Stats: 3,147,966 members, 7,799,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here - Islam for Muslims (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here (108188 Views)

A Brother Just Join The Nairaland Muslim Family / Jazakallah Khairan To The Nairaland Muslim Community / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2019
^^

Another mistake you just made which further makes your cause difficult is that you forgot that same people you tagged "bidat" are muslims that will donate generously openly and secretly without your personal knowledge since "people of sunnah" are tiny minority. Which means majority of the donations will be coming from "Alhubidat".

Since you have seen them less than muslims, this further creates animosity in the Muslim community. You dont need this if you want to succeed. You dont start with sectarian division to advance your cause. Back in the 50s and 60s in America, when immigrants were settling in the USA from Asia, Caribbean and middle eastern countries, they were all different ideologies but they put aside their different ideologies in America in order to advance one cause which roped them together which is Islam. They managed to build one masjid and one jummah where all Muslims in the community from different backgrounds and sects prayed and schooled. These were sunni, shia, ahmadiyya, sufi, Deobandi, Barelvi and the list was endless. They formed one group only bcus if they had allowed their differences to get in their way, Islam would have faded away in america. They were very understanding for them to allow islam to dictate and not their egos. Otherwise, Islam would not have had its way to this day for the modern muslims. We thank them for their unflinching efforts/services. They are the vagabonds of islam in America. Some of them still alive while many of them have returned to Allah.

Later as islam progresses and muslim community was expanding, their different ideologies became obvious. They tried not to go that line but unfortunately they could not resolve these ideological differences and they parted ways peacefully without putting on boxing gloves. But thank goodness before this happened, Islam already became known to Americans and accepted. Of Course islam was always in American centuries ago. So if you want to build islam in ilobu community of Osun state, you dont start by castigating and maginalizing others. Doing so makes you look foolish and you are on a failed mission. They were practising islam before you. You are not teaching anything new. I need to remind you that when those muslims were tiny minority in the 50s 60s in America, there were onijalabi amongst them till this day. There were people with cultural or traditional islam amongst them which means they did some things different from other muslims but they all worked together for the cause of islam to build muslim community in USA..

But what you are doing base on your post is very silly. You are not applying wisdom. Do you think by condemning jalabi or style of naming ceremony will put an end to it?. Mind you it is not only in nigeria or ilobu. Alhasunnah/salafi where i pray do the very same thing. People come to the masjid for nikkah, for naming and so on. And family or muslim community are charged to bury their dead almost everywhere around the world. And you said it is the person's compound and they still charge a fee?. Thats something i never heard of. And if it is true, it must be very limited to that region in Osun state. We see people buried in nigeria in their own compound all the time and no such issue.

Dont think for a second that you know it all. Islam is very broad, brother. Dont marginalize others. They are part of the muslim community.

Salaam alaikum

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
Asalam alaykum, I'm Ibraheem bn Muhammad Basheer, new member, glad to be here

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Abisoye92(m): 1:05am On Mar 27, 2019
Abuheekmat:
if you are interested in following strictly kitab wa sunnah with understanding of the sahabahs. . . send me your phone number and I will add you to a WhatsApp group.

male only

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Abisoye92(m): 1:07am On Mar 27, 2019
Assalamualaykumu salaam warahmotullahi wabarakatuhu. Am Abisoye mubarak. From osun state but reside in abuja. Nice to be here.

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Mustack: 2:52am On Mar 27, 2019
Abisoye92:
Assalamualaykumu salaam warahmotullahi wabarakatuhu. Am Abisoye mubarak. From osun state but reside in abuja. Nice to be here.

Walaikum salaam waramotulai wabarakatu. You're welcome bro
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by ahmedaturboy(m): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2019
Salam alaikum,am Ahmed Abubakar.am from kwara state, residing in ilorin.am hapy 2 join dis fold of islam.barakah-lahufih
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by nobsalis: 2:53pm On May 07, 2019
I reside in Abuja and I'm looking for a devoted Muslim sister to marry.

And I'm new in this group as well
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Harni99(f): 8:37pm On May 11, 2019
Assalam alaykum I hail frm Kwara st. Buh resides in Lagos

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Uthman2senior: 7:12am On May 21, 2019
Harni99:
Assalam alaykum I'm Zhaynab by name, I hail frm Kwara st. Buh resides in Lagos
Walaikum salaam waramotulahi You are welcome

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by mashad(m): 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Happy sallah
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2019
mashad:
Happy sallah
confirmed?
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Larbosky(m): 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2019
As salamu alaykum wá rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. I am Abdullateef Salam, smiley. Am in Ibadan
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by 2went: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2019
I'm also a Muslim. We are brothers
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by meditator(m): 11:17am On Jun 13, 2019
maclatunji:
Salam Alaykum everybody. Now, Nairaland gets new members everyday and a good percentage of these newbies are Muslims. We would like to know you if you are one. Kindly introduce yourself to your fellow Muslim brothers and sisters here.

Ma Salam
Salam to you all. I'm Abdullahi Mustapha, a graduate of Pol. Sci. I'm currently living in Niger State.

I have been in this site for sometime now but I have not been an active member of this section.

I have rekindled my spirituality with Allah now, would like to be an active member, make good friends here and also to benefit from the pearls of knowledge in dis section. May Allah bless you all
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by OtemAtum: 5:48am On Jun 19, 2019
I am Otem of Truth, born to declare the truth of our Universe to the world. I have come to reveal the creator of your god Allah. By making the Creator of Allah known, the world will start to live right, using their brains, worshipping no god and doing good to humanity.

Currently Allah is in a spiritual cage where his god mates have confined him to.

Greetings to you all.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
OtemAtum:
I am Otem of Truth, born to declare the truth of our Universe to the world. I have come to reveal the creator of your god Allah. By making the Creator of Allah known, the world will start to live right, using their brains, worshipping no god and doing good to humanity.

Currently Allah is in a spiritual cage where his god mates have confined him to.

Greetings to you all.
wrong thread, buddy undecided
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by oyatz(m): 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Why this statement that can cause terrorists' attacks?

Why this provocation sir?

OtemAtum:

Greetings to you all.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by OtemAtum: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2019
oyatz:
Why this statement that can cause terrorists' attacks?

Why this provocation sir?
I am only telling the truth as it is. I don't fear terrorists.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by oyatz(m): 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hmmnnnn, you want to use style to corner one
pretty hijab babe for yourself abi? God dey!

Hollawayn05:
salam Alaykum
Am Ridwan
an AgroPreneur
am in need of cool Muslim sister up for Marriage
someone with The fear of Allah
any tribe is good

#Salam
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by OtemAtum: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2019
Empiree:
wrong thread, buddy undecided
the OP said we should introduce ourselves and I did. How is this a wrong thread for my introduction?
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by oyatz(m): 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2019
Which truths?

Your so-called truths can lead to the loss of lives and properties of innocent Nigerians when Terrorists start Killing people for your insults against Allah.

OtemAtum:
I am only telling the truth as it is. I don't fear terrorists.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
OtemAtum:
the OP said we should introduce ourselves and I did. How is this a wrong thread for my introduction?
op said

"Muslim Newbies, introduce yourselves"

You didn't just introduced yourself but your religion.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
oyatz:
Which truths?

Your so-called truths can lead to the loss of lives and properties of innocent Nigerians when Terrorists start Killing people for your insults against Allah.

guy, stop inciting hatred here. No one is killing anyone. OtemAtum had right to post his introduction. My response here is more appropriate to bring his attention to the wrong thread. Only op has final say not me either.

Please stop hatred against muslims. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by OtemAtum: 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
Empiree:
op said

"Muslim Newbies, introduce yourselves"

You didn't just introduced yourself but your religion.
I don't actually have a religion. I was only trying to introduce the truth of the UNIVERSE. Maybe I shouldn't have done that anyway. cool
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by oyatz(m): 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
What are you saying?

Were you not in this country when the then deputy Governor of Zamfara State, Mahmud Shinkafi declared that 'All Muslims should consider the killing of Isioma Daniel (a journalist with ThisDay Newspaper) a Religious obligation' for writing an article in the Newspaper about the likelihood of Prophet Mohammed approving the holding of Miss World beauty peagents and possibly marrying one of the contestants if he were to be alive in 2002?

Where were you when many Nigerians were killed by Muslim terrorists because someone in Faraway Denmark drew a cartoon of Prophet Mohammed?

Where were you when Gideon Akaluka was beheaded by Islamic fundamentalists in Kano and his head paraded on a stick simply because his wife wiped her anus with a sheet of paper with Arabic inscription which they claimed was Quran (actually a Shia propaganda Magazine from Iran)?

I am trying to prevent potential violence and you are discouraging it

Empiree:
guy, stop inciting hatred here. No one is killing anyone. OtemAtum had right to post his introduction. My response here is more appropriate to bring his attention to the wrong thread. Only op has final say not me either.

Please stop hatred against muslims. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
oyatz:
What are you saying?

Were you not in this country when the then deputy Governor of Zamfara State, Mahmud Shinkafi declared that 'All Muslims should consider the killing of Isioma Daniel (a journalist with ThisDay Newspaper) a Religious obligation' for writing an article in the Newspaper about the likelihood of Prophet Mohammed approving the holding of Miss World beauty peagents and possibly marrying one of the contestants if he were to be alive in 2002?

Where were you when many Nigerians were killed by Muslim terrorists because someone in Faraway Denmark drew a cartoon of Prophet Mohammed?

Where were you when Gideon Akaluka was beheaded by Islamic fundamentalists in Kano and his head paraded on a stick simply because his wife wiped her anus with a sheet of paper with Arabic inscription which they claimed was Quran (actually a Shia propaganda Magazine from Iran)?

I am trying to prevent potential violence and you are discouraging it

guy, I don't have time for this. Don't bring politics here, please. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2019
OtemAtum:
I don't actually have a religion. I was only trying to introduce the truth of the UNIVERSE. Maybe I shouldn't have done that anyway. cool
you should have thought about this before posting. This is Islam section.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by OtemAtum: 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2019
Empiree:
you should have thought about this before posting. This is Islam section.
Yes I know it's Islam section. I'm here for a purpose, to open their eyes to the truth.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by aadoiza: 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2019
I can see OtemAtum's been busy.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2019
OtemAtum:
Yes I know it's Islam section. I'm here for a purpose, to open their eyes to the truth.
oh well, you are on a dead mission then shocked

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by oyatz(m): 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2019
Then you shouldn't have tried to down play my efforts.

This is not about Politics. Everything I wrote happened and are 100% true.

Nigerians have been killed by Islamic fundamentalists for similar and even lesser issues.

Kiss the truth.

Empiree:
guy, I don't have time for this. Don't bring politics here, please. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (82) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan