Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,135 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure (11415 Views)

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Beaf: 5:21am On Feb 08, 2012
[size=14pt]CBN names Akpabio best governor in infrastructure[/size]
On February 8, 2012 · In News

The Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, has been conferred with the best governor award for infrastructural support to micro and small enterprises activities by President Goodluck Jonathan.

At the award ceremony organized by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Abuja yesterday, the president who was represented by his deputy, Vice-President Namadi Sambo, extolled qualities of the awardees in poverty alleviation and said the administration would vigorously pursue its transformation agenda.

Giving reasons for the award on Chief Akpabio, the CBN cited the provision of infrastructural facilities and the disbursement of grants and loans to rural women and farmers as outstanding initiatives by the administration of Chief Akpabio.

According to Mallam Sanusi, “the availability of infrastructure is critical for the socio-economic development of any state. Akwa Ibom State Government made the upgrade of infrastructural facilities a critical objective of the administration.

“Special attention and resources were devoted to massive rural and urban development through provision of road networks, potable water supply, rural electrification, healthcare delivery and other ancillary projects in the form of reconstruction of existing structures.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/cbn-names-akpabio-best-governor-in-infrastructure/
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by bashr8: 5:36am On Feb 08, 2012
i agree, not all these noise makers from lagos and anambra choking us with propaganda grin
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 08, 2012
Yeah! no doubt about that.I was in the state last year August and this award is no doubt in the right direction
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by safarigirl(f): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2012
Congrats to him
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Arosa(m): 10:46am On Feb 08, 2012
any links to video clips of what he has done?
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Okijajuju1(m): 10:48am On Feb 08, 2012
All it takes is a simple drive through Akwa Ibom to convince anyone that Akpabio is working, while Fashola is Scamming.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by adino(m): 10:53am On Feb 08, 2012
what is wrong with u guys, what of all the flowers fashola is planting all over lagos.Fashola don vex now, u need to see the massive flower planting that is about to go on around Oworo,Alapere,Tollgate axis while the blue rail project is at a neck breaking slow pace despite getting free money from  world bank for the project. All hail superman fashola:Eko o n-  b-j-  O,  (people are now getting pissed up with that fraudulent slogan)
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Afam4eva(m): 11:06am On Feb 08, 2012
He really deserves it. Among governors like Chime, Amaechi, Fashola and himself, he's been the one that has taken infrastructure very seriously. Even though I've disagreed with someof his capital projects like the akwa-ibom airport, I think he has done well so far.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Sibe007(m): 11:18am On Feb 08, 2012
Akpabio has done well in building Infrastructure, But unfortunately the place is just being beautified but not many real Jobs are being created, hence the migration of the akwa Ibom people to other states (Rivers state et al) for Jobs, Hopefully private investors would get into the state to help create Jobs, In all the Governor has done well.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by dplordx(m): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2012
Akpabio is actually a trail blazer. He has achieved wonders within 4 years. As for comparing him with BRF, haba: would he have done better if his state is Lagos?
All I have to say is, he made as much noise as BRF, the reason we didnt hear was because we arent in state. But my respect to this leader.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by highland(m): 11:29am On Feb 08, 2012
Yes, the guy is good even though i don't always appreciate is comment on national issue.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by sugar001(f): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2012
Rubbish. Am sure Akpabio lobbied for this one. The guy too like show.
*anti-akpabio.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by gendebs(m): 11:39am On Feb 08, 2012
he really deserve d award. The guy is really transforming Akwa Ibom for good. Congrat sir
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by JimmyBoy1: 11:56am On Feb 08, 2012
I agree with CBN absolutely,I was at Uyo in November last year, shocked to see fly overs everywhere even, roads to villages were tarred. Though I am very much aware that he is looting as well, but Delta state has similar receiepts from Fedration account,yet they can not boast of so much infrastructural development.The rest should learn how to work too and not chopping only.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by dadicvila(m): 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2012
I dream of the day a governor of my state{Bayelsa}will win this award,will it happen in my lifetime??i doubt, Congrats Akpabio,God bless You
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by sunkoye: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
they give you basic amenities, you praise them. why wont they misbehave?

just like when PHCN restore power, everybody shout UP-NEPAAAAA angry
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by ypzilanti: 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2012
Akpabio is the man. A visit to the state will convince you. I schooled in Calabar so i know how the state looked in the past. I went there last year and could not believe the changes. Solid structures everywhere, not a single pot hole.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Pukkah: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2012
Congrats Mr Akpabio.  But not so fast. How much was the total spend on infrastructure to make him the best governor and what specifically was achieved - kilometres of roads tarred or paved, gallons of water per day, megawatts of electricity or kilometre of cables run, etc?

It would also be nice to know the percentage of the state's total revenue for that year that went into the infrastructural development.

Beaf:

Giving reasons for the award on Chief Akpabio, the CBN cited the provision of infrastructural facilities and the disbursement of grants and loans to rural women and farmers as outstanding initiatives by the administration of Chief Akpabio.

Which government organ handled or is administering this? What were the terms? Who were the beneficiaries?
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
sunkoye:

they give you basic amenities, you praise them. why wont they misbehave?

just like when PHCN restore power, everybody shout UP-NEPAAAAA angry
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by ypzilanti: 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2012
Agree with @pukkah. CBN should come up with a yearly non partisan and well researched development indices assessment of all states in Nigeria. Shey they have research department?
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by dejgan: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
I think common sense shld make anyone not compare Akpabio with Fasola. You should compare him wt his PDP friends in the south-south.
BRF is chopping Lasgidi money wt his godfather but we shld pls be factual in our comparison.
Allocation, population, etc. they are both miles apart. Akpabio gets 40B monthly compared to Fasola's 12B.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by EkoIle1: 1:41pm On Feb 08, 2012
Unfortunately, na another story if we ask them to list the so called infrastructures,

lol, damn lairs
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by manny4life(m): 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2012
Oops, undecided undecided undecided undecided

There were a few states that they missed, where are the internet fighters? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Wallie(m): 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2012
Beaf:

[size=14pt]CBN names Akpabio best governor in infrastructure[/size]
On February 8, 2012 · In News

The Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, has been conferred with the best governor award for infrastructural support to micro and small enterprises activities by President Goodluck Jonathan.

At the award ceremony organized by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Abuja yesterday, the president who was represented by his deputy, Vice-President Namadi Sambo, extolled qualities of the awardees in poverty alleviation and said the administration would vigorously pursue its transformation agenda.

According to Mallam Sanusi, “the availability of infrastructure is critical for the socio-economic development of any state. Akwa Ibom State Government made the upgrade of infrastructural facilities a critical objective of the administration.

“Special attention and resources were devoted to massive rural and urban development through provision of road networks, potable water supply, rural electrification, healthcare delivery and other ancillary projects in the form of reconstruction of existing structures.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/cbn-names-akpabio-best-governor-in-infrastructure/

Congrats to the governor as it shows that there are some Nigerians "working" but I'm a little confused on who gave the award - CBN or GEJ?

It seems that CBN merely provided the venue and time, and GEJ was the judge? The snippet from the article and/or the article itself is confusing.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by adino(m): 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2012
[size=25pt]With the way Superman overhyped Fashola is going, Delta State will soon overtake Lagos in infrastructural development. grin cheesy grin grin cheesy[/size]
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2012
@Safarigal

You're a lil cutie! Are you sure you're 17??
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by KnowAll(m): 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2012
[size=18pt]Akpabio is a man that enjoys tithing when the cameras are rolling. The State earns more than any other State in Nigeria, and probably more than some countries in W.A. Akwa Ibom should be el-dorado by now, this man is not performing as expected of him, of course when compared to state’s with lean budgets but has hooliganic rogues in power it would appear as if he has done exceptionally well and he is hitting all the right notes.

Far, far, far, foul and a fallacy, the man na 419[/size], undecided
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by EkoIle1: 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
We still dey wait for the list of the so called infrastructures o.

Talk about invisible and 419 infrastructures,
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Martmore: 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2012
Nna anulum na akwaibom na achokwa iru seaport.Odika obu ebe afu kam ga eje oo, makana anam afu nnukwu opportunity dia n'ihu.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2012
@Beaf

Word on the road is that you sold your soul to a corrupt, and mindless politician for some fresh milk and cheerios?? grin
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by youngmonie: 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2012
Big supporter of BRF. Good on akpabio. However one cannot compare lagos and Akwa Ibom. How many local governments does lagos have and how many does lagos have, which is one of the things people have to consider. Akwa Ibom may have excess money to invest in infrastucture while lagos may not. So I dont see the point of the comparison that people are doin
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by beespak7(m): 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2012
Any pictures to back up these claims? They say seeing is believing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State / Nigerian Workers Expect New Minimum Wage Before March – NLC President / Why Tinubu Can’t Separate Himself From Buhari’s Failures – Farotimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.