Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8653971 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

my point exactly! welbeck had d better game of d 2 before chicharito was taken off.added to dis is d fact dt welbeck is a better bet for d lone striker role,i see y fergie took off hernandez.however welbeck had better improve his finshing n learn how to take such chances or else he will b shown d way out.at d same time chicharito has to learn to improve his own game too i.e ball control,holdup play,passing n dribbling/running wit d ball.

stop analysing football like this.
welbeck did not have a better game than hernandez before the mexican was taken off. . . .it is actually what a striker does when he's given the chance that matters. and it matters a lot. when chicharito was on the pitch, how many chances did we create for him? none - nil.

when chicharito left, welbeck had 3 golden chances to kill the game. he missed them all.
using the wrong execution in each of the chances in the dying minutes. we could have won 5-0 today if the 2nd goal had come quicker to silence the canaries.
welbeck is a liability. i don't care how much link-up play he does.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2012
Shame Ryan giggs is so morally bankrupt. I would have renamed my first son after him.  What a legend. cheesy

I didnt watch the match today as it was hard to find a decent stream but I was abit unhappy about Berbatov not starting. I wanted Berbatov and Hernandez to start really and Im not happy about Welbeck's erratic finishing. He's getting a really good chance of first team games this season something people like Rossi didnt get and he's just not really taking it. He will keep getting chances as I know fergie will continue to give him opportunities but he really needs to step it up. HE just seems to lack the composure when finishing but Im more than happy with his all round game.

Scholes and Giggs still saving us just goes to show that the young players still have a long way to go to carry on in the house that Fergie built.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

my point exactly! welbeck had d better game of d 2 before chicharito was taken off.added to dis is d fact dt welbeck is a better bet for d lone striker role,i see y fergie took off hernandez.however welbeck had better improve his finshing n learn how to take such chances or else he will b shown d way out.at d same time chicharito has to learn to improve his own game too i.e ball control,holdup play,passing n dribbling/running wit d ball.
Ask me how much of hold-up play Ole Gunnar or Andy Cole or even Ruud had as strikers past for United.Almost non-existent.
Chicha is all about movement off the ball and getting into scoring positions (something Welbeck knows nothing of judging from todays game):the first requirement of a successful striker.Any other thing is secondary.The daft little punk has learnt the art of striking in reverse order:unfortunately he might never be able to be a better finisher.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2012
welbeck could have made himself a hero today by scoring a hatrick.

the chances he had weren't half-chances. . . .they were one v one with the goalie/net and he squandered them.
the free header was the worst. how can you miss an empty net from 5 yards? his timing for the header was poor, the execution was pathetic.
no football sense too - he does not know when to shoot, when to chip or when to hold because his intended shot was going to be blocked.

abeg, enough negatives. . . . .he's too immature to be leading our attack.
fergie would continue to play him though. fergie musta bet welbeck would go to the euros in the summer and his continuous appearance for us means he would get on the plane to ukraine. apart from that, he's not better than berbatov or owen or even bebe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2012
Expect Welbeck to start vs Spurs a week from today.
Senile Fergie will piss away whatever chances we have of retaining the title by constantly fielding the dullard.We have last season's joint-top scorer growing logs from his arse on the bench yet this slowpoke called Welbeck keeps starting games.
And my,I gotta say this.Why didn't DeGea perform like this all season?
I'm not changing my view on him though. . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2012
he is not better than berbatov   FACT
he is not better than a fit owen  OK
but bebe,seriously?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2012
de gea will get better as long as d fans stay on his side while he learns d british game n improves his aerial ability.d key is for his confidence not to b shot before then by constant criticism
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2012
StarBoard:

Expect Welbeck to start vs Spurs a week from today.
Senile Fergie will piss away whatever chances we have of retaining the title by constantly fielding the dullard.We have last season's joint-top scorer growing logs from his arse on the bench yet this slowpoke called Welbeck keeps starting games.
And my,I gotta say this.Why didn't DeGea perform like this all season?
I'm not changing my view on him though. . .

de gea's problem is acclimatizing to the physical premier league.
once he gets used to catching the ball in a crowded box, he would be world class. his mistakes have been magnified because of vidic's absence too.
with vidic on the pitch, 90% of the balls pumped into the box would be cleared by vida. . . .

as for welbeck, the missed header was criminal.
i nearly wept! his forehead is three times bigger than the ball and yet he completely missed the header.
the difference between him and hernandez is their composure. hernandez does not flinch when aiming for the net. welbeck either overhits or underhits the ball.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2012
coogar,
I agree De Gea has to acclamatise but I think his mental capacity is fragile at best.He hardly seems to recover from any mistakes he makes and is susceptible to criticism. When you think he was supposed to be a direct and even better replacement for van Der Sar, I think he hasn't adjusted quick enough.
But he is good:I have to give him that.
As per Welbeck going to Ukraine,he can forget it.Not with displays that aren't any better than quadriplegic/paraplegics.
That missed header made my landlord faint,I swear.Who still mis-times jumps in this day and age?
As per England,I can only imagine what farce England would descend into if Harry is given the job, from what I saw at the Emirates today.His coaching was shambolic.You have Modric,Bale,Van Der Vart amongst others yet you succumbed so easily to the slightest bit of Arsenal pressure.Tell me what he'll do with more technically-inferior players. . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:36pm On Feb 26, 2012
we all want d best for d club and by we i am including fergie,he wont jeopardize united's chances for england(remember he is scottish).
these 2 strikers pose a conundrum,welbeck is better than hernandez in almost all things outside d box while hernandez is better than welbeck in almost all things inside d box.so who do u pick and against wat teams? i hope we keep both and help them improve their game cos if they iron out their issues i see them terrorizing defences for years to come.
but please wt is fergie's plan for berbatov?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2012
StarBoard:

coogar,
I agree De Gea has to acclamatise but I think his mental capacity is fragile at best.He hardly seems to recover from any mistakes he makes and is susceptible to criticism. When you think he was supposed to be a direct and even better replacement for van Der Sar, I think he hasn't adjusted quick enough.
But he is good:I have to give him that.

starboard, our defence has been shyte in the absence of vidic. we don't have the aggressive centre-half that really wants to head the ball with commitment.
smalling, evans and rio are all the same. they can only mop up - not in the mould of vida, stam, dunne, etc.

As per Welbeck going to Ukraine,he can forget it.Not with displays that aren't any better than quadriplegic/paraplegics.
That missed header made my landlord faint,I swear.Who still mis-times jumps in this day and age?

welbeck will go to euros. he has scored in too many high profile games to merit his invitation.
and again, who has he got as rivals? caroll? sturridge? heskey? bent? none of them is good enough.
rooney is the only england striker better than welbeck. others are in the same level or lower.

As per England,I can only imagine what farce England would descend into if Harry is given the job, from what I saw at the Emirates today.His coaching was shambolic.You have Modric,Bale,Van Der Vart amongst others yet you succumbed so easily to the slightest bit of Arsenal pressure.Tell me what he'll do with more technically-inferior players. . .

harry left it too open. spurs should have gone for the 4-2-3-1 that has served them well.
but the game against newcastle where they hammered the toons 5-0 with saha and adebayor got them bugging and they tried to do that @ the emirates.
to be fair to them, they counter-attacked very well in the first half but spurs have always had fragile mental strength.

3-0 against man utd, united won 5-3.
2-0 against man utd, united won 5-2
2-0 against arsenal, arsenal won 5-2.

that said, i think the defending in the[b] big games[/b] this season have been shambolic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2012
de gea should come good n he will b given ample time to show his quality.like coogar said a fit vidic myt hv given some more protection while dey work on his game in training.i will judge him not dis season but nxt season when has hd d benefit of another pre season,acclimatized,bulked up and gotten a better understanding of d language
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

we all want d best for d club and by we i am including fergie,he wont jeopardize united's chances for england(remember he is scottish).
these 2 strikers pose a conundrum,welbeck is better than hernandez in almost all things outside d box while hernandez is better than welbeck in almost all things inside d box.so who do u pick and against wat teams? i hope we keep both and help them improve their game cos if they iron out their issues i see them terrorizing defences for years to come.
but please wt is fergie's plan for berbatov?
Strikers are judged for what they do IN THE BOX, my friend.
On that account,Welbeck cannot be mentioned in the same sentence with JH14.
Even outside it,Welbeck is a mor.on most times.
In his almighty and unchallenged Wisdom Fergie will gamble on Welbeck and cost us the title.
If you were so sure about Fergie's abilities,you wouldn't be asking about Berbatov.
Because he should be starting ahead of Welbeck yet it is t so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2012
bros calm down grin
strikers r judged PRIMARILY by wt dey do in d box but dts not all there is to it.players like bergkamp,teddy,le tissier didnt work their magic only in d box.weda welbeck is a slowpoke or not i will leave dt to analysts like u but while he n chicharito were on d pitch TOGETHER he had d better game and when fergie decided dt he was going to play a lone man up front it had to b welbeck whose game is more suited to dt n who was having d better game.i am not going into d old argument of who is better welbeck or chicharito,but hernandez had a poor match until he was taken off today.
and concerning fergie,even though i think he is a great manager i know he isnt God so i have a right to ask questions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:58pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

bros calm down grin
strikers r judged PRIMARILY by wt dey do in d box but dts not all there is to it.players like bergkamp,teddy,le tissier didnt work their magic only in d box.weda welbeck is a slowpoke or not i will leave dt to analysts like u but while he n chicharito were on d pitch TOGETHER he had d better game and when fergie decided dt he was going to play a lone man up front it had to b welbeck whose game is more suited to dt n who was having d better game.i am not going into d old argument of who is better welbeck or chicharito,but hernandez had a poor match until he was taken off today.
and concerning fergie,even though i think he is a great manager i know he isnt God so i have a right to ask questions

welbeck has the rooney syndrome. . . .

he overworks himself on things he shouldn't be paying attention to and when the crucial moment comes, he fluffs his chance.
hernandez doesn't do much outside the box but he's the best poacher in england. . . .if he gets 10 chances, he would score 8 or 9.
welbeck is the exact opposite of hernandez.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2012
coogar i agree.
i would hv started berba n hernandez in dis match just cos i know norwich would come out to play n there will spaces best xploited by berba's vision n hernandez finishing BUT fergie in his wisdom(which though great isnt infinite) decided to go with welbeck n chicharito.
for watever reasons hernandez didnt hav a great game n we were losing d midfield battle so it made sense to bring giggs inwards take out one striker n play young on d left.u wont get any sane man arguing over who is better finisher chicharito or welbeck,chicharito is probably d best finisher in d EPL but to get to d nxt level he has to improve his game! if he wasnt a united player i wont care butr his game is too limited at d moment
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

coogar i agree.
i would hv started berba n hernandez in dis match just cos i know norwich would come out to play n there will spaces best xploited by berba's vision n hernandez finishing BUT fergie in his wisdom(which though great isnt infinite) decided to go with welbeck n chicharito.
for watever reasons hernandez didnt hav a great game n we were losing d midfield battle so it made sense to bring giggs inwards take out one striker n play young on d left.u wont get any sane man arguing over who is better finisher chicharito or welbeck,chicharito is probably d best finisher in d EPL but to get to d nxt level he has to improve his game! if he wasnt a united player i wont care butr his game is too limited at d moment

i think the reason giggs was moved centrally was because he was leaving evra exposed.
all of norwich's good attacking play came from evra's side of the pitch. giggs was hardly there to put a shield in front of evra.
ashley young came into it and he was tracking back better and i was so happy for his assist today. . . . that was a peach of a cross.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2012
yes ashley young gave better cover than giggs but if dt was d only reason it would hav been a straight swap young in for giggs.retaining giggs in midfield but taking out a striker showed dt fergie felt d midfield was bin overrun.i just hope rooney is back for d spurs match cos i think we rily nid him for dt match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

yes ashley young gave better cover than giggs but if dt was d only reason it would hav been a straight swap young in for giggs.retaining giggs in midfield but taking out a striker showed dt fergie felt d midfield was bin overrun.i just hope rooney is back for d spurs match cos i think we rily nid him for dt match

nani's return to form is what we need.
if we can bring the wingers up to speed, we would be fine.
our style of play relies on the wingers having the form of their lives. . . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2012
of course nani is important esp now dt valencia is injured and i know dt united hav always depended on great wingers but we hav also had bobby charlton,cantona,mark hughes e.t.c i believe in rooney's abilities more than nani's cos nani can be on good form but still hav problems with decision making or d final pass while when rooney is on good form he actually makes people around him better n lifts his team mates.an in form rooney buzzing round d space in front of d 18yard box finding wide men wit long n short passes and threading his strike partner through passes is more important than nani's erratic thinking n final ball.dts not to say nani isnt important but our most important players r vidic n rooney
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

of course nani is important esp now dt valencia is injured and i know dt united hav always depended on great wingers but we hav also had bobby charlton,cantona,mark hughes e.t.c i believe in rooney's abilities more than nani's cos nani can be on good form but still hav problems with decision making or d final pass while when rooney is on good form he actually makes people around him better n lifts his team mates.an in form rooney buzzing round d space in front of d 18yard box finding wide men wit long n short passes and threading his strike partner through passes is more important than nani's erratic thinking n final ball.dts not to say nani isnt important but our most important players r vidic n rooney

abeggi, our most important player is michael carrick!
rooney is good but his bottom level is questionable. when he's having a stinker - he stinks like a decomposing body.
with the wingers - nani would still find an assist somehow without playing well, but rooney can go for several games without having any contribution.

rooney scores in gluts. 2 this week, 3 next week, 2 the upper week then he would 7 games without scoring.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
i know u love only torres more than carrick wink
i agree carrick is important but bearing in mind he went missing for long spells in d last 2 seasons and bearing in mind he has a lower bottom level than even rooney and bearing in mind cleverly and anderson(also ur boy) were doing ok without carrick earlier in d season i would rate carrick as no 3 in importance behind vidic and rooney.
answer dis who would u rather hav cop a season long injury rooney or carrick?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

i know u love only torres more than carrick wink
i agree carrick is important but bearing in mind he went missing for long spells in d last 2 seasons and bearing in mind he has a lower bottom level than even rooney and bearing in mind cleverly and anderson(also ur boy) were doing ok without carrick earlier in d season i would rate carrick as no 3 in importance behind vidic and rooney.
answer dis who would u rather hav cop a season long injury rooney or carrick?

if rooney goes missing, i won't miss him.
berbatov would have scored 25 league goals in rooney's absence. he did that last season when rooney's first half of the season was meh!

carrick is so important to the way we play.
in the last 2 seasons, he was nursing a niggling injury in his ankle.

cleverley and anderson were too cavalier.
we were conceding 20 shots per game although the attack was splendid. we were scoring for fun.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2012
and i know rooney's scoring is not consistent but he is one of those forwards dt i mentioned whose contribution to d team is more than just goals.
king eric's contribution to d united cause was abt more than just goals.bergkamp,zola even king kenny(after all  rushie scored almost double d goals he scored for liverpool)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2012
in d last season dt carrick played trash cos of his ankle injury we reached d champs league final n won d league despite his form,dis season dt he is back where r we?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

in d last season dt carrick played trash cos of his ankle injury we reached d champs league final n won d league despite his form,dis season dt he is back where r we?

you have to blame the absence of vidic and van der sar for that drop in quality.
carrick is our best midfielder. the most underrated footballer in the country by a country mile.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2012
carrick is our best midfielder i agree
losing vida n VDS cost us i agree
carrick is more important than rooney no sir!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2012
@ all welbeck bashers. Welbeck overall play is better than all the other strikers you mentioned bar rooney. He can improve on his finishing. The midfield was crap and i appreciate welbeck even if he missed chances. Berbatov rarely enters the box most times. Welbeck is my man any day anytime. Berbatov is finished (IMO).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:05pm On Feb 26, 2012
LOL
i dont think he is finished,just want him to take his talents somewhere else.he is bin paid too much to sit on d bench and i dont tink he should b playing week in week out since he is too similar to rooney who is younger,faster,more assertive and more of a united player.he has supreme ball control,he has d vision to see a pass and technique to deliver it and on his day he is an xcellent finisher BUT he is too lazy,ponders too much and slows our attack down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2012
BinghiNya:

@ all welbeck bashers. Welbeck overall play is better than all the other strikers you mentioned bar rooney. He can improve on his finishing. The midfield was crap and i appreciate welbeck even if he missed chances. Berbatov rarely enters the box most times. Welbeck is my man any day anytime. Berbatov is finished (IMO).

premier league's highest goal scorer last season is finished?
berbatov's overall play is better than any striker in england - never mind rooney.

what berbatov does with the ball, no english footballer can even dream about it.

welbeck - 6 goals in 1335 league mins
berbatov - 7 goals in 486 league mins.

you must be a joker!

afrodoc:

carrick is our best midfielder i agree
losing vida n VDS cost us i agree
carrick is more important than rooney no sir!

if we had carrick against basel(away), we wouldn't have lost that match.
rooney played 90 mins and he did nothing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2012
u dont know that.
having carrick in d team is not a guarantee of victory,nobody is a guarantee not even messi.
now if u were to say having carrick in dt team improves d team i would say yes but even d chief dibia of nri kingdom cant say for certainty dt a carrick inclusion guarantees victory.
rooney did nothing in 90mins,name me a footballer who has never had a poor game.rooney at his worst had a poor half season,carrick at his worst had a poor couple of seasons(dats a factor of 4 in terms of bottom level)
i rily dont know wt u hav against rooney but i look bat at ur posts n i see very few positive comments abt d boy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2012
afrodoc:

u dont know that.
having carrick in d team is not a guarantee of victory,nobody is a guarantee not even messi.
now if u were to say having carrick in dt team improves d team i would say yes but even d chief dibia of nri kingdom cant say for certainty dt a carrick inclusion guarantees victory.
rooney did nothing in 90mins,name me a footballer who has never had a poor game.rooney at his worst had a poor half season,carrick at his worst had a poor couple of seasons(dats a factor of 4 in terms of bottom level)
i rily dont know wt u hav against rooney but i look bat at ur posts n i see very few positive comments abt d boy.

there are 2 issues in football. . . . .
some players would play shyte for 90 mins and then set up a goal/score a goal and all their shyte play is quickly forgotten - e.g, rooney, giggs, etc.
for instance, someone like hernandez can never have a good game unless he scores according to most football fans.

whereas, there are some players who play good football but they are not in the position to cop good statistics like assisting a goal or scoring one.
these ones are called the unsung heroes. you ought to have the eye of an eagle to see what they do and since these players don't contribute tangible statistics, they are easy scapegoats when the team loses. carrick is a classic example of this breed of players.

i was looking at his statistics 2 weeks ago or so and it would baffle you that carrick is actually the most outstanding midfielder in the league.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14136) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.