Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Sms/pc App - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Sms/pc App (571 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sms/pc App by bug24(m): 10:53am On Feb 07, 2012
sup guyz.
i need some info on how to go about this project.

straight to da point:

i need to develop an App that works by individuals sending an sms from their phones to a certain number and a PC (APP) receives this sms, analysis it and processes the information contained in the sms.

u guyz would understand that i wont wanna divulge full info abt the project but lets have this info for example. A reality tv show, people are supposed to send sms to vote.

going via Short Code Service doesnt make sense (cost-wise) cos the revenue sharing is crazy (i think efcc needs to look into dat sh*t). so is it possible to set this up such a way dat a phone number is dedicated to the pc with the app running on it such that once the msg is sent, it reflects on the pc immediately and the pc processes.

i know this has got something to do with 2-way SMS but, guyz, i nid proper clarification. but what i would not wanna listen to is, HEY BUG, GO AND DO SHORT CODE. wink

expect to hear ur advice. Thanks yall.
Re: Sms/pc App by bug24(m): 11:54am On Feb 08, 2012
imagine, is it this bad? this place isnt hw it used to be. the webmaster section is fizzling out. so no one can advice on this post ehn?

yawa, omnipotens, slyrox, dual core, dhtml, where una dey?
na wah o
Re: Sms/pc App by digidragonfly: 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hey

my name is Sandeep owner of the agency Digi Dragonfly, we are an established web agency in London but recently launched out Nigerian site www.itcompaniesnigeria.com

the project you are mentioning can be done, the user would text and the hub would be a pc/laptop via an application where you could view the messages, its like sending an email from your phone and checking it on your PC, am i on the right lines?

I would be more than happy to discuss the project further and even sign a Non Disclosure Agreement protect the privacy of your project, drop me an email

sayhello@itcompaniesnigeria.com

Best wishes

Sandeep

(1) (Reply)

Beats Dre Headphones / Naija Comedy and Celebrity Blog / Technology Gon Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.