Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:56 AM

What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? (102925 Views)

What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / Photos: Peter Obi Doing Early-Morning Exercise At His Onitsha GRA Home / Gov. Peter Obi Doing Bowling In One Of His World Class Roads (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by chuksikem(m): 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2012
What exactly is peter obi doing in Anambra state? angry angry

Am confused to say the least, please someone should tell me because the anambra i visited has degenerated so much, cry

90 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by MrGlobe(m): 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2012
Nothing exactly my brother. I posted a thread earlier comparing him with Theodore orji of Abia state and everybody agreed he is worse. I went to Awka the capital and it was an eyesore. No roads, no planning, no infrastructure etc. There is absolutely no govt in anambra state.

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2012

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, he is doing exactly what the people elected him to come do again. I mean for a man with meagre list of accomplishments during his first time, why else would he had been re-elected if not to continue the same?? undecided undecided undecided

^^^I'm trying to, but i can't fault your reasoning. angry angry angry angry

149 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by chuksikem(m): 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2012
Was in awka some days back ,its really shameful, my heart bleeds for my state, from amansea to awka is still the same, pothole riddled roads,non-functioning street lights,refuse littering the entire state capital from arroma junction down to Ziks avenue, ,arthur eze,unizik junction,court road,udoka housing estate etc are still the same, no changes at all, the state capital still looks like a glorified village, angry

Civil servants and pensioners are been owed [b]3MONTHS [/b]salary, so many abandoned projects yet the woman sounding governor is always in abuja 24/7.

Please peter obi's handlers on nl should please enlighten us, angry angry

A state that has the highest number of successful human beings in the entire black nation, it hurts, cry cry

Wish soludo had won , undecided undecided

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2012
Make Chino catch una.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by aljharem(m): 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, he is doing exactly what the people elected him to come do again. I mean for a man with meagre list of accomplishments during his first time, why else would he had been re-elected if not to continue the same?? undecided undecided undecided

Good response !!!

@ OP

he is doing his job undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by chuksikem(m): 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Make Chino catch una.

We are all passionate about our state regardless of where we live, am just concerned as a bona fide citizen of Anambra and i wish only the best for her, cool cool

I spent [b]22[/b]years of my life in that glorious state,my Mum stays in the state till date ,so i know what am talking about, the state is not getting the attention it deserves, i challenge anybody to prove me wrong. undecided undecided

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by MrGlobe(m): 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Classic response! But this would have been true if the people actually voted the lame. I remember he was announcing everywhere that the election was being flawed (watched it on the net) when he sensed ngige was winning. Ngige actually won the election according to what ve heard and seen but then its Nigeria

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Valon4ego(m): 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2012
here we go again!
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 14, 2012
I have had cause to pass through Onitsha and Awka (even spending a night in the former), and all I could do was shake my head.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:38am On Feb 15, 2012
HNosegbe:

I have had cause to pass through Onitsha and Awka (even spending a night in the former), and all I could do was shake my head.

^^^Inasmuch as there have been concerted efforts over the decades by the Bastards that've controlled gov't at the centre to deny Ndigbo an enabling economic environment that will give us the tools to develop and improve our lot, i'm of the opinion that -the pitfalls and diabolical scheming notwithstanding- we ought have progressed far better in all indices than is presently the case.

What we as a people have done is to rest on our battered oars, and be content with progressing at a pace dictated by the centre: a centre that until recently didn't give two shi*ts about tapping into the relative strengths of the human and material resources that abound in the region. I'm no Nostradamus but i can tell you for nothing that this nonsense WILL CONTINUE for as long as we collectively refuse to take our destiny in our hands, and chart a developmental course driven, managed and funded mainly by Ndigbo at home and in diaspora.

We have not been too bright (putting it mildly) in electing Sons/Daughters into public office that have the vision, zeal and mental capacity to take their respective constituencies to a higher enviable level. Of the five states in the South East, i can honestly say (and i'm entitled to my opinion) that i have a positive feeling for the state leadership in only two (Imo and Enugu), and i'm sure any nuetral observer will agree with me. The rest states just seem to have clueless gov'ts that haven't got the faintest idea how to manage and bring out the best in their people/resources. They seem to have no vision on where to take their states and it seems they ran for office just to be called 'Your Excellency'.

Also, our representatives in Assembly and Federal Gov't seem to be there just for what they can get out it, and it seems they're afraid to take the President to task on promises yet unfulfilled: like the Onitsha River Port that we were told would be commissioned in Oct' last year. Yet you hear of private and gov't projects being planned and commissioned almost on a fortnightly basis in other regions.

One of our problems seems to be the fact we don't have a 'leader'; someone that can knock heads together, tell it as it is and get things done; someone that would enable us think and speak with one voice, with everyone pulling in one direction.

Oh well!!! God dey.

136 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by chuksikem(m): 10:21am On Feb 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Inasmuch as there have been concerted efforts over the decades by the Bastards that've controlled gov't at the centre to deny Ndigbo an enabling economic environment that will give us the tools to develop and improve our lot, i'm of the opinion that -the pitfalls and diabolical scheming notwithstanding- we ought have progressed far better in all indices than is presently the case.

What we as a people have done is to rest on our battered oars, and be content with progressing at a pace dictated by the centre: a centre that until recently didn't give two shi*ts about tapping into the relative strengths of the human and material resources that abound in the region. I'm no Nostradamus but i can tell you for nothing that this nonsense WILL CONTINUE for as long as we collectively refuse to take our destiny in our hands, and chart a developmental course driven, managed and funded mainly by Ndigbo at home and in diaspora.

We have not been too bright (putting it mildly) in electing Sons/Daughters into public office that have the vision, zeal and mental capacity to take their respective constituencies to a higher enviable level. Of the five states in the South East, i can honestly say (and i'm entitled to my opinion) that i have a positive feeling for the state leadership in only two (Imo and Enugu), and i'm sure any nuetral observer will agree with me. The rest states just seem to have clueless gov'ts that haven't got the faintest idea how to manage and bring out the best in their people/resources. They seem to have no vision on where to take their states and it seems they ran for office just to be called 'Your Excellency'.

Also, our representatives in Assembly and Federal Gov't seem to be there just for what they can get out it, and it seems they're afraid to take the President to task on promises yet unfulfilled: like the Onitsha River Port that we were told would be commissioned in Oct' last year. Yet you hear of private and gov't projects being planned and commissioned almost on a fortnightly basis in other regions.

One of our problems seems to be the fact we don't have a 'leader'; someone that can knock heads together, tell it as it is and get things done; someone that would enable us think and speak with one voice, with everyone pulling in one direction.

Oh well!!! God dey.

u hv said it all, sentiments played a major role whenever we elect our leaders, Obi is a monumental failure in all aspect, am sorry to say but its true, God bless our state.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by joeyfire(m): 11:18am On Feb 15, 2012
Anambra state is suffering because Peter Obi is busy with his day job as GEJ's Personal Assistant. Despite his boy -boy work in abuja, he has not been able to attract anything meaningful to the state from the centre. Anambra has suffered terrible, corrupt, clueless and backward leadership since back when. Besides the brief spark of Ngige there's been nobody else to write home about. From Mbadinuju, Andy Ubah to Peter Obi. I am hearing that the next person who will likely take over is Ifeanyi Uba of Capital Oil cry cry. We don suffer o!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by joeyfire(m): 11:20am On Feb 15, 2012
@ Chuksikem - meanwhile i havent been in lagos for a while but Badore, Ajah is my neighborhood, hope the rainstorm didnt flood the place
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by ifyalways(f): 11:57am On Feb 15, 2012
Peter Obi can best be described as a curse and bad omen to Anambarians.

When would his tenure evem expire?Oh jees,what a wicked,visionless man.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
I never expected much from a man whose voice rattles like a teenage lady's.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by DisGuy: 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
I thought people were celebrating the fact he has no debt!! or the state had the lowest debt profile  cool

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by BashMe1(m): 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2012
Na foolish Man now. During the tym of the removal of subsidy, he appeared the first Gov'nor to promise his ppl the great reward to attain from such federal move and urged them to go about their various biz. Inspite of the fact that nuffin is being done yet as a result of the so called REMOVAL, i still see him not doing a good thing till the end of his tenure. Shake Ma Head in despair. undecided angry

12 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by fleps(m): 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Oh well!!! God dey.
U too dey talk sef! Na just question them ask, u dey write term paper. Wel sha, d lines i read make sense, KUDOS!

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Chookym(m): 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2012
i

11 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by speeder(m): 1:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
I'm an Anambra indigene. Road construction has been zero all d way except for d one he's recently constructing at Onitsha. But most Anambras have an undoubting faith in him cos he signifies a sense of unity among d people. He has achieved alot in his administration among which are: he constructed over 500 borewholes in d state, he gave over 250 wheel chairs to d disabled, he alway attend any cultural activities organised by any locals wit their uniform on( this d major reason he is been loved by d people) and anmbra is d state wit d largest road network. To me i won't say he hasn't achieved anything but i'm yet to see any of his achievement that i would b proud of. But i sure ly

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Cupidkc(m): 1:33pm On Feb 15, 2012
Anambra hv seen them in different colours and sizes, i weep 4my home state.
You al hv said it al. Wel,lets hop d worst wl soon be ova. With d liks of
Ifeanyi Uba (Nnewi) - ceo capital oil &
Ndukwe Obi (Ihiala) -a politician.
Dont know who i trust the least in the two for governor.

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by SamMilla1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2012
Coincidentally, i asked myself the same question while driving back from Enugu to Onitsha this afternoon, 'what exactly is peter obi doing in anambra state'. I always divert at abba junction on my way from enugu and drove through a smooth single lane road constructed by ngige all the way nkpor and then down to obosi and awada where i stay. All the good roads in the whole state were constructed by ngige before they court-pulled him down and installed a greedy business man. Now his grand beer and malt are booming. While his state is deoriating.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by babsjnr(m): 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2012
He just warming his azz on governor seat

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by forkadict(m): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2012
THE FORKING THING I DONT UNDERSTAND IS DURING THE FIRST TENURE, HE GOT INTO OFFICE THROUGH THE COURTS. BEFORE THEN, NGIGE WAS GOVERNOR AND ACCORDING TO PEOPLE'S ACCOUNTS (COS I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO ANAMBRA) NGIGE HAD SOME ACHIEVEMENTS. OBI WASTED ANAMBRAN'S TIME AND RECOURCES DURING HIS FIRST TENURE AND YET THEY VOTED HIM IN FOR A SECOND TENURE?!

SMH FOR ANAMBRIANS.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by siobahn: 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
He's a media governor that blows his own trumpet even when it's obvious that he hasn't done anything, puts up billboard that he's the best governor in the country. Useless man! When i visited Awka, i wept cry cry cry cry cry cry

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Emperoh(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2012
While i agree with most of you that Anambra has dwindled in governance fortunes since 2011
when he got his second tenure, i totally disagree that Obi is a monumental failure.

let me state here that i hold no brief for the Governor or any of his cronies, but i know the difference
between the different tenures i witness since 1999

What is happening to Obi is tantamount to my initial believe and one which i share with a close cousin that Second tenure
bred impunity. . . .check all the governors in their last lap and tell me if any story that is different.
Unfortunately, i was among those clamouring for Obi's return after an impressive run out in his first term (pls these are my opinion). To some extent, we felt a feeling of governance with things being done as at and when due. Our roads continued the upward movement that Chris Ngige initiated and other aspects of governance receiving adequate attention when needed. We had workers who were paid albeit lowly, timely payment of pension to retired worker and our debt profile coming to a very low level.

But the man is gradually quashing his own achievements with his ambition. I wonder whether getting in touch
with government at the centre really guarantees anyone anything. But his constant hobnobbing with the PDP government may have triggered the transfer of the PDP disease to Peter Obi. I had thought that with his experience with the PDP government during the fight of his life for his tenure, Mr. Obi would have distanced himself from any relationship with the PDP government at the centre.

I had expected a governor who would build on his legal success and build something out of the APGA government.
But lo, it's one internal fight after the other. Snatching tickets meant for his APGA loyalists and handing them over to PDP decampees. Imagine the likes of Chuma Nzeribe and Uche Ekwunife in APGA!!!

But these are not really where my problem lies. It is with the inability of the governor to think creatively and exit that straight-jacketed manner of thinking; in terms of doing what the law says government should. But rather look beyond the normal and harness the budding human resources in the state to its benefit. We have the most successful set of people in black Africa and i can imagine the number who are yet to be discovered. It is not enough for government to build roads, rehabilitate schools, provide healthcare and basic infrastructure. . . . .what about those policies and laws that can stimulate the states resources? Even in the area of infrastructure, i can hardly find any Federal project Mr. Obi's government has embarked upon. This is despite his rapport with Aso Rock. Where then is the benefit of his relationship with the President. Yes we boast about the best road network in the South East but the entrance to our state from Enugu and Onitsha leaves a lot to be desired. The Asaba end of the highway is a Federal Road; it was done by the Delta State government. Why can't Mr. Obi replicate same and retrieve his money from Abuja; since he is close to them and Mr. Ngige did the same.
It is totally disheartening to see that this is a failure that will be self inflicted. Posterity would have held him in high regard if he had kept up with the first term momentum but trust leaders to grow a whole new identity when they become the Lord of the manor.
But what I totally disagree with is that Obi is a failure as a Governor. He did quite well in the first continuing from where Chris Ngige stopped

16 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by mimima(f): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
u need to see nkwo nnewi triangle today.Peter demolished every where in preparation for Ojukwu's burial without providing alternative park.
i tierrrrrrrrrrr tongue

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Abagworo(m): 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
His refusal to borrow is so annoying.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by fleps(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
Emperoh:

While i agree with most of you that Anambra has dwindled in governance fortunes since 2011
when he got his second tenure, i totally disagree that Obi is a monumental failure.

let me state here that i hold no brief for the Governor or any of his cronies, but i know the difference
between the different tenures i witness since 1999

What is happening to Obi is tantamount to my initial believe and one which i share with a close cousin that Second tenure
bred impunity. . . .check all the governors in their last lap and tell me if any story that is different.
Unfortunately, i was among those clamouring for Obi's return after an impressive run out in his first term (pls these are my opinion). To some extent, we felt a feeling of governance with things being done as at and when due. Our roads continued the upward movement that Chris Ngige initiated and other aspects of governance receiving adequate attention when needed. We had workers who were paid albeit lowly, timely payment of pension to retired worker and our debt profile coming to a very low level.

But the man is gradually quashing his own achievements with his ambition. I wonder whether getting in touch
with government at the centre really guarantees anyone anything. But his constant hobnobbing with the PDP government may have triggered the transfer of the PDP disease to Peter Obi. I had thought that with his experience with the PDP government during the fight of his life for his tenure, Mr. Obi would have distanced himself from any relationship with the PDP government at the centre.

I had expected a governor who would build on his legal success and build something out of the APGA government.
But lo, it's one internal fight after the other. Snatching tickets meant for his APGA loyalists and handing them over to PDP decampees. Imagine the likes of Chuma Nzeribe and Uche Ekwunife in APGA!!!

But these are not really where my problem lies. It is with the inability of the governor to think creatively and exit that straight-jacketed manner of thinking; in terms of doing what the law says government should. But rather look beyond the normal and harness the budding human resources in the state to its benefit. We have the most successful set of people in black Africa and i can imagine the number who are yet to be discovered. It is not enough for government to build roads, rehabilitate schools, provide healthcare and basic infrastructure. . . . .what about those policies and laws that can stimulate the states resources? Even in the area of infrastructure, i can hardly find any Federal project Mr. Obi's government has embarked upon. This is despite his rapport with Aso Rock. Where then is the benefit of his relationship with the President. Yes we boast about the best road network in the South East but the entrance to our state from Enugu and Onitsha leaves a lot to be desired. The Asaba end of the highway is a Federal Road; it was done by the Delta State government. Why can't Mr. Obi replicate same and retrieve his money from Abuja; since he is close to them and Mr. Ngige did the same.
It is totally disheartening to see that this is a failure that will be self inflicted. Posterity would have held him in high regard if he had kept up with the first term momentum but trust leaders to grow a whole new identity when they become the Lord of the manor.
But what I totally disagree with is that Obi is a failure as a Governor. He did quite well in the first continuing from where Chris Ngige stopped

Wait o o! Who u write all this desertation 4? If to say everybody de write long notes like u space go dey 4 nairaland again? Only ur 1st paragraph make me understand wetin u mean na. . .

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Coenvict: 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
Peter is d worst governor n history so far as am conscine, can imagine ANSU payn such ransome as skul fee hw wil even d average man pay such ransome dat man is very wicked nd I can tell him dat his death is comin soon. It going to 8yrs of his tenure yet LGA electn hav not been conducted while he at his campagn n his 1st tenure to conduct dat witin 3months if electd, no road no water no light no infractructure no develpmnt bcus of 1 man been so selfish decievn d peopl wit propaganda. All my hope now is on Ngige wen he wil com 4 d gov seat.

23 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Photo: President Jonathan And Patience in their University days / See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) / Aisha Buhari Shaking Alaafin Of Oyo's Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.