Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1860) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8628908 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
This Pedro transfer news true?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Thiago Silva say Di Maria is leaving United for a bigger club. PSG aren't even the biggest in France...

1. Thats not what he said.

2. Number of previous titles does not equal the 'bigness' of a club, thought it does count.
There is no doubt that PSG are the biggest club in france now, just as there was no doubt that Manyoo was the biggest club in England in 2006
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nihilist:

2. Number of previous titles does not equal the 'bigness' of a club, thought it does count.
There is no doubt that PSG are the biggest club in france now, just as there was no doubt that Manyoo was the biggest club in England in 2006
Mr man are you saying he's right or wrong? PSG that is not even bigger than Ryan Giggs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
PSG vs GIGGS

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
It's safe to say Thiago Silva doesn't even know the history of the club he plays for talk more man utd. He must be ashamed right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nihilist:

& your exact point is?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
This Thiago Moment is the only time i've wished Mourinho was our coach, he would have called a press meeting to dress the guy up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
UniqueGem:
Mr man are you saying he's right or wrong? PSG that is not even bigger than Ryan Giggs.

I'm saying that he did not say that PSG was bigger than Manyoo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nihilist:

Regardless of what he might ve said or not, looking at the state of both clubs now, United are still the bigger club. Shey bcoz of three consecutive Ligue 1 titles, they re now bigger dan United? Ok.

And u said number of previous titles does not equal the bigness of a club?? Tell dat to Madrid and their 10 UCL titles. Madrid went trophyless last season. So yh. PSG are bigger dan Madrid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nihilist:

I'm saying that he did not say that PSG was bigger than Manyoo

"I'm leaving you for a wealthier man" (woman to husband)

"I'm leaving this house for a bigger house"

"He's leaving man united for a bigger club"

Explain to me what the differences are in these statements, isn't it glaring enough?

He clearly said and meant that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
Some rumours.

I think we'll sell DDG before the deadline and replace with Cillisen.

I think we'll sign Pedro who will do ok for us.
I don't believe LvG will play a pure 433 despite what he said. I think it'll be more 4231. Hopefully Morgan starts while Carrick/Bastian. Smalling is currently ahead of jones so I hope he starts against spurs. Im worried about Blind playing CB against any premier league team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Regardless of what he might ve said or not, looking at the state of both clubs now, United are still the bigger club. Shey bcoz of three consecutive Ligue 1 titles, they re now bigger dan United? Ok.

And u said number of previous titles does not equal the bigness of a club?? Tell dat to Madrid and their 10 UCL titles. Madrid went trophyless last season. So yh. PSG are bigger dan Madrid.

Stick to the point and stop flipflopping.

1. Manyoo is obviously bigger than PSG
2. Thiago Silva did not say PSG were bigger than Manyoo. Read the quotes in context and you'll see that papers are inventing some shade to sell copies.
3. PSG are the biggest club in France right now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
dopeJemi:

"I'm leaving you for a wealthier man" (woman to husband)

"I'm leaving this house for a bigger house"

"He's living man united for a bigger club"

Explain to me what the differences are in these statements, isn't it glaring enough?

He clearly said and meant that

1. Thiago does not speak English or even French causing an opportunity for the nuances of his statement to be lost in translation

2. To me the context of the statement appears to be highlighting PSG as a club who is now able to attract talent in Europe, though not at the same level as Madrid and Barca

3. Silva is a mercenary. Do you think he gives two about who the 'bigger club' is?

All I'm trying to point out is that Newspapers and media houses have an incentive to spin the story out of context. Clickbaiting generates Advertising income.

I'm done with the discussion

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nihilist:

1. Thiago does not speak English or even French causing an opportunity for the nuances of his statement to be lost in translation

2. To me the context of the statement appears to be highlighting PSG as a club who is now able to attract talent in Europe, though not at the same level as Madrid and Barca

3. Silva is a mercenary. Do you think he gives two about who the 'bigger club' is?

All I'm trying to point out is that Newspapers and media houses have an incentive to spin the story out of context. Clickbaiting generates Advertising income.

I'm done with the discussion

If his words were "he's leaving united for a bigger club" then I think it is you who is trying to twist it to look like what you want it to look like

From an objective point of view, if those were his exact words, then he meant PSG is bigger than united and I think that's how everyone sees it except you, to be honest.. no two ways about it man

I don't think thiago, if asked, would give the same reply you giving, he doesn't speak english nor speak french which is the more reason his statement is plain and out there

I'm done too smiley

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
dopeJemi:

If his words were "he's leaving united for a bigger club" then I think it is you who is trying to twist it to look like what you want it to look like

From an objective point of view, if those were his exact words, then he meant PSG is bigger than united and I think that's how everyone sees it except you, to be honest.. no two ways about it man

I don't think thiago, if asked, would give the same reply you giving, he doesn't speak english nor speak french which is the more reason his statement is plain and out there

I'm done too smiley

This is how I know you haven't read the quotes.

He did not say Di Maria was leaving Man utd for a bigger club. He did not mention the words Manchester, United, and Bigger.

Like I said, let's end this here. If you still want to be angry then no vex, carry on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
UniqueGem:
This Thiago Moment is the only time i've wished Mourinho was our coach, he would have called a press meeting to dress the guy up.
pfft waste of time! who is Silva to steam press conference from United? there are 1001 defenders who's gone through the OT gates better than Silva.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nihilist:

This is how I know you haven't read the quotes.

He did not say Di Maria was leaving Man utd for a bigger club. He did not mention the words Manchester, United, and Bigger.

Like I said, let's end this here. If you still want to be angry then no vex, carry on.

That's where "if those were his actual words" comes in

If dangote tell bill gates say he get money pass am, bill gates children go vex? Nah

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
dopeJemi:

I'm done too smiley
You don't get it ,when Sturrige left Chelsea for Liverpool he call the reds "the biggest club in the world" ,now this certainly isn't d truth but we all know that Liverpool is a big club n d in light of d situation it was understandable. Now Thiago is referring to the current status of both clubs whereby United is still not up to d level de were b4 n not d history of both clubs ,it might look like he is sounding off n ignorant but we can forgive his english just like we regularly forgive Aloysius.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
parrotibaba:
You don't get it ,when Sturrige left Chelsea for Liverpool he call the reds "the biggest club in the world" ,now this certainly isn't d truth but we all know that Liverpool is a big club n d light of d situation it was understandable. Now Thiago is referring to the current status of both clubs whereby United is still not up to d level de were b4 n not d history of both clubs ,it might look like he is sounding off n ignorant but we can forgive his english just like we regularly forgive Aloysius.

I absolutely get it, i'll put it down to Ignorance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Shame about Rafael leaving the club. his fitness record just didnt let him gain the required consistency. He looked like being one of the very best right backs around when he was fit and firing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
Rafa was the closest fit we had at right back after the departure of G.Neville. One of my fav players.
I can never discredit his efforts in a red shirt. Always gave 100%.

Reported £2m though. It's like we just give players away these days.

MrTA:
Shame about Rafael leaving the club. his fitness record just didnt let him gain the required consistency. He looked like being one of the very best right backs around when he was fit and firing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
Anyone else feel like we might be abit undercooked as the season starts this saturday? We played just 3 preseason games with none at Old Trafford. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
With no centre back in sight, our first game is not what i'm looking forward to seeing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
Rafael Da Silva joins Lyon on a four year deal.

wish him success

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
I don't understand the rationale behind the new 3 yr deal for Young tho. something tells me the guy is a fraud. he did nothing after his first contract year @ United, went on holidays till 7 months to his last year on the contract. who says he's not putting the recent efforts just to earn a new deal undecided
I may be wrong tho but I'll be damned if...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
SailorXY:
I don't understand the rationale behind the new 3 yr deal for Young tho. something tells me the guy is a fraud. he did nothing after his first contract year @ United, went on holidays till 7 months to his last year on the contract. who says he's not putting the recent efforts just to earn a new deal undecided
I may be wrong tho but I'll be damned if...

My exact sentiment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
parrotibaba:
Rafael Da Silva joins Lyon on a four year deal.

wish him success

this is heartbreaking sad

Don't even know what to say... . Lvg had better know what he's doing :angry

This isn't just about the so called fitness issues
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
sadI Will Miss Rafael. ...chaii
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:17am On Aug 04, 2015
chamotex:
Rafa was the closest fit we had at right back after the departure of G.Neville. One of my fav players.
I can never discredit his efforts in a red shirt. Always gave 100%.

Reported £2m though. It's like we just give players away these days.

I heard he had just one year left on his contract that na why the price was that small.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:00am On Aug 04, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I heard he had just one year left on his contract that na why the price was that small.

LvG is a tool!! He'd have offered Raf a new contract. For fúck's sake, we've only one natural RB, Darmian. SMH.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:46am On Aug 04, 2015
sinizia:

LvG is a tool!! He'd have offered Raf a new contract. For fúck's sake, we've only one natural RB, Darmian. SMH.

LVG sees both Valencia and Damian as our RB. Damian is expected to fight for that shirt since Valencia seem to be the preferred player since he was here first and that's why he would sell off Rafael just like that. LVG seems to be impressed with Valencia in the) position,

We will find out during the season if the decision to sell Rafael was/is a good one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:01am On Aug 04, 2015
codedguy1:

LVG sees both Valencia and Damian as our RB. Damian is expected to fight for that shirt since Valencia seem to be the preferred player since he was here first and that's why he would sell off Rafael just like that. LVG seems to be impressed with Valencia in the) position,

We will find out during the season if the decision to sell Rafael was/is a good one.

That's why i said LvG is an Idíot since he seems impressed with Valencia as a RB. Val ain't no RB, converting him to a RB doesn't change shít. This is the same madness he's about to attempt in making Blind a LCB just because he doesn't want him benched in that mid-field.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.