Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

…. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / …. (1146 Views)

Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? / Stanbic Ibtc Bank Arm Twisted Ibikunle Amosun Over N300m Debt. / My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

…. by helpee(m): 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
Re: …. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
the guy done show remorse come apologise join,abeg forgive and help him keep his job abi u neva lie before or this one go cost you any dime,
Re: …. by faithin9ja: 10:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
If you lie you are becoming his 'bit*h' . If I were you I would tell the truth in form of a written statement but also add in the statement that the bank has the discretion to deal with their staff anyway they see fit but you as a customer, will humbly suggest to the bank that the bank sanction and perhaps give him so more training so that he will be better at his job rather than lose his job.

then it's up to the bank to decide whether to keep him or sack him. but you suddenly turning to his 'pally' and making yourself look a 'fool' (you were upset before you came to bank) doesn't sound reasonable to me.
Re: …. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^ hey dont go there

@ op, much as i dont agree with people abusing their office i would oblige you to note that you stand to lose nothing. not like the bank is offering you anything,why let the fellow loss his job. you have gotten what you want (your bank statement) ,do the needful and let the brother move on with his career.
Re: …. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^^^^^he is losing alot by telling such cheap lies.

I believe in integrity, everyone should be responsible for his or her actions, little things like this will make a difference.

OP, you better say things they way they are. If he loses his job, there are a lot of people that will fit in that position.

All the best
Re: …. by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 10, 2012
@OP
its called THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS, and the guy should learn from them. it is TOO EASY to have remorse and come begging afterwards, especially when he was not very helpful and treated you like garbage that day.
tell this guy that you are against ANY FORM OF LIES and cannot help him onthat matter because it will undermine YOU as an honest person. et voila!

imagine you say it was YOUR mistake and some other person in that bank treats you like shiit?! you will have NO ground to complain as you would have been labeled a LIAR!
Re: …. by afrodoc(m): 3:29am On Feb 10, 2012
d guy should be able to bear d consequences of his actions,after all he was playing d lord n master before.his actions could have cost u a rejection at an embassy for instance and i am sure he has caused delay if not ruined people's lives with his attitude.allow d bank to knack him akpako!
Re: …. by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 10, 2012
vindictive minds angry angry angry, op have you not lied before and after that incidence? what makes this one special .

op, from your post , you frequent that branch, has the guy treated you or someone else like this before?. this could be the closing of that door that has held the bigger one from opening but i would advice you not to aid another mans downfall
Re: …. by kildran: 7:48am On Feb 10, 2012
What will u gain if he loses his job? This guy must have had a sleepless nite, he has learnt his lesson. Let it go!
Re: …. by Aghalokpe(f): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2012
Please forgive him,you dont know how many mouths including his that will suffer when he loses dat job.Am not telling you to lie,apply wisdom play your part and if God says he wil lose dat job fine and if he keeps it fine.
Re: …. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 12, 2012
poor customer service in Nigeria is not a new thing, the only way to solve this problem is to make people realize that CUSTOMERS are the ones paying their salary and therefore should be treated with respect and care.

how can a manager shout at a customer and tell him that he CANT complain, before asking police to throw him out of the place?!
this man has NO BUSINESS being the manager of that firm!
Re: …. by ayodele123(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2012
Lie is sin. All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire(Revelations 21:cool
Honesty is the best policy
Fear God rather than fear mere man
Fear God who can destroy both body and soul than man who can only kill the body
OP if you have the fear of God, you will not tell a lie to cover up an evil
Obeience is better than sacrifice
If the guy loses his job, it is no fault of yours, but by his own irresponsibility
His request to you to tell a lie against yourself to aid him confirms that he is irresponsible and has no fear of God in him.
He should be able to pray to God to save his job. God is merciful and can save his job if he approaches Him in repentance and sobriety
Tell him that you are unable and it is against your conscience and beliefs
The heavens will not fall on your head if you stand up for the truth
if you can stand up for the truth, God Himself will stand up for you as he did for Shedrach,Meschach and Abednego in Daniel Chapter 3
If you lie on his behalf, he will discard you like a piece of rag at the end and you will become a fool
How can a reasonable, sensible person lie against himself and even commit such a sacrilege  in writing?
Op, do not listen to those who are encouraging you to tell lies against your conscience
Remember that we shall all give account to God on the last day on an individual basis.
Forgive him but do not lie.
Let him know that you will pray and intercede on his behalf but will not lie.
then do intercede for him and God will hear your prayer and save his job for him
At the end of the day, through this experience he is facing,God can transform his life.
Be a vessel unto honour for God,not for the Devil.Liars belong to the Devil
Re: …. by KENNSAMMY(m): 1:56am On Jun 20, 2013
be indifferent. instead of telling such lie against urself, if they call u , dont respond.

(1) (Reply)

Can Anyone Help Me On How To Recover My Money Back From Alibaba And Aliexpress / D.C. Man Orders TV From Amazon, Gets Assault Rifle Instead / Lagos State Tax Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.