Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg (17872 Views)

Remembering Lucky Dube, 6 Years After ! / Damino Damoche Shot Dead At LASU Gate / Which One Do U Prefer, Lucky Dube Or Bob Marley Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by anusule(m): 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2007
RIP,

i startd listening 2 lucky when i was in primary school, his songs are touching,

here's one:
, i called mama on the telephone and told her mama, im getting married,
i loved that song, though cant remember d beginning,

may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by holythug(m): 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2007
y do most reggae artist av to die hard

RIP angry embarassed
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by owinash(m): 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2007
wow!!! whats going on in the world today? well its a mystery i suppose, or is the world truely coming to an end as the holy book says, well its a shocking news to me cos Lucky dube was a legend who tried to preach with his music and now see, well from we hear  we morn with the rest of his numerous fans out there, may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace, amen
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by kunledarmani(m): 8:15pm On Oct 19, 2007
WELL LANDERS,

LUCKY DUBE IS DEAD, WOW R.I.P, TO HIM, WELL FOR THOSE OF UNA WEY NO KNOW SAY LUCKY NO BE NIGERIAN OOOO.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by guguru: 8:16pm On Oct 19, 2007
it's a pity--poor people killing poor people
killers of Lucky Dube be warned--at the right time i'll come to freeze u
whatever guan+pa,whatever dertiwi zibbb, u fear less and don't care for the poor boy

ur' soul shall,

R.I.P Lucky Dube!!!
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by sagitarius(m): 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2007
he's not even a politician, why would a blooody south African want 2 kill him? Don't really understand, may his soul rest in peace. cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by iyken(m): 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2007
Oh LORD! have mercy. Lucky Dube dead?? Oh life.

Adios! Dube,Adios!

I shall be playin ur Track "Remember Me"

Life indeed is vanity. cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by iyken(m): 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2007
Oh LORD! have mercy. Lucky Dube dead?? Oh life.

Adios! Dube,Adios!

I shall be playin ur Track "Remember Me"I wish we had an Audio upload in this forum

Life indeed is vanity.  cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by 9ja4eva: 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2007
Sad sad
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by dada22(m): 8:56pm On Oct 19, 2007
IMAGINE DAT !! A MAN'S TRYING TO MAKE OTHERS SEE HOPE & REAL MEANING OF LIFE,

SOME PEOPLE THINK HE HAS TO GO ! DA SAME WULD HAVE BEEN FOR TUFACE(BUT THANK GOD).

PLEASE PEOPLE LETS START 2 MAKE A CHANGE BY RESPECTING EACH OTHER COS DAT'S DA COS OF ALL THESE CRIMES.

IF WE RESPECT LIFE,NO ONE 'LL TINK OF ENDING ANODA'S

I LUV ALL NIARALANDERS & EVERYONE WHO RESPECTS LIFE !

R.I.P LUCKY,UR LIFE IS A LESSON TO EVERYONE WHO NEVA KNEW WAT RESPECT 4 LIFE MEANT.JAH BLESS ME ALL!

FOR THOSE IN S/AFRICA,PLS SHOW HIS FAMILY LUV & RESPECT BY ATTENDING HIS FUNERAL, PEACE
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by medube(m): 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2007
May his soul rest in perfect peace and may God give his family the strength to overcome this hard period. He was truly a great musician, freedom fighter and true African and this is infact a great loss to the entire Reggae world.  cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by jayvin01: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2007
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2007
SOuth Africa is the worst place on this planet to live, naija is cool, if u hold ur side, but in south africa,, THEY EVEN RAPE MEN, They dnt care if they have aids, ,, i wonder why our people even go there, yet they treat us like shit, Its time we tell South africa to F**K off, and stop tryin to act like America, they dnt deserve the world cup, because criminals will extorte tourists, thats how i see it,
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by oge4real(f): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2007
this is really sad news.
Anyway, his record will sell more now that he is dead because that is the trend with most stars.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by niceuzor: 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2007
A Legend is gone cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by shabangur(m): 11:13pm On Oct 19, 2007
My fellow county man-RIP.He will be missed by many reggae supporters.Condolenses to his family and friends.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by fakedavid: 11:19pm On Oct 19, 2007
May his gentle soul rest in peace.

If this happened in nigeria - everybody will cry that the world cup hosting plan of 2010 should be shelved due to the high rate of crime.
SA has the highest crime rate in the world.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by omoge25(f): 11:21pm On Oct 19, 2007
I didnt put he was a nigerian.
I know that Lucky Dube is not naija, na oga seun edit my post

And im not happy about it, especially when the informtion added is incorrect.  If you had a chance to read it when i orignally posted it nothing about Lucky Dube being a naija artist was mentioned.

But in the end its still sad new , I heard he had an album coming out this year.
RIP Lucky Dube
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by mukina2: 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2007
sad May his soul rest in peace sad
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Danfo(m): 11:51pm On Oct 19, 2007
Lucky Dube's voice sounded so much like Peter Tosh's voice when singing. And I find it ironic that Peter Tosh was also 43 years of age when he was shot.

Lucky was a musical genius.

May GOD have mercy upon the departed soul of Lucky Dube. Amen.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by tellie(m): 12:10am On Oct 20, 2007
Anusule that Lucky Dube's track i think the title is ITS SO EASY is also myb favourite. I love the message soooooo much. Once again may his soul rest in PEACE.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by odada(m): 12:35am On Oct 20, 2007
May his soul rest in peace,its a pity am doing this post pretty late but my boiz and I have been doing alotta guzzling after work after hours when th news broke!just got home but nuff respect ti the king of reggae in Africa and the next best thing to Bob Marley----1love and my condolences to his wife and kids.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by nguage(m): 1:42am On Oct 20, 2007
Is it a sin to live in Africa? Lucky Dube is not the only international artiste that has been attacked in SA this year (See Keith Murray). I don't wanna get all emo on this shit.
May the lord rest this soul of this humble Rasta.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by hbrednic: 2:50am On Oct 20, 2007
weep not for the falling prophet,rather weep for those that have his blood in their hands,
because they will never find peace in this world nor in the world after.
the day of death, is better than the day of birth, says the bible, because the death has nothing more to do with this wicked world.
gone too soon just like the prophets b/4 him,but his message of hope, peace and social injustice will exit from generation to generation.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by omoge(f): 3:03am On Oct 20, 2007
RIP man, one love.

Raggae fan sad
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Islander(f): 3:11am On Oct 20, 2007
Such a sad story. Had the opportunity to see this man live in concert af ew years ago in my islands along with Beres Hammond, and Burning Spear, Lucky was a legend in his own right.

RIP ,
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by savesoul(m): 7:03am On Oct 20, 2007
I just heard the news this morning , i was shocked to my bone marrow.
My sister loves his song to the extent she forced me to like it too and i i started enjoying it
I am sad, pissed, angry, remorse, and,
I cant believe i was crying when i heard the news !!!!! cry cry cry
Rest in Peace and may u rest in the bossom of Jehova
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by noel76(m): 7:29am On Oct 20, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked OH WAT A SHAME! HEARD ABT IT LAST NITE. DUBE HAPPENS TO B MY BEST REGGAE ART. AFTER BOB. WELL, THEY HAV SUCCEEDED IN KILLING HIM, BT HE LIVES ON IN OUR HEART TRU HIS MUSIK, LIVE ON LEGEND, LIVE ON.

LOI, SOUTH AFRICA HAS THE HIGHEST CASES OF IN AFRICA TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT @ SESEN
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by alisigwe(m): 11:49am On Oct 20, 2007
It's really sad the way we africans are going abt killing folks that are putting US on the world map,THE whole thing reminds me that even the strongest, leaves when the time calls,i wonder if all this struggling and sleepless nights just to blow,is worth it.
R I P LEGEND.GOD KNOWZ
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by davedesire(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2007
YEAH IT'S SAD TO HEAR THE NEWS ABOUT HIM BEING SHUT. SO BAD FOR US AFRICANS, I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHERE WE STAND ANYMORE. HOW CAN SOMEONE SHUT A MAN THAT COULDN'T HURT A FLY, A GREAT REGGAE ARTIST FOR THAT MATTER. JESUS, THIS CONTINENT CALLED AFRICA, NEEDS SERIOUS PRAYERS FOR US AND OUR PEOPLE.

THATS THE SAME THING IN NIGERIA, ARTIST, ACTORS, INTERNATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER ARE BEING ATTACKED ALMOST EVERY TIME THEY VISIT THE COUNTRY. IT'S SO SAD, I FEEL FOR OUR CONTINENT. PLEASE LETS ALL PRAY FOR PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2007
just heard a couple of his classic tunes on the radio
that guy could really sing

i think his very good songs cut it for me better than bob marlie's

RIP rasta
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by smartsoft(m): 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2007
You see when i heard the sudden dealth of my great man ! i cryed, people was justa saying why are you crying ! they never knew the guy inspired me alot with his music, i love him so much. which i can i travle to south africa, and sing one of his reggaie song for him paying him the last repest ! he actually inspired to sing gospel raggaie songs,

Humm ths is life na wa oo i think say na only nigeria theifs they oo i no no say, the thing spread like water.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fireboy DML Playboy: Album Of The Decade / P-square vs Styl-Plus / "Ewo, If You Help Me See Ego, Make You Tell Am I Don Go"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.