Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8666317 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
De Gea, Rafeal, evans, smalling, buttner, nani, jones, giggs, kagawa, rooney, hernandez

Subs; zaha, januzaj, carrick, wellbeck, anderson, fabio, Amos
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
ryan giggs in the line-up again?
cleverley & anderson could have started this game and that would have preserved fellaini & carrick. i dunno why we persist with giggs in the midfield. he's too frail to cope there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: What is Moyes yapping about? What was he thinking making those comments about taking more beatings? What sort of improvement is he talking about? He was handed a title winning team, Epl defending champions and an entire summer to improve with new signings. He preferred to wait till the 11th hour before rushing out to make a signing.

I've tried to desist from commenting since after the city game, but the interview I just read at Goal made me shudder. We're all trying to be patient, but let him not test our patience. This is not Everton, this is Manutd!

Honestly Moyes reported comments in that interview deeply distressed me. I had to keep replaying Baba's words (stand by the new manager, as you did with me) in order not to lose all hope and confidence. I will try to not say anymore and just continue hoping he comes good eventually and we don't fall away before he hopefully gets up to speed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
montelik:

Honestly Moyes reported comments in that interview deeply distressed me. I had to keep reciting Baba's words (stand by the new manager, as you did with me) in order not to lose all hope and confidence. I will try to not say anymore and just continue hoping he comes good eventually and we don't fall away before he hopefully gets up to speed.

Those comments by the boss are enough to weaken morale of the fans. The only good thing he can achieve from it is to make the players know they are indispensable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
Is Zaha messing up in training? Its odd he can't even get a start in game like tonight's. Would have loved to see Januzaj start behind Hernandez or on the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Jones & Giggs in d mid! Wat a midfield!
It's like Cleverly is injured?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AndrERush(m): 7:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
Unfortunately I can't watch this game. Seems like Liverpool really want this, their line up is pretty strong. I think we are in for a tough game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
kagawa playing rubbish so far.
losing the ball all over the place. hope he improves as d match progresses
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nani obviously not fully fit yet.
That might explain DM reluctance to use him regularly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
We are playing more like as united should play without the bite and precision to finish, just comfortable.

Nani and Kagawa seem not fully fit, am sure they know they can perform better than what they are doing now. But am ready to cut them some slack with their display. They seem atleast mobile as a team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
With Hernandez upfront we are going to need to be a bit quicker in getting the ball forward and more direct to create chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
At least we don't look drugged tonight. The guys are marking and not allowing Liverpool much breathing space. But the Scousers do look dangerous in attack.

I'm worried about the defense. I see holes and some losses in concentration, e.g. how could Evans miss the ball like that, allowing Suarez the opportunity to make that steal??
Smalling is working hard though.

The MF has no bite. Kagawa truly isn't fully fit yet; Nani's presence is only showing in flashes, though beautifully bright flashes. I hope he gets better in 2nd half. Giggs isn't linking up with Rooney attack-wise like he usually does. That needs to change.

Rooney is playing too deep for my liking, though he kinda makes up for it by being almost everywhere at once. Wonder what the man eats.
I'm not feeling Chicharito's presence. Poor positioning, perhaps. . . undecided

2nd half had berra produce goals before Liverpool get one in and set the mood on a downward spiral.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2013
montelik: With Hernandez upfront we are going to need to be a bit quicker in getting the ball forward and more direct to create chances.

true talk.
maybe midway through the 2nd half we could bring on zaha and adnan for nani and kagawa.poor boys cant last the 90minutes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2013
Chicharito gets one in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
goal!!! baba niyen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
forget it,this smalling na 5th columnist! he is barely a footballer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nani is too selfish to my liking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Don't know if it's just me, but it seems Chicharito has really improved on his overall game play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Carrick warming up? Can't he allow carrick rest this one out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
coded guy: Carrick warming up? Can't he allow carrick rest this one out.

What is Phil Jones doing? He is probably gonna take Jones off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hernandez and Kagawa off? Could someone explain these sub choices to me?
Both guys were getting into the flow of the game!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bxg(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Is Januzaj ahead of zaha or is he getting the starts cuz of his contract
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
these i.diot defenders should stop trying to intercept the ball in front of Suarez!
he WILL turn you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Cristalz: Hernandez and Kagawa off? Could someone explain these sub choices to me?
Both guys were getting into the flow of the game!

cant explain it. now we are playing without a centre forward
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
Well we're through to the next round, where we will surely draw City, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
montelik: Well we through the next round, where we will surely draw City, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal.

LOL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
De Gea pulled some fantastic saves today. Also, Chicharito's now scored in his last 3 starts for United.

Meanwhile, our certainly-not first team beat Liverpool's strongest possible team. Here's hoping Moyes gets some credit for that on this board.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
Good defensive work by Jones 2day.
Nani is still rusty n needs more games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
montelik: Well we're through to the next round, where we will surely draw City, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal.

If Arsenal go through.
They're prepping for 30 minutes ET. WBA holding 'em down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
chrisley024: Good defensive work by Jones 2day.

Not all good. His fouls were terrible. Liverpool coulda scored from the freekicks he gave away.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
Purist: De Gea pulled some fantastic saves today. Also, Chicharito's now scored in his last 3 starts for United.

Meanwhile, our certainly-not first team beat Liverpool's strongest possible team. Here's hoping Moyes gets some credit for that on this board.

the benefits of home advantage....
if we had played liverpool & city at OT in the league, we wouldn't have lost to them. that said, moyes should be relieved now and this result should spur him on to take 15 points in the next 5 league games.

very happy rafael got 90 mins tonight.

chrisley024: Good defensive work by Jones 2day.

jones was horrible - no composure, no vision, no awareness. his future is in the defence. I cannot for the life of me why we play him in the midfield.

i'm sure we would draw man city or chelsea away from OT. with the kind of luck moyes has, i won't be surprised if he draws real madrid or barcelona in the carling cup. 6 games gone in the season & we have played liverpool(twice), chelsea & city - what the fück??

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Dantedasz(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.