Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Hotel Website Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hotel Website Review (986 Views)

How To Create Hotel Website With Wordpress / Need A Website Developer To Design a 4 Star Hotel Website...ASAP / How Much Is Least Expected To Design A Hotel Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hotel Website Review by smartsoft(m): 5:53am On Oct 19, 2007
humm okay you guys just review and tell me what you all think please  http://www.smartsoftngr.com/ikeja/ make una no insult me oo like una they insult baba Afam ! just say your mind anyway. Though i'm going to use an Intro for it,  just uploaded this for you guys to tell me where i'm pretty wrong
Re: Hotel Website Review by onydchic(f): 7:59am On Oct 19, 2007
Dude, ur site is unreachable.
Re: Hotel Website Review by smartsoft(m): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2007
urge you to check again, i rebooted the server ! it's up nw check it
Re: Hotel Website Review by nduaj(m): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2007
Nice, NIce, Nice, Nice, mi very impressed.

hope you get the contratct for the final job
Re: Hotel Website Review by xanadu: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2007
@smartsoft, well done!!

I know it's just a demo and there are still lots of things you are yet to implement, but I SIMPLY love the layout. Why? In this era of 'cinemas' on web pages with flash etc, the site is very refreshing. I think the design is clean, and the three images on the left look good too.

However (of course, there's always a 'however', isn't there?), you might want to look at starting to fade the main image at the top of the page a bit later - i.e. start fading perhaps about halfway towards the right. Hope you understand what I mean. The issue with that is, where your text ('one must be out of doors etc) overlaps onto the image, it may not be clear/visible enough. Perhaps you can consider increasing the outline of the text to about 1 point, with a black colour, so it stands out where it overlaps onto the image.

Again - well done for such a refreshing and clean design.
Re: Hotel Website Review by smartsoft(m): 9:40am On Oct 19, 2007
ya ! well they have alot they have not given me though all that was just crafted by me plus the logo  and sort of,  the IT MANAGER just ask me to go get a demo and humm a proposal, because he was in charge of the  contract ! but don't know what do charge oo because i want to force them to go  dynamic website,  later before i submit finally i will have an intro flash ! for them but i don't have an idea of what to charge though,   i don't want to scare them away, 

The first time i got there i fumbled. why did i fumbled, the IT MANAGER just attacked me "HOW MUCH WILL IT COST" i just mentioned a price and it didn't say anything, what he said was " Okay" can you gives some website you've done ! anyway i showed him. to me the pricei mentioned was damn to small !after figuring out amount of stressi will put to it,   now for me to be able to beat up that price up, i need to force them to go dynamic, though according to my Pastor who hooked me up said the deal is mine lol but i need to have an average price ! what do you guys think

Really an Hotel website should be able to allow customers to book online and pay via interswitch or whatever and give them their invoice after payment made, i want to put features like Live Chat e.t.c you guys should let me know other feature i should put again ! 

Thanks once again for your comment
Re: Hotel Website Review by smartsoft(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2007
Guys someone said i should finish the site and give them ? can't that be possible huh ? heheheh na i can't because if i do and they finally get it, they might tell me they are no more intrested and by so doing, that should tell me they just rip me off, abi wetin una think ? anyway more critism ?
Re: Hotel Website Review by my2cents(m): 10:09am On Oct 19, 2007
smartsoft,

if there were a clapping emoticon, that is what I would have put here. I am impressed. Well done! One thing I have noticed with you is that like old wine, your sites get better with time. I think I am going to come and work for you cool

I use FF and noticed that the "Demo website designed by : Smartsoft Business Solutions" is outside the confines of the bottom border. Look into it.

Also, in general (I know that this is a demo), make sure you use actual photos of the hotel. I personally would hate to be lured by the photos only to find out that what I see on the site is nothing like what actually exists.

Finally, with respect to the online reservations, are you able (or will you be able) to hook up with/do they even have a DB of rooms and what rooms are available and who is staying in what room? Again, I know this is a demo, but as they say, be careful what you ask for. If you can make it happen, even better. Otherwise, I would probably go for what I have seen a lot on Nigerian sites - an invoice generator which the user can print out and take to the bank.

I hope these help. Once again, good job!
Re: Hotel Website Review by Afam(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2007
Cool simple accessible design.

Lose the vertical scrolling bar.

As regards online reservation, it will be a good idea to propose it, the website can show what rooms are occupied at any particular point in time with the rates, shots etc.

That will be a good reason to ask for a higher price for the project.

The interswitch feature will only work when you have something you need to pay for so if you are not going to implement that online reservation then lose the interswitch button.

If you have problems doing the programming stuff, just let me know, I will help for a small fee trust me.

Let me know when you are online, have something important to tell you but will do so on YIM.
Re: Hotel Website Review by smartsoft(m): 11:48am On Oct 19, 2007
oga 2cent, actually those pictures you saw there are coming from sheraton hotel, the fella who gave me the deal is the IT MANAGER at sheraton,  so he has ask me to use those pictures anywhich way i should just bring a demo, so that he can introduce me to one lady director like that at sheraton and deal will be sealed, 

Humm you see my laptop crashed and what i have left now is ma desktop computer, i will install FF and get those thing Fixed, 

To that invoice,  i think i will have to covince them more in my proposal on how they can benefit from it. no need to take invoice to Bank, all they will have to do is to take Invoice to the Customer care and he/she will confirm that in the database and handover the room keys to  customer simple as that !

Them no give me any information ooo what i only got is the pic,  !
At afami i didn't discuss the Interswitch Platform with them, but they will be glad having that ! i will discuss that with them. if okay i will log on and chat with ya now
Re: Hotel Website Review by onydchic(f): 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2007
Good job! I like the simplicity.
However u might want to ad a bit of padding to the top nav, the ''Home" link is too close to the edge of the box. U might also want to centralise it vertically. Oh, and the Interswitch logo, a bit big and blurry.
Other than which I can honestly say it's perfect.
Re: Hotel Website Review by evergie(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2007
Afam, can i contact you? i want to have you on a project
Re: Hotel Website Review by somze(f): 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2007
Its unreachable
Re: Hotel Website Review by Afam(m): 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2007
evergie:

Afam, can i contact you? i want to have you on a project

If the project has to do with PHP and MySQL I am game.

With these two, as far as the web is concerned all options are on the table.

Just make sure you take the design aspect far from Afam.
Re: Hotel Website Review by uspry1(f): 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2007
I loved it! - - - simplicity, efficiency, and consistency looking to attract customers booking faster.

Still need to add the wording "Sheraton" next to Ikeja Palace Hotel that way tourists know this is real site matching their online hotel/travel site they look for.

Without it (Sheraton), tourists will think fake site using real hotel pictures.
Re: Hotel Website Review by smartsoft(m): 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2007
really ? hahaha humm na thru oo i go add am lol
Re: Hotel Website Review by DDOTS1(m): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2007
deleted

(1) (Reply)

Pls Who Has Jrpassphrase Pro / Impossible Channels TV Job Advert And Responses From Members Of PHP Nigeria! / My Fresh Job Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.