Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,753 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10803) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8634717 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10800) (10801) (10802) (10803) (10804) (10805) (10806) ... (14120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin

Motivation.

24 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin

Best Squad in the World!

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin

Odogwu of EPL!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
"He [Ronaldo] does what he does. He lifts everyone, he gets everyone so focused around the place, he puts demands on himself which then puts demands on his team-mates and demands on us and that's why he's done so much in his career, he’s been so disciplined.

"He's evolved, he’s developed as a player, he’s a different type of player to when he left but he's still a ruthless and clinical goalscorer, he smells the big moments and senses when there are goals."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
"He's developed into a miles better footballer than when he was here through the years.

"Sometimes he can drift up to the sides, then turn and finish from there. You're not going to use him as a battering ram are you! He likes to roam. The big thing about him is he senses the big moments and he knows when to arrive in the box and when to run in behind.

"I thought he played the game very, very maturely and in a simple way. He didn’t give too many balls away, he gave one ball away. But he was very efficient with his football.

"I didn't want to take him off unless he wanted to come off. He needs minutes, he needs to play. He had a little pre-season and lost a few games for Juve and Portugal so he needed to get 90 minutes into him."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
eph12:
Nobody wants to talk about how they went past Matic like he wasn't there a couple of times or I should mind my business?
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin

Though too early, but hope we can stay at the top till we are crowned Champions of EPL this Season.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
Illimitable:

Herrera won Man Utd’s player of the year in 2017.

He was the best midfielder while he was at United.

Hazard still sees him in the dream.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
afrodoc2:

Even in victory una go still dey fight here. cheesy
Small pikin full here...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
So no Antonio next weekend..

That's great news..

Let's unleash lingard on them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
Illimitable:

Penalty takers have the edge.

Jorginho will rob Lukaku of many goals.

This is another player that could be balling for United as we speak until a certain Norwegian PE teacher decided to play him from the flanks to accommodate Martial and Rashford.

I don’t care how many goals he scores against fodder. I’m glad to be rid of Lukaku’s donkey-footballing. We’re building a team of technically-proficient frontmen here. I take Ororo over and over again.

When Ronaldo is spent, we’ll be in for Haaland.

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
One thing some of you need to understand here is that you can criticize a player but not hate him...

I might prefer Messi doesn't mean I won't support Ronaldo at Manchester United...

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin

Best Academy Products in the World.

14 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
ChristineC:
Lukaku scored 3 in his first 2 league games for United and 4 in the next 6. subsequently it was like irregular menses.
Ole just didn't like his style.
People suffer from selective amnesia here.

As if it wasn't on this same board that Lukaku was lambasted week in week out grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
melodyogonna:

People suffer from selective amnesia here.

As if it wasn't on this same board that Lukaku was lambasted week in week out grin grin
Lukaku has improved his game, that's one thing you can't deny...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Expert17:

I don't understand.....so he flopped at United? OLE fvcked up shaa

42 goals in 96 apps
Lukaku has said many times that Ole wanted him to stay but he was done with the toxicity of Manchester United fans. He forced a move, refused to show up for training and a move for him was eventually completed on deadline day. Make we no dey twist things sha, you hate Ole no mean say everything na im fault
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
patrickmuf:
Yeah, that's clear. It's not surprising though, I once read where he said Conte had him training on how to control the ball with his back to the goal for like the first 6 months after he joined inter or something close to that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mrviktor:

Hazard still sees him in the dream.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
patrickmuf:
One thing some of you need to understand here is that you can criticize a player but not hate him...

I might prefer Messi doesn't mean I won't support Ronaldo at Manchester United...

Yimu. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Best Squad in the World!
Please don’t bring the squad excuse at the end of the season sha.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 9:16pm On Sep 11, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Though too early, but hope we can stay at the top till we are crowned Champions of EPL this Season.

I think our home form would be key - we dropped too many points at Old trafford last season....even against minnows

My other concern would be Ole's ability to keep Ronaldo fit...especially for crucial matches.

We have started well (results-wise) and i hope we keep it that way
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
Karleb:

Yimu. undecided
Whatever that means...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
Expert17:

1st goal: Mild deflection but it was STILL straight at the GK (The direction didn't change),.

2nd goal: Straight shot that should have bn saved by just closing his legs, first instinct when facing a close shot is to close your legs. Degea will save that all day

Straight from my head, I remember a prime Degea conceding the same type of goal from Hazard.

And let's pretend like the Degea you mentioned hasn't conceded worse from the same Ronaldo.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
Bombblacks:

Various links reported the same thing. 350k
www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/herreras-350000-wage-demands-led-to-man-utd-exit/s8e9vntd5ayg171nkfczic8hc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/football/ander-herrera-turned-offer-manchester-united-almost-double-wages-198468

Herrera left because of some rift with the board. He also had issues with how his contract renewal talks were handled. Had nothing to do with money. Do you know how much he earns in PSG?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
adisaaowala:

I think our home form would be key - we dropped too many points at Old trafford last season....even against minnows

My other concern would be Ole's ability to keep Ronaldo fit...especially for crucial matches.

We have started well (results-wise) and i hope we keep it that way

Ronaldo doesn't need Ole to stay fit. He knows what's good for him, his Career..... so disciplined

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
patrickmuf:
He is still the same donkey he was at United.

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
Expert17:

shocked shocked

Ronaldo and Messi don't have this stats at 21.

27 apps with 29 goals at Salzburg

15 apps with 12 goals for Norway NT

That’s what I said.

Haaland at 21 = Prime Ronaldo(27) = Prime Messi(25)

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
Trevor012:

There's absolutely nothing Herrera offers that would improve the current Man Utd squad. Passion merchant cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
He is a constant bench warmer for Psg and only two caps for Spain. He is and remains an average player at best.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
Oasis007:

Ronaldo doesn't need Ole to stay fit. He knows what's good for him, his Career..... so disciplined

I was actually looking at him being rested at the right times, while maintaining match fitness and form.

As things are, our 'mercenary' grin suffering a burnout, should be avoided by all means
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Remember1313: 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Motivation.

Con be like say Ronaldo dey pray for Lingard cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
Illimitable:

Haaland is the future. cool

At 21, he’s just casually dropping prime Ronaldo/prime Messi stats.

65 games, 65 goals, 19 assists for Dortmund.

This boy is ridiculous.

wahala.. when it's not sunday league football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2021
Manure wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (10800) (10801) (10802) (10803) (10804) (10805) (10806) ... (14120) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Princefame1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.