Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna (36886 Views)

SR-Mohammed-buba-marwa-delivered-letter-bomb-killed-dele-giwa-dr-taiyemiwo-ogun- / Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe / Sgt Sunday Badang Died In The Bomb Blast At Ungwar Sarki In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Koolking(m): 9:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
markovnikoff001:

This is exactly how much a life is worth in Nigeria now.
One down, 149 999 999 to go. Sad, sad country.

That policeman should be sued. He should be sued for making us look so bad. He should be sued for insulting our pride as a nation in the international community.
Absolute dementia is what comes to mind when you see the video of a man walk up to a live, undefused explosive with nothing but his "hero that will save the day" swagger.

I can imagine the following conversation ensuing between him and one of his colleagues.

Demented Policeman: Na bomb? wetin una dey wait for since na? Corporal give me that metal detector make I go disconnect am.
Corporal: Oya take. Na so you go go? You no go wear the bomb jacket?
Demented Policeman: Which jacket? Na today I don dey do this job?
Corporal: ah ha. So you wan go like this?
Dememted Policeman: Na you go teach me my job again? Abeg forget, something wey I go disconnect now now.

And BOOOOOOM!!! muth.fuk. ends up in hell.

Guy, you funny die. . . laff wan bomb me to piecessmiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
From my assessment of the video clip, it seemed he didn't really consider the IED to be a serious threat. I doubt if the bomb was remotely detonated, it was likely triggered by motion.
 Considering the blast radius, i think the payload of the explosive is btw 2kg and 4kg. The officer's intentions were noble, its rather unfortunate it ended this way, i hope the others learn from his mistakes.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Sunofgod(m): 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
Stupid policeman,
Stupid poilce force,
Stupid country,

Complete amateurs,
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2012
[size=18pt]This poor policeman gave his life so that public can continue about their business in safety and all you useless people can do, is criticise his brave action.

Do you think if a robot or a bomb suit had been available he would have refused to use it?

Even a bomb suit would not have protect against such a powerful bomb at close quarters.

So to those criticising him and the police, would you rather he did nothing and allowed more public lives to be endangered?

May you R.I.P. Sir.[/size]
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Beaf: 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
What a sad waste of life, may the soul of Police Sergeant Sunday Badang rest in peace. embarassed
A brave man squandered.

Unfortunately, nothing can be ruled out after witnessing such a strange scene. It isn't impossible that the man either had poor training, or was on drugs or a boko haram member himself. Several things do not add up.
IMHO, the entire police force needs to be scrapped, and that video is evidence.

Police forces the World over are highly disciplined, highly procedural and highly trained. What do we have in Nigeria instead? A pack of baboons. Many have asked why the place wasn't fenced off or the man in protective gear of any sort.
The simple answers are that our police force (like the rest of our society) is "anything goes." Patch it up as you go along, ignore the real disease and keep smiling; it the way we operate; no laws, no process, its like a jungle.
I wouldn't be shocked to learn that there were massive budgets for bomb disposal training and kits, but "oga IG and his boys chop di money."

Nigeria is the very definition of the word, chaos. Sadly, chaos is a feral foe and those who battle it soon realise its terrifying ferocity; it is a battle in which men unknowingly attack themselves with gallant bravery, a battle in which only the four-eyed can distinguish friend from foe and fiend from ally.
We have a very long way to go, but we will get there, step by little step.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by LasBonBoi: 10:00pm On Feb 15, 2012
If I hear say Boko Haram claim responsibility for this one I go vex, this is not a killing of police officer, this is suicide.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2012
GenBuhari:

[size=18pt]This poor policeman gave his life so that public can continue about their business in safety and all you useless people can do, is criticise his brave action.
[/size]

ah, e jo, e ma excuse wa o.

We didnt know he had that conversation with you before he went off - without caution - searching for a bomb.

As a sergeant, how more ridiculously careless could he have be?

PS: Let him rest in peace sha. All the #20 bribe he [b]may [/b]have collected will satisfy the family he [b]may [/b]have left behind , for the time being.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by agiboma(f): 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2012
Wow so sad may his soul rest in peace. Is there no protective clothng or equipment available to the police so they can do their jobs as safely as possible
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by moderattor: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2012
Brave man.
RIP.
All who cursed this man, may God have mercy on you.
He should be buried like a hero.

See the typical mindset of the north, those guys there didnt even have any pity on him.
All some people do i here is curse him even the more.

RIP hero.
Vehicles started using the road again after the bomb  blew, you are a hero.
You did your Job, died in active duty, with your gun and in your full regalia.

Nigerian Police is the bravest!

Up NPF !!!
For with standing all the bombs and bullets of boko haram
and the criticism from the public.

Ride on dudes, i'll boast of you any where in the world.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Wadosky(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
he is someones father,son,brother
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Obinoscopy(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
Please lets show some respect to the dead. Inasmuch as what the deceased officer did wasn't the right, we need to salute his courage and learn from his mistakes.

May his soul rest in peace
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Sagamite(m): 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2012
GenBuhari:

Do you think if a robot or a bomb suit had been available he would have refused to use it?

Even a bomb suit would not have protect against such a powerful bomb at close quarters.

So to those criticising him and the police, would you rather he did nothing and allowed more public lives to be endangered?

May you R.I.P. Sir.[/size]

You are a cretin!

Gave his life or was dumb?

Public life was endangered by everyone knowing it was a bomb and have cleared the place? Moooron!

It would be nice if you do the same thing as the policeman. FOOOOL!
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by billyG(m): 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
This is flabbergasting,how can that dude approach a bomb with a metal detector even an idiot or slowpoke will know that if it is a magnetic bomb,it will explode.Why can't he shoot the poly bag as he would've shot at a defenceless bus driver without a second thought.This is the kind of police we expect to protect us,dont they have a bomb disposal unit? What happened to the police equipment fund.All we hear is grammer.Our nigeria police has turned themselves into grammarian all we hear daily is POLICE ARE ON TOP OF THE SITUATION!EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL!!WE WILL CRUSH BOKO HARAM!!!WE WILL FLUSH THEM OUT,WE WILL DEAL WITH TERRORIST,NIGERIA SHOULD GO ABOUT THEIR NORMAL BUSINESS,even a layman will do better in crime fighting than those Bribe taking men-in-black.I weep nigeria my country. What was he thinking? Even his mates cheered him to death.I proposed that the Divisional police officer of that station be brought forward for questioning. Boko Haram should not claim responsibility for this meaningless waste but kudos should go to the police hierachy.cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by kokoA(m): 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hope he is not igbo o. B4 dem begin complain say boko bomb d guy becus him be igbo undecided
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by moderattor: 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2012
agiboma:

Wow so sad may his soul rest in peace. Is there no protective clothng or equipment available to the police so they can do their jobs as safely as possible

what protective clothing or equipment can stop a bomb from being remotely detonated?
Or from tearing a man into pieces at close range?
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by moderattor: 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

Gave his life or was dumb?

Public life was endangered by everyone knowing it was a bomb and have cleared the place? Moooron!
It would be nice if you do the same thing as the policeman. FOOOOL!

You are an anti police mumu.
Go shoot yourself.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Sagamite(m): 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
moderattor:

You are an anti police mumu.
Go shoot yourself.

You are a cretin!

What part of my statement did you see as anti-police, mooron?
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Willywilly9: 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2012
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i dey laugh oooooooooooooooooo.
Policeman think sei nay 5Onaira road block, hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i dey laugh ooooooooooo
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by tunnytox(m): 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
Calling this stupidity an act of bravery is laughable, this policeman was simply stupeed no more no less, no wonder they have no respect for human life as they don't really seem to care about their own life too. This is the same police we expect to protect us  shocked shocked this video is a further proof that the Nigerian Police is not fit for purpose, it need to be dis established completely, we need to start from the scratch.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by madprof(m): 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2012
This is very sickening. Very sad indeed.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by ranlaen: 11:15pm On Feb 15, 2012
A lot of replies are just the sad state nigerians have become.
A man died today,you don't know if he took bribes or not ,all you know is what we know he was brave enough to actually go near the package.
If he had a bomb suit i am pretty sure he would wear it for sure ,we all love our lives and he probably has family too.
No matter what anyone says fact is he went there to do his job thats something 99% of Nigerians know nothing about doing their job .
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by kokoA(m): 11:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
Quite unfortunate the guy went that way sha. cry But did you guys noticed that Nigerians are actually heeding to Mr. President's words that we should get use to bombings? I mean somebody just got blown to piecies and people (including his collegues) were carrying out their normal activities as if nothing happened,. Many were even bringing out their phones to keep memories. Na wa o
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by kizito96(m): 11:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
This is very unbelievable. Going to detonate an IED with bare hands? what a foolish move
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by fatjazz: 11:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
o wa shaya bi eyin , o wa sheyin bi aya , bomb wa dun kabakabakabakaba, RIP our beloved malo brother . grin
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by moderattor: 12:01am On Feb 16, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!
What part of my statement did you see as anti-police, mooron?

Blind Foo.l
First of all blind.
Then a Foo.l

Read your first comment again.
MUmu.
You are just a lol, a lmao.
Jump from the window.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by ranlaen: 12:06am On Feb 16, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zYvHu56nxBU

Note that the thai guy actually lives thru it due to his proper equipment
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 16, 2012
moderattor:

Blind Foo.l
First of all blind.
Then a Foo.l

MUmu.
Jump from the window.

We're sorry for your lost uncle, but calm down abeg lipsrsealed
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by otipoju(m): 12:16am On Feb 16, 2012
i just feel sorry for the guy.
His intention was good.
He had enough courage,
but his execution was poor.
He did not have the time to say good bye.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Sagamite(m): 12:16am On Feb 16, 2012
moderattor:

Blind Foo.l
First of all blind.
Then a Foo.l

MUmu.
Jump from the window.

You are a cretin!

Point out the part of my statement that was anti-police!

Cretinous product of a failed education system. We will test your reading skills today.

Dumbo!
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by sandysprax(m): 12:23am On Feb 16, 2012
ranlaen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zYvHu56nxBU

Note that the thai guy actually lives thru it due to his proper equipment

God bless u for this video.It summarise everything we've been discussing here.The thai explosion seemed to even be more severe, yet the guy got up unharmed.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 16, 2012
People criticising this brave man are being illogical.

Before criticising his action why not first find out what options were available to him.

First off it does not appear that a properly trained bomb disposal officer was available. let a alone a bomb suit or a remote controlled bomb disposal robot.

In the circumstances of inadequate resources this man risked and lost his life, in an effort clear the road so that you and I could go about our business in safety.

Yet you ungrateful and ignorant posters are here calling him names. The guy was only doing his job; he was given a mere metal detector to detect a bomb.

It seemed that he may have assumed that  because the metal detector did not signal it meant there was no bomb in the bag.  undecided

Nigerians do no longer know who their true heroes are undecided

Many here forget how many US soldiers and bomb disposal experts are blown up regularly in Afganistan, even with the best equipment and technology in the world.

Abeg if you are not able to give your condolence to a policeman actually doing his job, then it is better you keep quiet angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Frame-Up: FG Issues Statement On Obasanjo's Looming 'Arrest' & 'Detention' / New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office / Dino Melaye lied, Baze University Record Shows Ex-Senator Had second-Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.