Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg (17883 Views)

Remembering Lucky Dube, 6 Years After ! / Damino Damoche Shot Dead At LASU Gate / Which One Do U Prefer, Lucky Dube Or Bob Marley Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by benit(f): 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2007
He was my favourite. So painful
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by desgiezd(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2007
An extremely sad news. Why would they kill him simply because they wanted to snatch his car! I love this guy so much, love his voice to no end. This is simply too much for me. Africa is busy wasting her best!
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by onyekang1(f): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ poster

heard the news this morning on BBC and the info was dat he is 4m south Africa and not nigeria,and was shot in joburg.

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE. wat a loss cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Hugoboi(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2007
Heard it on the news.Tho I was not really into his music,its stil kinda hard to believe.I pray his soul finds solace with Jah.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by MRD1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2007
YOUR MESSAGE TO US WILL LONG OUT LIVE YOU,

RESPECT!!!

JAH BLESS  

JAH GUIDE
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by larriederm(m): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2007
may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by tododo(m): 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2007
rip
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by pgm(m): 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2007
I am really touched. it feels like the loss of a personal and dear friend. i feel kind of bereaved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by uche1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2007
Oh my word! I'm shocked, but then again,

I was forced to fall in love with Lucky Dube - for one whole year while sharing a house with friends. One of them was crazy about Lucky and swore that he needed to hear his music every morning or else his day would be crap.

I sympathised with myself but after a while, I could appreciate what he meant. Lucky's music is great.

Well Lucky, you've done your bit and you may be gone but your music will be here for years and years to come. Rest in peace. May God send comfort to his loved ones.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by pgm(m): 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2007
RIP LUCKY DUBE cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by redsun(m): 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2007
What a waste,a legend,may he live on.Black on black,ignorance and deprivation brought about by the evils of aparthiad,it will take time to heal,couple with the half dead politicians,a common feature in african politics.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by babaogus: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2007
This is a real shocker and to think that country will host the world in 2010.That guy is really going to be missed.His song i've got you babe is one of my finest ever, ADIEU,
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by cgift(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2007
I hope the are not relegating religion to the background in that country? Crime rate is alarming!
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by ghettochyk(f): 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2007
Jesus, my heart is broken. I can't believe this. Now I'm at work crying. cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Nwaka77: 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2007
Lucky, May you Rest in Peace in the bossom of our Lord. Those who did this to you will reap the Evil fruits of their acts. One Love cry cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by saintchux(m): 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by slimes(m): 5:38pm On Oct 19, 2007
R.I.P Only God would avenge for u wat these guys have done. the wicked would not go unpunished says the bible.
Jah bless ur cold soul.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by yimiton(f): 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2007
Rest in Peace Lucky Dube
I've always loved him but I've never bought any of his albums.
I guess I'll buy all his albums now to honour him.

But why is south africa no notorous? didn't i hear sometime ago that they have the highest rape level?
I do feel bad here. Africans, we are loosing our values! cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by hopper(m): 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2007
May his soul rest in peace!
What a waste!!
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2007
What a senseless loss.
May God console his family and friends
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by PRINCEA31(m): 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2007
guyz, this is a terrible story, that means the rate of crime in south africa is on callfor !

my God help us.[tr][/tr] sad
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Greycells(m): 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2007
[May His Soul Rest in Peace Profound
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by DaUtch: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2007
( lipsrsealed shocked sad angryTo Bad,We Africans can't protect our BrotherHood,BlackMan kill BlackMan,Killing Future,Killin talent,killin humanity,Africa! which way are we goin?,Letz ambrace peace 4 life.1love

Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by silos(m): 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2007
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Babybee(f): 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2007
i learnt he was killed in front of his children, how cruel is that?
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by tellie(m): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2007
Men, this is PATHETIC!!!  sadI used to know South Africa to be a country with the highest crime rate. May God deliver us from this men of the underworld. cry cry cry cry cry cry
As for Lucky may his good work follow him into the grave. But i doubt if he is a Nigerian.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by eryck(m): 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2007
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE  cry cry cry
ONE THIN I KNW IS THAT HIS SONGS WERE UNIQUE, THEY ALL HAVE A MESSAGE ACROSS, I  WONDER WHY MESSANGERS NEVER LIVE LONG

THIS IS A SHAME TO SOUTH AFRICA FOR ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN TO AN ICON,
THIS GUY IS TOO GOOD, AFRICA WHEN WILL YAH GROW UP, WASTING HER BEST

MY HEART BLEEDS AS I TYPE.IMAGINE!!! IN THE PRESENCE OF HIS SON, THE TRAUMA HE HAS TO LIVE WITH THROUGH OUT HIS LIFE.

GOB IS ALWAYS MERCFIFUL THATS WHY THOSE ANIMALS ARE STILL ALIVE.

ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE IS THAT LUCKY IS IN A SAFE PLACE WITH HIS CREATOR STARING AT THE WORLD FULL OF EVIL. LIVE ON cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by smile4kenn(m): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2007
JAh knows it all.

JAH !!!!! Why not take the wicked presidents and leave Lucky Dube for us.

We JAH knows it all

HOw can one kill a good musician like DUBE, He preaches love and happies.

JAH KNOWS it all

MAY his soul rest in peace.

HE may be dead, but his name, his fan, his music, his voice lives for ever.

Jah knows it all
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by aquita(m): 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2007
what a great loss for the African continent! Rest in Peace, Lucky Dube. @omoge25, Lucky Dube was never a Nigerian;he was from South Africa. sad sad sad
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by seun001(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2007
A sad and painful loss to his family! cry sad

RIP,Dube,
ur legacies will certainly live after u.

hmmm!
Omoge25 had better edit her post to reflect his country of birth cos am already bored with repetitive corrections.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by ifyalways(f): 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2007
R.I.P what a loss ! cool
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by 9ja4eva: 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2007
What a loss?

Sure it wasnt armed robbers as reported.How armed robbers go look am shoot am?Maybe the government sponsored the killing

May his soul R.I.P

Africa not again,

Dead or Alive he is going to remain a living legend

@People wey think say 9ja no safe

Dis one no happen for 9ja oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fireboy DML Playboy: Album Of The Decade / P-square vs Styl-Plus / Mr Shaa Ft. Bobrisky - Barbie (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.