Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? (13661 Views)

Best Data Speed : Glo Or Etisalat / Hurray! Mtn Fastlink 3G Data Modem Now N5,500 / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia (2) (3) (4)

Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by niniman(m): 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2012
ogbongzky:

I use Glo. The only network with 3G service in benue for now.
Gbam, glo is a dependable network for Benue, was in benue last month, I used glo, it was fast, the speed was comparable to T-moble in US if not better!

@OP, check what is the best network for the area you intend to stay most, if u will move around more, Glo is ur best option.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by BodyKiss(m): 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2012
GLO is a mess for now. Really don't know which network to try next. Sometimes they even wipe-out your credit for no reason.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2012
don't mess with my GLO or i kill u!!!!
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by ambyzown(m): 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2012
I find Glo data to be the most reliable of all the gsm networks. In terms of download speeds, Etisalat takes the honour, while MTN and Glo come in 2nd and 3rd respectively. But as most people have pointed out here, it's all location dependent. Find out which network works best in your location. For me it's Glo.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by omoboy08(m): 8:32pm On Feb 12, 2012
like most ve said, it depends on locatn but ve tested mtn n glo here in warri nd can say Glo is a lot beta wit wit 3.5G coverage
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by denny4ril: 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2012
have tried starcomms, etisalat, visafone and now on GLO as at wen am posting this msg. Look info is power. GLO iS MY CURRENT CHOICE. Reason- i can use my data sim on my nokia E61 and i a, njoyn browsing and even abandoned my laptop. IF U WANT TO SUBSRIBE, USE GLO IF D NETWK IS OK N UR LOCATION. Buy always micro package @ 1000 per month for 200MB or 3000 for 1G/mnth. U will not regret it and it is so fast on phone especially nokia e61 and e61i. U can get dose phones at computer village, lagos at giveaway prices
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by Ehisod(m): 9:55pm On Feb 12, 2012
Look, all these gsm nerworks that we have in this Naija are mostly unreliable mire so with glo network. I just renewed my subscription and behold I haven't bwen able to do anything with it for more than a week now I have had to get an airtel data bundle which is what am now using. I've used etisalat before and was also disappointed cos a week to the end of my subscription I could not connect anymore and had to get a bundle from another network. So which ever of the gsm networks you go with you might run into problems. By the way I live at Ogba. But one I will say based on experience is that glo is the worst of them all.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by chidike(m): 10:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
i'm in kaduna, all networks have 3G here (dunno about Airtel, does anyone still use that network??). Anyways, MTN claim they have 3.5G but it can be very slow and unstable. Etisalat is quite fast, especially at night but honestly none compares to Glo, i sometimes hate glo o! Dey have their own issues, once in a while (like once or twice a month) the speed usually drops. But i thinks its the fastest here during the day i get download speeds of up to 150kbps and at night 200 to 300kbps. Quite fast, but i dunno how the service is in lag o! The last time i was in ikeja the 3G service on glo was fluctuatin during the day, but in kd it always stable.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by 3D1: 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2012
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]Bros I have etisalat, MTN and Zain but I think the most reliable NOW among all of them is MTN.
I think you should try in another location or u try ETISALAT. some time the Qos, mostly the speed and availability depend on your area.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by Krosslife(m): 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2012
Please, i really need your advice. I want to setup a cafe with 5 clients PCs at a village outskirt Abeokuta, which network and modem do you advice i buy that can serve this purpose? Your recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by NnaNna4(m): 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2012
Pls When u contribute state whr u r writing from it seems different networks rule in different regions.
In kadna etisalat,is cheaper, mtn is better but my manager in Kano say Glo is the best even though in kd here
mtn rules while etisalat is economically viable
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by Bossman(m): 11:21pm On Feb 12, 2012
Again, thanks for your responses fellows. I will pickup GLO in addition to my MTN. As I mentioned, last April when I was there, trying to browse with MTN was painful most of the time. At lest I will have another option this time. Also, do GLO sims come data activated and all I have to do is add the APN to my device, or does one need to activate the sim for data separately, besides the sim registration? With MTN, all I did was register the sim and add the APN to my device.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2012
Most of these 1.5mpbs you are seeing is a result of Downloading activity. As soon as you stop downloading it drops down when you are now doing normal browsing. If you want to enjoy Glo WCDMA use Glo netpro. If you want to save some cash on, Maybe you can consider browsing for free then get my softie from http://smallbusiness.com.ng/freebrowsing.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by emmabowin(m): 12:14am On Feb 13, 2012
in benin,none compares to Glo, period
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by MrResource(m): 4:20am On Feb 13, 2012
GLO HSPDA is stable here in Enugu.Same with Airtel.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by agiboma(f): 6:09am On Feb 13, 2012
I am currently using etisilat, which is fast and 90% reliable. I recently left starrcomms which gave problems to connect. MTN i would never waste my money with them again, IMO they where the worst. I have not tried GLO so i cant comment on that. IMO you should get 2 carriers just to be safe.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by nevosys(m): 8:42am On Feb 13, 2012
Glo is the best, use glo
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by chyzoo4u(m): 9:02am On Feb 13, 2012
Can sumone help me? I subscribed for Glo Always macro but the connection disconnects automatically weneva a page is loaded. Am using universal modem of which Icreated Gloflat profile. Could it be dat I must use Glo modem? Since Glo network sieze to appear on D Glo modem interface in my lappy. Plz if u hav any solution help. Thanks
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by gentlegg(m): 10:22am On Feb 13, 2012
I have been using MTN 3g service since 2009 and it have been okay, at least their downtime has been very rare and averagely fast. But since January 24th i switched to GLO (just recently got to know that GLO have 3g network coverage in my area). And since that 24th till now am typing this reply GLO is faster and has never stopped working for a minute, of course am always connected through out daytime.

Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by redleich(m): 10:54am On Feb 13, 2012
Etisalat is the BOMB when it comes to speed and relaibility.
Their 3.75G HSDPA+ really rocks [plus] the 30% bonus you get for any plan you subscribe to.
I use my Nokia N900 as a modem to connect via Bluetooth DUN to teether to my Laptop or tablet
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by gmcbiz(m): 11:47am On Feb 13, 2012
no network in nigeria is as reliable as etisalat

if u know your way around, you could even cut down cost of your internet subscription
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by Tokotaya: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2012
I've used Starcomms and MTN Fastlink for a while. For Ikeja, I'd recommend MTN. I've done upwards of 1mb download speed. For those who have tried to watch Yahoo News Videos in Nigeria, it can be a very frustrating experience, using most of the so called broadband connections. With most modems on the market, the video plays in fits and starts and most annoyingly, you cannot pause and go on to do other things to return when it has fully downloaded. The experience with MTN is different. On a good day, you can watch Yahoo News Videos with MTN Fastlink. Only trouble is, it sometimes stalls for minutes if not hours, for no just reason. If you are patient, when it is back, you forget the episode. Oh, and you tend to exaust your package too soon lately, or is it that I download too much these days?
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by Krosslife(m): 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2012
Please, i really need your advice. I want to setup a cafe with 5 clients PCs at a village outskirt Abeokuta, which network and modem do you advice i buy that can serve this purpose? Your recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by gmcbiz(m): 1:49pm On Feb 13, 2012
@krosslife, contact me and i will give u the ultimate solution u need to run ur cafe economically
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by Krosslife(m): 5:34pm On Feb 13, 2012
@gmc.biz
Please, share it with me here because i need it urgently.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by johnshagb(m): 6:22pm On Feb 13, 2012
W3xy1:

i use glo here in ilorin. Wcdma is only stable during the day while hsdpa is stable at night/early morning
i guess you are lucky cos glo is very very [b]UN[/b]stable in my area. it disconnects like every seconds which annoys me angry. i live in tanke/oke odo area. But airtel always come to the rescue smiley
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by FEMARY1: 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2012
glo is cool it tell you.

Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by JaaizTech: 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2012
The truth is it all comes down to where you are located, in some areas Glo is 10 times better than MTN, while in some areas Glo is shit and Etisalat is king. My advice to you is to do a test run before settling down for any. A sim is just 100 bucks and you can do a test run with 500 bucks subscription or even 100 naira. Afterwards take your decision. But from where I am Glo is king.
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by UncleJJ(m): 9:40pm On Feb 13, 2012
Please, guys stop decieving yourselves at the moment - MTN is the most reliable network in the country. I have got a huawei 3+ mbs modem and downloading maxes @ 350 - 400 depending on various times of the day.

I have used etisalat, glo and airtel. In this country, the internet is ruled by the broadband providers and MTN has the widest coverage for this service.

I travel btw lasgidi - abuja and maiduguri - during transit i am able to check mails and browse comfortably 70% of the time. Yes, mtn has the most expensive tarrif, i guess but if you really use the internet to download movies , torrent, stream on myspace, check emails build websites and do a little internet marketing now and then , the internet must have become a very important part of who u are. If your life is anything like this ur probably using MTN.

I spend 16k a month - which is 10gb a month. My friend uses triple of this, cos he watches p.o.r.n.hub alot. Dont waste your time just use mtn.

Whenever there is service problem try one of the following

- restart ur modem
- refresh ur network using the network settings
- change ur dns between opendns or googledns
- use a proxy like ultrasurf

I also use mtn to rdp to my remote server. Been using mtn for close to 6 months now, and i wont say they dont have issues however if u really wanna use the internet and not just check mail and facebook e.t.c once a while use mtn. No has the coverage or xperience. Maybe etisalat in the future but before they catch up e go hard.  wink
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by Next2Bezee(m): 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2012
@xtremeidea

Your modem is amazing!!! shocked Any Idea how i could get 1 and dump this MTN fake 7.2mb/s modem?
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by dalu: 4:41am On Feb 14, 2012
swift
Re: 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN? by xtremeidea(m): 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
Next2Bezee:

@xtremeidea

Your modem is amazing!!! shocked Any Idea how i could get 1 and dump this MTN fake 7.2mb/s modem?

Yeah, just visit computer villa in Lagos and tell them u want a 10mbps modem, better still get a 21mbps modem. mine was bought in the U.K.

Features Of The New Itel A70 / Camera Test: Tecno Camon C8 13MP Camera Image Quality That Will WOW You / Gionee Elife E6 Specs/review

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51