Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8631325 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10943) (10944) (10945) (10946) (10947) (10948) (10949) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2021
Joezinho:
RN, i care less about Ronaldo/messi comparison..

I hope we get a win today. I feel if we score first we'll win it. Just need to break this yellow arse submarine down properly...

I want a Matic-Pogba or Matic-VDB midfield in this match.. Villareal will be defending so we need to play through the lines more and Matic is the guy to do it imo. And VDB or Pogba can be the ball carrier.

The mere thought of Varane and Ronaldo playing in the Europa league is making me sick. We've been in that competition far too consistently and it needs to stop.

Front six of

Pogba -Matic
Greenwood - Bruno
Ronaldo-Cavani

Telles and Diogo should provide wingplay. And they should whip it in often.

Bruno should be out of the box to prevent counters. And Matic too, to initiate another attack.

Those yellow shorted peeple are stubborn.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2021
Sancho can play a part too. He’s a better Jesse Lingard. Comes to help in midfield, dribbles, better passing just doesn’t shoot as much as Lingard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2021
Emery is coming with Locomotive Train Tactic. We should expect Villareal to be ultra defensive, thus I expect idiotic Ole to start both CR7 and Cavani upfront.

We need crosses flying in from left and right into opposition Box.

My predicted Lineup below...... Hit or Miss.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2021
TheLequte:

Front six of

Pogba -Matic
Greenwood - Bruno
Ronaldo-Cavani

Telles and Diogo should provide wingplay. And they should whip it in often.

Bruno should be out of the box to prevent counters. And Matic too, to initiate another attack.

Those yellow shorted peeple are stubborn.

Very correct. We play Lindelof and varane as our CB, Telles and Dalot as wingbacks, Ronaldo and Cavani in 2 striker system. Recipe for air superiority battle to bypass Villareal’s dogged defensive structure..

AWB not being available could be a blessing in disguise, because it will pretty much force Ole Gollum to use a team that can attack through both flanks.

I'm going to be an optimist and predict a 2-0 win on the basis of Ole Gollum is in the hot seat and somehow the squad plays better when his back is against the wall.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2021
Solskjær: “He [Rashford] looks raring to go, happy and he knows he's missed out on pre-season, but he's done loads of good conditioning work and should be ready soon.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ray07(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2021
Oasis007:
Emery is coming with Locomotive Train Tactic. We should expect Villareal to be ultra defensive, thus I expect idiotic Ole to start both CR7 and Cavani upfront.

Nice sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2021
Solskjær: “They're [Rashford & Amad] still a few weeks away so, hopefully after the international break — they're working hard, both of them positive, and it's been a long, long time for Marcus of course. Probably the longest he's been out but he's needed it.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2021
hensben:
Wait this guys serious for this yarn abi them Dey joke. League wey salah dey feast on messi go struggle. Chai messi don suffer all in the bid to exonerate Ronaldo over him. Ronaldo is great but messi is legendary. Messi talent and performance is equal to pele and maradona while cr7 is below them. Cr7 is fourth best footballer of all time; messi/pele first/second, maradona third while Delima Ronaldo fifth.

Note: I rated cr7 ahead of de Lima due to longevity and stats otherwise, talent wise, de Lima is better than him.

Nevermind actually.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2021
hensben:
Wait this guys serious for this yarn abi them Dey joke. League wey salah dey feast on messi go struggle. Chai messi don suffer all in the bid to exonerate Ronaldo over him. Ronaldo is great but messi is legendary. Messi talent and performance is equal to pele and maradona while cr7 is below them. Cr7 is fourth best footballer of all time; messi/pele first/second, maradona third while Delima Ronaldo fifth.

Note: I rated cr7 ahead of de Lima due to longevity and stats otherwise, talent wise, de Lima is better than him.

grin

Ben Ben........ you no fit give wetin you no get.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2021
Joezinho:

Villarreal are definition of ogbono soup...5 draws and 1 win for them so far in La Liga… This is going to be the lowest of low blocks, just can’t see past a draw but we bloody need that win..

I expected good games against Young Boys and Aston Villa and got shiit on. Now I expect an awful and boring game. Maybe that will reverse-jinx it. Villareal and Everton games are make it or brake it. Must-wins both of them to get back on track.
I watched Real Madrid vs Villareal over the weekend. I hope the Villarreal that turned up against Madrid doesn't turn up tonight if not they'll cause us serious problems...

Hopefully Ole opts for ball players rather than his twins...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 10:48am On Sep 29, 2021
patrickmuf:
I watched Real Madrid vs Villareal over the weekend. I hope the Villarreal that turned up against Madrid doesn't turn up tonight if not they'll cause us serious problems...

Hopefully Ole opts for ball players rather than his twins...

Villarreal already have four 0:0’s this season and haven’t lost a game with the majority of their games being draws.

I also hope Ole Gollum doesn’t persist with Pogba on the left anymore. I'm fed up of it. He's a central midfielder, he should know how to play in central midfield whether that's in a two or three man midfield. Makes no sense that he plays better as a winger than as a midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:48am On Sep 29, 2021
Oasis007:

I'd say hit but I don't know if we'd have enough defensive cover for Telles and Dalot...On the bright side, this selection should see us keep the ball for the most part.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:51am On Sep 29, 2021
Solskjær on Villarreal: "We have played each other five times, every time has been a draw. Very well organised, technically very good. They can play from the back. It is hard to press against them, which I thought we did well in the [Europa League] final."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2021
Oasis007:
Solskjær on Villarreal: "We have played each other five times, every time has been a draw. Very well organised, technically very good. They can play from the back. It is hard to press against them, which I thought we did well in the [Europa League] final."
Have we ever pressed as a unit? This man has an idea what football should be like but he just can't implement what's in his head...

He keeps talking about pressing but we never press as a team, just one or two individuals pressing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:56am On Sep 29, 2021
Unai Emery: “Individually, they [Manchester United] have very good players – attackers like Cavani, Martial and Cristiano Ronaldo. These are three attackers who could play in any team.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:56am On Sep 29, 2021
E be like say Ole tactics for tonight is CR7 + on God.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2021
Oasis007:
Unai Emery: “Individually, they [Manchester United] have very good players – attackers like Cavani, Martial and Cristiano Ronaldo. These are three attackers who could play in any team.”
I saw what you did here ooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2021
Lingardinho teaching Ororo the jlings celebration cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:26am On Sep 29, 2021
Official: Aaron Wan-Bissaka will miss Manchester United game against Atalanta as well as Villarreal. UEFA have given him a two match suspension for 'rough play'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2021
Oasis007:
Baba be very kiaful... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2021
patrickmuf:
Baba be very kiaful... grin

grin

Emery should bring £55m for him nau.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
I hope Ole won’t play a back five today sha plus McFred. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
Nezzjnr:

You still dey that place ahbi you don leave us go Yankee??

Afrodoc2 never send me invitation o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
Oasis007:
Official: Aaron Wan-Bissaka will miss Manchester United game against Atalanta as well as Villarreal. UEFA have given him a two match suspension for 'rough play'

Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
nitrogen:
I hope Ole won’t play a back five today sha plus McFred. undecided

That's a back 7 bro cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
elrony:

That's a back 7 bro cheesy

Looollll, I think that Villarreal plays 5 at the back, so I suspect OGS would wanna replicate same, then add the twins.

I hope I am wrong sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
Villarreal leading our Under-19 1-0. Early mistake from Kambwala.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lordfranklin(m): 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
afrodoc2:
Villarreal leading our Under-19 1-0. Early mistake from Kambwala.
And it's 0-2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
Savage with a stupid clearance.

Another DNA things
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
Even our u19 Dey chop ham.

Lmao.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Shoretire playing CM... lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
3 -0

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10943) (10944) (10945) (10946) (10947) (10948) (10949) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.