Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:00 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8508679 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3826) (3827) (3828) (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) ... (14078) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2017
TapDance:
Niggas really bungee jumping on a trophy they gotta zoom in on.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:38pm On Feb 26, 2017
José Mourinho becomes the first manager in Manchester United history to win silverware in the 1st season in charge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sunday's triumph was also Jose's fourth in the competition after three previous successes during his two tenures at Chelsea, drawing him level with Sir Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough. Victory over Southampton means the Portuguese coach has impressively won 11 of his 13 cup finals as a manager.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
"I’m a bit emotional, It’s not easy to win titles so many times, it’s not easy to cope with the pressure I put myself under all of my career."

- Jose Mourinho

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ibrahimovic also netted the opener in the 3-2 victory, which saw Jose Mourinho become the fir Manchester United manager to win a major hono in their first season at the club.

Jose..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
"I could see the difference between Herrera and Sean Davis. I could see the difference between Redmond and others. But it is something that we coped with because we were humble, the boys fought together and obviously had a bit of luck. The 3-2 came in a moment when it was difficult for them to react."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ibrahimovic also netted the opener in the 3-2 victory, which saw Jose Mourinho become the fir Manchester United manager to win a major hono in their first season at the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
"It was a big target for me to win a trophy with Manchester United but the reality is we want more. My contract is long, I have two more years plus this one so hopefully I can win something more this season. I know it is difficult, but the reality is we have to fight for more.”

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
"I never beg for a player to sign a contract, I never beg for a player to play for me. One day Zlatan decided to go to Barca from Inter. I was very sad, but I did nothing to try to stop him from going.

"I don’t beg for players but if needed, I think United fans can go to the door of his [Ibrahimovic] house and stay there all night if needed. I think they will go for sure. We want, we believe, that he is going to stay with us for one more season.”

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
"We know Sir Alex [Ferguson] is the best ever, so to be with him and also Mr Clough, with his great history in English football with Nottingham Forest, for me it’s fantastic. But the most important thing for me is the happiness of everyone at the club.

"I saw the owners, I saw the fans, I saw the players, that is the most important thing for me."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
“I don’t want to look at this win as a platform. I prefer to look at it as something in hand. It is one less competition that we delete from our minds. We had it in our minds for about a month. It is over, it is finished. It is a sense of relief. 

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
sinizia:

I totally disagree. Redmond is 100% better than Lingard. The guy is good and can get better.
Lana1:
Redmond is better. I dont even need Squawka or Who Scored to prove this.

At least with Redmond, u know to expect something from him every game.

The goal aside, the difference btw Redmond and Lingard was clear today...
.. Abeg leave story.
I repeat, he's hardly better.
If at all, not by significant much and more importantly, not the upgrade we need.
Redmond is just another headless chicken British player who only dribbles a little bit better than Lingard.
I can count many other things Lingard does better, but I'm not interested in who Is better between them.

Again the point is if at all Redmond is an upgrade (debatable), it is not the level of upgrade we need.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CONTEDDICTED: 12:10am On Feb 27, 2017
PietroRico:
.. Abeg leave story.
I repeat, he's hardly better.
If at all, not by significant much and more importantly, not the upgrade we need.
Redmond is just another headless chicken British player who only dribbles a little bit better than Lingard.
I can count many other things Lingard does better, but I'm not interested in who Is better between them.

Again the point is if at all Redmond is an upgrade (debatable), it is not the level of upgrade we need.
Are you kidding me?? Like seriously, are you taking the piss or what??

Redmond?? Nathan Redmond?? If na joke, stop am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CONTEDDICTED: 12:13am On Feb 27, 2017
Bailly na bang average defender
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 1:41am On Feb 27, 2017
didn't want to ruin mourinho fan boys party, capital one cup is now celebrated wildly! here even the ibadan village boy lana nearly had an orgasm. The downward slide continues from fa cup to capital one cup what an upgrade.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by cstr55: 2:26am On Feb 27, 2017
Bloody robbers. And mourinho annoys the fucck out of me.
Get ready to be humiliated at Stamford bridge.
All your referee antics will not save you guys then.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:03am On Feb 27, 2017
cstr55:
Bloody robbers. And mourinho annoys, the fucck out of me.
take one of the broken pieces from the crate of bottles you just shattered and slit your throat... If we 'annoys' you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 7:20am On Feb 27, 2017
elampiro:
José Mourinho becomes the first manager in Manchester United history to win silverware in the 1st season in charge.
so community shield no be silverware again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:34am On Feb 27, 2017
elampiro:
just as nyabinghi is the first graduate to display his graduation gown pix on dis thread....

15 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:19am On Feb 27, 2017
Herrera plays like a local lad, he gives his all on the field of play...

Class act...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:45am On Feb 27, 2017
patrickmuf:
Herrera plays like a local lad, he gives his all on the field of play...

Class act...

He might get to captain the team someday. He's united all through. He gives his all on the pitch of play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:53am On Feb 27, 2017
larride:

He might get to captain the team someday. He's united all through. He gives his all on the pitch of play.
Yeah, he is my favorite player along with Mata, Martial and Rojo (All about that thug life shit)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmaniac(m): 9:04am On Feb 27, 2017
cstr55:
Bloody robbers. And mourinho annoys the fucck out of me.

Who is this filthy blue pained bastard!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2017
I think Bailly and Smalling problems are lack of proper positioning and poor concentration. They also find it hard to play against a team with technical movement. When they come against a team that relies on speed and strength to beat defenders, they are comfortable.

But I don't think we need new central defenders. These guys are young and will improve. Our four central defenders are good enough to carry us anywhere. The likes of Ramos, Pepe, Cahil, etc are on their peak and will soon start declining. Our defenders are ascending.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by louiskay(m): 9:25am On Feb 27, 2017
Its very obvious.....

Ur sense dey ur shit_hole.

nyabinghi:
didn't want to ruin mourinho fan boys party, capital one cup is now celebrated wildly! here even the ibadan village boy lana nearly had an orgasm. The downward slide continues from fa cup to capital one cup what an upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 9:38am On Feb 27, 2017
That was a good game to watch yesterday. Southampton coning back into the game made it more interesting and entertaining. It also made it a good final match and not a one sided match.

I'll take that win as a good win, though we weren't at our best. I knew it wasn't going to be an easy final for us but i knew we'll edge Soithampton with enough experience we have in our team.

Two reasons why i felt it won't be easy for us were;

1. Southampton have had a good run in the EFL Cup and in the process eliminated Arsenal and beat Liverpool (home and away). Up until that final, they didn't conceed a goal throughout. Particularly, i watched them against Liverpool home and away, they were impressive and i mentioned it here that time.

2. The second reason was that i knew tiredness will creep in because this is our fourth game since on the 16th meaning fourth game in 11 days. While Southampton played their last game on the 11th. That's about 15 days of rest. They were very fresh and it showed in their game, they were full or running stretching our full backs to the extreme. They later tired out towards the end of the game when our experience counted as a team.

People saying Smalling should be sold. Please, who should we buy and at how much should we buy the better defenders? I'm not saying we shouldn't buy, but what if we buy and later find out that they are not better than the ones we sold? City have bought how many defenders now? Have they bettered City's defence? I wouldn't want us to experience such. Bailly that we bought expensively has been on poor form of recent. Should we also sell him? He was equally guilty for the first goal yesterday. Also, a Southampton player outpacing him on a run into our box. Smalling was still the better of the two yesterday. With Mourinho, I believe they'll improve.
All our defenders were just lethargic yesterday.

Nevertheless, that was a good win. Looking forward to more cup finals.

GGMU!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 9:58am On Feb 27, 2017
So man u won the efl last night and some of their fans are saying they won a double trophy(+ community shield)...
We can expect a trophy parade @ d end of the season with the double
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:00am On Feb 27, 2017
tess1:

People saying Smalling should be sold. Please, who should we buy and at how much should we buy the better defenders?

Raphael varane from real madrid! Moves have already begun!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2017
Chestar5:
So man u won the efl last night and some of their fans are saying they won a double trophy(+ community shield)...
We can expect a trophy parade @ d end of the season with the double
okay u have been noticed.......
can u now go and take up ur duty in the other room

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2017
lekkie073:
just as nyabinghi is the first graduate to display his graduation gown pix on dis thread....
just like lekkie the first man u fan to be treated for madness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 10:14am On Feb 27, 2017
congrats manure.... u won
but i hate it wen credit aint giving to soton, if d ref was fair enough its shd av enter extra time if dere goal was rightly awarded. if moanrinho was d victim we wont hear word till next year

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:14am On Feb 27, 2017
louiskay:
Its very obvious.....
Ur sense dey ur shit_hole.
idiot clap for yourself, I have noticed you

(1) (2) (3) ... (3826) (3827) (3828) (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) ... (14078) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.