Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8667007 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10650) (10651) (10652) (10653) (10654) (10655) (10656) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2021
KingAlabi:

There is a reason I didn't put in gundogan, Grealish is not a like for like replacement for KDB, neither is foden.
But they will do better or same than Pogba in that position.
Let me see how many assist and goals they'll each record even with Pogba playing slightly deeper or most times as the LCM...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:26am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
If I ask you to show me where anyone claimed AWB is better than Walker you'll disappear like the fart of a leprous witch... cheesy

A lot of what you wrote is concocted in your head and not what was said here...

cheesy

Disappear ke? Most of you argued our Defence are on par, even slightly better than Man City Defence rn, same as Attack.

Na Lie?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:27am On Aug 22, 2021
lekkie073:
see how matured people discuss people and events that they cannot change. Clearly digest how nezzar spoke of Jose and how I gave my opinion about jose
But the same Fred is not good enough now...Anyway, have a great day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:28am On Aug 22, 2021
Oasis007:

cheesy

Disappear ke? Most of you argued our Defence are on par, even slightly better than Man City Defence rn, same as Attack.

Na Lie?
Let's tackle each position...

LB, I concede they are better with Walker and Cancelo...

What's your take on RCB?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Softwareguy21: 11:28am On Aug 22, 2021
KingAlabi:

Oga no dey talk this things abeg.
Did James start when we played Southampton 9:0?
Stop using coincidence as focal point, in the high scoring matches as an attacker how many goals did he score? Or even assist?

Make una dey rest abeg.
oga alabi, I dont agree with you on this. James is a traditional winger not an invert winger like greenwood and Rashford. James always hold his position out wide that stretches the opposition defenders then they'll be alot of space for Bruno and co to operate in the middle. If the opposition defenders choose to be narrow James will get alot of chances to score that why whenever he start he get alot chances but he is not good enough to use those chances but his influence is useful to the team. Good news is Sancho on the right wing always hold his position and his output will be massive

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:28am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
Do you think the protest of fans affected how we went about signing Varane and Sancho?

It's funny that you think the opinions of fans don't count...Nairaland is a microcosm of the bigger picture...
I am hungry, I know I need food. Patrickmuf saw me looking forlorn. and told me I needed to eat. If I eventually eat, is it because patrickmuf told me to eat?

The board understands the club's needs more than you and I do. That they take decisions that are in line with the yearnings of the fans doesn't mean the fans actually influenced such decisions. I don't think so sir. Ole knows his job more than all of you ranting here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 11:28am On Aug 22, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Of course Amad is not for sale.

Crystal palace does not look like a good loan for two reasons:

- Crystal probably intend on using Amad as a backup for Eberechi Eze/Wilf Zaha pending when Eze returns from injury. After that happens, i don’t see any incentives to keep developing a player for another EPL team.

- Crystal currently play 19th century agrarian football with emphasis on defensive contribution from wingers. How will a lite technical player like Amad adapt is an unknown.

Only benefit i can think of is Vieira being a black French speaker which could be helpful in building empathy and communication.

Norwich will fit him.
Or Southampton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2021
� Solskjær on Jadon Sancho: “For me, he fits us like a glove. He’s creative, he’s fearless, he’s got quality, he’s hardworking, he’s humble and he’s got all of the attributes to be a success at #mufc.” [@footballdaily]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2021
lekkie073:
I am hungry, I know I need food. Patrickmuf saw me looking forlorn. and told me I needed to eat. If I eventually eat, is it because patrickmuf told me to eat?

The board understands the club's needs more than you and I do. That they take decisions that are in line with the yearnings of the fans doesn't mean the fans actually influenced such decisions. I don't think so sir. Ole knows his job more than all of you ranting here
Ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:29am On Aug 22, 2021
BARAJ92:
What is the goal contribution of firminho in Liverpool yet he is their main striker.
Are you comparing James to firmino

Or my eye is scratching me. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
Mendy and Ake are worse than Dalot but they plays for City...

Nobody is considering Mata and Lingard sef. But you see James? He is the equivalent of Delap in City, they are hardly ever part of the conversation unless in a case of an injury crisis or a dead rubber game...

that means no bruno replacement, if we skip mata and lingard as vdb is more of a box to box than 10

these are personal views anyway, but with time we will know who is right..

maybe when a new manager comes, which you and i are on the same page.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
But the same Fred is not good enough now...Anyway, have a great day.
that's your opinion. Ole and the board feels he is still good to play until they get someone better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
Let's tackle each position...

LB, I concede they are better with Walker and Cancelo...

What's your take on RCB?

I give it to Man City of course.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2021
Arsenal shocked

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2021
Oasis007:

I give it to Man City of course.
Stones is better than Varane?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:31am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
Let me see how many assist and goals they'll each record even with Pogba playing slightly deeper or most times as the LCM...
Let's talk about last season now, abi na Pogba 4 assists in one match dey carry you go cloud 9?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:33am On Aug 22, 2021
KingAlabi:

Let's talk about last season now, abi na Pogba 4 assists in one match dey carry you go cloud 9?
Why last season, why not 3 seasons back?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2021
Oasis007

Pick your starting back 4 from the lot and second choice back 4.

Walker, Cancelo, AWB, Dalot, Varane, Stones, Lindelof, Maguire, Dias, Ake, Bailly, Shaw, Telles, Zichenko and Mendy...

When you are done, we go into midfield and then attack...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:36am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
Tell me you have never criticized a manager? Should we employ the services of a digger to dig out (That's even if you have been here that long) your comments on Mourinho, Van Gaal and Moyes?
Free that guy, that his post i quoted shows he is an emotional recked Ole asslicker grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:

Let's compare Stone of last Season with Lindelof. I argue based on Reality not Assumption. Varane has not kicked ball for us yet, I wouldn't say he's gonna fit in perfectly and flopped.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Free that guy, that his post i quoted shows he is an emotional recked Ole asslicker grin
no sir.. I am a manutd asslicker. I don't complain on issues that I can't control. If manutd board signs a tree as a player, I will proudly support that tree to succeed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2021
LMDyaya:

yeah i know bissouma,only God knows whats stopping the fraud and board and i actually meant replacing the low qualities we have not adding to the squad.

dalot, lingard, james, ageing mata thats 4 and new dm 5 signings. not mentioning matics last season and cavani as well.
Ole said any new signing is a bonus, he clearly prefer his McFred combo. I think we should bury this DM gist until a miracle happens before window closes..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:49am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
Oasis007

Pick your starting back 4 from the lot and second choice back 4.

Walker, Cancelo, AWB, Dalot, Varane, Stones, Lindelof, Maguire, Dias, Ake, Bailly, Shaw, Telles, Zichenko and Mendy...

When you are done, we go into midfield and then attack...

Walker - Stone - Diaz - Shaw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2021
Softwareguy21:
oga alabi, I dont agree with you on this. James is a traditional winger not an invert winger like greenwood and Rashford. James always hold his position out wide that stretches the opposition defenders then they'll be alot of space for Bruno and co to operate in the middle. If the opposition defenders choose to be narrow James will get alot of chances to score that why whenever he start he get alot chances but he is not good enough to use those chances but his influence is useful to the team. Good news is Sancho on the right wing always hold his position and his output will be massive
Should I list matches were we have lost and drawn with James the traditional winger playing out wide?

And let's do a ratio?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2021
Mrviktor:
� Solskjær on Jadon Sancho: “For me, he fits us like a glove. He’s creative, he’s fearless, he’s got quality, he’s hardworking, he’s humble and he’s got all of the attributes to be a success at #mufc.” [@footballdaily]
Cc Botfuss
Next time confirm before you open mouth waaahhhhh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:51am On Aug 22, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

It's cool to know all our Players are on par with Man City Players at the moment. We can match them in every position, even on the Bench.

Rashford that was called names as Trashford is now a world player? Martial that some us labeled Ice Cold Cúnt suddenly becomes a world player now? Our famous Dablord finally earned his Respect on this Board.

DDG that was condemned and rated below Henderson is now better again.... oh he was never a bad GK.

AWB that was tagged the weakling in defence. Poor attacking-wise now absolutely better than Walker and Cancelo?!

Lindelöf also earned his Respect finally he's damn better than Diaz, Laporte and Stones. Fred edges Rodri, Matic edges Fernandinho, DVB better than Gundogan and KDB is never a world Class Player.

Mahrez, Sterling, Silva are no better wingers than James, Rashford, Greenwood. Lastly Amad is better than Foden, while Williams is better than Zinchenko.

I wanted OGS out as well, but we should try to argue neutrally and objectively. Let's put aside, OleIn and OleOut ish for now and argue with Reality.

NB: Sancho and Varane have not proven their selves yet for United, thus can't be rated now.
Oga if they give this Mancity players to Ole, fans will still call them names. Lampard was sacked and Tuchel won CL with same players some Chelshit fans accused of disappointing Lampard. Ranieri won the EPL with Leicester City, how many World class player them get. Was that Leicester squad better than the regular big 5 teams (Arsenal not included grin)? Ole should work on this rotational management and taktiks, to get the very best out of our good squad of players..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
Why last season, why not 3 seasons back?
Because that's when foden started featuring as a bit of a constant in MCI.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:57am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:

Varane has not kicked Ball for us yet bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Ole said any new signing is a bonus, he clearly prefer his McFred combo. I think we should bury this DM gist until a miracle happens before window closes..

na mumu now, i dont know why he insist on playing mcfred even after aquiring varane, may be if there are depatures we might see something.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
TrebleChamp:
don't bury it.. Continue crying and hope that Ole sees your tears. Maybe he will be moved to buy a DM then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Oga if they give this Mancity players to Ole, fans will still call them names. Lampard was sacked and Tuchel won CL with same players some Chelshit fans accused of disappointing Lampard. Ranieri won the EPL with Leicester City, how many World class player them get. Was that Leicester squad better than the regular big 5 teams (Arsenal not included grin)? Ole should work on this rotational management and taktiks, to get the very best out of our good squad of players..

grin

I do not believe in OGS, and I want him out as well. The Argument is on Squad Depth, and I believe City still edge us right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Leicester city under ranieri, how many trophies did they go on to win after the EPL?

For lampard's case, what was their transfer window like when lampard was sacked and tuchel took over?

Lastly, isn't tuchel better than ole again? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10650) (10651) (10652) (10653) (10654) (10655) (10656) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.