Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,554 members, 7,801,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (808753 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
koks2000: I got return ticket for 170000 naira.Lufthansa airline with just one hour wait.

Lucky you. Seems tickets are going down now
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
koks2000: I got return ticket for 170000 naira.Lufthansa airline with just one hour wait.

when is the return date?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Wow! Similar thing happened to me. I then blamed myself for alerting them. Only to find that it was someone I know who sent me sum suprise funds. Was lucky I could fall back to lloyds while they carried out their investigation even after I told dem I now know the sender. Lol.
Lucky you wink wink
spikesC:
Lucky you. Seems tickets are going down now
Summer don finish na grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

when is the return date?

Find out from your school when they'll have breaks (which can can take advantage of to travel to Niaja) before you buy your ticket
Even at that, you can always extend your return ticket's initial date for a minimal fee if the selected date doesn't suit you again
Just contact your airline before the due date and they'll tell you how to go about it
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
ochukoccna:
Lucky you wink wink

Summer don finish na grin grin

Na so embarassed
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
spikesC:

Na so embarassed

have been trying to book a return ticket for dec and am not getting below 280k
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

Which airline and date.
As at when i booked, December 20th was the lowest i could get
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
spikesC:

Which airline and date.
As at when i booked, December 20th was the lowest i could get

British airways,Lufthansa,KLM
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 1:26am On Sep 03, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

Like Summer, December is a peak time for airlines undecided undecided
Late November or about 2 weeks into January 2015 will have better rates
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
My people... Please what's the total charge incurred using a GT MasterCard on an ATM for withdrawal in the UK? These yeye people won't do PTA.. and I haven't handled the British pound sterling before to know the difference should I be handed a fake currency note... cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lexusgs430: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
Emmagency: My people... Please what's the total charge incurred using a GT MasterCard on an ATM for withdrawal in the UK? These yeye people won't do PTA.. and I haven't handled the British pound sterling before to know the difference should I be handed a fake currency note... cheesy

Atm withdrawal attracts a charge of about N500.00 per transaction.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Lexusgs430:
Atm withdrawal attracts a charge of about N500.00 per transaction.

N460, i think.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lexusgs430: 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
spikesC:

N460, i think.

I stated about N500.00, because that is generally the figure skye bank deducts from my MasterCard. (500 - 460 =40) Fair margin of error, also considering forex rates.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
Lexusgs430:

I stated about N500.00, because that is generally the figure skye bank deducts from my MasterCard. (500 - 460 =40) Fair margin of error, also considering forex rates.

I wasn't objecting, just giving the correct value.
There is no forex rates on that charge.

You're deducted the equivalent value of that amount, in relation to the current forex rate, and then you're charged an extra 460
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
spikesC:

I wasn't objecting, just giving the correct value.
There is no forex rates on that charge.

You're deducted the equivalent value of that amount, in relation to the current forex rate, and then you're charged an extra 460

Thanks guys... ori yin wan be... Lexusg long time...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by koks2000: 10:38am On Sep 04, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

when is the return date?
my return date is June .
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by koks2000: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2014
ochukoccna:
Like Summer, December is a peak time for airlines undecided undecided
Late November or about 2 weeks into January 2015 will have better rates
put june 2015
it has better rates .lufthansa
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
My oga's in the house, i saw an iberia airline one way ticket for 135k is it okay for me to buy because of these people at the POE? because its just 1 hour stop over in spain
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
Bambamzzzz: My oga's in the house, i saw an iberia airline one way ticket for 135k is it okay for me to buy because of these people at the POE? because its just 1 hour stop over in spain

But I saw air maroc one way for $483. 9hour flight or so.

Plus tax oo and airline charges
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

But I saw air maroc one way for $483. 9hour flight or so.

Plus tax oo and airline charges

I know i can see air maroc for that price but i wlll prefer this iberia if one way is allowed for student
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

I know i can see air maroc for that price but i wlll prefer this iberia if one way is allowed for student

what are talking about?
anybody can book a flight

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
spikesC:

what are talking about?
anybody can book a flight

my question. can i book one way as a student?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

Bros flying Iberia is like flying Molue oo, forget its a Spanish airline. My brother had a horrible experience with them just in May this year, I'll suggest you take Air Maroc since its very cheap so you wouldn't be too disappointed with average service.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Bros flying Iberia is like flying Molue oo, forget its a Spanish airline. My brother had a horrible experience with them just in May this year, I'll suggest you take Air Maroc since its very cheap so you wouldn't be too disappointed with average service.

chai , i don pay through online banking ohhhhh.see me see wahala oh
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

my question. can i book one way as a student?

Yes, if your course duration is 1year plus like people said here.

Why are you booking a one way flight when you said you'll be coming back december
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
But this air maroc sounds too good to be true, and they didn't specify the weight limit for bags!
$483 omo Na Morocco get me

SpikesC what's the limit?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: But this air maroc sounds too good to be true, and they didn't specify the weight limit for bags!
$483 omo Na Morocco get me

SpikesC what's the limit?

Weight limit is 23kg x 2 checking bags and 10kg hand luggage
Don't lose your way in Casablanca oo grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

chai , i don pay through online banking ohhhhh.see me see wahala oh

Oh oh! Let's hope they've acquired new aircraft for that route and improved service sad
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
spikesC:

Umu asa gbalu case ka ebe Aba eme party Na casablanca!!

Thanks for your help bro
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
spikesC:

Umu asa gbalu case ka ebe Ana eme party Na casablanca!!

Thanks for your help bro
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
Umu asa gbalu case ka ebe Ana eme party Na casablanca!!
Thanks for your help bro

Uche gi di there cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by imadebaby: 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
pls wat and wat naija tinz can i carry on BA....and wat quantity

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (213) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.