Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,996 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533217 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 10:56pm On May 23, 2012
life_style:

YOU think Say na 9ja were you dey cut hair for 150 ($1) grin cheesy grin

Lol . . . Or they will just go and sit with the barber and they get free hair cut, Lol

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by rockafela(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . Or they will just go and sit with the barber and they get free hair cut, Lol
Baba fhemmy eh belike say u don comot for naija tay....them nor de take 150 ($1) barb hair again o for my background na 3h oo ($3) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by samdams: 11:54am On May 24, 2012
HELLO EVERYONE , I WILL NEED HELP FROM ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME , I AM TRYING TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM ONLINE AND VALIDATE IT BUT AM STUCK AT ONE POINT , THE QUESTION STATE'S .....THE COST OF MY TUITION FEE WILL BE ? DO I NEED TO PUT THE WHOLE FOUR YRS TUITION FEE? OR 1 YEAR TUITION FEE OR JUST 1 SEMESTER FEES? SECOND QUESTION STATE'S ...FUND AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY IN CANADA ? HOW MUCH IS THE MINIMUM I CAN PUT THERE ? CUZ THE COURSE IS FOR 4 YRS... sad THEN LAST ONE IS ...PREVIOUS COUNTRIES OF RESIDENCE DURING THE FIVE PAST YEARS? DO I NEED TO FILL THAT PART ? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME ..THANKS
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 11:54am On May 24, 2012
@all
Can I begin to apply for fall 2013 start @ this time?...I hope its not too early...Im going for a research based program.
I am applying to University of Manitoba, University of Saskatchewan, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 11:58am On May 24, 2012
@samdam, u only include fee for the first year and not d four years...
Add the program fee for one year plus 10000 for living expenses...amount available for ur program shld be program fee for one year plus 10,000 for living expenses

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by samdams: 12:09pm On May 24, 2012
Thanks alot ,,,...So u mean if my tuition fee is 12k for a year i should put 22k for living expenses?

earthgreeners: @samdam, u only include fee for the first year and not d four years...
Add the program fee for one year plus 10000 for living expenses...amount available for ur program shld be program fee for one year plus 10,000 for living expenses
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2012
Thatz means ur total expense is 22K for the first year and thatz what would be on the form..
..12K(Tuition) + 10K(Living Expenses) = 22K
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by samdams: 12:42pm On May 24, 2012
earthgreeners: Thatz means ur total expense is 22K for the first year and thatz what would be on the form..
..12K(Tuition) + 10K(Living Expenses) = 22K

THANKS YOU ARE MOUTHED .....
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 1:51pm On May 24, 2012
rockafela:
Baba fhemmy eh belike say u don comot for naija tay....them nor de take 150 ($1) barb hair again o for my background na 3h oo ($3) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Honestly, i have no idea how much the cut in Nigeria, cos even while i am there, i cut myself, the last time i was at a barber in Canada was on my wedding day, cos i wanna look cute for my madam . . Lol
I cut my hair and do all my stuff myself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2012
@samdam, keep me posted on ur application

samdams:

THANKS YOU ARE MOUTHED .....
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2012
Are u married to a canadian?....

Fhemmmy:

Honestly, i have no idea how much the cut in Nigeria, cos even while i am there, i cut myself, the last time i was at a barber in Canada was on my wedding day, cos i wanna look cute for my madam . . Lol
I cut my hair and do all my stuff myself.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Noswaa: 2:10pm On May 24, 2012
earthgreeners: Are u married to a canadian?....

Question time
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On May 24, 2012
earthgreeners: Are u married to a canadian?....

That is a broad question, so please break it down . . . Canadian could be born canadian, by naturalization . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Noswaa: 3:09pm On May 24, 2012
Fhemmmy:

That is a broad question, so please break it down . . . Canadian could be born canadian, by naturalization . . . . .

I sent you facebook request for some days now but you are yet to accept me
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On May 24, 2012
Noswaa:
I sent you facebook request for some days now but you are yet to accept me

I have been so busy lately and not been on facebook.
I will surely check it out tonight and accept you for sure . . .
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 12:48am On May 25, 2012
A Canadian by birth or naturalization...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 12:50am On May 25, 2012
@all can I be sponsored be someone who works in a bank and earns 350,000 naira monthly, he also owns a house (uncompleted) and shares....what documents do I need to submit?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 1:00am On May 25, 2012
earthgreeners: A Canadian by birth or naturalization...

Let us leave that kinda question till when we see in Canada . . .
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 1:43am On May 25, 2012
I hear u Boss
Fhemmmy:

Let us leave that kinda question till when we see in Canada . . .
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 1:44am On May 25, 2012
earthgreeners: @all can I be sponsored be someone who works in a bank and earns 350,000 naira monthly, he also owns a house (uncompleted) and shares....what documents do I need to submit?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 2:50pm On May 25, 2012
earthgreeners: I hear u Boss

Only God na Boss oh . . . I am just a tool in His able hands.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 5:27pm On May 25, 2012
Describe Canada in one sentence according to ur experience studying, working and living in canada....
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On May 25, 2012
earthgreeners: Describe Canada in one sentence according to ur experience studying, working and living in canada....

A place where you destiny is in your hands, and you will be who made your hands to make you be . . . wink
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 25, 2012
I can describe Canada in three words: DEFINTELY. NOT. NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by lillaowow(m): 9:21pm On May 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

A place where you destiny is in your hands, [size=15pt][b]and you will be who made your hands to make you be . . . wink[/size][/b]

Sir, i don't understand the bolded part. could you please elaborate?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 12:53am On May 26, 2012
lillaowow:

Sir, i don't understand the bolded part. could you please elaborate?

Lol . . Only means that you will use your own hands to bury you or make u live . . . Just my own way of saying, as you lay your bed, you lie on it . .
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by emmanuelson20: 9:50am On May 27, 2012
Good Morning Everyone, how are u Fhemmmy, am glad u stay in canada, anyway just want u to put me through in terms of studying in canada. Can i get ur facebook name, yahoo id so we can chat privately. Tanx a lot.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bamshy: 10:26am On May 27, 2012
Hello Fhemmmy, Thank You for your advice and based on it, I plan to arrive first week in August. I believe it's still okay to get nice accommodation close to campus. My next question is that I have an offer of a furnished basement accommodation for $600/mth. However, I was told I'll have to take 2 buses to get to Humber college. Do I go for it or I wait till I arrive for possibilty of something better?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 1:01pm On May 28, 2012
@everyone,

Can I use someone who earns 350,000 naira a month as my sponsor, he is my brother and works in a Bank, he also owns a land and certain shares..what are the sponsorship documents I need to submit If he can sponsor me....My mum too has up to 1M in her account and a house in Lagos , can I use her as a second sponsor, she is a trader, what sponsorship document do I need to submit on her side....I also have some step brothers with same surname who owns a company and house in Lagos
My Dad is deceased but he owns 3 houses with which we collect rents....

Do I need to submit my own statement of account, i no get money for account oooooo

I need a list of documents to be submitted in my case.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 2:13pm On May 28, 2012
emmanuelson20: Good Morning Everyone, how are u Fhemmmy, am glad u stay in canada, anyway just want u to put me through in terms of studying in canada. Can i get ur facebook name, yahoo id so we can chat privately. Tanx a lot.

Fhemmy Motos is my id on facebook . . . I am not a yahoo person.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On May 28, 2012
bamshy: Hello Fhemmmy, Thank You for your advice and based on it, I plan to arrive first week in August. I believe it's still okay to get nice accommodation close to campus. My next question is that I have an offer of a furnished basement accommodation for $600/mth. However, I was told I'll have to take 2 buses to get to Humber college. Do I go for it or I wait till I arrive for possibilty of something better?

Personally, i dont think you need it, but such apartment is not too expensive but what will kill the fun is taking 2 buses.
TTC right now is 3$ per trip one way and that is 6$$ both ways, and that assuming that they are both within the Toronto and not that you have to take another regional bus, which will be more expensive.
The time traveled to get to school could be crazy too.
So if you are arriving by 1st week of August, that gives you enough time to get accommodation, however, that being said, for Humber college, it all depends on what campus, cos being in Toronto, might not be too easy to get something close to campus . . .
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bamshy: 5:30pm On May 28, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Personally, i dont think you need it, but such apartment is not too expensive but what will kill the fun is taking 2 buses.
TTC right now is 3$ per trip one way and that is 6$$ both ways, and that assuming that they are both within the Toronto and not that you have to take another regional bus, which will be more expensive.
The time traveled to get to school could be crazy too.
So if you are arriving by 1st week of August, that gives you enough time to get accommodation, however, that being said, for Humber college, it all depends on what campus, cos being in Toronto, might not be too easy to get something close to campus . . .

Thanks Bros. Can you assist in getting accommodation for me? Something cheap and close to campus. We ca
We can work together if it's okay sir. My campus is North campus

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.