared to many schools. Google search about the school.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Yeanqa(f): 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2021
Please anyone going to Leeds Beckett University for the January 2022 intake? Please let's connect.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Kimberleyade(f): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
Yeanqa:
Please anyone going to Leeds Beckett University for the January 2022 intake? Please let's connect.

Did they already give you an offer..
I applied for September 2022, I want to know how long it takes
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Yeanqa(f): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2021
Please can we connect? I've been given admission for January intake at Leeds Beckett. Please mail me yhincha@yahoo.com.
Please anybody in Leeds Beckett University, please lets connect ooo. Please.

Voiz234:

Many thanks for the feedback. I already got 4k discount and I have sent them WAEC scratch card to fulfill the condition of the offer. Hopefully I will get the full payment structure as regards to placement year once the unconditional offer comes in.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by uzoexcel(m): 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
Yeanqa:
Planning to apply there by next week.. Along with other schools
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by uzoexcel(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
Cousin9999:
Some of you might want to consider training as a sterile processing technician. Surprisingly, they make good money. And you can do it as a side job.

ETA: I'm proposing this as a trade to support you while you study and get settled; not a long-term career.
Can one learn the skill in naija here and do u v recommended places where one can learn this skill
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 2Lynx(m): 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2021
Stan999:
Good day guys, I would be needing your candid advice.

. I'm a self taught data analyst of 2 years with working experience in the energy sector and currently in fintech
Thanks in anticipation
Good evening bro, you said something about being a self taught data analyst, I would really need your help on some info, like what and how did you manage to get the required knowledge that helped you master and become even employable, did you maximise the Google data analyst courses on coursera or on other tutorial sites, do you have a certificate aside from your experiences as proof. You can just help me with what I need to know and what you are at liberty to tell me, it would still go a long way really, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by lurlah2014(f): 11:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
Thanks
LagosismyHome:

Both US and UK, some schools allow HND to do master straight. Not all schools but you have some. You might want to look into that
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Captaincool1(m): 10:34am On Sep 25, 2021
good morning please i need website that has good deals for students, eg buying of phones, laptops etc.

Also where can one get cheap warm clothings, in gilliham.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by aragbaboy: 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2021
A friend is arriving in the UK on Monday but has not fully sorted out his accommodation in Birmingham. Anyone in Birmingham who can assist in securing an accommodation for a couple and 2 kids should pls get in touch.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Rerin: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by joshuabless: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
greetings guys. please who is going to Hertfordshire for this September or January 2022. ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Tochitee(m): 4:10am On Sep 26, 2021
Iriabay:

Tell us your budget. Only then can we advise you on which schools to look at.

3m-4million.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Yeanqa(f): 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
A friend is going for this September

joshuabless:
greetings guys. please who is going to Hertfordshire for this September or January 2022. ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Yeanqa(f): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
Yes, I already have an offer. It took a month plus one day before they responded by giving me a conditional offer. Then when I submitted my WAEC result, it took another 2 weeks before an unconditional offer was given.
A friend applied for about a month now, he's yet to hear from them.

Kimberleyade:

Did they already give you an offer..
I applied for September 2022, I want to know how long it takes
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fabulous2019: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
Please house I need your help, am traveling on Tuesday to Swansea in Wales but all the accommodation are saying for one person and it is me and my wife, can we take those accommodation for single student, hope no implication thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Taiw(m): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
Yeanqa:

Let's connect, I got 3 offers with Leeds Beckett inclusive but Unfortunately, I am not choosing the school. We can still connect though
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Funky88: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
Taiw:

Let's connect, I got 3 offers with Leeds Beckett inclusive but Unfortunately, I am not choosing the school. We can still connect though

Please when did you apply?am also waiting for them for offer
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by egembasam: 12:17am On Sep 27, 2021
Since you are already on a PhD it probably have substantial research records, I would advise applying for PhD programs in the US or Canada where there is possibility of full or partial funding with stipends sef
Coolcube:
Please I need the opinion of those living in the UK on this. I would be grateful to find help.

My dream is to be a lecturer here in Nigeria and I am currently on a PhD in one of the federal institutions, but the demands of work as the head of a publishing firm isn't allowing the work to progress as I'ld love. I am therefore considering relocating to the UK with my wife and kid to study for another Masters and then follow up with a PhD. But my fear is that the tuition in UK would kill me. Although the Master's tuition won't be a problem, but to pay around £18,000 every year for PhD might be difficult considering I'll only have 20 hours to work per week. I wish to ask those already in the UK, if it possible to raise that much every year with the support of my wife. My thinking (Correct me if I am wrong) is that a PhD from UK would enhance my career prospect in the UK and any other advanced countries of the world, should I decide to stay back.

I look forward to your opinions.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Coolcube: 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
egembasam:
Since you are already on a PhD it probably have substantial research records, I would advise applying for PhD programs in the US or Canada where there is possibility of full or partial funding with stipends sef

Thanks for this. I have put in a few applications for PhD in USA and hoping to get positive feedbacks. I however have a conditional offer for Cyber Security in the UK and would like to explore that because of the job prospects.

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (213) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.