Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8664855 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10732) (10733) (10734) (10735) (10736) (10737) (10738) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
When I said having two CDMs is guaranteed, I knew what I was talking about. This team, with the way we play, is not ripe for just one player there. Omo that player will suffer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
West Ham Vs Man Utd last season is still fresh in my head. We benched Bruno in the first half and brought him on in the 2nd half. I don't think Ole ever tried to do that in a league match since then.

How people say Bruno doesn't do his role in that midfield is still a mystery. Guy is being misjudged by United fans because of his work rate all around the pitch. His Goal scoring and chance creation is because of that( his work rate). And that'll never change. You can swap him with an Ozil type of player and let's see how this team fairs. If you think your fowards are that useful.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
Check when Pep plays KDB and Gundogan in front of Rodri...You hardly find that much space between the pair even when they attack. Rodri always has passing options either to the two CBs or their full backs or to either of Gundogan or KDB.

When attacking, Gundogan will ghost into the box, KDB will be a little withdrawn with Rodri stationed in the opponents half whilst the 2 fullbacks supply the width and the CBs push up close to the Centre of the pitch. This makes the pitch small for the opponents as they're kind of crowded out thus City can easily recover possession with their press. It's a system that involves all the units functioning, each player must be well positioned for their press to be coordinated. It is not down to the superior defensive quality of Rodri but more to their system.

A DM is important but in our present set up, Ndidi will look above average at best. I can't remember a game where I saw an opponent running at Rodri. Pep will never set up to allow the opponent attackers have a go at his defenders, it rarely does happen and when it does, most times City drop points because individually some of their defenders are suspect but as a unit, they're that good.

We should learn how to keep the ball and progressively attack and defend as a unit...

We already discussed this yesterday.

United should be pressing better after a loss of possession. I don’t see it at all apart from 3-4 players(Bruno, Cavani, Fred, Rashford). The others just jog or lament about the fact that they didn’t get a foul or crying about a missed chance.

The pressing needs to be better but I don’t want to even talk about that yet when there’s a gaping hole in the midfield crying for an elite operator. Pep’s teams are always compact and they look way better without the ball than when United are without the ball.

It’s a coaching issue. Pep and Ole aren’t in the same class. Every of our players should be tearing a muscle to get the ball back but we have too many lazy players. Martial doesn’t even run into space when we have the ball. He wants the ball to his feet every time. He should be sold as well but Joel Glazer is romantically in love with him.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

We had two CDMs in Fred and Tom. Yesterday, I wasn't sure Pogba offered much without the ball. Bruno had all that freedom to play the free role. But what happens when we don't have those two together? That's why I was talking about our players the other day when we were excited about our attacking options. This team will suffer if we think we can fit in all those attacking players into the field at the same time
that's a simple view.
this is Varane's heat map in the game. place it side by side with Pogba and Fred in your earlier posts and you'd see that Bruno cannot operate in that same area because they were pretty static there.
the bane of this team was poor passing from the back. if we can sort that out, we can still field our attacking talents comfortably.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2021
Not just attack, he is good all round.

King Bruno.

I guess he was tackling, intercepting and clearing in opposition box.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
Illimitable:

We already discussed this yesterday.

United should be pressing better after a loss of possession. I don’t see it at all apart from 3-4 players(Bruno, Cavani, Fred, Rashford). The others just jog or lament about the fact that they didn’t get a foul or crying about a missed chance.

The pressing needs to be better but I don’t want to even talk about that yet when there’s a gaping hole in the midfield crying for an elite operator. Pep’s teams are always compact and they look way better without the ball than when United are without the ball.

It’s a coaching issue. Pep and Ole aren’t in the same class. Every of our players should be tearing a muscle to get the ball back but we have too many lazy players. Martial doesn’t even run into space when we have the ball. He wants the ball to his feet every time. He should be sold as well but Joel Glazer is romantically in love with him.
Bruno laments the most in that team fyi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2021
ChristineC:
that's a simple view.
this is Varane's heat map in the game. place it side by side with Pogba and Fred in your earlier posts and you'd see that Bruno cannot operate in that same area because they were pretty static there.
the bane of this team was poor passing from the back. if we can sort that out, we can still field our attacking talents comfortably.
The area I hoped Bruno will occupy is just Infront of the two CM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
When the sinner is serving punishment the righteous would also partake.

That's exactly Bruno's problem.

Too bad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
One fool told us the fans where useless for rioting last season. Thunder fire that useless person cheesy cheesy. The Glazers are now scared of United fans. I love it cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

The area I hoped Bruno will occupy is just Infront of the two CM
Bruno has had a free role in this team except on his debut game. no United fan is oblivious of this fact.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
Still on yesterday accomplishment from Sir Ole my manager cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
Karleb:
When the sinner is serving punishment the righteous would also partake.

That's exactly Bruno's problem.

Too bad.
If you don't see how Bruno uselessness is affecting the Midfield play and build up then only God can help you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
Trevor012:

If you don't see how Bruno uselessness is affecting the Midfield play and build up then only God can help you.

Only God can help you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

Bruno laments the most in that team fyi

Bruno laments to the referee.

Martial misses a chance and you see him lamenting to himself. He would stay still for 5 mins while the ball is in United’s half. That crap needs to stop.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
Expert17:
Not just attack, he is good all round.

King Bruno.

I guess he was tackling, intercepting and clearing in opposition box.

Isn’t this because Bruno played more minutes? Bruno made 37 PL apps to KDB’s 25.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2021
ChristineC:
Bruno has had a free role in this team except on his debut game. no United fan is oblivious of this fact.
While it will turn out okay some times, we will seriously struggle with Pogba and Bruno in the same team, both suitable for free roles, especially when it matters most
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2021
I love how everybody is now coming to terms with what I have been saying ever since about Bruno. He is a freaking liability and should have been sold to get Grealish. Useless player angry angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

While it will turn out okay some times, we will seriously struggle with Pogba and Bruno in the same team, both suitable for free roles, especially when it matters most
well, every game is important and every dog has his day I guess.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

I can't find who is supposed to be there. I'm even confused if Pogba and Fred were supposed to cover that whole side why did Pogba now concentrate on the right and Fred at the middle. This team is confused

You sef don tayacheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make we kuku stick to double pivot for some games if we don't sign a DM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2021
Expert17:
The heat map is available online grin

Bruno the main striker cheesy

grin

Bruno played much on the left wing, yet Sancho's play ain't disrupted.

We go dey alright las las.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
Karleb:

Only God can help you.
God really needs to cure your blindness cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

He should run after Adama and do that? He should receive from defenders and still carry the ball to create quality chances too? Wahala dey o

What else is the job of a DM?

Or you think everything you mentioned happens at the same time?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2021
Excl. Leeds are in advanced talks to sign Dan James from Manchester United on a permanent deal! Discussions ongoing to complete the agreement. Talks also on personal terms.

Noa Lang rumours few days ago were ‘fake’ - never been close to Leeds in the last weeks.

- Fabrizio Romano
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

I mentioned this yesterday. Just like when we wanted Sancho in. I said its like we are praying for Sancho to be bought so that when the play rubbish, the poor boy will hopefully do some magic to secure some or all points. Lets stop playing rubbish first

Only Fred was on Trincao and Adama and the other CMs. Make them kill am na
Even with my points above, Fred shouldn't be starting for United I rather have Donny in that pivot, but not with pogba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
elrony:

He's not that bad, and we can't throw him away yet, just don't play him as a lone DM especially . Our coach dey mad.

Fred passes to the opponent under no pressure and cannot make a tackle to save his life.

I don’t think there’s much hope for him. Maybe a loan can realign his head but I doubt it.

His teammates think twice before passing to him and when they do my heart skips a beat because there’s a 200% chance he’ll lose the ball.

Fred puts the u in useless. There’s no arguments about that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
TheLequte:

Fred passes to the opponent under no pressure and cannot make a tackle to save his life.

I don’t think there’s much hope for him. Maybe a loan can realign his head but I doubt it.

His teammates think twice before passing to him and when they do my heart skips a beat because there’s a 200% chance he’ll lose the ball.

Among our back four, only varane had the confidence to pass to Fred, Maguire dey ignore Fred die, he rather boots the ball up front.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
Oasis007:
Excl. Leeds are in advanced talks to sign Dan James from Manchester United on a permanent deal! Discussions ongoing to complete the agreement. Talks also on personal terms.

Noa Lang rumours few days ago were ‘fake’ - never been close to Leeds in the last weeks.

- Fabrizio Romano

Diogo Dalot has completed more dribbles (1) than Dan James (0) in the Premier League this season

Dalot has spent one PL minute on the pitch...

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

So Bruno is disturbing Sancho in his wing, he is hindering Pogba and Fred, he is disturbing Greenwood because he is a small boy. Very soon Bruno will be blamed for standing close to Ole during a match making him to make wrong sub

LMAO grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
elrony:

You sef don tayacheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make we kuku stick to double pivot for some games if we don't sign a DM
Exactly. If we don't sign a DM, we have to come to terms with the fact that playing Pogba deep benefits nobody. He should be allowed to be creative, right in front of the double pivot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2021
ChristineC:
well, every game is important and every dog has his day I guess.
True
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2021
Person dey waste ball, dem say na risk taker......loool.

This life no balance sha, if na Pogba and/or Fred, our analysts will say that they are useless, but if na Bruno, touch not my anointed. Like say he don win one spoon for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
TheLequte:

200% chance? grin

You no get forgiving spirit o. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10732) (10733) (10734) (10735) (10736) (10737) (10738) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.