Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8663543 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11064) (11065) (11066) (11067) (11068) (11069) (11070) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2021
BikeMan:
This logic has all the K-legs in the world.

The logic is filled with so much emotions. I couldn't finish reading it sef. angry

He said Chilwell hasn't done enough to warrant this discussion. Can you imagine?

So what has Shaw done if I may ask?

If I ask for proof now, they will ignore stats and direct me to Southgate

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
BlueAngel444:
so because Shaw had a good couple of months he is now the best thing to happen to lb undecided like Robertson didn't have his year, or Davis, or Chilwell.

Y manu fans for nairaland be like this

Chelsea saying Chilwell was whatever to the bench had nothing to do with Chilwell's performance but how good Alonso was playing. Wait so how did u come up with this your logic

And it's not like as if even when Chilwell was struggling last season that shaw outperformed him
Who mentioned Robertson? Read again...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:
So if you were appointed the manager of Newcastle, and you are given the option to sign between Shaw and Chilwell, you will sign Shaw? undecided

Some of Una sef grin

The records and stats are there for all. Chilwell was and is better. It's nobody's fault if Shaw is unfit. Fitness is part of this game.

Even if you fork out only Chilwell's record in Leicester, and compare to Shaw within the same period, Ben was still better.

What's annoying is how you guys left proof and started using Southgate's choice as a fact. So Unai Simon would bench DeGea in United abi?

Southgate can bench Chilwell forever. E no concern me. If they both keep playing the same way they play, Chilwell would continue to be better

Nonsense angry
Scummies want us to ignore the numbers and just believe that Shaw is even better than Robertson because of one half-season of football. I can't stop laughing grin grin

Best LB in England my ass

Leyqute:
LMAO.

Luke Shaw won’t make it here.

Leyqute:
Like Shaw has no future here. He’s been very useless and stupid in this game.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
timbros:
Funny how stats show everybody start to 'comot hand' grin grin grin

Izzou you are not a good somebody cheesy
There are some stats there that are not interpreted properly but I don't have time for that anymore
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

The logic is filled with so much emotions. I couldn't finish reading it sef. angry

He said Chilwell hasn't done enough to warrant this discussion. Can you imagine?

So what has Shaw done if I may ask?

If I ask for proof now, they will ignore stats and direct me to Southgate
If I show you stats that Salah is better than Ronaldinho, will you argue otherwise?

Is Gnabry better than Ribbery? If no, what if the stats says otherwise?

I don't do stats, there's more to football than stats...

Iniesta and Zidane are right up there but their stats is easily dwarfed by so many other players in the same position...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
BikeMan:
This logic has all the K-legs in the world.
When you're ready, oblige me...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
BikeMan:
Scummies want us to ignore the numbers and just believe that Shaw is even better than Robertson because of one half-season of football. I can't stop laughing grin grin

Best LB in England my ass

Shaw is the best LB in England because Southgate picked him.

Just imagine the talk grin

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
LS has regressed this season, no doubt about that. He was better last season, that's a fact
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 1:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
If I show you stats that Salah is better than Ronaldinho, will you argue otherwise?

Iniesta and Zidane are right up there but their stats is easily dwarfed by so many other players in the same position...

Can you show me the stats between Ronaldinho and Salah within the same period? NO

Can you show me the stats between Gnarby and Ribery within the same period?

I could go on and on with your examples, but it's not worth it.

Shaw and Chilwell are playing in the same league, and were starters in their respective teams within the same period. That's a good metric for comparison

Which one be Salah and Ronaldinho?

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

Can you show me the stats between Ronaldinho and Salah [within the same period? NO

Can you show me the stats between Gnarby and Ribery [within the same period?

I could go on and on with your examples, but it's not worth it.

Shaw and Chilwell are playing in the same league, and were starters in their respective teams within the same period. That's a good metric for comparison

Which one be Salah and Ronaldinho?
Is Bruno better than KDB?

Is Gundogan better than KDB?

Let's talk stats...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
eph12:
LS has regressed this season, no doubt about that. He was better last season, that's a fact

I know we both have our differences, but God bless you for this statement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
Is Bruno better than KDB?

Is Gundogan better than KDB?

Let's talk stats...

Bring out the records here and compare them

Very simple.

That's proof, and not emotions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
eph12:
This is what any reasonable person should say but then, trust folks to point stats to prove what was visible to even the visually impaired...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

Bring out the records here and compare them

Very simple.

That's proof, and not emotions
That's a prove, that you're not using your eyes and watching games...

Stats tell a whole lotta lies...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
In seven years or thereabout, how long has Shaw been fit for an entire season?

I am not the biggest fan of Shaw but last season he was ahead of Chilwell and to be honest, this season he has underperformed but then, Chilwell has not done enough to warrant this discussion...

Receipts abound on the Chelsea thread where most Chelsea fans said Chilwell was done for especially when he was glued to the bench whilst Alonso reigned Supreme...

If Chilwell continues on playing at this level, overtime, he will displace Shaw as the starting LB for England...

I'd end by saying stats killed the beautiful game and that's why we are having this argument...A pointer? Go and check Koeman's stat as a CB and you'd wonder why he isn't rated as the best CB ever...In this generation, he'd be without doubt be referred to as the G.O.A.T.

But Shaw's unavailability is a cross he has to bear and even when he has been available, he's only been good for a season infact I'd say half a season because I don't remember shaw being great throughout last season.

The same excuse can be used for Chilwell who also had a bad season which can be put on moving to a new club. I mean the form shaw is showing this season really isn't a surprise to anyone as we have seen it before from him.

Stats are not always bad as they expose the agenda aspect of rating players against themselves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
eph12:

There are some stats there that are not interpreted properly but I don't have time for that anymore

Until it gets to Fred cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
That's a prove, that you're not using your eyes and watching games...

Stats tell a whole lotta lies...

Stats of Bruno and Kevin last season.

Tell me the whole lot of lies in it

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:

Okay without using stats, tell us how Shaw is better than Chilwell.
It should be easy for you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

But Shaw's unavailability is a cross he has to bear and even when he has been available, he's only been good for a season infact I'd say half a season because I don't remember shaw being great throughout last season.

The same excuse can be used for Chilwell who also had a bad season which can be put on moving to a new club. I mean the form shaw is showing this season really isn't a surprise to anyone as we have seen it before from him.

Stats are not always bad as they expose the agenda aspect of rating players against themselves.

Stats does not tell the whole story...

Players might get injured off a very bad tackle which isn't their making, so, you'd be wrong if you pinned it on them...

Go to Chelsea thread and see what those who are here yapping their mouths said when Alonso was benching Chilwell...

It's not even worth it to argue further because those who are saying we are emotional are themselves the culprits...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
eph12:

*half a season grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
Stats does not tell the whole story...

Players might get injured off a very bad tackle which isn't their making, so, you'd be wrong if you pinned it on them...

Go to Chelsea thread and see what those who are here yapping their mouths said when Alonso was benching Chilwell...

It's not even worth it to argue further because those who are saying we are emotional are themselves the culprits...
I'm not a Chelsea fan, so let's leave that one.
How is shaw better than Ben?
Please do not use any stats to make your point
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

Stats of Bruno and Kevin last season.

Tell me the whole lot of lies in it

I would advice Patrickmuf to avoid replying this grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
timbros:
Funny how stats show everybody start to 'comot hand' grin grin grin

Izzou you are not a good somebody cheesy

Lol. Personally, I will have Chillwell in my team before Shaw. Personally! I have always been a fan from Leicester days.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
In seven years or thereabout, how long has Shaw been fit for an entire season?

I am not the biggest fan of Shaw but last season he was ahead of Chilwell and to be honest, this season he has underperformed but then, Chilwell has not done enough to warrant this discussion...

Receipts abound on the Chelsea thread where most Chelsea fans said Chilwell was done for especially when he was glued to the bench whilst Alonso reigned Supreme...

If Chilwell continues on playing at this level, overtime, he will displace Shaw as the starting LB for England...

I'd end by saying stats killed the beautiful game and that's why we are having this argument...A pointer? Go and check Koeman's stat as a CB and you'd wonder why he isn't rated as the best CB ever...In this generation, he'd be without doubt be referred to as the G.O.A.T.

My brother, let’s be honest. Shaw is not a better left back than Chillwell abeg. Man is too inconsistent and unserious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

Okay without using stats, tell us how Shaw is better than Chilwell.
It should be easy for you
Did you watch them last season?

I watched over 70% of Chelsea games and 80% of Manchester United games so I can categorically drop an informed opinion...

This season isn't even half way gone and for some part, Chilwell was glued to the bench so, what else to you need me to tell you? Early days bro...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
slimghost:

My brother, let’s be honest. Shaw is not a better left back than Chillwell abeg. Man is too inconsistent and unserious.
This season? Yes but it's too early to say who is the best in the world or in which position...

Off last season, will you rate Chilwell higher than Shaw?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

I would advice to avoid replying this grin

I have personally watched them on this thread use stats to rate Bruno over Kevin

When it favours them, they use stats

When it doesn't favour them, they ditch stats and use their eyes as proof

Double standards everywhere grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

I would advice Patrickmuf to avoid replying this grin
I don't do stats when I can watch two players week in, week out and form an opinion...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

I have personally watched them on this thread use stats to rate Bruno over Kevin

When it favours them, they use stats

When it doesn't favour them, they ditch stats and use their eyes as proof

Double standards everywhere grin
Definitely not me...Ask around...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
This season? Yes but it's too early to say who is the best in the world or in which position...

Off last season, will you rate Chilwell higher than Shaw?

I didn’t conclude just from one season. look at it from their performances over like 6 seasons.
Man is better than Shaw. Shaw had a great season last season that’s why he made it ahead of him at the Euros which is normal.
Form is temporal, class is permanent
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
slimghost:

I didn’t conclude just from one season. look at it from their performances over like 6 seasons.
Man is better than Shaw. Shaw had a great season last season that’s why he made it ahead of him at the Euros which is normal.
Form is temporal, class is permanent
6 Seasons? Shaw that was plaqued with injuries?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11064) (11065) (11066) (11067) (11068) (11069) (11070) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.