Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8626390 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13286) (13287) (13288) (13289) (13290) (13291) (13292) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
Leyqute:

I'm telling you.

Preseason starts in 5 weeks and we haven't had significant progress in landing important transfers.

DDG and Eriksen shouldn't be a starter next season. What are we doing to replace them? Na so so rumor until season start and we'll be running helter-skelter.

The Glazers need to go ASAP. The evil they've done is enough.
Very frustrating something
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
Leyqute:

We'll need to build the squad around him for him to score loads of goals. Don't really like players like that.

It's okay to have them but they're not a priority.

Exactly my thought. He's not the kind of transfer that should excite anybody. Maybe he is a nice to have because while he may offer something from the bench, he won't be able to hold down a first team position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
AImiron:
in your dreams, in the next decade sef una bounce, not to talk of back. Man City will win Epl again next season

Once we sell these average clowns... We go bounce back....

We are going back to the top
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Why?

He has stayed too long.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
Jokerman:

He has stayed too long.

Haha

You mean he would just dispose him off for this reason?

No nau
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Haha

You mean he would just dispose him off for this reason?

No nau

I wish we could get Neymar, even if it's on loan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
Jokerman:

Aside the unnecessary off-field drama he brings, we don't want another "resident doctor" that would come here for extended housemanship...

Someone that cannot keep fit in a Farmers league, na im we go invite come physical EPL?

P.S - he is currently injured!!

"Neymar has been out for approximately 731 days during his time at PSG, i.e. two full years, taking into account the time he has been out for this latest injury. The Brazilian arrived in the discipline of the Parisian side in the 2017/18 season, so the 10 has missed every other season in which he has played for PSG.

From a competitive standpoint, Neymar has missed a total of 104 games in a PSG shirt. The Brazilian has played 173 matches across all competitions, meaning the Brazil captain has been injured in approximately 37.5 percent of the matches in which he has been available for the Parisian club.
"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/psg/2023/03/26/642077b5268e3e343c8b4567.html?bshm=nce/2

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
DDG’s contrat runs out at the end of this month and it’s increasingly looking like he might leave this summer- according to rumors.

Who would you like to replace him- David Reya, Emi Martinez, or who else?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
eph12:

Exactly my thought. He's not the kind of transfer that should excite anybody. Maybe he is a nice to have because while he may offer something from the bench, he won't be able to hold down a first team position

I agree.

Our pressing needs are players who are ready to contribute majorly to our play, not squad options.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Leyqute:
DDG’s contrat runs out at the end of this month and it’s increasingly looking like he might leave this summer- according to rumors.

Who would you like to replace him- David Reya, Emi Martinez, or who else?

Wanna ask sef - how do you rate the present Courtois?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Jokerman:

Thank God you’re not part of the board of directors. United for worse pass like this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Wanna ask sef - how do you rate the present Courtois?

I haven’t seen him much so it’s hard to give an opinion.

From the little I’ve seen, he’s still a good shot stopper. Hes also dominant in the air- he commands his area and comes out to claim crosses, which de Gea doesn’t do.

He’s better than De Gea distribution wise but it’s not as if he’s exceptional in that area. Madrid’s ball playing CBs and midfielders cover up that aspect of his game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Aside the unnecessary off-field drama he brings, we don't want another "resident doctor" that would come here for extended housemanship...

Someone that cannot keep fit in a Farmers league, na im we go invite come physical EPL?

P.S - he is currently injured!!

"Neymar has been out for approximately 731 days during his time at PSG, i.e. two full years, taking into account the time he has been out for this latest injury. The Brazilian arrived in the discipline of the Parisian side in the 2017/18 season, so the 10 has missed every other season in which he has played for PSG.

From a competitive standpoint, Neymar has missed a total of 104 games in a PSG shirt. The Brazilian has played 173 matches across all competitions, meaning the Brazil captain has been injured in approximately 37.5 percent of the matches in which he has been available for the Parisian club.
"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/psg/2023/03/26/642077b5268e3e343c8b4567.html?bshm=nce/2

Still better than Partial
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
Leyqute:

Thank God you’re not part of the board of directors. United for worse pass like this.

Still better than Partial
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dreamxhaser: 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
Abeg when Teh Hag go start dey implement him possession pattern for United.

Anytime I watch his Ajaxt team. I just cant wait till we start playing like that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
Leyqute:

I haven’t seen him much so it’s hard to give an opinion.

From the little I’ve seen, he’s still a good shot stopper. Hes also dominant in the air- he commands his area and comes out to claim crosses, which de Gea doesn’t do.

He’s better than De Gea distribution wise but it’s not as if he’s exceptional in that area. Madrid’s ball playing CBs and midfielders cover up that aspect of his game.

Good - we are getting somewhere...

Matter of fact is that his distribution isn't better than DDGs - that's the bitter truth.

Courtois has been undisputedly one of the top 2 goalkeepers in the world for the last 15 months thereabout yet I have struggled to find where he is being castigated for his "ball-playing inadequacies"....

If we are to get a new goalie, the points you highlighted below should be top priority, not this "ball-playing" mantra that's being unnecessarily overplayed..

Na Neuer I even blame for all these rubbish angry

Leyqute:

From the little I’ve seen, he’s still a good shot stopper. Hes also dominant in the air- he commands his area and comes out to claim crosses,

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Good - we are getting somewhere...

Matter of fact is that his distribution isn't better than DDGs - that's the bitter truth.

Courtois has been undisputedly one of the top 2 goalkeepers in the world for the last 15 months thereabout yet I have struggled to find where he is being castigated for his "ball-playing inadequacies"....

If we are to get a new goalie, the points you highlighted below should be top priority, not this "ball-playing" mantra that's being unnecessarily overplayed..

Na Neuer I even blame for all these rubbish angry

No.

Courtois' distribution isn't world class but it's definitely better than DDG's.

How many times has he been caught napping? Or failed to pick his man once the latter is outside the 18 yard box?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Lana1:
Friends? Who be ur friend? 😒😒
I Dey for you my friend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
Leyqute:

No.

Courtois' distribution isn't world class but it's definitely better than DDG's.

How many times has he been caught napping? Or failed to pick his man once the latter is outside the 18 yard box?

shocked

"I'm not bad with my feet," he said as many have suggested about him. "Maybe I'm not amongst the best but I'm not bad either. I dare to play with my feet and the last ball in which Kalinic put pressure on, I gave it to Varane with my right (he is left-footed). Many keepers would have cleared that ball. Sometimes, I give a bad pass but I know that more goalkeeper, who they say are phenomenal with their feet, commit more errors than me."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/La-Liga/Courtois-Im-not-bad-with-the-ball-at-my-feet/818696?bshm=nce/2

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
angry angry angry
I swear a lot of our players no get brain

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Lana1:
angry angry angry

Thought I was the only one that saw it yesterday...

Bruno was furious and just had to restrain himself..

AWB probably thought the Portuguese was offside
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mirinder: 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
Lana1:
angry angry angry
where man u dey buy these players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dreamxhaser: 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
Lana1:
angry angry angry

E get plenty similar nonsense wey this fools play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mirinder: 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
Jokerman:

Get Neymar and let Garnacho deputise him... I'm not sure Nagelsmann will want Neymar services at PSG
morón, can you take care of his wages and baggages? Neymar no be easy player like those clowns you bought last season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Blake755: 11:26pm On Jun 04, 2023
Lana1:
angry angry angry
I think say nah only me see am wanbissaka nah idiot sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:03am On Jun 05, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Bruno is more of an opportunistic deep-lying 2nd striker/forward than a tactically gifted AM...

Orchestrating play, dropping in between the lines, drawing fouls in dangerous areas, keeping possession till that critical moment to deliver that killer pass etc, aren't his strengths...

We need someone who can retain possession boss. He must go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:04am On Jun 05, 2023
TrebleChamp:
He posted KDB quotes instead 😁

He knows hand must touch his guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:05am On Jun 05, 2023
afrodoc2:

I don't think anybody said a midfielder is not important in a possession-based team, rather that with the way teams press now the GK is the single most important player in a possession-based team. If your GK doesn't excel in both short and long passes you will keep losing the ball via long kicks from the keeper, which is what we are experiencing.

I'll like to see how a new keeper plays with this current players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:42am On Jun 05, 2023
odizeey:

I'll like to see how a new keeper plays with this current players.

Why? This is not a science experiment and the team is not a petri dish. If a new keeper comes in it won't be with these current players because we will improve other aspects of the team as well.
The club won't buy just a GK and neglect all the other aspects of the team just in order to convince a single fan in Africa called odizeey that DDG is a problem in terms of passing out from the back. grin

For the 10,000th time, getting a better ball-playing GK is not a panacea to all our problems playing possession football, but it is a major step in the right direction.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hatakekakashi: 7:56am On Jun 05, 2023
odizeey:

We need someone who can retain possession boss. He must go
I know it, you know it, everyone knows it that there's no way ETH or Man UTD will sell Bruno. He's top 2 if not our most important player and 90% of all clubs will take him in their team in an instant!

We all saw how well the players retained possession when he didn't play away at Sevilla.

Glaringly Bruno's not perfect and needs to improve in some areas, but he's not in any way or form the problem of this team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kingofcasting(m): 8:58am On Jun 05, 2023
^^ Them go gree hear that one? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 9:26am On Jun 05, 2023
Our playing out from the back with DDG went from bad to worse after Martinez injury..

(1) (2) (3) ... (13286) (13287) (13288) (13289) (13290) (13291) (13292) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.