Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. (9125 Views)

My Neighbour Has Been Crying Since Thursday, Then I Decided To Help Him(photo) / Man Sues Wife For Being Ugly, Wins Lawsuit / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Switup: 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2012
KILLZ ARE HERE SERIOUSLY IF U ARE SHOW FACE ABEGI. I NEVER KNEW U'RE MA BRO IN SOM WAYANYWHO HAW U DEY NAW
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by oyinkaa(m): 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2012
White bold5 for sale, call me on, 07030520337 if you are interested, vry clean wit full accessories
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Temi231(f): 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2012
~Killz~:

Simple matter! Never ever disrespect your mother. You dey hear me so? Look here. If she don arrange the girl, accept say you go assess am. Never you make her believe you will marry the girl. Then if true true you no like the girl, FIND a fault with her. Any fault will do. But it's on record that you "obeyed" your mother. When you don find fault, approach your mama with the fault and use reverse psychology on her. e.g. Tell your mama say you no want girl wey go disrespect am, as your mama wey she be. Once she knows you have her interest at heart, you've won her over! wink
OMG!!!! i love this. Nice advise dude
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2012
Swit up:

KILLZ ARE HERE SERIOUSLY IF U ARE SHOW FACE ABEGI. I NEVER KNEW U'RE MA BRO IN SOM WAYANYWHO HAW U DEY NAW
Yes i am. How are you? smiley
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
Temi 23:

OMG!!!! i love this. Nice advise dude
Thanks man!
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Switup: 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2012
~Killz~:

Yes i am. How are you? smiley
cooooouuuuul.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2012
Swit up:

cooooouuuuul.
Mail me sometime. . . We need to catch up! smiley
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by dozymars(m): 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hello Everyone, I am a living experience to this matter. My mother insisted on getting a wife for me, though i was in a relationship but wasn't convinced it will lead to marriage. So i accepted my mum's moves and fortunately i loved the lady she got and now we are married with a child.

Few weeks after our marriage my parents always try to exert their control over my marriage, dictating to us on what should happen in the marriage which we tried resisting and this caused a lot of rift, hatred, bitterness and quarrel towards myself and my wife up till this moment of nearly 3yrs of marriage.

So my advice to the poster, you have to be very careful with this because it can bring division in the family which i am experiencing now. Talk to your mum and convince her that u can get a wife of your own but if by chance you get to love your mum's candidate then let your mum know she should take the blame for any eventual disagreement between you and the family that may arise during the marriage because your mum will try to exert her control especially if she resides in the same town with you.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Switup: 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2012
hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, lilly i meant really
~Killz~:

Mail me sometime. . . We need to catch up! smiley
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 5:19pm On Feb 08, 2012
Swit up:

hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, lilly i meant really
Yeah really! It's only natural dont you think?
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by sinie: 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2012
@ op, your mother trying to find a wife for you is not completely a bad idea! You already said you have a lot of friends but have not made up your mind which to settle with! Just see it as the way you won't mind meeting a girl through a friend, as long as she understands if you don't like her she ll back off! You might be surprised through your mom you can meet an ideal woman! I had an ex who to me had a terrible attitude and I used to wonder how he could live in the same house with a woman. He left me for a girl his mother introduced to him! Today though they are not married she is heavily pregnant for him and been a dutiful lil wife to him( something I would NEVER had done). The fact is moms know their sons more than their GF claim to and In a lot of instances a mother knows the kind of girl that will make their sons happy! Don't completely dismiss the idea, just keep an open mind about it and make her understand that she should not force anyone youdont like on you! Shikena!
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Switup: 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2012
~Killz~:

Yeah really! It's only natural dont you think?
weeeellll dot dot dot *slight thinking*  no qualms then.
Anywho i wan logout ooo; 'gossip' sorry 'gist' with u lara
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by deniyor: 5:57pm On Feb 08, 2012
"What one is not going to eat, one should not even smell it"
It's best to stop the mum in her tracks and put her in her place as soon as possible. I disagree with sexkillz here - Do Not Play Along.
When you play along, the next thing is she tries to force you into marrying the girl she has chosen. After marriage, she tries to control your marriage. It gets to a point, you do not even feel your life is yours anymore. You can be rest assured your mom will try choosing a lady she can control or have quite a bit of influence on.

Don't even consider falling in love with such girl or agreeing to it. It's a time bomb waiting to explode later in future.

This is the time to call the shots and hv a talk with your mom. With as much respect as you can muster, Tell her you will choose your wife - whoever she turns out to be. If she interferes, you may not even get married and just keep living your life or you cut her from your future family. It won't mean you don't love her but you want your freedom and privacy. That should keep her at bay well enough for you to find a wife.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2012
deniyor:

"What one is not going to eat, one should not even smell it"
It's best to stop the mum in her tracks and put her in her place as soon as possible. I disagree with sexkillz here -  Do Not Play Along.
When you play along, the next thing is she tries to force you into marrying the girl she has chosen. After marriage, she tries to control your marriage. It gets to a point, you do not even feel your life is yours anymore. You can be rest assured your mom will try choosing a lady she can control or have quite a bit of influence on.

Don't even consider falling in love with such girl or agreeing to it. It's a time bomb waiting to explode later in future.

This is the time to call the shots and hv a talk with your mom.  With as much respect as you can muster, Tell her you will choose your wife - whoever she turns out to be. If she interferes, you may not even get married and just keep living your life or you cut her from your future family. It won't mean you don't love her but you want your freedom and privacy. That should keep her at bay well enough for you to find a wife.
Unless you are a robot, NO ONE forces you to do anything. If you marry the girl your mom chose, that's because you wanted to. You could have as well said no, but you said yes. Mums only make suggestions, it's left for you to choose! No forcing! BTW, the advise i gave was on how to be balanced! Stopping your mom in her tracks will start a war and your solution is[b] "If she interferes, you may not even get married and just keep living your life or you cut her from your future family."[/b]

You are man enough to stop your mom in her tracks, but you are not man enough to get married? Cut your mom from your future family, because she suggested a wife for you? I'm complicatedly obfuscated!

What if both parents are in support of finding you a wife? Cut them both off?
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by deniyor: 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2012
You think only robots are pressured in marriage or wrong patners? C'mon son!!!
Even considering a woman your mama chose is only the beginning of the influence she will attempt to wield over you. If you can say no to whoever she 'suggests', you might as well say no to it before it even starts.

Getting married has nothing to do with being man enough. It could be a life choice or it can be a case of not hving found what you are looking for.
A man who can not put his mother in her place has no right to get married. How will such man be a head of his home when his mom and wife have disagreement? or when they gang up against him in pressuring him in other family matters?

Sexkillz, your advice is too dangerous to be followed. And it makes more enemies outside your family than is necessary.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Tosinville(m): 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
Deniyor, u dey make sense, i owe u two crates of star.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2012
deniyor:

You think only robots are pressured in marriage or wrong patners? C'mon son!!!
Even considering a woman your mama chose is only the beginning of the influence she will attempt to wield over you. If you can say no to whoever she 'suggests', you might as well say no to it before it even starts.
Attempting to wield an influence will only take effect if you allow such influences. BTW, i'm not advocating marrying outright any lady your mom suggests. Just bringing out the diplomatic side of it! Are you saying then that it is "every" man who follows his mom's suggestion that becomes a slave to her every whim? Some men are naturally cowards. They've been cowards all their lives, so what makes you think they'll act less wimpish when it comes to marriage? If your mom influences your decision as a married man, YOU allowed it!
Getting married has nothing to do with being man enough. It could be a life choice or it can be a case of not hving found what you are looking for.
It has nothing with being man enough, but it has everything to do with being mature. . . especially emotional maturity! Not getting married because you disagreed with your mother's choice sounds wimpish to me. . . or am i missing something? If you havent found what you are looking for, and your mom suggests someone, you say no? Because you believe you are old enough, and she should not influence your decisions? What if the lady she suggested happens to be the best thing in your life since sliced bread? Are you ruling out the possibility?
A man who can not put his mother in her place has no right to get married. How will such man be a head of his home when his mom and wife have disagreement? or when they gang up against him in pressuring him into other family matters?
Now, i'm waiting for you to also tell me that a lady whom you chose for yourself cannot team up with your mama! grin You have been obeying your mother diligently all your life, and then it gets to marriage and you choose to disobey? They are humans and are bound to disagree, i'm not ruling that out. If you are not matured enough to realize that disagreements as such can take place, then dont get married! So an emotionally immature man who puts his mom in her place should be allowed to/has the right to get married? BTW, no two situations are the same. Mothers dont act alike. Wives dont act alike. Maturity entails knowing the different angles fracas may decide to descend from, and being ready to tackle it!

Sexkillz, your advice is too dangerous to be followed. And it makes more enemies outside your family than is necessary.
Well, it's an advise, a suggestion. It's what i'll do. No one has to copy it. You should be mature enough to weigh different advices before finally making a choice! That's maturity! Dont do anything because i said so. Do it because you feel good about it, bearing in mind that you are responsible for your decisions and should be ready to shoulder the resulting eventuality!
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by claremont(m): 6:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
@OP: Tell your mum that on this occasion, the decision on whom to get married to rests and abides with you alone. Gone are the days when parents choose spouses for their children. My mum knows that there are certain aspects of my life she wouldn't dare comment on i.e. my relationships, and my religious/non-religious status.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chuksikem(m): 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2012
@Op, lucky you, this na real opportunity to sample free kitten for as long as you want grin grin, my former boss used to do this kind of match making she will always advice us young folks to get married on time that she wants us to live a responsible life,

we now told her that the job doesn't allow us to socialize so she come dey introduce us to clean sweet chics from her church, omo, sharp guys like me chop kitten tire, na today, abeg play along like killz said, chop kitten and find fault, you will always find fault in any lady no matter how decent she is, my Opinion

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chuksikem(m): 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2012
i wrote P.U.N.A.N.I, WTF is kitten?? angry angry
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2012
chuksikem:

i wrote P.U.N.A.N.I, WTF is kitten?? angry angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Switup: 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
eh hen killz, where were we?!*
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2012
Swit up:

eh hen killz, where were we?!*
My mail?
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Switup: 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2012
^^^, and i went dot dot dot, *slight thinking* and no qualms.

BAT EXCUSE ME OOO, SEE I STARTED A THREAD YESTADAY ONLY 4 ME 2 RETURN 2DAY AND CANT FIND IT. U'VE GOT ANY IDEA WHY?
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2012
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Switup: 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2012
^^^thnkz. I been think sey NL don dey filter peeps thread commot. Smilie face.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 1:23am On Feb 09, 2012
@freecocoa
Thanks for ur contribution,l have done that but it's ended up more tension. sad sad
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 1:33am On Feb 09, 2012
@~Killz~
lt's a privilege having u here bros,ur first post really moves me which l ill apply the method.

my humble regards
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 1:41am On Feb 09, 2012
Hello my love ones,l really thank u all for ur advice and contribution who am l to have u here on my thread just to rescued ur brother from a mother illegal dominance over wife matter. may God bless u all.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 1:47am On Feb 09, 2012
@ismhab
hello dude what do u actually mean?
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 1:58am On Feb 09, 2012
oyinkaa:

White bold5 for sale, call me on, 07030520337 if you are interested, vry clean wit full accessories
lt's seen u are in a wrong thread bro, l'm in a mess here u are selling phone? kindly help ur bros naa!
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 2:03am On Feb 09, 2012
dozymars:

Hello Everyone, I am a living experience to this matter. My mother insisted on getting a wife for me, though i was in a relationship but wasn't convinced it will lead to marriage. So i accepted my mum's moves and fortunately i loved the lady she got and now we are married with a child.

Few weeks after our marriage my parents always try to exert their control over my marriage, dictating to us on what should happen in the marriage which we tried resisting and this caused a lot of rift, hatred, bitterness and quarrel towards myself and my wife up till this moment of nearly 3yrs of marriage.

So my advice to the poster, you have to be very careful with this because it can bring division in the family which i am experiencing now. Talk to your mum and convince her that u can get a wife of your own but if by chance you get to love your mum's candidate then let your mum know she should take the blame for any eventual disagreement between you and the family that may arise during the marriage because your mum will try to exert her control especially if she resides in the same town with you.

dis's what l' trying to avoid but the way she's aggressively stand on her ground is what piss me off.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Polyandry: One Wife, Many Husbands / They Were Caught In Nsukka Having Sex In Car / If You Watched This Movie & Still Unmarried, My Friend Go For Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.