Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" (2114 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / The Christ Embassy Policy That's Tearing Families Apart / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
The lexeme God, is not a name in itself for the larger than life being, creator and essence to whom we refer or address rather it is a nominal description of a category or class of being like we have "man" which describes "humans" as a class of being. So in the same way "man" doesn't refer to the name of a person likewise "God" isn't the name of person.
God is Spirit but His name is not "God" rather God is a discription of His person.
New International Version (©1984 ) John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must
worship in spirit and in truth. "
Now in John 1:1-4 we granted an amazing expose
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. Here we are granted an amazing insight into the revelation of the person of God, The Word the bible is God the preceeding verses of scripture refered to the Word using the pronoun "Him" thus implying that "the Word" isn't a thing but rather a person. Consequently, there is only one person in scripture who best fits this description and His name is Jesus "the Christ". The Christ because there are others who go by that name
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2012
The Word is God and His name is Jesus who is the Christ
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by crossman9(m): 11:22pm On Feb 07, 2012
you are right bless you grin there is the father son holy spirit all are one
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Sweetnecta: 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2012
@Aletheia, Olaadegbu, Frosbel, etc.

See. Up there.

Some christian guy is bold. He give us the name of christian God, finally. He said he is Jesus.

So the God son is Jesus who died on the cross in the hands of Jews.
Also the God father is Jesus who sits on the throne in heaven, waiting for you.
Finally, the God ghost is Jesus who got Mary pregnant for an on behalf of God father to produce God son.

So when Jesus died on the cross by hanging and nailing and spearing, they all died.

This is what your man, the op is saying. Talk to him and I am just deducing from the thread title. You dont have to read the content to get this

I am sure i will get more supporting evidence if I read the piece.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by numo86(m): 10:18am On Feb 08, 2012
@OP, john1:1 tells us that the word(Jesus christ) was with another God in the beginning,
Who was that God
U'v clearly identified that d word accordin to the kjv & many translations is Jesus which was God,
But what is d name of d God the christ was with?,
Was Jesus with himself?,
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Chuksxp: 11:32am On Feb 08, 2012
@numo86

Jesus was with His Father.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Judek2(m): 11:49am On Feb 08, 2012
Sweetnecta:

See. Up there.

Some christian guy is bold. He give us the name of christian God, finally. He said he is Jesus.

Finally, the God ghost is Jesus who got Mary pregnant for an on behalf of God father to produce God son.

So when Jesus died on the cross by hanging and nailing and spearing, they all died.

This is what your man, the op is saying. Talk to him and I am just deducing from the thread title. You dont have to read the content to get this

God can express himself in many ways. smiley
Remember Melchizedek.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Judek2(m): 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2012
Jesus Christ is a typical representation of the Supreme in flesh, to show the world that he, God, can stoop low to the extent of dying in the hands of his creations,to save us from eternal damnation,and pride of life. .That shows the humble nature of God.

What Love is greater than that?

Its obvious that the term GOD has been a much concern to all forms of religion.expecially the Christian God,and Muslim God. But their natures are different.

I'd rather call my God, Christ Jesus, than a confusion of other deities that claim the same name.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by numo86(m): 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2012
Judek2:

Jesus Christ is a typical representation of the Supreme in flesh, to show the world that he, God, can stoop low to the extent of dying in the hands of his creations,to save us from eternal damnation,and pride of life. .That shows the humble nature of God.

What Love is greater than that?

Its obvious that the term GOD has been a much concern to all forms of religion.expecially the Christian God,and Muslim God. But their natures are different.

I'd rather call my God, Christ Jesus, than a confusion of other deities that claim the same name.

where  did  u  keep  Yahweh??in  the  dust  bin?, ,
Didnt u read in d bible that almighty God can never be a man?, that no 1 can see him & yet live??, is Yahweh ur God or his son Yehshua(Jesus)?, because Jesus is Gods only begotten son, am i saying the truth?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Biox: 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2012
A man can't be separated from his word,
So in the beginning was the word,aNd the word was with God and the word was God. And there's more the word of God is God.and if his word became flesh that means that flesh is him, and if that flesh bears the name Jesus then the name of God is Jesus.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by nedostic: 3:28pm On Feb 08, 2012
@Poster, please educate us more on this. This to me would be the key to unlocking some of the so called puzzles in the Bible.

No wonder the apostles did baptize people in the name of Jesus Christ! I am yet to fully grasp with this because Jesus Christ instructed in the Bible to baptize in the name of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.

I am yet to find out in the Bible where the apostles or disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ did baptize in the name of Father,Son and Holy Spirit.

Please elucidate. Its an amazing topic for discuss.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2012
numo86:

@OP, john1:1 tells us that the word(Jesus christ) was with another God in the beginning,
Who was that God
U'v clearly identified that d word accordin to the kjv & many translations is Jesus which was God,
But what is d name of d God the christ was with?,
Was Jesus with himself?,

Chuksxp:

@numo86

Jesus was with His Father.
There is no record that Jesus was with the Father or in heaven prior to His first advent, rather what we find is that in the biginning it The Father, The Spirit and the Word and it is significant that we understand this but you see these lexemes; God, Holy Spirit, and The Word all are not names but a discription of personalities but like we read in John 1 where "The WORD" BECOME flesh note not "JESUS" BECAME FLESH because there was no Jesus as at yet "JESUS" only existed in prophecy. The angel Gabriel appeared and spoke these words to the virgin Mary (Luke 1:31)
"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS"
Now 1 Timothy 3:16
"And without controversy great is the
mystery of godliness: God was manifest
in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of
angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world, received up
into glory"
Isn't amazingly explicit that GOD WAS MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH and bear in what we read in John 1 the Word who is God was made flesh now this "GOD THAT WAS MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH WAS NOW GIVEN A NAME ACCORDING TO PROPHECIES AND MORE RECENTLY FROM THE ANGEL NOT THAT HE ALREADY HAD THE NAME OR EXISTED AS A PERSON SEPRATE FROM THE FATHER REMEMBER TRINITY IN LIKE MANNER YOU CANNOT SEPARATE YOUR SPIRIT, SOUL QND BODY AS FAR AS THIS REALITY IS CONCERN, ANYONE WHO SEES YOU IN THE FLESH WOULD BE CRAZY TO REQUEST TO SEE YOUR SPIRIT OR SOUL SEPARATELY.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2012
nedostic:

@Poster, please educate us more on this. This to me would be the key to unlocking some of the so called puzzles in the Bible.

No wonder the apostles did baptize people in the name of Jesus Christ! I am yet to fully grasp with this because Jesus Christ instructed in the Bible to baptize in the name of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.

I am yet to find out in the Bible where the apostles or disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ did baptize in the name of Father,Son and Holy Spirit.

Please elucidate. Its an amazing topic for discuss.
Thank you.
l Likewise am yet to find in the scriptures any stance where the apostles baptized people in the name of the Father, The Son and The Spirit. The big questions many have failed to ask is WHAT THEN IS THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE SPIRIT.
Well the answer is scattered althrough scriptures
for starters we know the name of the Son- Jesus who is the Christ. l don't think anyone would disagree with that inference. Then Jesus spoke at numerous instances how that Himself and "The Father" are oneas well as the Spirit so to baptize in the name of the Father, the son and the Spirit is more or less a an empty pronouncement because the question would still pop up WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE NAME OF THE SON AND THE NAME OF THE SPIRIT
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Chuksxp: 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2012
newmi:

There is no record that Jesus was with the Father or in heaven prior to His first advent, rather what we find is that in the biginning it The Father, The Spirit and the Word and it is significant that we understand this but you see these lexemes; God, Holy Spirit, and The Word all are not names but a discription of personalities but like we read in John 1 where "The WORD" BECOME flesh note not "JESUS" BECAME FLESH because there was no Jesus as at yet "JESUS" only existed in prophecy. The angel Gabriel appeared and spoke these words to the virgin Mary (Luke 1:31)
"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS"
into glory"
Isn't amazingly explicit that GOD WAS MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH and bear in what we read in John 1 the Word who is God was made flesh now this "GOD THAT WAS MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH WAS NOW GIVEN A NAME ACCORDING TO PROPHECIES AND MORE RECENTLY FROM THE ANGEL NOT THAT HE ALREADY HAD THE NAME OR EXISTED AS A PERSON SEPRATE FROM THE FATHER REMEMBER TRINITY IN LIKE MANNER YOU CANNOT SEPARATE YOUR SPIRIT, SOUL QND BODY AS FAR AS THIS REALITY IS CONCERN, ANYONE WHO SEES YOU IN THE FLESH WOULD BE CRAZY TO REQUEST TO SEE YOUR SPIRIT OR SOUL SEPARATELY.

Honestly speaking, I don't know what the purpose of this thread is.

Anyway, you're right, there's no record of Jesus being with the Father. But that's because His name wasn't always Jesus. His name has always been the WORD.

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the WORD of God. - Revelation 19:13

In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God,  - John 1:1

He was given the name Jesus when He became a man.

Btw, are you oneness pentecostal?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by DeepSight(m): 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Judek2(m): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2012
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

The prophesies described him as a sign of God. Through the virgin birth, he was Begotten. Begotten means being as one of the same being Or kind.

mattew 1:23"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."

God dwelt with us in flesh. He made his Word flesh. So, men shall hear his voice not from the prophets,or by thunder storms,weirly wind of from the clouds, But directly as he promised Moses,and other prophets.

God is a spirit, no eye can see him in his spiritual form. But he made himself manifested in flesh.

[Isaiah 9:6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

This prophesy shows a clear evidence of Christ being the Mighty God and the everlasting father.
When he was begotten through the holy Spirit, he took a human form, then existed as a human being, separeted from the spirit as a seperate Person, but the oneness still in tact.
Remember,Jesus said, "I and my Father are one". I am in my father,and my father is in me"
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2012
Deep Sight:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I weep with You too.

Its really sad when you see these Over excitement in these hypocrites. No wonder they are the laughing stock of the rest.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Chuksxp: 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2012
Judek2:

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

The prophesies described him as a sign of God. Through the virgin birth, he was Begotten. Begotten means being as one of the same being Or kind.

mattew 1:23"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."

God dwelt with us in flesh. He made his Word flesh. So, men shall hear his voice not from the prophets,or by thunder storms,weirly wind of from the clouds, But directly as he promised Moses,and other prophets.

God is a spirit, no eye can see him in his spiritual form. But he made himself manifested in flesh.

[Isaiah 9:6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

This prophesy shows a clear evidence of Christ being the Mighty God and the everlasting father.
When he was begotten through the holy Spirit, he took a human form, then existed as a human being, separeted from the spirit as a seperate Person, but the oneness still in tact.
Remember,Jesus said, "I and my Father are one". I am in my father,and my father is in me"

Matthew 3:16, 17 - As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water.At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

So, when he was being baptized, he quickly transformed into the spirit and descended upon Himself. Then transformed into the father and said to himself "This is my son, "
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by numo86(m): 12:40am On Feb 09, 2012
newmi:

into glory"

Hav u ever tried checking 1 timothy 3:16 from other translations to know that the king james u quoted from wrote that verse from his trinity thoughtshe copied that exactly from d latin vulgate gotten from d catholics not from d original greek manuscript, so just stop quoting that verse, God almighty didnt come in human flesh ,rather Jesus his only begotten son came in human flesh,
no 1 can see almighty God & live, God can never & will never appear as a man, a lesser personage can,but not Yahweh,
You asked if a word can be made seperate from an individual, right,
The problem with trinitarians is that they feel that Gods literal utterances are Jesus, they forget that wen Jesus is called the "word" it means Jesus is Gods spokes man or representative since we can never see God, & that spokes man is what Jesus was when he came to earth, he made many know about Yahweh more & more,
Now for u to know Yahweh is distinct from his son Jesus i'l ask u 1 good question,
When Jesus was baptised ,a voice was heard from heaven "approving Jesus as son",
Jesus was on earth as a man,but Gods voice was still heard,
Yahweh still had his voice intact while Jesus was on earth, Yahweh still could utter words from his mouth while his figurative word(Jesus his spokes man) was on earth, ,, the day y'all acknowledge Jesus is a different person from his Father (Yahweh) then many things will get a lil easier,
If Jesus is d Father & @ d same time d son & holy spirit,then it means all went to hell & none was present in heaven, & it will mean all the while d messiah was talked about in d prophetic books ,it was Jesus who was sending himself,
Please read isaiah 53:1-12 and see where Jesus was called Yahwehs servant b4 he was sent to d earth, the truth is if Jesus is your God where did u keep Yahweh, since u wanna go with names & not titles, then tell me where u dumped Yahweh, ?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 09, 2012
Chuksxp:

Matthew 3:16, 17 - As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water.At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

So, when he was being baptized, he quickly transformed into the spirit and descended upon Himself. Then transformed into the father and said to himself "This is my son, "

numo86:

Hav u ever tried checking 1 timothy 3:16 from other translations to know that the king james u quoted from wrote that verse from his trinity thoughtshe copied that exactly from d latin vulgate gotten from d catholics not from d original greek manuscript, so just stop quoting that verse, God almighty didnt come in human flesh ,rather Jesus his only begotten son came in human flesh,
no 1 can see almighty God & live, God can never & will never appear as a man, a lesser personage can,but not Yahweh,
You asked if a word can be made seperate from an individual, right,
The problem with trinitarians is that they feel that Gods literal utterances are Jesus, they forget that wen Jesus is called the "word" it means Jesus is Gods spokes man or representative since we can never see God, & that spokes man is what Jesus was when he came to earth, he made many know about Yahweh more & more,
Now for u to know Yahweh is distinct from his son Jesus i'l ask u 1 good question,
When Jesus was baptised ,a voice was heard from heaven "approving Jesus as son",
Jesus was on earth as a man,but Gods voice was still heard,
Yahweh still had his voice intact while Jesus was on earth, Yahweh still could utter words from his mouth while his figurative word(Jesus his spokes man) was on earth, ,, the day y'all acknowledge Jesus is a different person from his Father (Yahweh) then many things will get a lil easier,
If Jesus is d Father & @ d same time d son & holy spirit,then it means all went to hell & none was present in heaven, & it will mean all the while d messiah was talked about in d prophetic books ,it was Jesus who was sending himself,
Please read isaiah 53:1-12 and see where Jesus was called Yahwehs servant b4 he was sent to d earth, the truth is if Jesus is your God where did u keep Yahweh, since u wanna go with names & not titles, then tell me where u dumped Yahweh, ?

@newmi,joagbaje, and other hypocrites

are you reading whats up there?

I bet they will never read it but will be quick to provide a counter argument out of their selfishness and sinful nature.

I dont know why these christ embassy people are so over excited up to the point of twisting every thing that comes their way.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
Sweetnecta:

See. Up there.

Let's start by cracking this code. wink

Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Joagbaje(m): 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2012
@newmi,
I agree God is not a name . But he has a name don't he? Is Yahweh not his name ?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Joagbaje
l stand to be corrected yes yaweh is His name as we find out especially in most of the old testament writings which also contains several other covenant names that He revealed Himself at different times but in this new dispensation does He answer to these names especially when one put in perspective the scripture that says ", God has exalted His word above all His names. . ." and we understand that the Word made flesh bears the name- Jesus so the point is that He answers to the name of His Word.
Thanks
Psalms 138:2
"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name"
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 2:32am On Feb 10, 2012
Joagbaje:

@newmi,
I agree God is not a name.
ok that means we on same the page. My point is basically that God as a
means of reference to the Almighty is not His name rather a description of being and nature and it sounds somewhat distance in terms of relationship but when one recognizes that He can get more personal at that point he or she make conscious effort to know and understand this God on a mire intimate perspective.
God answers to the name of Jesus
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Judek2(m): 7:40am On Feb 10, 2012
Chuksxp:

This passage is also used explicitely to explain the trinity.

(1) there is the Person of "Jesus Christ," the Son of God, baptized
in Jordan, elsewhere declared to be equal with God, [John 10:30].
(2) the Holy Spirit descending in a bodily form upon the Saviour. The Holy Spirit is also equal with the Father, or is also God, [Acts 5:3-4.]
(3) the Father, addressing the Son, and declaring that He was well pleased with him.

You can see the Holy spirit descended like a dove, took the form of a dove.

The word of God which was heard through the old Prophets as prophesies,which the old prophets represented as the word was now in Person. When the word became flesh,He spoke by himself and not through Prophets.

The voice of God which was heard from heaven in the burning bush, on mount. Olive and etc. The same voice was heard during the baptism.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by numo86(m): 7:54am On Feb 10, 2012
@newmi, when d bible says God(Yahweh) exalted Jesus above every other person or that God(Yahweh) has given Jesus a name that is above every other name,does that include d person who exalted Jesus?
I want u to read 1 corinthians 15:27 & 28 ,
U'l find out that no matter how Jesus Christ is exalted above every other person,given all power & authority above every other person it is always in exception of the person(Yahweh) who gives jesus such privelege & authority, the greatest name ever in the whole universe still remains Yahweh, that person Yahweh is whom Jesus still worships as we speak(revelation 1:5 & 6), that name Yahweh still remains intact, when Yahweh revealed that name to moses,he said that name will last forever, many humans have tried to hide & discard that name thru out history but we are happy that name is still been known today, Jesus came to sanctify that name & we should today, Jesus used that name through out his ministry on earth, even Jesus's name is connected to that name "Yahweh" meaning Yahweh is salvation, so forever Yahweh remains,
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by numo86(m): 8:10am On Feb 10, 2012
@judek, from ur analogy,becos i know the bible i hold will never think this way(lol),you are saying that a dove is equal to the God i worshipi thought d holy spirit was a real person, abi
Why is it appearing as a dove then later sometime as fire, d only time d holy spirit had to appear bodily it came as a dove,
Are those qualities of a real person, ur explanation to what happened to Jesus on d day of his baptism just doesnt click with d bible, Jesus himself wuldnt give that explanation, that passage does not support trinity 1 bit, rather it counters the trinity dogma clearly,
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Chuksxp: 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2012
numo86:

@judek, from ur analogy,becos i know the bible i hold will never think this way(lol),you are saying that a dove is equal to the God i worshipi thought d holy spirit was a real person, abi
Why is it appearing as a dove then later sometime as fire, d only time d holy spirit had to appear bodily it came as a dove,
Are those qualities of a real person, ur explanation to what happened to Jesus on d day of his baptism just doesnt click with d bible, Jesus himself wuldnt give that explanation, that passage does not support trinity 1 bit, rather it counters the trinity dogma clearly,

Sorry, but Judek's post makes perfect sense.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by numo86(m): 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2012
@chucks, just explain how??,
I asked if a dove could be equal to d God i worship, can u answer that
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Chuksxp: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2012
The bible says ", he saw the Spirit of God descending LIKE a dove." It doesn't say the Holy Spirit is a dove. It says He descended LIKE a dove. That's called simile.

Just because the Holy Spirit may have taken the form of a dove doesn't mean He's a dove. For example, there're several places we see the word of God being referred to as a double edged sword, hammer, fire, etc It doesn't mean the word is actually a physical hammer or sword, etc.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Sweetnecta: 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2012
@Olaadegbu: If you think your illiterate thinking diagram of Yahweh, Holy Ghost and Jesus is God instead of are Gods, you need to open your mind up, for the very first time.

You said Jesus the son is God, but he is not Holy Ghost who is also God and neither is Yahweh the father WHO is also God.

How many Gods are there, if you can simply know the difference between addition and subtraction of whole numbers?

If you have so many Gods and 1 one them died, will you not have less Gods than you had before death took one of them?

If they are all equal to 1 God, when death took one of them will you not have less than 1 God, or is the one dead not important enough to make a dent on the 1 God, still?

You will die in your ignorance, if you refuse to think. I am certain satan has gotten hold of your brain.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Sweetnecta: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
@Chucksxp: « #29 on: Today at 02:42:15 PM »
[Quote]The bible says ", he saw the Spirit of God descending LIKE a dove." It doesn't say the Holy Spirit is a dove. It says He descended LIKE a dove. That's called simile.[/Quote]Please remember the simile when you answer the below.

[Quote]Just because the Holy Spirit may have taken the form of a dove doesn't mean He's a dove. For example, there're several places we see the word of God being referred to as a double edged sword, hammer, fire, etc [/b]It [b]doesn't mean the word is actually a physical hammer or sword, etc.[/Quote]So explain to me if the simile is not in play when the word is said to have become God and the word is God. Are there not more than 1 God in this case, if the word is truly God, rather than spoken by God?
Finally, if the SPIRIT of God descended like a dove, what is the spirit of God really, if it not simply a simile like word of God being a double edged sword, or hammer, or fire, etc or became flesh? Is there anytime the "word of God became flesh and word of God is double edged sword or hammer or fire or others in the etc happen to be present at the same time? If there was, what happened to the word of God really, if the word of God is actually God? Will you not have more than 1 God and even more than 1 word of God?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Something Cuts Her Body At Night.advise Pls. / Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You / TB Joshua’s Eldest Daughter Speaks About Her Father (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.