Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (808919 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by pruby: 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
jesmond3945:
none

Ah!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peace2007: 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hello Everyone, I really need your help,I currently hold offers from university of Exeter which is post graduate certificate of 1 yr program 7k pounds, while university of Birmingham and Essex are masters, I want to know if I can take my family with me for 1 Yr post graduate certificate,I want my husband to apply for school immediately after my program because he is into Technology, please ur advise will be needed
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by SamReinvented: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
jesmond3945:
how is that possible. When he is not caught?
And what if he gets caught? We all get to make our life decisions - if the tiny risk of facing MMIA with "plenty money" after your studies sounds better than the huge amount of earnings waiting for you, plus a potential UK residency and citizenship... then go ahead. Dem no dey tell person. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by vickydevoka(m): 11:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
tahyorfrosh:

Schooling sure is the easiest, but staying after school is another case. I schooled and it was worth it.

What worked for me after I finished school was to look for roles that I qualify for in companies that sponsor and apply to a lot. I didn't even have to do the post-study because the company sponsored me before I finished. Tailor your CV to fit each application. I specifically looked for remote roles in London because companies tend to pay more in London and I moved to the midlands where the cost of living is way cheap. At the end of the day, you have your stay, collecting competitive pay with little stress. You cut out the cost of traveling and dressing up for the office. The hustle and bustle of London is out. You will have more disposable income and be able to plan your next move.

Getting that job might not be easy but believe me, they exist.
please i am currently studying cyber security i need your advice and guide on how to go about sponsorship. thank you. 0.7.8.6.8.3.1.2.0.9.8 is my uk whatsap number
Good luck on your journey.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Mrskolapo1(f): 12:50pm On May 06, 2022
Highpriest:
I need advice
I got admissions from the University of Hertfordshire and the University of South Wales, I don't know which to choose due to scarce knowledge on them.
I need an area that is favourable to Intl. student working (full/part time).

Any advice?
go for USW I have someone studying there they have cheap and installation plan for their students
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Vintagee: 5:57pm On May 06, 2022
Good evening all, please which is better in terms of job prospects between msc management with logistics and supply chain management and Project management.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Plaitex(f): 12:54am On May 11, 2022
Good morning all.

I have a Bsc Resource management and I would like to move to the UK with my family via Msc study.
Please between Human Resources management and Project management, which has a better prospect in the UK for job placement. Also which states would you recommend for any of the management courses in terms of getting a job while as a student and upon graduation.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emurate1: 9:44pm On May 16, 2022
[quote author=vickydevoka post=112360594][/quote]

Vicky, please which school are you studying Cyber Security at?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by vickydevoka(m): 1:23pm On May 17, 2022
Emurate1:

Vicky, please which school are you studying Cyber Security at?
Bradford
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Kelechi009: 2:00pm On May 17, 2022
Plaitex:
Good morning all.

I have a Bsc Resource management and I would like to move to the UK with my family via Msc study.
Please between Human Resources management and Project management, which has a better prospect in the UK for job placement. Also which states would you recommend for any of the management courses in terms of getting a job while as a student and upon graduation.

Thank you

Create an account on LinkedIn.
Go to jobs section.
Search for Human Resource management jobs in UK
Search for Project management jobs in UK

Count the results or go through each of the job posts if there are jobs you can do.

The number of the job post you see is the direct answer to which one has more prospects in the UK.

The more the job post, the more the opportunities. It means there are more opportunities in that area.

By doing this, you can confirm yourself if a career path has job opportunities, nobody can deceive you.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by livewithpurpose: 9:52am On May 18, 2022
Hello Everyone. Please I'm looking at starting My UK studies in January. Please any recommendations on schools to look at in terms of affordability and the possibility of getting a scholarship; cities where I can easily get jobs. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Plaitex(f): 10:58am On May 20, 2022
Wow. Thank you so much
Kelechi009:

Create an account on LinkedIn.
Go to jobs section.
Search for Human Resource management jobs in UK
Search for Project management jobs in UK

Count the results or go through each of the job posts if there are jobs you can do.

The number of the job post you see is the direct answer to which one has more prospects in the UK.

The more the job post, the more the opportunities. It means there are more opportunities in that area.

By doing this, you can confirm yourself if a career path has job opportunities, nobody can deceive you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Mowills123: 12:34pm On May 20, 2022
vickydevoka:

Bradford

I currently have an offer from bradford for post graduate studies. Is the payment plan flexible? Fees is about £16,700
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by heaven2earth: 4:48pm On May 21, 2022
Good day everyone. I have a name ommison in my degree certificate and nysc (2 names) but my 3 names appear on my passport and other documents. I've being using an affidavit (confirmation of names) so far and I have gotten admission and everything. I'm just worried if the affidavit won't be a problem at the visa stage. Would the affidavit still go through as always? Or is there somthing else I need to add to it or do differently? Please I'd appreciate some advise from experience. Edakun!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by AdetayoBolanle: 10:05pm On May 21, 2022
ibk5891:
Boss I will be coming to Swansea in January, 2022. How can u help me with accommodation?

Its been hard securing a 2bedroom in Swansea. Will appreciate any assistance.
ibkoye@gmail.com.

Please I’m coming in for September intake can you still help
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Ify15(f): 11:34pm On May 21, 2022
Peaceoma:
Hi @Oxristo I sent you an email

Oxristo

Good day, Great minds.

I am considering going for an MSc International Accounting and Finance in the UK.
My first degree was in Accounting (2.1) and I'm already ICAN-certified with a few years of experience.

The challenge now is that the funding isn't available (both from friends and relations) and this has left me with the only option of sourcing loan from one of the international study loan finance companies. The finance company would usually expect repayment to start 6 months after graduation. This is to give room for one to have possibly secured a job with the degree.

1. Is this venture really worthwhile?
2. How easy is it to transit from studies to job opportunities in the Scotland, UK with the current 2 years of PSW visa regime?

Please your contributions would help shape my decision and as such are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.
Please I am interested in knowing about the loan company.I am in the same shoes.I would love to travel too but the finance is not coming forth.Please help me.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Femiadeuyi(m): 7:19am On May 31, 2022
I’m also interested in knowing more about some of these international study loan finance companies! Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Yemoland: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
Victorex001:

What do you think of MSc Project Management in UK?
Got admission in Cardiff Metropolitan University

Did you later go for the course?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by yoged(m): 4:00am On Jun 29, 2022
Please I want to ask which management courses is the best paving way to get a job at the end of Master degree. ? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (213) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.