Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,269 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? (9023 Views)

Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? / Why Do Babies Cry Early In The Morning / Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2012
My baby girl is 6 weeks. Sometimes she just begin staring @ Something. When I look there, there's nothing & she keeps on
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2012
Some hav suggestd Spirit, other babies in heaven
I think they are trying to recognize objects
What do U think?
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by Dyt(f): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2012
chuckles
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by jpilata(m): 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
They may be looking at unforseen spirits,either good or bad, but if it is a bad spirit,they wil cry out.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by ada24: 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2012
i really hope these responses are a joke

1 Like

Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by DrummaBoy(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2012
@Ada24, so they are not a joke, what are they?
What do U think babies could be staring @.
Its no issue but I just wonder
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by ada24: 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
u do know that a newborn only has about an approx 10cm viewing range and its mostly black and white, they don't see things properly until about 6 months I think.

let google be ur friend and do a quick search for the answer - sometimes its not by force to start a topic (i mean that in the nicest way possible)
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by Outstrip(f): 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
Why are you worried about what they are staring at. Would you just rather have her stare at her feet. There are no spirits oe babies in heaven that she is staring out. She is just doing what babies do
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:28pm On Feb 10, 2012
ada24:

u do know that a newborn only has about an approx 10cm viewing range and its mostly black and white, they don't see things properly until about 6 months I think.

let google be ur friend and do a quick search for the answer - sometimes its not by force to start a topic (i mean that in the nicest way possible)

Thank you ada for the advice. I could use google true. But you know how this search engines can cough up so much infos and now you get to begin to peruse through them. I was hoping women here could help with both facts and fables on the issue.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by Freesia(f): 11:08pm On Feb 10, 2012
I like to believe they are "swallowing in" everything in their new environment and taking their time while doing so,as you can imagine they had their eyes shut for a good nine months but your little princess's vision hasn't fully developed yet nothing to worry about.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by zayhal(f): 11:27pm On Feb 10, 2012
Outstrip has said it all.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by minute(f): 3:28am On Feb 11, 2012
Oh my goodness! You don't know? Babies are very in-tuned with the works of the paranormal.

When she stares off like that she's probably looking at the ghost of the teletubby who killed itself.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by agiboma(f): 5:13am On Feb 11, 2012
i hace been told they stare at Angels, congrats on the birth of you
LO
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by Gloriouspa(m): 9:38am On Feb 11, 2012
She looks at her guiding Angels. If u study her well sometimes she smiles, they do communicate. It is normal.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by Sike(m): 9:48am On Feb 11, 2012
Sighs
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by favouredjb(f): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2012
^lol
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by Chnges(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2012
They're staring at the evil spirits jumping from one head to another (their focus is usually projected upwards towards the level of the head) and sometimes cries when a particular evil spirit bawls at them. Sometimes, they laugh because during the jump, they may loose hold and fall (the evil spirits).
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by Koolking(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2012
ada24:

You mean google has all the answers one need? info on google are they naturally there? I wonder what google will say babies stare blankly at. Me think whatever info you will get on google will not be different from diverse opinions here, except the info is from another babe or his maker (impossible it may sounds). There are questions i dont ask google
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by 27naira(m): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2012
you know, i can remember vividly when i was 5 weeks old, i did the same thing, Stare!

1. I am putting efforts to hold my focus at a point. I giggle anytime i succeed for a second.
2. I keep wondering "what the hell is this place, its so ugly", remember babies come from heaven and earth just stunk like shi.t-hole.

Those where my thoughts. Now you know! wink

1 Like

Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by xynerise: 10:31am On Feb 11, 2012
undecided. Well if she stares too much she is an imbeci'le.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by 27naira(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2012
xynerise:

undecided. Well if she stares too much she is an imbeci'le.

question is: what do babies stare at?

In Igbo: O gini ka umu aka n'ele mgbe obula?

In chinese: chin qua'n chu oh xin li qi?

In Pidgin English: Na watin pikin dey open eye dey look wey em mama never see?

Now, you understand the question: Try again! olodo! grin

3 Likes

Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by xynerise: 10:44am On Feb 11, 2012
27naira:

see u wey get E8 five consecutive times in ur WAEC in English language. grin.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by xynerise: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2012
27naira:

see u wey get E8 five consecutive times in ur WAEC in English language. grin.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by 27naira(m): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2012
^^ but i get A1 for Chinese na, grin

1 Like

Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by joelala(m): 11:00am On Feb 11, 2012
when they stare, they try to have a picture of how the next bobby sucking will be, grin
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by begwong: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2012
I have never seen any stare blankly since i was born(60years ago).All my 9kids laughed and chuckles when stared at not the other way.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by eastOFwest(m): 11:27am On Feb 11, 2012
They're not staring blankly. They are looking at u thinking 'who'shis clown making a fool of him/herself? Whey make I give am one heavy poo to make am busy!'

1 Like

Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 11, 2012
They just stare, not because there is an evil spirit or angel, they are only trying to assimilate things around them.
Imagine yourself in a strange place, am sure you wont stop staring.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by uniqueren(f): 11:38am On Feb 11, 2012
27naira:

Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by iykemanuel(m): 11:39am On Feb 11, 2012
i guess they sstare at their previous life so they cud make adjustment nd fulfil their unfinished dreams. Hope dis helps.
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by touchmeder: 11:50am On Feb 11, 2012
I wonder too?

''question is: what do babies stare at?

Now, you understand the question: Try again! olodo! ''

now that got me rollin on the round with laughter
Re: What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? by fleps(m): 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2012
ada24:

Even NAIRALAND na google on its own o! Theres noting i search on nairaland dat i dont get. Even google wil give u at least one reference or search result from nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) / Why Do Some Parents Insult Their Children? / Love Is Blind: See The Wonderful Pictures Of Couple That Breaks The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.