Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife (30093 Views)

Wole Soyinka “when You Marry An Illiterate Woman, You Make Stupid Decisions Like / When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife - Wole Soyinka / When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife,You Make silly Decisions Like Jona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by omar22(m): 7:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
When You Marry An Illiterate Woman as a Wife, You Make Stupid Decisions Like Jonathan – Wole Soyinka

The American President has only TWO aircraft, our president has 9[Nine] in his fleet and was voted money recently to buy ONE more! Making it TEN!

The British prime Minister has only TWO official cars, our president has 23 in his pool and only recently voted 300Million Naira to buy TWO more bullet/bomb proof ones!
Senators in the US earn about $6,000 dollars monthly and that’s about what a university professor, or a director in a state department, or a doctor with 20years experience, or a teacher with 25years experience earn too, but Here in Nigeria a senator earns 245 million Naira per annum! That’s the salary of 25 vice chancellors, or 50 medical doctors, or 60 directors, or 500 school teachers!
The US, almost the size of Africa with about 300million people have 24 ministers, and 32 government parastatals and commisions, Nigeria has a whooping 42 cabinet ministers, and over 50[Fifty] government parastatals!
America with about 500million people and more mileage to drive consumes 39million litres of petrol daily, Nigeria with 150million people 60% out of which live in remote areas, yet our government tells us we consume about 35million litres of petrol daily!
2. Is Subsidy Really the Problem of Nigeria?

‘When you marry an illiterate woman as a wife, you will definitely make stupid decisions like Jonathan’: wole soyinka spoke!

Our Dear President Good Luck Jonathan has become a tyrant, a shandel, a shame, he has become the No.1 Enemy of Nigeria. Is this because we, Nigeria are yet to adopt to CHANGE? Change that only Jonathan can see? The End will justify everything. Pray for Nigeria! Pray for our Beloved Country!

8 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by PeeDaVinci: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2012
i doubt if wole soyinka will ever make that statement
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by omar22(m): 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2012
Well!!!! only a few has the balls to say such thing and Soyinka is one of them
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by ASOROCKb(m): 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2012
PeeDaVinci:

i doubt if wole soyinka will ever make that statement

Me too.
@op, link will do
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by solihu(m): 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2012
Wow! Some hot smoking truth!
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by omar22(m): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2012
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by ijigbamigb(m): 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2012
omar22:

http://talkofnaija.com/News/newsdetailsone.aspx?NewsId=8FB997C1-045D-4C86-A458-0212E95D591C
and u think talkofnaija is a credible reference, I sense some mago-mago here, cus if its true Abati would have reacted.
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 14, 2012
Literary style is like a signature, If I see Soyinka's sentence, I will recognize one immediately. Be your own man and stop riding on the voice of others!

omar22:

When You Marry An Illiterate Woman as a Wife, You Make silly Decisions Like Jonathan – Wole Soyinka

The American President has only TWO aircraft, our president has 9[Nine] in his fleet and was voted money recently to buy ONE more! Making it TEN!

The British prime Minister has only TWO official cars, our president has 23 in his pool and only recently voted 300Million Naira to buy TWO more bullet/bomb proof ones!
Senators in the US earn about $6,000 dollars monthly and that’s about what a university professor, or a director in a state department, or a doctor with 20years experience, or a teacher with 25years experience earn too, but Here in Nigeria a senator earns 245 million Naira per annum! That’s the salary of 25 vice chancellors, or 50 medical doctors, or 60 directors, or 500 school teachers!
The US, almost the size of Africa with about 300million people have 24 ministers, and 32 government parastatals and commisions, Nigeria has a whooping 42 cabinet ministers, and over 50[Fifty] government parastatals!
America with about 500million people and more mileage to drive consumes 39million litres of petrol daily, Nigeria with 150million people 60% out of which live in remote areas, yet our government tells us we consume about 35million litres of petrol daily!
2. Is Subsidy Really the Problem of Nigeria?

‘When you marry an illiterate woman as a wife, you will definitely make silly decisions like Jonathan’: wole soyinka spoke!

Our Dear President Good Luck Jonathan has become a tyrant, a shandel, a shame, he has become the No.1 Enemy of Nigeria. Is this because we, Nigeria are yet to adopt to CHANGE? Change that only Jonathan can see? The End will justify everything. Pray for Nigeria! Pray for our Beloved Country!

Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by omamokta: 11:55am On Feb 14, 2012
who is wole soyinka's wife?
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by SAFO(m): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2012
What's scary is that there is so much truth in it. undecided
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by omar22(m): 6:36pm On May 04, 2012
hA HA HA HA HA HA
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by belovedaja(m): 12:50am On May 05, 2012
I doubt it too
PeeDaVinci: i doubt if wole soyinka will ever make that statement
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by cfours: 7:51am On Jan 08, 2013
OUCH
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 08, 2013
Utter rubbish. Soyinka has more sense than that. He certainly would never make such uncharitable comments for any reason whatsoever. Since when did it become a crime to be illiterate, or to marry someone that is illiterate? In any case, we all know Patience is a graduate, which makes her far from 'illiterate'.
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 08, 2013
D opposition won't stop at nothing dz days. We know how KONGI choose his words nd nt ds cheap choice of words.
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by abrat: 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
I think the op is garrulous. Wole Soyinka cannot make that statement without Rueben Abati firing back. Hey!! we are not backward here.
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by surveyProf(m): 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
Thread close!
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by Andybaby: 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
it may not have anything to do with Jonathan. It could be his advisers advising him to buy more presidential jets. Patience Jonathan is a graduate of biology and psychology.
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by redsun(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
Gej himself is an illiterate,just because he has a "nigerian doctorate degree" does not make him learned.An average nigerian educated like him can sometimes not be as rational as reception pupil in a normal society because they are not reasoning.Their education is more of that of zombies,reading and copying without basic initiative.No common sense whatsover.

The taste of the pudding is in the eating.If you say you are are educated,you prove it by acting rationally,contructively and productively.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by karmrash: 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
I absolutely disagree somebdy of wole soyinka wl made such statement given his level of his exposure and education whoever dt wl make suc statmt must b fool
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by redsun(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
I was surprised when they said Soyinka supported the appointment of the first lady thief as the perm sec.I know he wont condescend that low.

Gej is a scheming maga.
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by lagcity(m): 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
I don't believe this story one bit. Not my Soyinka!
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Written by another Wole Soyinka not Kongi
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by danjohn: 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
pro01: Utter rubbish. Soyinka has more sense than that. He certainly would never make such uncharitable comments for any reason whatsoever. Since when did it become a crime to be illiterate, or to marry someone that is illiterate? In any case, we all know Patience is a graduate, which makes her far from 'illiterate'.

We do not have to be diplomatic about Patience. She may have gone to school, but school didn't go through her. Notwithstanding, the poster made a very elitist statement. Being illiterate is not a crime. There are many educated people who lack common sense while there are many self-educated people who lack paper credentials. Everybody's story is different, and we shouldn't judge somebody negatively simply because they do not have a piece of paper from a University. Please remember that "na condition dey make crayfish bend."

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by ba7man(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
The wife you choose to spend your life with is surely a reflection of who you really are. I wonder how Patience and Goodluck found common ground to build a relationship....I don't even want to imagine the amount of grammatical errors that has been shared in their relationship.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by Okeomooke(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
Am not suprise n der is no doubt dat wole soyinka had said so,because he can talk 2 anybdy.
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by Gbawe: 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
It is obvious, for many reasons, that Soyinka did not write this.
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by seunfly: 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by ojeoguc: 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
Our great wole know the meaning of illetrate so he Cannot say that trash . And he cannot make any political word without any relaible news media publishing it . So I think this is one of those child play .
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by queensmith: 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
PeeDaVinci: i doubt if wole soyinka will ever make that statement

you took the words outta my mouth!
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by Abbott(m): 8:41am On Jan 09, 2013
ba7man: The wife you choose to spend your life with is surely a reflection of who you really are. I wonder how Patience and Goodluck found common ground to build a relationship....I don't even want to imagine the amount of grammatical errors that has been shared in their relationship.

Haba! Guy that was not charitable @ all @ ...I don't even want to imagine the amount of grammatical errors that has been shared in their relationship cheesy
Re: Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife by XOXOlala: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
However,this article is written by wole soyinka or NOT, there is a message therein. Both the President and his wife have both dispaly some form of Illiteracy in the case of discharging their duties . They do not have even common native intelligent. What kind of graduates are they? A man his house is on fire he is busy chasing rat. who is the President of Nigeria? Man or wife? She will only show herself as graduate when she return to her closet and pray for her husband and only do the things that a wife ( help mate) should do, emback on projects meant for First ladies and not broke protocol leaving her husband in the plane, rush down to shake hands. We are Africas, we are Nigerians for crying out loud, we still have respect for people. The crown of a woman is her husband, you can complete the rest... Is high time people use any means to say the truth. it must not be Soyinka. The Brouhaha in River state is attributed to the same "Mrs wife" with due respect am also a woman, a wife to a Honorable, a respected Hon. who chairs lots of wards and commands troop. I know my limit,because am a graduate, there are things common sense will not even allow you to do. In short fellow nairalanders, we need prayer and revolution. God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Arrives Borno In Style. Picture / Buhari, Macron Meet At The Champs-élysées In Paris (photos) / Oshiomhole Wins APC Senatorial Ticket In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.