Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (805697 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Viola2017: 12:22am On Apr 13, 2022
tahyorfrosh:

Schooling sure is the easiest, but staying after school is another case. I schooled and it was worth it.

What worked for me after I finished school was to look for roles that I qualify for in companies that sponsor and apply to a lot. I didn't even have to do the post-study because the company sponsored me before I finished. Tailor your CV to fit each application. I specifically looked for remote roles in London because companies tend to pay more in London and I moved to the midlands where the cost of living is way cheap. At the end of the day, you have your stay, collecting competitive pay with little stress. You cut out the cost of traveling and dressing up for the office. The hustle and bustle of London is out. You will have more disposable income and be able to plan your next move.

Getting that job might not be easy but believe me, they exist.

Good luck on your journey.

Please I emailed you kindly respond
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by tahyorfrosh: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2022
Blurpy:
Thanks for the breakdown. What's your field?

Data science

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by CodingSoft: 11:02am On Apr 14, 2022
Chilexeve:
Good morning friends. Please I need advise. I got an offer for two courses from Swansea University:
1. MA Applied Criminal Justice and Criminology
1. MA Developmental and Therapeutic Play.

I'm ready to go for either of them, but I'm considering the job prospects after studies for both courses in Uk.

Please can someone tell me what the job prospects look like for both courses and also I need advise on the one to choose.
Thank you

600 Criminology jobs on LinkedIn and you can see the number of applicants: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=3023599713&geoId=101165590&keywords=criminology&location=United%20Kingdom&sortBy=DD

For "Therapeutic play" not sure about the kind of jobs it will lead to?

Yo can also have a look at all the highly skilled professions the UK Government is looking for: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-occupations-and-codes

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
@All

This is not student visa thread

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bulldaev: 10:21am On Apr 17, 2022
Fellow Nigerians, (in diaspora, UK)

How possible is it to save up your tuition fee balance and still survive if you're working 20hrs a week?

Can you work extra hours without them knowing?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
tahyorfrosh:

Schooling sure is the easiest, but staying after school is another case. I schooled and it was worth it.

What course did you study please?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Ginikachukwunzu: 5:11am On Apr 18, 2022
People of God I need help please ....

My husband is in UK on a student visa ,and he wants me to join him as soon as possible as a dependent. but my problem is I am pregnant and scared if I’ll be denied entry Uk .Aberdeen precisely
My question-
Is it possible to travel to the Uk with pregnancy?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LagosismyHome(f): 10:15am On Apr 18, 2022
Ginikachukwunzu:
People of God I need help please ....
My husband is in UK on a student visa ,and he wants me to join him as soon as possible as a dependent. but my problem is I am pregnant and scared if I’ll be denied entry Uk .Aberdeen precisely
My question-
Is it possible to travel to the Uk with pregnancy?

Except you are almost due and not fit to.fly .... if not, pregnancy is usually fine and doesn't get denied entry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by jesmond3945: 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2022
Evaberry:

York bro
brother any link to accomodation for a student starting september?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by jesmond3945: 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2022
SamReinvented:

Getting refusals on subsequent visa/permit applications in the UK…
how is that possible. When he is not caught?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Jesutofunmifak: 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Any Leeds Beckett student here please
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by jesmond3945: 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2022
pruby:
Good Morning! Everyone. I want to apply to the university of Portsmouth to study msc sports management.

Pls can some tell me the job prospect of this course after studies. Thanks
none
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by shaikjeelan(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
Want to good morning wishes you can get at gmvibes

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (213) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.