Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10810) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8661968 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10807) (10808) (10809) (10810) (10811) (10812) (10813) ... (14138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
Liverpool are still a very good team...The title race will be interesting...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
timay1:

Bro we had no strikers at all then after Rashford got injured in the middle of January.

I mean, to even play Carabao cup were we will need a back up , we no get. Ighalo was meant to be a 6 months back up till season end.
Stop bringing up ighalo, except you want to troll.

You earlier asserted Solskjaer doesn’t sign alternatives only for you to move goalposts to say United had no strikers in January 2020.

Were Martial and Greenwood on sabbatical in January to make such a claim that United had no striker available during that time? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
Expert17:

This was my point.

Which was supported by Sport analysts, I don't understand the epistle from that guy.

The epistle was that there was a slight deflection on the ball which meant the keeper couldn't handle it as well as he would have done otherwise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
Uniquisite:
Nawa ohh!

SUPER STORYYYYY

This is not how to welcome people grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
melodyogonna:

The epistle was that there was a slight deflection on the ball which meant the keeper couldn't handle it as well as he would have done otherwise.

Hence the GK made a forced mistake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 7:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Expert17:

Hence the GK made a forced mistake.

The screenshots you shared do not exactly factor in the deflection when it says the keeper just spilled the ball
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
Alejandrah:

Joking apart, I'll say my hubby. He's a fan of United and because if him, I know a lot about football. When I say a lot, I mean a whole lot!!!

I watch football a lot too. At least since 2005.

He's been a fan since 1999; that's what he said anyways. May or may not be true but I believe him.

I personally don't support United but they are one of the teams I support because of him and our little boy. I know he'll grow to love United because hubby gets him United packages.

Today is my boy's first birthday so I joined nairaland today in memory of him!

That's it expert17!

Great, welcome to Man Utd thread.

Happy birthday to your boy!!

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
Illimitable:

If there was no one in the box, why did he make the cross? grin cheesy

We aren’t talking about just putting blind crosses into the box, we are talking about putting the ball on a plate for strikers to score.

Trent is 12 levels above AWB in that aspect.
Only 12 levels? Your maths don't add up, check again

Ronaldo recognized the fact that he didn't anticipate that cross and he should have done better, hence the thumbs up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
Expert17:

Great, welcome to Man Utd thread.

Happy birthday to your boy!!

Thanks big man, God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
TheLequte:
cheesy
You guys are not nice cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Illimitable:

This is another evidence why I don’t rely on bankrupt memories like yours and the other bunch of retards when discussing Manchester United.

I ask again, did Herrera ever play as a DM for United or not? cheesy cheesy

Read my post again. I said Herrera and Fellaini were occasionally used when others were injured.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
timay1:

He wanted Rice obviously and he's not settling for someone that won't be an upgrade to McFred or Matic in DM position, hence he's not signing alternatives.

Athletico didn't want to sell Trippier so better make do with what we have
did he really go for Rice or just media things?
Rice isn't an upgrade on Matic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
KingAlabi:
Why did matic play higher up the pitch than Pogba yesterday?

Na that one I never understand reach now.
I think they were fairly parallel, except that a man pressured the ball immediately it got to Pogba. obviously he was targeted as the guy who starts the build up from deep.. so Matic had to take over the ball progression duties and I think Matic was excellent in the first half. he tired out in the second but that was expected I guess.

besides, that was one of the most disciplined display from Pogba I've seen in a long time. kept things moving as soon as it got to him. didn't bother much that he was always closed down quickly, and trusted his partner to find the forward passes.
any other partner of the other available options, and Pogba would have forced things and probably have a shît game because the others just cannot play inventive forward passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
grin grin

Una no fit make heaven on this Board sha...... don laugh tired.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
I dey watch this Liverpool match, Kelvin Philips na very good ball passer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
grin

Expert17...... watch this Clip, maybe you may have a word to say on Dean and Jones.

https://twitter.com/ArsenalAcademy/status/1437118200941002756?s=19
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
Premier League this season dey funny me grin grin the way referees dey snub players wey just dey fall anyone dey sweet me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
One thing with Leeds games, win or lose you'll enjoy watching it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
elampiro:

Read my post again. I said Herrera and Fellaini were occasionally used when others were injured.

No, you said he didn’t play as a DM for us.

He was played as a DM 33 times especially when Mourinho arrived and it wasn’t because of injuries. Mourinho just preferred him there in those games.

elampiro:

He didn't play DM for us. Only on very few occasions. Our DMs since Ferguson has been Blind, Carrick, Schweisteiger, Sneiderlin, Matic, Fred/McTominay.

Herrera and Fellaini were occasionally used when there was no DM due to injuries
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Expert17...... watch this Clip, maybe you may have a word to say on Dean and Jones.

https://twitter.com/ArsenalAcademy/status/1437118200941002756?s=19

I saw that yesterday. United conceded in the first minute.

I told you guys Henderson is a bum. If the replacement isn’t even better than De Gea, why are we bothering? If there’s ever going to be a DDG replacement, it should be Emiliano Martinez or Oblak.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jargooflife912(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
eph12:
And in as much as I want to share in your optimism about Ronaldo joining the team, I'm sorry to inform you that the presence of Ronaldo won't make the team play any better. The team won't magically become better because Ronaldo has joined and is on the field. This is EPL o
LOL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Illimitable:

I saw that yesterday. United conceded in the first minute.

I told you guys Henderson is a bum. If the replacement isn’t even better than De Gea, why are we bothering? If there’s ever going to be a DDG replacement, it should be Emiliano Martinez or Oblak.

cheesy

..... but according to Lord Expert of House Seventeen, Henderson is better than De Gea. In fact De Gea must go coz we are safe with Dean as our No. 1 GK.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
"Edinson and Cristiano are notorious goalscorers and they have that sense and feeling of when to arrive in the box and what can happen."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
"They’ve played every single situation before, they’ve got that little knack as a striker where they know ‘I’ve got to arrive here’. People will say it’s a tap-in but there's more to it than that. You’ve got defenders watching, but he’s anticipating that rebound so [for that it's] a great goal."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
"I think the last goal was a brilliant example of Cristiano going to the back stick and opening up that space for Anthony [Martial] and Jesse to combine in the middle. They came on and did really well in the build-up."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
"I'm really pleased for everyone who came on. Donny [van de Beek] had his first taste of minutes with a crowd – what Man United [really] feels like. He keeps working hard, he’s such a professional and top lad and he’ll get his minutes. Let’s see what happens on Tuesday."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
"It's not impossible to leave him [Ronaldo] out. He is 36. Mason [Greenwood] is 19 so it's the same, I have to manage his minutes and I have to manage a 36-year-old's minutes as well."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
"The other thing with Cristiano is that he looks after himself so much so I know he will recover quickly. Of course, it's important that we get everyone up and running and to get him up and running."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
"Jesse [Lingard] has had his hard times and he is a lovely boy, or man now. He was allowed to go out [on loan]. I could have kept him because I know how good a player he is but he showed everyone with West Ham and England what kind of player he is."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
"He [Lingard] is a Manchester United fan. He has grown up with the Man United kit on himself since he was a baby so I am so pleased for him and he is a top top player and person."

- Ole Gunner Solskjær

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10807) (10808) (10809) (10810) (10811) (10812) (10813) ... (14138) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.