Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (809346 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Icesnow(f): 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Either leave them in school till 6 and pay for aftershock (3.15 to 6), use a childminder, use a nanny or any other means. The 3 years old can get 30hours but won't start primary until after 4 (for England)

20hours will be too small to survive, depending on how much you are bringing in from naija... but you can work around both schedule. It might mean some nights while the other parent is at home with the child as an example ...
Are 3 years entitled to 30 hours or 15 hours? 8.45- 11.40

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LagosismyHome(f): 4:44am On Dec 17, 2021
Icesnow:
Are 3 years entitled to 30 hours or 15 hours? 8.45- 11.40

England and Scotland do it differently so are you where are you

In England people who have settled status ie ILR, British are eligible for 30hours provided they meet the other criteria ..... the rest such as visa holders are entitled to half which is 15 hours

Scotland I am told, all kids regardless of what visa their parents have are entitled to 30hours but don't quote me on that ...lol. I live in England and that the rule I am more sure about. The Scotland one I read it here

Regarding how that 15hours is calculated it not a set 8.45 to 11.40. Each nursery set time differently so check directly with the school

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ibk5891(m): 6:02am On Dec 17, 2021
Is Birth certificate, compulsory for main applicant?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LagosismyHome(f): 9:19am On Dec 17, 2021
ibk5891:
Is Birth certificate, compulsory for main applicant?

Is the applicant using the parent bank statement?... if yes then yes. If no then no

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Icesnow(f): 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2021
LagosismyHome:

England and Scotland do it differently so are you where are you

In England people who have settled status ie ILR, British are eligible for 30hours provided they meet the other criteria ..... the rest such as visa holders are entitled to half which is 15 hours

Scotland I am told, all kids regardless of what visa their parents have are entitled to 30hours but don't quote me on that ...lol. I live in England and that the rule I am more sure about. The Scotland one I read it here

Regarding how that 15hours is calculated it not a set 8.45 to 11.40. Each nursery set time differently so check directly with the school
Okay. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Princewalexy99: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
Pls fellow pagers, is MA in Education, in UK a very good and lucrative job career?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ibk5891(m): 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Boss I will be coming to Swansea in January, 2022. How can u help me with accommodation?

Its been hard securing a 2bedroom in Swansea. Will appreciate any assistance.
ibkoye@gmail.com.

Donracy:
Hello,
If you are coming to Cardiff or anywhere in Wales and needs assistance in settling in including getting accommodation or any important information just send a dm I’ll be glad to help
Success to all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ibk5891(m): 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
Accommodation Needed

2 bedroom flat is urgently needed in Swansea for a family.

We intend to be in Swansea by 14th January, 2022.

Budget is £600pcm.
Sa1-SA6 is okay with us. Even Llanelli.

We also have a UK guarantor, if needed.

If you know someone that can help pls reach out to me.

Thank yih

Email; ibkoye@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Palmstudy: 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello everyone, I intend registering with HCPC and get job to come over to UK. I studied Biomedical Technology. Can the money I make catter for me to school same time. And how is it is to get job in naija before moving to UK?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Chimdinma1845(f): 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2021
Hi everyone, I want to first appreciate everyone for your efforts in keeping this thread active.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Blessing97(m): 11:41am On Dec 31, 2021
Voiz234:

Many thanks for the feedback. I already got 4k discount and I have sent them WAEC scratch card to fulfill the condition of the offer. Hopefully I will get the full payment structure as regards to placement year once the unconditional offer comes in.

Please what's the payment structure of Leeds Beckett with regards to that extra placement year?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DRscience(f): 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
Hello! Please anyone working with NHS ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Peaceoma: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Hi @Oxristo I sent you an email

Oxristo

Good day, Great minds.

I am considering going for an MSc International Accounting and Finance in the UK.
My first degree was in Accounting (2.1) and I'm already ICAN-certified with a few years of experience.

The challenge now is that the funding isn't available (both from friends and relations) and this has left me with the only option of sourcing loan from one of the international study loan finance companies. The finance company would usually expect repayment to start 6 months after graduation. This is to give room for one to have possibly secured a job with the degree.

1. Is this venture really worthwhile?
2. How easy is it to transit from studies to job opportunities in the Scotland, UK with the current 2 years of PSW visa regime?

Please your contributions would help shape my decision and as such are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Kelechi009: 4:35am On Jan 04, 2022
Please has anyone renewed their passport in the UK recently, how is the process and is there a Fast Track process for those that want it urgently?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Coolcube: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
Please is there anyone on this platform who has a PhD in computer science/information technology or informatics? I would like to make some inquiries. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Favornee23(f): 11:43am On Jan 06, 2022
Please house... what happens if your tuition deposit is refunded while your Visa application is still being processed at the Visa office...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by SijiGbologe1: 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2022
Santa2:

@akanniade samething salford did to me.. Meanwhile I got stress free admission to Leeds Beckett over GBP 4000 less than salford on same course. About rounding up my first semester now and am grateful I went the beckett route(more friendly to my pocket. lol). My advise to prospective student would be to get as must industry relevant skill set as possible. And look at industry relevant internships while studying as this would provide you with experience (even if your school doesn't do placement). I am yet to get an internship but I believe I would get one soon. We moueeve
pls bro am also planning to come to lbu pls wats is ur advice for me ND can I pay my fees in 3instament is there also job opportunity for self funding student
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by SijiGbologe1: 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2022
Pls guru is msc criminology a good course in UK am planning to go for d course

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 2:38am On Jan 07, 2022
SijiGbologe1:
Pls guru is msc criminology a good course in UK am planning to go for d course

What's your background, you may want to consider an alternative
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by tobounty(m): 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
Good day

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Tochitee(m): 1:51am On Jan 09, 2022
Hello guys. Hope your day is going well!

I'm about to start searching for admission in the UK. I gathered that admission is usually slated for January and September. From the look of things now,it's too late for the January admission. So,I'm looking forward to the one slated for September 2022.

Also, I have a degree in electrical &electronics engineering (2.2) over here in Naija, so I'd likely be going for a Masters program in that line. Though I have a not so close relative in Leicester,and getting anything close there will be a plus.so,For people in UK, how's my chances of getting a job with elect&elect. Or can anyone recommend any sought after course one can look at??

Furthermore, how possible is it to be able to pay for my tuition with the "20hrs a week work", cos the pocket is not that strong, just hoping on the working to take care of my bills and every other thing. 

I'd appreciate any response. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by uzoexcel(m): 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2022
Hello house,
Pls does anyone know if there are schools in UK that have resumption sessions between April to June

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by uzoexcel(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2022
Hello house,
Pls does anyone know if there are schools in UK that have resumption sessions between April to June (MSC)

Is anyone in the university of Wolverhampton... What has been your experience so fae

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GoldenAOC: 8:00am On Jan 10, 2022
Please do anyone have experience in hull university, job opportunities and cost of living like. I intend coming with my wife and two kids

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Baaxe28: 9:25am On Jan 10, 2022
Okusi:
Does banking mobile app receipt suffice as evidence for TB test payment?
yes
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Otjempires: 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2022
uzoexcel:
Hello house,
Pls does anyone know if there are schools in UK that have resumption sessions between April to June

Ulster University
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by uzoexcel(m): 5:05am On Jan 12, 2022
Otjempires:

Ulster University
Thank you bro.
I'm specifically looking at an MSC in Artificial intelligence or data science..(April to June session).
Ulster doesn't offer this. Incase u come across any

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Anjey: 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2022
rinzylee:
Just got admission for January 2022, Msc Public health in the University of Sunderland, Sunderland campus. Is anyone on this boat Holla let's sail together.

I am a Nigerian trained physiotherapist and also licensed with the HCPC UK.

How this journey go be?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Anjey: 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2022
Congratulations bro...can you pls help with a sample of ur personal statement.

Thanks[quote author=Anjey post=109340485][/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.