Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8663129 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10731) (10732) (10733) (10734) (10735) (10736) (10737) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
We will have to talk about Bruno away from his goals and assist at some point...

Bruno is a high risk high reward player.

Man Utd knew what they were getting fully well before they signed him. If you are judging Bruno on ball retention or pass accuracy, you would miss the point because his first instinct when he receives the ball is to make a highly risky pass forward.

This is why he’s the heart and soul of every attacking move we make. Bruno is in his 3rd season and he has not lost an away PL game at Man Utd. There is a reason for that. United need to give him an elite DM to cushion the effect of his low ball retention stats.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2021
Stats no dey show everything ...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
melodyogonna:
Stats no dey show everything ...

Look at the interception stats though.

The metric that shows how well a DM reads the game to intercept instead of making a crushing tackle.

Ndidi and Casemiro are up there. McFred are at the bottom.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
olabode89:

I just tire o... Rashford played the same position as Sancho with Bruno and Rashy bobo was scoring and assisting well. Sancho better step up his game or e go sit for bench.
Sancho may need more adaptation time but that game isn't where he should be judged. it's difficult place to start and the team didn't particularly play well.
Ole need to give him four or five consecutive starts. I expected him to get his first start at Old Trafford.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2021
Illimitable:

Bruno is a high risk high reward player.

Man Utd knew what they were getting fully well before they signed him. If you are judging Bruno on ball retention or pass accuracy, you would miss the point because his first instinct when he receives the ball is to make a highly risky pass forward.

This is why he’s the heart and soul of every attacking move we make. Bruno is in his 3rd season and he has not lost an away PL game at Man Utd. There is a reason for that. United need to give him an elite DM to cushion the effect of his low ball retention stats.
From what you saw yesterday with Fred chasing Trincao in one action and in another trying to dispossess Traore, do you really think all we need is a DM and all our problems will be solved?

We need a DM, no doubt it but I don't see how even Makelele will fix the issues we have in the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
nitrogen:

You only watched the final. Fred did really well in the competition.
Fred was even taken off for an attacker. It wasn't a like for like sub. Some comments are just way off
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2021
nitrogen:

Omo, I hate Bruno for one thing, impatience. Other players will give you the ball, and you will just throw it away in 1 sec without regret or anything.

He makes 1 quality/creative pass out of 10 or so in very game. Efficiency is key.
That impatience is killing. That's why we will always fall short when it matters but I see many people are not ready for that discussion here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
From what you saw yesterday with Fred chasing Trincao in one action and in another trying to dispossess Traore, do you really think all we need is a DM and all our problems will be solved?

We need a DM, no doubt it but I don't see how even Makelele will fix the issues we have in the team.

If we had an elite DM, Pogba and Bruno would be advanced midfielders - 5 players in the final third of Wolves.

The game would have been easier to score unlike what we saw. I hate when Pogba is stuck next to Fred in a double pivot. Pogba is better offensively than defensively.

70% of Pogba’s output is lost when he plays as a DM. We are a much better side when he’s further up the pitch. I don’t understand how everyone sees this but Ole sees something different.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
ChristineC:

Touches of the ball
Wolves midfield
Neves 80
Moutinho 61
Marçal 67
Semedo 56

United midfield
Fred 86
Pogba 93
Bruno 63

their three CB Saïss, Kilman and Coady had 143 total touches, only Varane and Maguire had 144.

the only reason they created better was because they passed better and with better intent, and the first half which they played well was a hack challenge on United players which the ref allowed for reasons best known to him.
We kept the ball better in the second half. That really helped the team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
Cavani withdrawn from Uruguay World Cup qualifier
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
Looking at the heat map, Pogba covered the right side of the midfield, Fred operated more at the center. I'm not sure who was supposed to cover the left side. I could guess Bruno but he's our striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
dammywapes:

That’s good news.

Cavani should stay back, train and refresh for those two weeks.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
The heat map is available online grin

Bruno the main striker cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:
Looking at the heat map, Pogba covered the right side of the midfield, Fred operated more at the center. I'm not sure who was supposed to cover the left side. I could guess Bruno but he's our striker

Since when is Bruno a striker?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
Illimitable:

If we had an elite DM, Pogba and Bruno would be advanced midfielders - 5 players in the final third of Wolves.

The game would have been easier to score unlike what we saw. I hate when Pogba is stuck next to Fred in a double pivot. Pogba is better offensively than defensively.

70% of Pogba’s output is lost when he plays as a DM. We are a much better side when he’s further up the pitch. I don’t understand how everyone sees this but Ole sees something different.
Check when Pep plays KDB and Gundogan in front of Rodri...You hardly find that much space between the pair even when they attack. Rodri always has passing options either to the two CBs or their full backs or to either of Gundogan or KDB.

When attacking, Gundogan will ghost into the box, KDB will be a little withdrawn with Rodri stationed in the opponents half whilst the 2 fullbacks supply the width and the CBs push up close to the Centre of the pitch. This makes the pitch small for the opponents as they're kind of crowded out thus City can easily recover possession with their press. It's a system that involves all the units functioning, each player must be well positioned for their press to be coordinated. It is not down to the superior defensive quality of Rodri but more to their system.

A DM is important but in our present set up, Ndidi will look above average at best. I can't remember a game where I saw an opponent running at Rodri. Pep will never set up to allow the opponent attackers have a go at his defenders, it rarely does happen and when it does, most times City drop points because individually some of their defenders are suspect but as a unit, they're that good.

We should learn how to keep the ball and progressively attack and defend as a unit...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
melodyogonna:

I never really understand the argument. Bruno plays like a second striker most of the time so I no really understand why we're trying to pretend that's not the case
but stats suggest Bruno is one of the guys with the highest distance covered in the team. how do you reconcile this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
ChristineC:
but stats suggest Bruno is one of the guys with the highest distance covered in the team. how do you reconcile this?
I no sabi. na wetin I dey see wey I dey talk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2021
MRTA7:

Since when is Bruno a striker?
Sorry not striker, forward. That's what they said he's to play now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2021
This is Pogba's heat map

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
This is Fred's

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
See the difference. Between Pogba and Fred and that of Bruno. Where exactly is he playing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2021
melodyogonna:

I no sabi. na wetin I dey see wey I dey talk
that is the definition of agenda

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2021
The problem is not bruno, but the coach.. we don't have a system... its just vibes on the pitch... bruno is a hardworker, if the coach wants him to drop deep he'll drop deep.. we re just Counter attack and inshallah, the coach should produce a system that will help break opposition that sit back

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

Elrony na wa o. AWB should follow Adama to the midfield? As for James, I'm not even sure I saw him giving Adama any close marking at all. Fred should have just troway face too. Na him Bleep up

We are saying the same thing na bros, the DM shouldn't be the one constantly on an opposing RW's case
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
dammywapes:

Ope o cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

How would it Bruno covering the left side, when he's supposed to be playing an advanced AM position?

Abeg which formation we even play cos I am not understanding again cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SammyFX: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
All this agenda una no deh tire eh

Leeds is in advance talk's to sign Daniel James from man utd with personal terms underway confirmed by Romano Fabrizio ... I really think this is a good deal to make man utd use the money for a solid DM.

Lingard is also on West Ham radar and they are thinking of making a possible deal now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:
See the difference. Between Pogba and Fred and that of Bruno. Where exactly is he playing?
this is his heat map against Leeds as well.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2021
elrony:

We are saying the same thing na bros, the DM shouldn't be the one constantly on an opposing RW's case
Okay understood
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SammyFX: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
If Daniel James leaves cavani takes the no.21 Jersey and c.ronaldo takes the no. 7 Jersey
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
elrony:

How would it Bruno covering the left side, when he's supposed to be playing an advanced AM position?

Abeg which formation we even play cos I am not understanding again cheesy
I can't find who is supposed to be there. I'm even confused if Pogba and Fred were supposed to cover that whole side why did Pogba now concentrate on the right and Fred at the middle. This team is confused
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
ChristineC:
this is his heat map against Leeds as well.
We had two CDMs in Fred and Tom. Yesterday, I wasn't sure Pogba offered much without the ball. Bruno had all that freedom to play the free role. But what happens when we don't have those two together? That's why I was talking about our players the other day when we were excited about our attacking options. This team will suffer if we think we can fit in all those attacking players into the field at the same time

(1) (2) (3) ... (10731) (10732) (10733) (10734) (10735) (10736) (10737) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.