Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533270 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ConnectMee: 9:53am On Jan 31, 2019
Any Fanshawe College student here? I am contemplating applying for admission there. Do they offer international students scholarships and can we work enough to offset tuition fees? Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by kerry101: 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
Hello
I was looking through lease form for renting an off campus housing and I noticed a line for guarantors name and address. As an international student, can one put the Name and address of family in Nigeria to serve the purpose. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Kofoworola1: 4:14am On Feb 07, 2019
Emmyirab:
Hello E-family!
So I will be coming to the University of Regina, Saskatchewan by April for the spring semester.
Please, is they anyone here who can help me settle down when I get there?
I would really appreciate.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi, I will also be coming in for spring semester
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Emmyirab(m): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2019
Kofoworola1:

Hi, I will also be coming in for spring semester
Great! I will send you a pm.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by kasyjoe(m): 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
Most of the information yo guys are posting here about studying medicobe in Canada are wrong. Before yo apply for medicine in Canada yo must first complete a four (4) medical preparatory course and then ya grade upon graduation, will determine the school that gonna accept yo. Ion really know where some nairalanders are getting misleading information.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by kasyjoe(m): 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
Most of the information yo guys are posting here about studying medicine in Canada are wrong. Before yo apply for medicine in Canada yo must first complete a four (4) medical preparatory course and then ya grade upon graduation, will determine the school that gonna accept yo. Ion really know where some nairalanders are getting misleading information.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by olamidejohnson: 3:12am On Feb 17, 2019
Hello, can anyone help me on relevant information concerning University of New Brunswick for my fall masters program in Accounting
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Defoma(m): 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2019
olamidejohnson:
Hello, can anyone help me on relevant information concerning University of New Brunswick for my fall masters program in Accounting

This is the schools official website. https://www.unb.ca

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Olajoelle: 12:09am On Mar 03, 2019
Bukella:

thanks, im currently in niagara.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Olajoelle: 12:11am On Mar 03, 2019
Hello, I'm new here..I want to apply to Niagra college but I'm still a little skeptical about the school.. please any body here that goes there with a little insight about the school? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by pweeryambre: 7:49am On Mar 10, 2019
please. anyone in Brandon university here.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Zerilt: 1:46am On Mar 12, 2019
I find that Canada has very good opportunities for students. You can get a part time job and support yourself through studies. You can also apply for internship in many companies, which allows you to get familiar with some job while you are still studying and you also are paid for it

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Ologunsunny: 2:33pm On Mar 13, 2019
Please which school accepts hnd for masters in Canada or allow me to start in 300 level in 4 years BSc? Your answer will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by cychristaa: 11:15am On Mar 22, 2019
Anybody going to U of M or winnipeg generally this spring/summer?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by trishaben: 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2019
Hello. Please is anyone going to Conestoga Doon campus Sept 2019?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Wuyie: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
SundayphilipNic:
hello great minds. please I want to know the possibility of deferment of admission in Canada on the ground of unable to pay tuition fee for the first time ? and can I get work permit to get money to pay tuition fee and start school. I desire to study and live in Canada but I have 1 million naira only at the moment and I know is not enough for visa application and accommodation if I got admission eventually. please I need clarification to enable me take informed decision.

Hi sunday,
I came across a post where you were advised check out NABTEB by @salford1 on the Canadian express entry post.
I want to ask, where you able to go through the route and I would love to email you to ask you more questions
Is sunday.philip37@gmail.com your correct emial?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Sommie2012: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2019
Jenolyfavour:
Please wonderful people, how can one get a PhD scholarship in chemical engineering in Canada?

Am also interested in a scholarship. Do u have any progress report on that yet?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Sommie2012: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2019
sholay2011:

It is true but the 'scholarship' I believe is the IGSES which reduces your tuition fee by half. Also, there is the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship in which the school pays about $500 into your Canadian Bank Account every 2 weeks.

Hello pls, I sent u a PM. Kindly acknowledge. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Sommie2012: 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2019
sholay2011:

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I can only speak for Manitoba, not Prince Edward Island cos I am at the former.

Pls I really need to get some answers concerning Manitoba. I sent u a PM. Plsss
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Bracha: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2019
Hi, please where in Manitoba are you? I'll be going to Brandon in August and need help with accommodation. Do you know anyone there who can help?
Thanks in advance.

sholay2011:

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I can only speak for Manitoba, not Prince Edward Island cos I am at the former.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by drealsahmy(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
Bracha:
Hi, please where in Manitoba are you? I'll be going to Brandon in August and need help with accommodation. Do you know anyone there who can help?
Thanks in advance.

I also want to apply to brandon for bsc computer sci...please what course did you get admitted ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Bracha: 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2019

drealsahmy:

I also want to apply to brandon for bsc computer sci...please what course did you get admitted ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Phaytie(f): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2019
What about a person who already has a degree, health-related from Nigeria, but intends to study medicine in Canada, would he still go through the 4-year preparatory course??

kasyjoe:
Most of the information yo guys are posting here about studying medicine in Canada are wrong. Before yo apply for medicine in Canada yo must first complete a four (4) medical preparatory course and then ya grade upon graduation, will determine the school that gonna accept yo. Ion really know where some nairalanders are getting misleading information.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Miscellaneous(m): 12:40am On May 14, 2019
dogice:

Bro, I totally and honestly agree with you on this because technically speaking, Canada is in recession as we speak. I worked in Alberta for 2 years before moving to Ontario last year. But guess what, Ontario is not doing too bad AT ALL. There are jobs here and I am talking about professional jobs in Engineering and IT. I can confidently say there are professional jobs in Ontario. For example, I convinced my friend in Civil to move from Edmonton to Toronto just 3 months ago and bro, he got at least 3 job offers with numerous interview. Now he has a job in his field. Same thing for me. I started my M.Sc at The U of Toronto in Sept because of the Oil crash but I was able to get a full time professional job and I switched schooling to part time plus work full time now.

One reason is due to the relatively weaker Canadian dollar against the US dollar nowadays, Manufacturing Automotive companies in the US are doing more of their manufacturing here in Canada because they would save more especially when we talk about millions of dollars worth of project, and as Canada is the largest trading partner (country) the US has when you combine import and export. Just like my company, we have a plant in Michigan and most of the job is done in the GTA these days.

But yeah, just like you said, no job is in high demand like the health sector even when the economy is booming.
Please man, I intend doing my masters in civil engineering in Canada. I need some clarification as regards the choice Msc or Meng... I would love to work in an industry or companies after graduation. With this in mind, som persons keep saying I should go for MSc. Is MSc or Meng a factor for employment?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Davidwali360(m): 10:43am On May 14, 2019
Please can a college or a university give me admission in Canada with a CGPA of 3.3 for my whole year of study and 4.1 on my last two years of study
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Bracha: 2:21pm On May 14, 2019
Ask your question here - https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Davidwali360:
Please can a college or a university give me admission in Canada with a CGPA of 3.3 for my whole year of study and 4.1 on my last two years of study
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by eddymav: 7:54am On May 21, 2019
Can IT certifications I get here be valid in Canada? Want to know so I can plan ahead. I am a web developer and I wnna know if I should go for my masters over there immediately or acquire more certifications.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chigo4u: 3:26pm On May 21, 2019
Hello house, I want to apply for admission to a school in Canada, please what region is advisable to seek admission? If possible a region that is not too cold and economically friendly too..

School suggestions will be appreciated too.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Tlontin(m): 6:05pm On May 30, 2019
I’m coming to Canada next month.. pls kindly advice on what I need to bring along and simple tips. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by egekekelvin: 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hello, I'll like to study in Canada and I'm looking for Universities with cheaper Tuition fee in Ontario.
How to get cheap Accommodation, is it advisable to rent outside or reside in Campus .
How do one get Part-time job ?
Which region is Not too cold and also Economical friendly ?

Thanks .

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.