Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Nigerians In Netherlands - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Netherlands (47816 Views)

Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Netherlands Tourist Visa / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Netherlands by 25omega(m): 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2012
I am a Nigerian living in the U.S and i have always thought and fantasied about living and working in Amsterdam or some part of Europe. What's the housing situation like in Amsterdam like price. Also how is the economy? as in for an IT professional. Would i be able to find a job?

Note not going over there to smoke weed or chill with hookers i just feel that it is located in a place that would give me access to the rest of Europe. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by euroboy21(m): 9:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
@246,you are sick for saying that.netherlands is one of the best country in western europe,with very strong economy and low unemployment rate. its well advance and neat. thou its bit expensive to live in,but if you know whats up and legal you will sure enjoy the country.its people like you that was denied dutch visa 100 times that says trash about where you have never been to. so you better get a good job and stop saying rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by omega25red(m): 4:14am On Feb 07, 2012
thanks euroboy21 for the defence against worry246's ignorance anyway any more info?

thanks
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by DisGuy: 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-843712.0.html

2good, said he studied there

And megastu i think lived there previously
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by 25omega(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2012
^^ dude thanks but they were talking about going to school. I am done with school im working in my profession and i just need a change of scenery. i was in London about a year ago and it did nothing for me so i thought about amsterdam.

Anyway i guess a visit wouldn't hurt as supposed to picking up and moving there.
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by DisGuy: 1:39am On Feb 08, 2012
I know they were talking about going to school

but Megastu actually lived there prior to moving to Nigeria, so he might be able to shed more light on living and working there if you can get his attention
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 08, 2012
25omega:

I am a Nigerian living in the U.S and i have always thought and fantasied about living and working in Amsterdam or some part of Europe. What's the housing situation like in Amsterdam like price. Also how is the economy? as in for an IT professional. Would i be able to find a job?

Note not going over there to smoke weed or chill with hookers i just feel that it is located in a place that would give me access to the rest of Europe. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated

Nice idea, also closer to Nigeria.

The flight time from California is a killer.
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by megastu(m): 10:56am On Feb 10, 2012
@O.P,

Amsterdam is a very good place to live and work in, Netherlands indeed. If you like a peaceful life, you would be making a very good decision to live there. Fortunately, I.T professionals are usually in high demand. Transportation is cheap and very convenient. You can even live a healthy life by riding bicycle to and from work.

In my opinion, you should live in the Netherlands. I have been to the U.S and over 16 other countries. The best places of this lot, to me, has been Netherlands and Germany.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by omega25red(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2012
megastu:

@O.P,

Amsterdam is a very good place to live and work in, Netherlands indeed. If you like a peaceful life, you would be making a very good decision to live there. Fortunately, I.T professionals are usually in high demand. Transportation is cheap and very convenient. You can even live a healthy life by riding bicycle to and from work.

In my opinion, you should live in the Netherlands. I have been to the U.S and over 16 other countries. The best places of this lot, to me, has been Netherlands and Germany.
Thank you for your response it is most appreciated. wink
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by chika98: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2012
Do you know anyone in Amsterdam? I'd say visit first for a couple of weeks if you can afford it. Take a look around the city. Perhaps go in and have a chat with some IT recruiting companies. Do some research on the net as well. Obviously you'll need a visa so figure out how to go about that or better yet see if your current place of employment can transfer you to a branch there( if they've got one). That's usually the best way to go about it.
OR just get a work permit yourself then start looking for a job there. Goodluck and keep us posted.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by pdesmond1(m): 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2012
Most of the Universities in Netherlands are offering courses in English and IT more than most of the Universities in Europe and they speak good English as well from my research not experience.
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Sholaf(f): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2012
worry246:

Most Nigerians would sell their mother, father ,sisters & brothers to get a visa to USA !
You want to leave to go to D-RUG & P-ROSTITUTION capital of Europe

You sick in the head boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Living standard in The Netherland is way better than US.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by omega25red(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2012
Thanks all for the response i appreciate it very much
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by pdesmond1(m): 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2012
@Shola,

I Guess you are right because most people i know in the USA are always complaining same as people in the UK.
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by yemmyma: 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
.-
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Sholaf(f): 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2012
p.desmond:

@Shola,

I Guess you are right because most people i know in the USA are always complaining same as people in the UK.

The Netherland's economy is AAA.  For every Euro cent you spend, you get quality service.
The Rail and Road networks are fantastic. Almost every one owns a bike or two.
English is widely spoken.
I believe there are jobs available for all, so long as one in not lazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by pdesmond1(m): 10:54am On Feb 16, 2012
@Shola,

I guess you are living in the Netherlands. If you had seen my previous thread i was talking about Admission in the Netherlands. Please can i get ur email id or should i drop mine for you to add me on messenger? Am seriously intending studying in Netherlands also coz of their student visa advantage as most Universities in the Netherlands process Student Visas for their accepted students. What's your suggestion?
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Sholaf(f): 11:57am On Feb 16, 2012
p.desmond:

@Shola,

I guess you are living in the Netherlands. If you had seen my previous thread i was talking about Admission in the Netherlands. Please can i get ur email id or should i drop mine for you to add me on messenger? Am seriously intending studying in Netherlands also coz of their student visa advantage as most Universities in the Netherlands process Student Visas for their accepted students. What's your suggestion?

Yes I live in The Netherland but schooled in The UK., I am not familiar with the Dutch system.
You can try University College Roosevelt Academy, they assist foreign students with visa applications.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by pdesmond1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Shola,

Can i get your contact so we can chat please,
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Sholaf(f): 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2012
p.desmond:

@Shola,

Can i get your contact so we can chat please,

What do we have to chat about?
PS, I am a married woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by pdesmond1(m): 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2012
@Shola,

Your last statement wasn't nice at all, was i asking you out or living in the same country with you, just wanted more information concerning work, study, e.t.c, i was just giving a Letter of Acceptance into the University in Groningen, Netherlands, please i do need your view on that. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by fili24: 10:11pm On Mar 22, 2012
Netherlands is not cheap at all, believe me
tuition fee in Netherlands is way too high..
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by pdesmond1(m): 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
@fili24,

were are you pleease? What do you think about Netherlands and Denmark firstly in terms of issuing of Student Visa, e.t.c,
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Naijalastborn(m): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2013
My brothers and Sisters in all 12 provinces of the Kingdom of Netherlands, please come in and let's talk about the Dutch language, the social lifes, the Tourism, Work availability, Hang out, and much more.let's Share more With each other.

Mijn familie hoe is het leven met jullie hoop dat alles goed is?
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Naijalastborn(m): 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
This. Thread is long lost... My Dear People in Holland pls Come let have some feest
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by worry359(m): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
Plenty of Nigerians in Amsterdam.
Look for them lurking on street corners in the red light district peddling drugs or waiting to rob tourists.
Plenty working outside s-ex clubs trying to get people inside.
Many others begging outside railway station.
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Naijalastborn(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
worry 359: Plenty of Nigerians in Amsterdam.
Look for them lurking on street corners in the red light district peddling drugs or waiting to rob tourists.
pls what are you trying to say? I don't even get what you are you trying to say
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by kennybuda: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mr Worry on board
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Naijalastborn(m): 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mr. Worry still waiting for your reply?
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by hycode: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2013

You are not completely wrong,though I don't think all of the blacks that do that are Nigerians some are jamaicans... I am in Utrecht University for a short summer program and the Netherlands wasn't really what I expected maybe I have not seen so much bicycles all my life,lol, and It is not a very cheap place in all to live.
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by Naijalastborn(m): 8:55am On Jul 22, 2013
hycode:

You are not completely wrong,though I don't think all of the blacks that do that are Nigerians some are jamaicans... I am in Utrecht University for a short summer program and the Netherlands wasn't really what I expected maybe I have not seen so much bicycles all my life,lol, and It is not a very cheap place in all to live.
oh thumb up don't even mind worry, he's saying what he didn't not even know much about! I was awaiting patiently for him to take this up and show him what I know about Nigerians in Netherlands, Nigerians living in Netherlands are doing we'll than what he's assuming not all Blacks are Nigerians. In refrence to what you are saying @ hycode Amsterdam is a large city in Netherlands in such a large and popular city you will find many bad things happen around there. But moved away from Amsterdam mingles with Africans in Bijlmermeer, Utrecht, even in amsterdam goto to IJburg. You will see Africans are doing well,@worry you can't conclude that because you see blacks in Amsterdam doing dirty jobs that means Nigerians in Netherlands are doing That.... Netherlands is very very Expensive to live as for illegal immgirant what do you expect just imagine?

I am on this Thread to keep it growing and attracts Nigerians in Netherlands to come in and discuss so that other Nigerians who want to come to Netherlands can learn and share more about the knowledge.

@hycode alles goed?
Re: Nigerians In Netherlands by DisGuy: 9:02am On Jul 22, 2013
was in Amsterdam earlier this year, very clean city with lots of places to chill out

expensive? but clean

somehow wish i can go in a summer month

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Best Governed Countries In Africa According To World Economics / Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video! / Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.