Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8634926 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5753) (5754) (5755) (5756) (5757) (5758) (5759) ... (14120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
Jones, Smalling and Rojo should be better ball players. Look at the England team, Stones doesn't have problem making penetrating passes forward. But Jones and Smalling only make safe passes left and right or attempt a long pass. Stones even carry the ball forward with ease, although he made a school boy mistake in the goal that eliminated England from the word cup.

De Gea is rated best goalkeeper in the world, but looking at how some other keepers command their boxes, I am tempted to think that De Gea is not the best for United in the EPL where long balls fly into the box every no and then. I still reason we might not have won the Europa if De Gea kept the goal instead of Romero.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 9:54am On Jul 30, 2018
femiti:
50k could mean 50kobo ogbeni...spell it out well grin grin.
Hahhahah... Maduman. The experience of Air.mark and Raum.deuter on the Chelsea thread taught me alot o

Where you dey since?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:01am On Jul 30, 2018
Which players is Mourinho looking to buy? Which one is the board frustrating?

At some point I heard we wanted to buy Shaqiri. Then I saw him at Liverpool last night while reviewing match highlights. I saw names like Kane being linked to us. So where will Lukaku play?

The world cup shows that Rashford has a long way to go. We are going to rely again on Lingard as our most consistent attacking player. I can bet that, except we buy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2018
Mourinho informed the board months ago that he wanted reinforcements in central defence, right wing, midfield, full- backs and cover up front. (source: @DuncanCastles)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2018
Mourinho informed the board months ago that he wanted reinforcements in central defence, right wing, midfield, full- backs and cover up front. (source: @DuncanCastles)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:03am On Jul 30, 2018
Mourinho's utterances can kill the confidence of any young player, with his experience, he should know better about making such statements...
I really don't thikn many world class players will embrace the idea of playing for Mou, if this season turns out great, then fine...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2018
Godwindanielboy:

He needs better defenders who are experienced, commanding defenders like John terry, zanetti, sergio ramos. Smalling, Jones and Rojo doesn't have these.

Bonucci or alderweireld will do, he also needs a RW - rebic, willian has been linked. According mou, one is possible for him to get. RW or CB, he is getting one, maybe gets the two.
What is wrong Mourinho trying to get younger players to build a team that can dominate for sometime even when he leaves? What is the guarantee that those guys will win trophies for us? Can you stake your life on the fact that if we get those players, we will win the league? If it's a gamble, why are you not bothered about building a team instead of quick fixes? Just look at how the Sanchez project went especially at the expense of a younger talented Martial. Before we know it Sanchez will not be able to get us anything again and it would have been a waste.

What has Alderweild won at Tottenham or is it not the same Bonucci whose defense was shipping goals last season? The same Smalling and Jones you're talking about conceded lesser goals than the Alderweild. They topped Tottenham in the last season. They beat Tottenham to play in the final of the FA cup. Guy Mourinho has not been faithful in little and my bible tells me that if you're not faithful with little you can't be faithful with much.

OUR PROBLEM IS ATTACK and who does Mourinho want to fix that? Willian fncking Willian. Jesus! Is he looking for an attacker or someone that can defend? Someone that likes to run around without doing anything meaningful to the attack? FFS

our challenge last season was scoring goals and not defending. Creating meaningful chances and taking those chances.

Look at Kloop. LFC is probably saying they can trust Kloop because of what he has been able to do with the not expensive transfers he has been making. Now they're going all out to spend money. Instead of Mourinho to encourage those young ones that were available for preseason and teach them how to win as a team, he only succeeded in killing their morale. SMH. not every club gets their play but they don't moan like Mourinho. What is the essence of buying all those players when the team will automatically go into defensive mode when they face a top team. Abeggi

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:30am On Jul 30, 2018
Melvyn11:

How many trophies has the klopp won at Liverpool?
bro the thing just tire me....everybody is just against him cos he's Jose mourinho

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2040(m): 10:39am On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

What is wrong Mourinho trying to get younger players to build a team that can dominate for sometime even when he leaves? What is the guarantee that those guys will win trophies for us? Can you stake your life on the fact that if we get those players, we will win the league? If it's a gamble, why are you not bothered about building a team instead of quick fixes? Just look at how the Sanchez project went especially at the expense of a younger talented Martial. Before we know it Sanchez will not be able to get us anything again and it would have been a waste.

What has Alderweild won at Tottenham or is it not the same Bonucci whose defense was shipping goals last season? The same Smalling and Jones you're talking about conceded lesser goals than the Alderweild. They topped Tottenham in the last season. They beat Tottenham to play in the final of the FA cup. Guy Mourinho has not been faithful in little and my bible tells me that if you're not faithful with little you can't be faithful with much.

OUR PROBLEM IS ATTACK and who does Mourinho want to fix that? Willian fncking Willian. Jesus! Is he looking for an attacker or someone that can defend? Someone that likes to run around without doing anything meaningful to the attack? FFS

our challenge last season was scoring goals and not defending. Creating meaningful chances and taking those chances.

Look at Kloop. LFC is probably saying they can trust Kloop because of what he has been able to do with the not expensive transfers he has been making. Now they're going all out to spend money. Instead of Mourinho to encourage those young ones that were available for preseason and teach them how to win as a team, he only succeeded in killing their morale. SMH. not every club gets their play but they don't moan like Mourinho. What is the essence of buying all those players when the team will automatically go into defensive mode when they face a top team. Abeggi

This is what turned me off ultimately about Mourinho and his football at United. Klopp and Pep are coaches you can support with funds even unlimited because they have a clear, direct and upward progressive football that people of today want to see. It doesn't take long for such style to begin winning trophies and dominating so while Pep seems to have gotten it, Klopp is drawing closer and closrr. If i was a board member, will i be willing to veto more funds for a manager whose football a club that prides itself in attacking football can't see? Why do we setup defensively against any decent opposition and only come out after going a goal down - example of which is our last match only days ago? Is it right to keep throwing money at a manager who has the two most expensive signings in the premier league, another on the highest wage in the league but prefers to play haphazard, uncoordinated defensive football once any good team takes it to his. The last meaningful trophy we won was against canon fodder teams enroute the final. No baga should use that in justifying Mourinho. I actually thought he would improve last season, but a trophiless, hopeless season sets the background for another hopeless one considering the manager is not even upbeat to begin with.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 10:49am On Jul 30, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
deal
Eph12, Skimpledawg, larride please come and bear us witness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:50am On Jul 30, 2018
onyeomaonyeoma:
bro the thing just tire me....everybody is just against him cos he's Jose mourinho
You guys should stop this abeg. Were they also against LVG and Moyes because they were LVG and Moyes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2018
joeace2040:

This is what turned me off ultimately about Mourinho and his football at United. Klopp and Pep are coaches you can support with funds even unlimited because they have a clear, direct and upward progressive football that people of today want to see. It doesn't take long for such style to begin winning trophies and dominating so while Pep seems to have gotten it, Klopp is drawing closer and closrr. If i was a board member, will i be willing to veto more funds for a manager whose football a club that prides itself in attacking football can't see? Why do we setup defensively against any decent opposition and only come out after going a goal down - example of which is our last match only days ago? Is it right to keep throwing money at a manager who has the two most expensive signings in the premier league, another on the highest wage in the league but prefers to play haphazard, uncoordinated defensive football once any good team takes it to his. The last meaningful trophy we won was against canon fodder teams enroute the final. No baga should use that in justifying Mourinho. I actually thought he would improve last season, but a trophiless, hopeless season sets the background for another hopeless one considering the manager is not even upbeat to begin with.
I was even prepared to overlook so many things only for him to step down on those young guys career because he wants to make a point. Someone that has insisted on keeping Fellaini is who we want to take seriously?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 11:11am On Jul 30, 2018
LoRdCaT:
Eph12, Skimpledawg, larride please come and bear us witness.
Seen, screen shotted and stamped. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2018
Leyqute:

LoL. Exactly.

Someone that will have Messi, Ronaldo and Pele in his team and convert them to wingbacks and DMs

Mou's favorite formation is 5-4-1-0
Lol. Then send Fella to strike and ask Lukaku to play strike back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2018
LoRdCaT:
Eph.12, Skimpled.awg, la.rride please come and bear us witness.
We are here grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 30, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Hahhahah... Maduman. The experience of Air.mark and Raum.deuter on the Chelsea thread taught me alot o

Where you dey since?
lol...na hustle to better my life take me off nairaland.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2018
CapitalCee:

Ajax has won champions league more times than Chelsea. Who is stronger now. Tge weakest sevilla that Liverpool could not beat

Just last season liverpool got to a CL final. When was the last time Sevilla played a cl final? Never
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 11:38am On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

You guys should stop this abeg. Were they also against LVG and Moyes because they were LVG and Moyes
nah bro don't get me wrong ....Jose should be given the players he demanded... a Workman knowns the kind of tools he need...give it to him then if he fails to deliver sack him....no time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:50am On Jul 30, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
That's his own style of play. The best form of attack is defence thing. With that style of play, he won ucl with inter.

Deschamp use that style of play but with better players to win the WC. You know the use of counter attack to mbappe through pogba.

Every coach have their style of play and will never abandon it irrespective of media, press or fans bashing. You don't expect pep to go to atletico and play defensive football.

Godwin who are these players that Mourinho wants and he's denied Maguire for 70m and Willian for 60m who else
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:51am On Jul 30, 2018
onyeomaonyeoma:
nah bro don't get me wrong ....Jose should be given the players he demanded... a Workman knowns the kind of tools he need...give it to him then if he fails to deliver sack him....no time
So because of two players he can't do anything again? Do you think every coach gets all the players they want? What do you think was the problem with our team last season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:54am On Jul 30, 2018
onyeomaonyeoma:

You haven't noticed that this market everyone is holding on to any player they have. You haven't noticed that the normal big boys in the market are calm. Madrid sef had to buy 2 teenagers from south america, psg never buy anyone, even Barca dey hijack malcolm

Man utd wants bale, do you think Madrid will sell Bale now that they've sold Ronaldo or should Woodward pay 400m for Bale just to get Mourinho his tools

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2018
raumdeuter:

You haven't noticed that this market everyone is holding on to any player they have. You haven't noticed that the normal big boys in the market are calm. Madrid sef had to buy 2 teenagers from south america, psg never buy anyone, even Barca dey hijack malcolm

Man utd wants bale, do you think Madrid will sell Bale now that they've sold Ronaldo or should Woodward pay 400m for Bale just to get Mourinho his tools
imagine paying 400milla for Bale then you see him dragging space with Valencia
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
onyeomaonyeoma:
Am not mourinho biggest fan but all this is taking out of context. Let's look at Liverpool progression under klopp. From 4th to 4th with 0 trophies to 0 trophies .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kholiwe(f): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mourinho is Mourinho, you know exactly what you are going to get
from him. He isn't going to give chances to kids unless they are
banging on the door. He is going to want to make only big name
signings. He isn't always going to be play great football. He is
however going to challenge for trophies and engineer some victories
out of nothing. He loves the under dog tag.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
onyeomaonyeoma:

Ask yourself how long Mourinho has been united coach that we/he still Dont have a clear understanding of what we need to do, only this rant when things Dont go his way.

Is this not the same Mourinho that wrote a letter asking for the job that he has seen exactly what is wrong with united and as such the job should be given to him.

3 seasons later he is moanng like a pregnant goat whose water just broke. Killing the moral of everybody.

As per Ed wayward, I Dont know what to say.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2018
Melvyn11:

Am not mourinho biggest fan but all this is taking out of context. Let's look at Liverpool progression under klopp. From 4th to 4th with 0 trophies to 0 trophies .
Then why is Mourinho moaning after he was bitch slapped by Kloop? Why is he bitter now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

Then why is Mourinho moaning after he was bitch slapped by Kloop? Why is he bitter now?
I think klopp hasn't beaten Mourinho United in any competitive fixtures. Mourinho has klopp by his balls. It's obvious the board hasn't backed him enough in the transfer window. Can you honestly say that United has upgraded from last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
Melvyn11:

I think klopp hasn't beaten Mourinho United in any competitive fixtures. Mourinho has klopp by his balls. It's obvious the board hasn't backed him enough in the transfer window. Can you honestly say that United has upgraded from last season.

Yes. United signed a central midfielder Fred and a young right back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
Melvyn11:

Then why is Mourinho crying and destroying the moral of the youngsters in his team? Should they have declined joining his team instead?

Was there an upgrade in our squad last season? Is that why the squad went trophyless? Since Mourinho joined United, he has spent over 100m in defense, almost 200m in midfield and another 100+m in attack. What has he done with that? Made top while playing the worst football. How is the top 4 he made different from the others that made top 4? Rashford and Martial can no longer play football.

If you were a stakeholder, won't you be surprised at the kind of transfers Mourinho wants to make? Buying 29 years old that has just 2-3 years and that's it. Which big club is making that kind of signing now when the players name is not Ronaldo or Messi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
raumdeuter:

Yes. United signed a central midfielder Fred and a young right back
a RB who has started less than 10 senior matches for Porto. a midfielder who shined in the Ukrainian league but is unproven in top leagues. Nor be every time you go talk lie. Be objective
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
hahahahahahahaha. What Slimghost sees while sitting down, some people won't even if they climb an iroko tree.
Mourinho is bad news. Dude is not up for the fight against city and Liverpool
So all these his imbecilic rants are all excuses. He has had 5 transfer Windows to fix his team, so I don't want to hear that 'average player' dumb excuse.
Was is not the same idiot that wasted money on Lindelof? all of a sudden he wants to waste another one an another central defender? He must be mad!

Dude is just a bad workman battling with his tools. special scam! Poch and pep are having same world cup players issues but u havent seen them condemn their young lads like this idiot.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

Lol. Then send Fella to strike and ask Lukaku to play strike back

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5753) (5754) (5755) (5756) (5757) (5758) (5759) ... (14120) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.