Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,844 members, 7,806,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer (12323 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA / Can A Customer Sue Bank For Undeposited Money Lost During Bank Robbery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by Seun(m): 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
A GTB customer (not me) wrote this on Facebook:
Story, story, I was home on a saturday morning only to receive 4-text messages from GTB. The first was welcoming me to "a new service" - dollar mastercard. The second was a notice that the amount XYZ had been deducted from my meagre Naira account because of #1. The third was to inform me about a new account number created on my behalf. The fourth was information on the amount in US$ that was credited into my new account.

I thought the whole thing was 419, and even disregarded the text messages; only for me to appear in a GTB branch on Monday morning and explain myself. I showed the lady at the counter the text messages, she checked on her PC and with a smile, replied "yes sir, you are welcome to our new service". I had to cool my temper, filled up their complaint form and left the place as I was boiling with rage already, considering that I did not request for the service.

Long story cut short, I sent them several mails about the issue, but they stubbornly replied that they cannot reverse whatever was done, even if I didnt need the DollarMastercard.

Can you believe that a staff of GTB actually called me to suggest HOW TO AMICABLY RESOLVE THE ISSUE!. I was happy, thinking she was going to say something sensible. She said they were sorry about the "MIXUP", but that I could look at things positively. So I replied "how".

Her reply went something like this: sir you know, now that we have issued you a Dollar mastercard, at least the next time you go abroad, for example to the UK, you dont need to carry cash", etc. Then the silly lady even asked me if I had family members in the UK.?

I had to physically hold my phone in front of my eyes just to confirm the nonsense I had just heard. I was like, what tha?

Long story cut short, I wrote them a 5-page letter, threatening a serious law suit, called up / copied the letter to the ICPC, the EFCC, the police, a lawyer and an army officer contact.

I dont know what transpired between the ICPC/EFCC and the GTB, but I got a call from someone at the ICPC and then like 8-GTB staff/managers called me to apologize rainfall and deepwater. For the first time in my entire life, I felt as if Nigeria has hope.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by Impulse80(m): 8:24pm On Feb 09, 2012
Na wa o but thank God 4 EFCC
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by uchlukez(f): 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
Isn't it better seun that u have ur money saved for u in dollars? At least dollar always appreciates against the naira. Lol grin
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by executinal(m): 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is beyond customer service grin grin grin
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by logica(m): 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2012
The fact that it got to ICPC before they fixed their mess up says something. All these banks are under pressure to deliver so they sometimes try to force feed customers.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by lifestyle1(m): 8:33pm On Feb 09, 2012
They now have too many customers that they can't manage. undecided  The queue in all their branches is just annoying.

@ topic, they messed up with the wrong guy! grin
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by twinskenny(m): 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
@op

thats how thing suppose to be in this country, we should be able to trust the authority to come to our aid in time of need,
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is sooo sweeet! good for you. my colleagues thought i was crazy when LG refused to replace my 42 inch LCD when it went kaput after 2 weeks,offering to repair it instead when their warranty said 6 months. They put a MOPOL on my case and he started walking me out of the LG shop. I left and wrote a letter to EFCC, LG International and the Police Station close by.

I got a call the next day and a brand new 42-inch LG LCD that i sold off immediately  grin I think Customers should start doing this if all reason fails  grin  grin
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by eghost247(m): 8:37pm On Feb 09, 2012
lol@ next time u go to the uK
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by 76Naira(m): 8:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
Thanks for your style of action. very commendable.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by Chima2012: 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2012
"For the first time in my entire life, I felt as if Nigeria has hope."

I am so proud of you Seun. Every Nigerian must learn to stand up and be counted or sit down and be trappled upon. I have had a nasty experience with GTB myself regarding my Master Card and was treated in a very funny and embarrassing way worst than you. I wrote a Petition and threatened to take the Bank Manager and the Bank to Court. Within 24 hours, the matter was resolved and my Card started working. It is so funny how things work out speedily when you STAND UP. Within just one week, the price of fuel was reduced. We should learn to speak up more. Bravo! You have made my day. Naija is alive in you.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by papadenzel(m): 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2012
Sorry 4 derailing but had a nasty experience wit airtel customer care because of my bis! Loaded 1k5 so I cld do a bis 4 1k4 and lo and behold, dey removed d 1k4 as agreed and later removed all d credit on my fone 4 no apparent reason as I made no call or sms! All efforts 2 convince their customer care is rebutted with its not our fault but yours or we'll get back to you which they have nt done afta 24hrs. Smh
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by kokoye(m): 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2012
Chima2012:

I am so proud of you Seun. Every Nigerian must learn to stand up and be counted or sit down and be trappled upon. I have had a nasty experience with GTB myself regarding my Master Card and was treated in a very funny and embarrassing way worst than you. I wrote a Petition and threatened to take the Bank Manager and the Bank to Court. Within 24 hours, the matter was resolved and my Card started working. It is so funny how things work out speedily when you STAND UP. Within just one week, the price of fuel was reduced. We should learn to speak up more. Bravo! You have made my day. Naija is alive in you.

Did you read the post well?  It happened to someone else, not Seun.

And the price of fuel did not really go down . . they only hussled you into believing you achieved something.

97 - 67 naira  . . .did that go down?
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by stagger: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^^^

A product of our university system.

Can't even read and interpret a damn post!

Anyway, what do you expect from a university system which does not have a single university in the top 6000 in the world?

If you ask our graduates how many books they read in a year, the results will shock you!
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by kokoye(m): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^

erm . . sorry bros, but you you take know say that person attend any school at all sef?

person wey no fit subtract 67 from 97?

I go naija university for undergrad . . and look at me now! grin
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by kim77: 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2012
Seun you do well. How i wish other millions of GTBank customers could stand up for their right too.
This strategy of acquiring customers by force  was used over 6 years ago by Intercontinental Bank and this made the bank a force in Nigeria e-banking products.  Now that Access has acquire Intercontinental Bank . Other banks now scramble for their customers especially the e-banking customers.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by GWslim(f): 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
Good for him. The guy is very smart and educated.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by dome2: 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
Sometime before christmas I was First Bank Ajah market branch for a transaction I heard a female staff of the bank explaining to a woman who has come to complain that her money was withdrawn by unknown persons through the ATM when she had her card with her. The female staff was telling the woman tha it was impossible that maybe someone from her end(the compliant) did the withdrawal and if she wants to make an official compliant she should fill a form and the CCTV recording would be retrived from the archives upon the payment of N25,000. whereas the woman was complaining of a loss of N18,000.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by Joshua15(m): 9:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
na dem sabi o oooooooooooooooooo if den lykkkkkkkkkkkk oooooo
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by helpee(m): 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
I operate an E susu account with stanbic IBTC. It is a daily savings account and the agents come around to collect it daily. I was faithfully saving for 3mnths without making any withdrawal.  I later went into the bank to demand for my statement of account but I was told I had no statement that they only know the total amount I av saved and that if I nid my statement I should use the handwritten passbook as my statement. I told them nobody would accept that from me and that it was improper for me to save over a million with them without proper statement. That was when this guy who happened to be the operations manager shouted me down that as long as my money is complete I had no right to complain. The other staff were telling him that I am a regular customer but he didn't bother. He later called a police officer to come and walk me out but other customers intervened. I went straight to my lawyer and we called the customer complaint threatening fire and brimstone. Promptly they apologised and asked for scanned copy of my passbook which they used to provide me my statement from the headquarters. They gave the guy query and made him face a disciplinary panel cos as at the time he used police to walk me out, I had more than a million in that account. This guy called me yesterday saying unless I intervene he will be sacked. He is asking me to tell them at the headquarters that I was angry from home before and that I transferred the aggression on him before he reacted that way. He actually begged me and was almost weeping on phone.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by FEMARY1: 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
I love this this.Stand up stand up stand up for your right.

Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by FEMARY1: 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2012
helpee:

I operate an E susu account with stanbic IBTC. It is a daily savings account and the agents come around to collect it daily. I was faithfully saving for 3mnths without making any withdrawal. I later went into the bank to demand for my statement of account but I was told I had no statement that they only know the total amount I av saved and that if I nid my statement I should use the handwritten passbook as my statement. I told them nobody would accept that from me and that it was improper for me to save over a million with them without proper statement. That was when this guy who happened to be the operations manager shouted me down that as long as my money is complete I had no right to complain. The other staff were telling him that I am a regular customer but he didn't bother. He later called a police officer to come and walk me out but other customers intervened. I went straight to my lawyer and we called the customer complaint threatening fire and brimstone. Promptly they apologised and asked for scanned copy of my passbook which they used to provide me my statement from the headquarters. They gave the guy query and made him face a disciplinary panel cos as at the time he used police to walk me out, I had more than a million in that account. This guy called me yesterday saying unless I intervene he will be sacked. He is asking me to tell them at the headquarters that I was angry from home before and that I transferred the aggression on him before he reacted that way. He actually begged me and was almost weeping on phone.
I dont know what you should do to the foolish staff.Zero customer service.

Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by osegalaxy: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is bad, no human right for GTbank?
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by GreenJ(m): 11:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
helpee, just 4give the mumu may be he was feeling like a worldbank manager

4geting he is in a nija coming to its best. He will only increase unemployment

population out there, i think by now he will be beggen & promissing God

"If u save me I will never try that in my life" again & again & again,
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by fuqua: 11:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
Mr "Long Story Cut Short" grin grin grin
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
Walahi, if them try that kinda nonsense with me, i will do more than get my money back.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by emmatok(m): 12:26am On Feb 10, 2012
Can you believe that a staff of GTB actually called me to suggest HOW TO AMICABLY RESOLVE THE ISSUE!. I was happy, thinking she was going to say something sensible. She said they were sorry about the "MIXUP", but that I could look at things positively. So I replied "how".

Her reply went something like this: sir you know, now that we have issued you a Dollar mastercard, at least the next time you go abroad, for example to the UK, you dont need to carry cash", etc. Then the silly lady even asked me if I had family members in the UK.? grin grin grin grin grin

That lady na real 419.

UK ko US ni. angry angry angry angry
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by Reference(m): 12:31am On Feb 10, 2012
helpee:

I operate an E susu account with stanbic IBTC. It is a daily savings account and the agents come around to collect it daily. I was faithfully saving for 3mnths without making any withdrawal.  I later went into the bank to demand for my statement of account but I was told I had no statement that they only know the total amount I av saved and that if I nid my statement I should use the handwritten passbook as my statement. I told them nobody would accept that from me and that it was improper for me to save over a million with them without proper statement. That was when this guy who happened to be the operations manager shouted me down that as long as my money is complete I had no right to complain. The other staff were telling him that I am a regular customer but he didn't bother. He later called a police officer to come and walk me out but other customers intervened. I went straight to my lawyer and we called the customer complaint threatening fire and brimstone. Promptly they apologised and asked for scanned copy of my passbook which they used to provide me my statement from the headquarters. They gave the guy query and made him face a disciplinary panel cos as at the time he used police to walk me out, I had more than a million in that account. This guy called me yesterday saying unless I intervene he will be sacked. He is asking me to tell them at the headquarters that I was angry from home before and that I transferred the aggression on him before he reacted that way. He actually begged me and was almost weeping on phone.

Do out of bank settlement grin grin grin
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by stagger: 1:19am On Feb 10, 2012
helpee:

Dem never born that bank staff that will shout at me in the bank. You should get that insolent OPM sacked!
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by chucky234(m): 1:32am On Feb 10, 2012
For the second time in my over 35 years of existence I am proud to be a Nigerian,I regained my faith in Nigerians and the hope for Nigeria with the OccupyNigeria fight against subsidy removal and this has increased that hope.

I am happy that so many of us knows our rights and when to fight back no matter how big our offenders are,you guys are great and am very proud of you.

I used to have some EFCC mobile numbers but for sometime now they have stopped functioning,hope you guys can provide me functional lines to reach ICPC and EFCC if the need arises.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by okooyinbo(m): 1:41am On Feb 10, 2012
GreenJ:

helpee, just 4give the mumu may be he was feeling like a worldbank manager

4geting he is in a nija coming to its best. He will only increase unemployment

population out there, i think by now he will be beggen & promissing God

"If u save me I will never try that in my life" again & again & again,

HELPEE, dont try what this person is suggesting at all. If you do, dont ever complain that Nigeria is bad. That stu.pid id.iot should be sacked. A professional person at that matter. Worst of all, he is asking you to even lie on yourself. What a ridiculous nonentity. Let his silly buttt get kicked out.
Re: GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer by MisterNRC(m): 2:04am On Feb 10, 2012
This has made my morning joyful!!!!

I dont know what transpired between the ICPC/EFCC and the GTB, but I got a call from someone at the ICPC and then like 8-GTB staff/managers called me to apologize rainfall and deepwater
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Her reply went something like this: sir you know, now that we have issued you a Dollar mastercard, at least the next time you go abroad, for example to the UK, you dont need to carry cash", etc. Then the silly lady even asked me if I had family members in the UK.?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BUA, Lummus Sign Contract For The Construction Of 285,000tpa Polypropylene Unit / Who Knows About Revenuevault.com / Fg’s Huge Debts Crippling Financial System – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.