Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,361 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8632953 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5792) (5793) (5794) (5795) (5796) (5797) (5798) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2018
I laugh nearly piss for body after watching this

https://twitter.com/Marcus10i/status/1027186932248457217?s=20
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2018
Leyqute:

Jose signed a new contract in January 2018.

Leading up to that moment he was someone who won 2 trophies in the previous season, had the potential of lifting the FA cup and qualifying for the UCL in the current campaign. His drab method of play wasn't that noticeable or had yet to cost enough points to be angry about it. Maybe the board thought it was a passing thing.

I think it's more of the emboldened because his drab method had been exposed before then against teams like City and Loserfool, because we attack against smaller teams and defend against big teams especially away from home.

Immediately Mou got enough backing, he became comfortable and started showing his true colors. Knowing him and his past antics at different clubs, the board shouldn't have given him such backing or handed him a contract that gives him so much leverage.

Nwoke, I'd partly blame Ed and his woody team of managers too. But not for refusing to hand Mourinho a blank cheque this TW- I'd blame them for allowing him to have the comfort of believing he's got rights to a blank cheque even if he hasn't been productive with what he's bought already.

You made valid points in all your post. The emboldened is my major grouse with the board.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2018
Martial will leave today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
I laugh nearly piss for body after watching this

https://twitter.com/Marcus10i/status/1027186932248457217?s=20

LMAO. grin grin. We parade clowns as CBs.

I'm not holding a brief for Smalling and Jones, but defenders are prone to gaffes. If a similar video was made for Shekpe defenders, it'll be up there with the funniest of them all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:04am On Aug 09, 2018
Army10:
Martial will leave today
No way is he gonna leave today...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 09, 2018
patrickmuf:
No way is he gonna leave today...
12 months to go on his contract, if he doesn't leave today, he can sign for free to any club January
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2018
Army10:
12 months to go on his contract, if he doesn't leave today, he can sign for free to any club January
I am not sure, can someone confirm or refute this claim?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2018
If i were Anthony Martial i would force a move. JM essentially cost him a World Cup winners medal.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:11am On Aug 09, 2018
I have this gut feeling that we might end up signing 2-3 players before the window shuts today...Make it happen Ed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2018
Army10:
Martial will leave today

God forbid bad thing. Waka.

Mourinho will leave before Martial does- if worse comes to worst.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2018
afrodoc2:
If i were Anthony Martial i would force a move. JM essentially cost him a World Cup winners medal.
At this point? He had enough time to force a move if he really wanted out...Only Darmian and Rojo (If we get a CB) should be allowed to leave at this point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2018
sinizia:

LMAO. grin grin. We parade clowns as CBs.

I'm not holding a brief for Smalling and Jones, but defenders are prone to gaffes. If a similar video was made for Shekpe defenders, it'll be up there with the funniest of them all.

Never as funny as this.

The one wey off me na when smalling pick Pogba for that goal challenge but ended up hitting himself.

I laughed so hard
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:14am On Aug 09, 2018
Leyqute:

God forbid bad thing. Waka.

Mourinho will leave before Martial does- if worse comes to worst.
grin grin grin
I said the same thing in my mind...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:14am On Aug 09, 2018
Apparently players still want to come to United!

"Sky Sports News have reported that both Harry Maguire and Jerome Boateng — the latter contrary to reports — have made it clear that they want to move to United before Thursday’s deadline. It puts Mourinho in a strong position; Maguire is said to be his second choice, and Leicester’s transfer activity seems to have executed with the exit of their World Cup star in mind."

It was reported that we missed signing Perisic because Ed didn't want to go 5 mill higher. The same with Alderweireld now, we will miss out on a player the club needs and Mourinho wants because Ed doesn't want to pay 5 mill more.
It looks like Mourinho wants to replace the likes of Rojo, Jones, Smalling with better technical players, which most fans have been screaming for now for 2 or 3 years.

We can't sell until we have replacements, but Ed won't buy until we unload some players!

Go figure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2018
patrickmuf:
At this point? He had enough time to force a move if he really wanted out...Only Darmian and Rojo (If we get a CB) should be allowed to leave at this point.
if he doesn't sign a new contract between now and January, he will go for free next year, given how Mourinho benches him and the negative football manu plays, I don't see him signing, hence my point, if a good bid comes in for him, he will leave, it's better to get 40m for him than lose him for free
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:23am On Aug 09, 2018
eph12:

We won't play like that against the smaller teams. I am only worried about the lack of creativity whenever we attack especially against the smaller teams when they decide to defend in numbers. We may also be in trouble if they come out to play ball, especially when they move the ball fast

I don't see us playing any attractive footie against the smaller teams too, that's how much we have regressed. Mourinho has to go abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2018
patrickmuf:

I am not even predicting what i think he will do or even saying it is what i want him to do. But if if i were in his shoes no way am i going back to play for JM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:49am On Aug 09, 2018
Jesus! We really fork this martial situation up.
Who will pay 40million for a player they could get for free with a little patience ?
Bayern will sell us Boateng and get martial for free.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
Nah I don't think anybody is going anywhere again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2018
dopeJemi:

I don't see us playing any attractive footie against the smaller teams too, that's how much we have regressed. Mourinho has to go abeg.
It won't be attractive yeah, filled with too many loose passes, but it won't be that bad either
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2018
eph12:

It won't be attractive yeah, filled with too many loose passes, but it won't be that bad either

Make we dey see sha, tomorrow Don reach
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2018
we should've sold martial or do a straight swap with chelsea for willian since jose doesn't like hiim.

or

maybe the board plans to sack j.m thus making martial to sign a new contract if things aren't going jose's way come january.

anyway friday need to come fast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:19am On Aug 09, 2018
Shey people don start to dey smoke bitter leaf ni?

Na wah o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2018
God dey grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2018
"I'm not confident," he said. "The market closes today [Thursday] so there's time at least for me to stop thinking about it.

Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:49am On Aug 09, 2018
"I will have to focus on the players I have in relation to the first three matches, because after Spurs there is an international break and I have a couple of weeks to recover people and prepare them better.

"I have to focus on the players that are available. We go with everything we have in that first match.

"Nothing will happen before the transfer window shuts? The information I have is no."

Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2018
More To Follow...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2018
I heard Manyoo want to buy zouma grin grin grin grin

If we no collect half that ekpa money for una hand, we fork up...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:51am On Aug 09, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
I heard Manyoo want to buy zouma grin grin grin grin

If we no collect half that ekpa money for una hand, we fork up...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:52am On Aug 09, 2018
grin

Man Utd don lock shop.. No more signing!!

Let the wailing continue... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:55am On Aug 09, 2018
The fact is that all our legends, and even legends of other clubs believe Mourinho needs two more players to be able to have a good season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2018
Wayne Rooney says Manchester United need two more signings before the Premier League deadline falls.

Rooney, now at MLS outfit DC United says they need at least two new faces to have any chance of dethroning champions Manchester City.

"I hope someone can catch City - it would be nice, so hopefully Manchester United can. I think maybe another signing or two.

“I know there has been a lot of talk about pre-season in the press but I am sure behind the scenes, Jose has been giving them the right amount of work."

(1) (2) (3) ... (5792) (5793) (5794) (5795) (5796) (5797) (5798) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kizolo(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.