Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga (10584 Views)

Naira Depreciates Barely 48 Hours After It Strengthened Against The Dollar / Fuel Importation Will End In 2018 – Aganga / CAC To Publish Nigerian Business Records Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by Misterpaul(m): 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
ose_o:

lets get our facts together. it does NOT cos $600 to register a limited liability company in Nigeria, You probably just overpaid your lawyer or whoever did it for you. Seconly if it takes you 3 months the fault is not from the government its from whoever you hired to register it for you. The longest I have ever heard of was 3 weeks.

I know companies which were registered and operational within 2 weeks. and im talking about companies that are running multimillion Naira outfits. Its all about the lawyers/agents you use. If you use someone reputable it should not take you more than 3 weeks.

If you want the process to be fast what you should do is provide a good number of alternate names when they do the search so you can avoid time wasted on back and forth.
You are very right,
Deep Soul:

Wrong. The cheapest you can get a Limited Liability Company registered for is N60,000. Getting an incorporated trustee registered can also not be done for less than N120,000. It is never done for less than that amount. If it takes three months, it's very much the Govt's fault as they haven't put in place the necessary modalities required for it to be done faster.

Why must I hire a lawyer to conduct a simple name search and register it after approval?

CAC is just about the most frustrating Govt agency I know!!!

Oga o. Stop writing what you dont know nah, Limited liability company should not cost more than N35,000-N40,000 FOR 1Million share capital.And Incorporated trustee should not be more than N50,000-70,000(max.) to finish everything, And normally everything(plus name search) should take like 2weeks,that is if your job was done properly without any QUARY from CAC.
Deep Soul:

^^
Yours was just three?? I gave up to 10 names and I'm not at all exaggerating. CAC kept rejecting them, giving the flimsiest "reasons" ever. Meanwhile these searches are NOT FREE. For each time you search, you pay for it.

And did you really tried to understand and consider those 'flimsiest reasons' they gave you before applyin for the next search? Or you just kept makin same mistake by selectin names that can never scale through.
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by faithin9ja: 12:56am On Feb 08, 2012
@Misterpaul

This is the ignorance we are talking about; other countries are charging people under $100 (N16,000) and less than 24 hours to get a limited liability company, in UK online you can check name availability within 5 minutes free of charge - you try it now online, just google 'companies house UK'

You are arguing that two weeks is ok and one should not spend more than N70,000!!!! we are a poor country charging people more than in richer countries.

It seems you are one of those agents who will be out of work if the Aganga gets his way of 48 hour registration

1 Like

Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by clip: 3:23am On Feb 08, 2012
It will only make the work of agent more easier because information and use of gives Power. Some people do not have the time so the agent can do the job for them and get paid.It is called Service
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by Ournaija: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2012
faithin9ja:

@Misterpaul

This is the ignorance we are talking about; other countries are charging people under $100 (N16,000) and less than 24 hours to get a limited liability company, in UK online you can check name availability within 5 minutes free of charge - you try it now online, just google 'companies house UK'

You are arguing that two weeks is ok and one should not spend more than N70,000!!!! we are a poor country charging people more than in richer countries.

It seems you are one of those agents who will be out of work if the Aganga gets his way of 48 hour registration

You took the word out of my mouth. Imagine a young man encouraging mediocrity.
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by DeepSoul(f): 10:48am On Feb 08, 2012
Misterpaul:

Oga o. Stop writing what you dont know nah, Limited liability company should not cost more than N35,000-N40,000 FOR 1Million share capital.And Incorporated trustee should not be more than N50,000-70,000(max.) to finish everything, And normally everything(plus name search) should take like 2weeks,that is if your job was done properly without any QUARY from CAC.   

I am talking from PERSONAL experience and you are telling me not to write what I don't know. Smh. I registered an Incorporated Trustee for N120k. And you CANNOT do it for less than that amount. I started the process more than 3 months ago and I stilll haven't gotten my certificate!

Misterpaul:

And did you really tried to understand and consider those 'flimsiest reasons' they gave you before applyin for the next search? Or you just kept makin same mistake by selectin names that can never scale through.

I am not dumb and I perfectly understood and considered their reasons and even when I changed the name to suit their reasons, they still rejected it. Eventually, I had to settle for something totally "off" that was no way in line with any reasons given before.

I don't know why this thing is paining you. Or are you one of those 'charge n bail' lawyers who hang around CAC to chop our money? Kpele oh
tongue
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by Misterpaul(m): 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2012
faithin9ja:

@Misterpaul

very funny,abeg o,i no be any agent o.Anyways,am not disputin your arguments.All I did was to give the correct costs of incorporating a biz in nigeria.Am not saying the costs are ok.
@Deep soul, Cool down now.I am not a lawyer,i was just trying to tell you what I know very well as someone who had worked as a staff in CAC before!.Trust me that's the mistake many customers make.I TELL YOU,N120,000 IS WAY TOO MUCH FOR REGISTERING Inc.Trustee.Maybe your lawyer is just 'magaring' you,and you are here blabbing about what you don't know, So the 'kpele o' now goes back to you.
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by tony1980: 4:56am On Feb 18, 2012
This Is How To Register Your Business Name Without Delay.

There’s no doubt that many Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) have had and still have several challenges which debar them successfully from registering their businesses. For many, registering a business name still seems like crossing the Red Sea. But really, it is due to inadequate information as regards to small business name registration.
However, Mr. Appah Amaebi, The Head Consultant, Hostcruise.com an offline and online information marketing outfit, in Lagos and he shares his business name registration experience with us and gives a guide to overcoming pitfalls in registering your own business name.

Hear Him!
Registering your business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) can be an uphill task if you are not properly armed with the right information. The CAC Staff themselves are not helping matters at all. They can be an unnecessary pain in the neck. However, by following these strategies, you can register your business name yourself without the aid of any Lawyer.
These steps will save you money; show you how to avoid delays. Frustration and the need to bribe anybody just to register your business name. In fact, with these strategies, you can register your own business name with less than N10, 000. And this is guaranteed. To do this successfully, follow these steps;

Be Creative With Your Business Name.
Many SMEs usually face tough time getting approval for their business names. This is because they find out that their choice name had already been taken up or has been used by someone else. The implication of name rejection is starting the whole process all over again. My advice is, think up a good and unique business name that is not common. By so doing, you ensure that your business name is available and “Sealed” for you. If you fulfill these criteria. You will have avoided two things.
1. You would have saved yourself the headache of going through the whole registration process all over again after three weeks of waiting.
2. Purchasing of another business name availability forms will be avoided, thereby saving you funds that could have been used for other more important things. Examples of common business names to avoid includes; God’s Grace Store, Divine Ventures etc. Avoid Generic Names like John, Grace, Ade, Peter, Paul etc. in your business name options unless you have a new and creative way of presenting these names.

For More Details, Click On My Facebook Page Below.
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by presegsADESIDA(m): 11:16am On Mar 09, 2012
Has it being legalised?
Let us know! !!
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by KukKonsult(m): 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2012
Nigerians too like grammar. Wetin all these grammar be for now?
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by CVHP: 4:41am On Mar 06, 2013
Can anyone be kind enough to tell me how much to register a Limited Liability Company would cost.
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by VolvoS60(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2013
faithin9ja: Please has anyone spent less than N80,000 in the last two years to register a limited liability company in Nigeria?
Is it possible to register a limited liability company in Nigeria without using a lawyer or agent?
Is it possible to register a limited liability company in Nigeria without somebody physically going to Abuja?

Please third world countries like Nigeria still operate the way our colonial masters left us 50years ago, we enjoy doing everything in triplicate, etc for no reason coz we don't even have good records despite the tonnes of paperwork.

The guy advertising on this thread,a beg how much and how long to register a Ltd company?

^^^^We should keep threads like this one open to hold public servants and the federal government accountable.

I have no idea where Segun Aganga is at the moment. What I do know is that his talk about 48 hr company registration has turned out to be nothing more than a lot of hot air. This is March 2013, over 12 months after Aganga's empty promises and the CAC is still NOT able (in some cases) to register companies within 48 DAYS!

Nigerans and interested foreigners cannot get a fixed fee for company registration at the CAC because of the systemic corruption that runs through the veins of that agency's officials. The fees change like a weather forecast. angry angry with the add-ons disappearing into the blackholed pockets of CAC staff and their collaborators/agents. Which serious country toys with something as fundamental as business registration? angry angry

It is NOT possible to register a limited liability company in Nigeria at the moment without using the services of a lawyer, chartered accountant or chartered secretary. The current CAC Registrar-General, Bello Mahmud is obviously cut from the same cloth as segun aganga - both men are fond of hot air and empty promises. The CAC website (as at 7th March 2013) states that: "Registration of Limited liability Companies can now be processed directly by the first Directors/Subscribers to Memorandum and Articles of Association similar to what obtains in the case of Business Names and Incorporated Trustees".

Ladies and gentlemen, I can assure you that the above statement on the CAC website is FALSE. Directors/Subscribers CANNOT directly process registration of limited liability companies. And I know this because I was in the CAC Yaba zonal office 3 days ago to register a limited liability company. I was told in very clear terms that the information on the CAC website is nonsense and that the services of a lawyer/chartered accountant/chartered secretary would still be required.

The GEJ administration and previous PDP governments talk a lot about private sector driven-growth but cannot do the most basic things to make it happen. All they do is TALK!!!

1 Like

Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by Danoe(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
andyanders: @faithin9ja

You said the right thing. The Nigeria  government sucks. They cannot encourage individuals to grow.Rather they take pleasure in seeing your downfall.

One day I saw at Ikeja, near LGA council where a young man with one hand who invented a manually operated hand made Tipper truck, Caterpillar truck and other small manually operated vehicles, and people gathered and were watching the guy displaying what he invented, people were amazed but  nobody can help him stand or give him soft loan to empower him to expand his knowledge and establish to create employment for Nigerians.It is sad.
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by payme(m): 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
D
ochukoccna:

Thank you for voicing exactly what I went through with a name search undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
And to think after 4-5 weeks of badgering the lawyer, I was told the 3 names I gave him could not be registered shocked shocked shocked shocked
True talk! Many people have come to me with the same complaint of how Lawyers dribble them. Its funny when I see lawyers lining up at corporate affairs and ask for our assistance in pushing jobs
Well save yourself the trouble! I register businesses for people fast and cheap! 60k for ltd and 25' for bizname
More info, reach me on 07068871340, 08067124340, 08051480265
Call me up and let's get started
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by payme(m): 9:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
CVHP: Can anyone be kind enough to tell me how much to register a Limited Liability Company would cost.
I help register ltd @ 60,000. Without stress or delay
07068871340, 08067124340
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by payme(m): 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
Deep Soul:

Wrong. The cheapest you can get a Limited Liability Company registered for is N60,000. Getting an incorporated trustee registered can also not be done for less than N120,000. It is never done for less than that amount. If it takes three months, it's very much the Govt's fault as they haven't put in place the necessary modalities required for it to be done faster.

Why must I hire a lawyer to conduct a simple name search and register it after approval?

CAC is just about the most frustrating Govt agency I know!!!
True but there are people that can make it less stressful.I do business names at 25 and ltds at 60 so gimme a call or send a mail
08067124340, 07068871340
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by klax(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
Dis Guy:

True

I can see some lawyers kicking against this  grin
any new initiative that transfers power from 'professionals' to ordinary citizens is usually met with a barrage of professional jargon!

I hope they move into the property market too, process of getting land documents should be as easy as buying a book on amazon

God bless you bros. Let them carry on protesting to waste their time. Any good thing or good move made to correct the wrong some animals in human flesh must stand against it. To be honest I still dont know why CAC make it a big deal out of just registering a business bros if you go to CAC they are so arogant and so useless everybody their has power and use it at will. In so many civilized country with as little as $100 or lesser to register business but in my own country to register a business is like going to clear vehicle in Apapa Wharf talk to yo rudely, very arogant, want people to be at their mercy.

Let the Minister stand on his word and do as he has said it would go a long way for the labour market.

1 Like

Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by payme(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
Deep Soul:
^^
Yours was just three?? I gave up to 10 names and I'm not at all exaggerating. CAC kept rejecting them, giving the flimsiest "reasons" ever. Meanwhile these searches are NOT FREE. For each time you search, you pay for it.

It is well oº°˚˚ ...Things are getting better now.There are somethings to consider whenbuilding a name...If its unique, it will be accepted. And when u get someone good to handle it, it'l come out in due time. I av registered some that took weeks before it came out but most of them were done in 2days.
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by DisGuy: 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
faithin9ja: Please has anyone spent less than N80,000 in the last two years to register a limited liability company in Nigeria?
Is it possible to register a limited liability company in Nigeria without using a lawyer or agent?
Is it possible to register a limited liability company in Nigeria without somebody physically going to Abuja?

Please third world countries like Nigeria still operate the way our colonial masters left us 50years ago, we enjoy doing everything in triplicate, etc for no reason coz we don't even have good records despite the tonnes of paperwork.

The guy advertising on this thread,a beg how much and how long to register a Ltd company?

Any improvement?

Any recent experience ?

48hours or still 48days + ?
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by payme(m): 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Dis Guy:

Any improvement?

Any recent experience ?

48hours or still 48days + ?

Well, for me, its 14days without having to pay extra for an express job! Simply remains 60k for ltd and 25k for enterprise.
Ma numbers are 08067124340, 07068871340. Mail to tmagicng@yahoo.com
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by Consultville(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2013
Talking from experience......
I really wish this 48hrs thing is possible, the good-sad news is that CAC is improving in terms of service delivery but 48hrs registration is still in their ICT "pipeline"
Re: CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga by disc20: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2013
For current procedures on how to register your business in Nigerian, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/how-to-register-your-business-in.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Intervention loans: Companies Declare Huge Profits / I Need Quotation For These Ginger & Garlic / Best Brand For Top Freezer And Fridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.